What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?

Just by the way he held his breath, the fleeting look in his eyes, how he handled the shotgun snaps, the constant discomfort and all of the passes to the closest receiver to him... Mark Sanchez looked lost out there. I think the Jets have lost him early on here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?

He has his coach's big mouth to thank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?:
    [QUOTE]He has his coach's big mouth to thank.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree, TCal. Sanchez had that doofy look on his face last year as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

And they just extended him Tcal2.Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i saw he couldnt throw the ball downfield on a ed reed less baltimore defense!!! he looked like he did last year, a sorry qb who is overhyped and overrated!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The two-minute drill (or the lack of it, actually) showed exactly where Sanchez's problems lie. He cannot simply check down to his outlet guy on every play.

Green New Jersey's offense is laughably inept.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Sanchez is the best thing to happen to the Pats since the 199th pick of the 2000 draft...............long live the 2nd coming of Rick Mirer!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

He had trouble before the ball was even snapped. Don't know if he had communication problems with his headset or if he just doesn't know the plays, but near the end of the game, the Jets OC looked like he wanted to run on the field and slap him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

A quarterback who doesnt trust in himself and his arm even though his arm is just as good as Bradfords.

He needs alot of coaching and he needed that extra year in college. He wont get that coaching in NY unless he magically finds it himself.

Tonight was pathetic. He was captain checkdown on that last drive took no deep shorts or even intermediate shots. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Didn't both Sanchez and Lienart both QB at USC?  Just saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

I saw a sign in the stands at the Jets games that said "PLay Like A Jet"!
    Id say tonight they did in deed! Didnt convert one third down tonight. NOT ONE!

Rex Ryan - "Im not as good a coach as BB but Im not afraid of him"

Hey Rex - maybe you should be! Cause the way your going NO team is afraid of you right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I saw nothing that was very good.  However, even without Ed Reed the Ravens have a good defense.  Sanchez is not a good QB, at least not yet.  That said, I doubt he's as bad as he looked tonight.  He'll look better against the middle of the pack teams.  Will he ever be elite?  I highly doubt it.  He better hope he plays better than he did tonight or he won't even be a starting QB period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]I saw a sign in the stands at the Jets games that said "PLay Like A Jet"! Id say tonight they did in deed! Didnt convert one third down tonight. NOT ONE! Rex Ryan - "Im not as good a coach as BB but Im not afraid of him" Hey Rex - maybe you should be! Cause the way your going NO team is afraid of you right now!
    Posted by pymus1[/QUOTE]
    The Jets offense certainly has problems, but their defense is still going to give other teams fits. Defense wins games and Ryan as lame as he may seem, if Sanchez doesnt get his act together Im going to say will get benched

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

I have to say there looked to be some problems their in the 4th qtr with the communication to the side line but I don't know if it was sanchez's fault or not.  Also as some one else already pointed out they did play a pretty good defense.  I think the answer is some where in between, I don't think he's very good but I also don't think their as bad as that game made them look. 

overall I'd say I'm less concerned with them after seeing that game.  I think we can stop them and I think if flacco could move the ball with the wr's he has they won't stop us at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?:
    [QUOTE]Just by the way he held his breath, the fleeting look in his eyes, how he handled the shotgun snaps, the constant discomfort and all of the passes to the closest receiver to him... Mark Sanchez looked lost out there. I think the Jets have lost him early on here.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]

I've been saying since they drafted him that they will be disappointed.  USC is a great system and it allows QB's to look good.   It doesn't always translate into the pro's however.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"if Sanchez doesnt get his act together Im going to say will get benched"

Umm didn't he just get signed to a long term deal? If so, there's no way they will bench him and risk losing that investment. The only way he will lose the QB job is if he screws your season. The price of replacing Sanchez will be one painful toss off season. So you should hope he pulls it together. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The Jets are dead if they get down by 2 scores. 

I think the Pat's Special Team play will be critical next week.  The Jets had the Ravens pinned against their goal line for good stretches of the 2nd half....I don't want to see that next week with the Pats running game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

wasn't impressed with the Ravens return teams.  They got some pressure, but coverage was just decent.  They totally didn't exploit the middle of the field, and if they hadn't discovered Cromartie Island, they would have lost.  I think the Jets may be able to run on us a bit, may score 10-14 points.  We should be able to get 21-31 points on them, no problem.  Looking forward to it.  Once you show all your blitz packages, it just gets easier for the other guys to counter.  Like last year.  These guys don't scare me on the back end at all.  Heck, 2 of their 3 cornerbacks are a flat out liability.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

IMHO, it's still a little early to decide much on Sanchez. Last year, he played like a rookie....and he just started his second year.  In reality, how many second year QBs play like an all-pro?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

The Ravens weakness was its secondary yet Sanchez could not pass to save his life or Rex's big mouth. Where are the Jests fans now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]IMHO, it's still a little early to decide much on Sanchez. Last year, he played like a rookie....and he just started his second year.  In reality, how many second year QBs play like an all-pro?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]IMHO, it's still a little early to decide much on Sanchez. Last year, he played like a rookie....and he just started his second year.  In reality, how many second year QBs play like an all-pro?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Smoke up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

One dimensional football is not only painful but horribly boring to watch for four qtrs.

For all that is Holy, I'm still trying to figure out what made this kid the #5 pick in the draft.  This is his second year but he still looks like a rookie.  Very tenative, afraid to throw it down field and centric to a single receiver...
    I can't believe that their offensive game plan was that poor going in...And if it was this kid just compounded it...If you watched the OC on the sidelines, he was clearly having fits too.

OK the Ravens are fierce as evidenced by the late game game sack by that 350 pounder along with Ray Lewis' monster hit over the middle but still..

78 yds. of offense is pretty much a disgraceful performance for any organization
    but for the much  ballyhooed Jets it was perfectly delightful....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

When Sanchez was drafted and the hoopla started I caught an ESPN Around the Horn when they were talking about him. While everyone else was ready to award the Jets the next 5 SBs LA Times writer Bill Plaschke said he didn't think Sanchez had what it took to be a successful NFL QB. I got the impression he didn't think the kid was smart enough to handle the mental aspect of being an NFL QB. This kind of stuck with me because of all the pundits only he had been covering Sanchez his whole college career.

Thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Sanchez has been completely handcuffed by his coaches.  They figure it's the only chance they have to win.  But right now they are close to desparate.  If they loose to NE then they are 0-2 at home, 0-2 in the ACF, and 0-1 in the division.  And don't understimate how ugly it will get in NY if that happens.

Their backs are to the wall and they need to unlease Sanchez.  This no doubt is just what BB wants.   As questionable as the Pats secondary is I'd still rather see Sanchez throwing than the Jets pounding the ball or going to the pistol.

It will be interesting to watch the Sanchez-Schottenheimer dynamic deteriorate.  It looks like they can't stand each other and both are probably heading towards the NFL wannabe pile.