What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?

When the occupy thing first started, I was a fan.  They had a very clear message at that point.  They were speaking out regularly and cleary against the financial world's growing strangelhold on all of us.

For example, I am a restaurant owner.  I pay more for credit card processing FEES than I do for the restaurant's rent.  That figure is also more than my entire payroll.  That figure is also more than my entire supply cost.  In other words, my single largest expense is the per-transaction fees that I pay to the cc company, which I have no choice but to pay, because nobody uses cash anymore, and there are no alternatives.  That is absolutely ridiculous.  Without that, I could employ twice as many people, or cut my prices by 40%, or a combination of both.  That's what we need in this economy, and thats what the occupy message originally was.  

But, just like the peace thing in the 60's it was quickly popularized and distorted and it became a fashion statement.

What bugs me the most now is the fact the occupy protesters have been treated as terrorists in many places, and yet tea partiers are free to stage rallies fully armed with automatic weapons, and westboro baptist nutjobs are left alone while they violently protest at funerals.  Who owns this country?  Certainly not us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?:
    [QUOTE]When the occupy thing first started, I was a fan.  They had a very clear message at that point.  They were speaking out regularly and cleary against the financial world's growing strangelhold on all of us. For example, I am a restaurant owner.  I pay more for credit card processing FEES than I do for the restaurant's rent.  That figure is also more than my entire payroll.  That figure is also more than my entire supply cost.  In other words, my single largest expense is the per-transaction fees that I pay to the cc company, which I have no choice but to pay, because nobody uses cash anymore, and there are no alternatives.  That is absolutely ridiculous.  Without that, I could employ twice as many people, or cut my prices by 40%, or a combination of both.  That's what we need in this economy, and thats what the occupy message originally was.   But, just like the peace thing in the 60's it was quickly popularized and distorted and it became a fashion statement. What bugs me the most now is the fact the occupy protesters have been treated as terrorists in many places, and yet tea partiers are free to stage rallies fully armed with automatic weapons, and westboro baptist nutjobs are left alone while they violently protest at funerals.  Who owns this country?  Certainly not us.
    Posted by seymonster[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your interesting comment, I will be the first to say 'I did'nt know that'! Health care not restaurants is my business as I'm overseas now and up early.
    Sadly we the People do'nt own our Country anymore. The international Banksters own us the way I see it happening.

credit card = processing FEES
    processing FEES = Banks
    Banks = Control of our money system
    Money system = Federal Reserve
    Federal Reserve = Elite Banksters
    Elite Banksters = Wall Street and top Elite 1 %
    Wall Street and top Elite 1 % = Theft from the Taxpayers
    Theft from the Taxpayers = Bought Politicians
    Bought Politicians = Never end

Until 'NONE of THE ABOVE' is placed as a choice in the Voting Booth? It will never end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The chamber of commerce has taken up all the street corners with the 1000 hookers they imported for the game.... I don't think there are any empty spaces left to occupy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?:
    [QUOTE]You need to add a choice of 'Get Barney Frank to enact another Community Reinvestment Act' http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/09/28/franks_fingerprints_are_all_over_the_financial_fiasco/
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

i thought  barney retired??

Sections
Shortcuts