what do you think???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfbball. Show sfbball's posts

what do you think???

Jarod Mayo, Laurence Maroney and Kevin O’connell are 3 of the top 20 under 25 athletes in 2009. Who is going to make the most impact on the patriots this coming season?? How do they compare to the other athletes on the list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: what do you think???

I think Mayo will emerge as a top LB this season. I'm not so sure about Maroney, he has yet to prove he can remain healthy and consistent. Hopefully we will not get to see O'Connell play at all this year!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfbball. Show sfbball's posts

I agree... haha not a big fan of o'connell i take it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No we are just bigger fans of Tom Brady. The only way O Connel see game action is if Brady gets hurt so that is the reast we dont want to see him playing at all. Maroney could have a break out season and give us all hope once again that we made a good pick when we took him. Mayo will show that he is a top flight NFL MLB for years to come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

1) Mayo (huge impact)
    2) Maroney (1 of 5 cogs in a great running game, which means his contributions won't be that large, but shouldn't be dismissed, either)
    3) O'Connell (Very important role relaying the playcall into Brady's helmet)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Maroney is only 24?  That really gives me some pause in thinking he was a bust.  He'll be, what, 25 or 26 when his contract is up?  That's really incredible.

Of course, think about Chad Jackson.  They guy left school early and his career was over before some of his classmates graduated.  So that decision was mutually horrible for the team and him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Mayo is a BEAST and is ready to break out, if you don't think he has already. I'm not saying he is there, but he has the potential to be Ray Lewis style force out there. Smart, always around the ball and always on the field.

Maroney needs to be healthy and needs some confindence, he has the tools. I just don't see him putting it together. As part of this group of backs he may be able stay healthy enough to contribute.

O'Connell, wow he is in a tough spot, with so little experience. God forbid if he had to go in, at least he would be sourrounded by talent and team guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Of the three, Mayo proved his worth right out of the shute and one would think it can only get better with experience.  Maroney, has yet to live up to his billing, too many injuries.  True, he did have a great streak of games in the '07 playoffs, but, he's too much like a Jekyll & Hyde, which running back will we see?  O'Connell, has yet to play in meaningful situations other than mop-up.  He's the Cassell of the three.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

I'd like to see O'Connell..just in the 4th quarter of most games where we've blown out teams and there's no reason for Tom to be in lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

I'm just not buying the hype around O'Connell. It's like a flashback to the Michael Bishop days where everyone wanted to see this guy get on the field because he displayed amazing arm strength and looked great in practices and the preseason. Who knows if OC will bust like that or not, but it seems to be a similar story.

Of the three, it's Mayo and it's not even close. That guy is an absolute animal already and I think he's going to lead the NFL in tackles... or be darn close.

Sections
Shortcuts