What do you want from the 1st 2 round of the draft?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: What do you want from the 1st 2 round of the draft?

I love the "stop trading down it's not working" crowd...  have we or have we not been in 5 Super Bowls during BB's tenure? Don't we win the AFC East every year? Haven't we groomed more NFL head coaches than any other franchise over the last ten years?  Wasn't the Kansas City Chiefs QB taken by Belichick even though he didn't start one college game and is now a serviceable NFL QB as long as he has a running game behind him?  Chung, Mayo, Spikes, Wilfork, McCourty along with both of our tight ends and two 6'8" towers for offensive tackles were all solid picks... you guys are a spoiled lot.  How did packaging picks and moving up work out for the Falcons this year? Doug Baldwin was undrafted and his stats nearly match Julio Jones...

Now as for what I think we'll see on draft day the biggest area of need would be defensive tackle.  Gerrard Warren played like a champ this season but his time is limited if not up, after Wilfork he was the only dominating defensive lineman.  We need more beef...

Next up would be safety help, if I know BB and there is no predicting what this guy will do, if there are no impact safeties in this draft he will end up taking the best corner available and play one of our existing corners at free safety and move Chung to Strong safety.

There is the likelihood he will spend a later pick 3rd or beyond on a wide receiver but it is far more likely he brings in a vet free agent looking to get a ring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Agree for the most part with wozzy's post, particularly with respect to BB's success in producing a winning football team.

This is what the Pats have in the first 3 rounds:
    1st Round (Pick 27) (via New Orleans)
    1st Round (Pick 31)
    2nd Round (Pick 48) (via Oakland)
    2nd Round (Pick 63)
    3rd Round (Pick 94)

This is what I see as areas of need not necessarily in any particular order:
    Safety
    Corner
    DE/OLB as pass rusher
    WR (with deep threat potential)

To what degree any of those will be addressed in the draft as opposed to free agency is an open question.  Pats' flexibility will of course be impacted with how they handle Welker: resign or let go.

My 2 cents adjusted for compromise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

I just want a TALL receiver (6'4-6'5) so that TB could start again to throw deep balls and high on the side !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Wide receiver 's Blackmon from Oklahoma State. He likes Brandon Marshall.
    A corner back, safety, LB and offensive guard from Alabama or LSU.  We will be back in the hunt of SB 47 again.  We need to built a defense like 49ers so TB does not have to carry a team since 2007.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: What do you want from the 1st 2 round of the draft?:
    In Response to Re: What do you want from the 1st 2 round of the draft? : He is a restricted FA with a first round tender, if he signed with us thats what we would have to give up, steelers would have to give a better offer
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

we could have a poison pill clause in the contract as well if we really wanted him, something along the lines if he plays more than 2 games at heinz field his contract doubles.  I highly doubt BB signs wallace though, would it solve our problem of safeties playing close to the LOS yes, but i thing brandon Lloyd would do that as well at a much cheaper rate and no loss of a pick.

Sections
Shortcuts