What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?

In Response to Re: What dod you see in Mark Sanchez?:
    IMHO, it's still a little early to decide much on Sanchez. Last year, he played like a rookie....and he just started his second year.  In reality, how many second year QBs play like an all-pro?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I thought he was bad last year and I still think he is bad.....overrated

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Plain and simple, Sancheese will not beat us with his arm. In order for the Jets to win, they have to run the ball amazingly well, plus hold the Pats to 14-21 points or less. They also have to have the same number of takeaways on defense as they did against the Ravens and they have to shut down our return game. Seems like a lot to ask. The Pats D is not Baltimore, but few are. I just hope BB dials up some creative blitz packages to further confuse Sancheese like he was last night. 

This is going to be a great test for our offensive line, TE's and RB's. They all have to help in picking up the blitz and Brady I think is better at calling it out than Flacco. As good as Flacco is, he is no Brady. QB's like Manning and Brady should be able to dissect a blitz happy team like the Jets and make them pay both on short and intermediate routes. The only think that worries me is Tom taking too much time to set up Randy long which is going to lead to him getting crushed. Pick them apart surgically and we will win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE].  Will he ever be elite?  I highly doubt it.  He better hope he plays better than he did tonight or he won't even be a starting QB period.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

He was about 10 points below his QB rating for all of last year, hes a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Evil:  You could say that Pete Carrol might possibly have had the kid's interest at heart to whatever degree when he mentioned, "maturity."  Naysayers will jump and proclaim it was totally self-interest and leaving him with ???

Not to date myself, but it's only recently that we have seen the kids jumping form the  college turf to the pro turf and starting at their given positions.  Conventional wisdom was that it took three or four years for a even a very good college QB to mature properly football wise.  Ok, sure there were circumstances and injuries that sometimes accelerated that  calendar. This kid was not only thrown into the fire in a "want it now," media intense market like NY with a five year, $50M contract hanging outta his back pocket but under the gun of a primarily Defensive minded head coach.  Sorry Rex but QB's don't blitz...

As far as mental capacity or Football IQ goes I dunno....Sanchez registered a 28 in his Wonderlic which is four points higher than the avg. pro. QB in recent years...It's not like he's in DeMarcus Russel territory or anything.  Those numbers didn't look too reliable to me because you had a bunch of ALL-Pro types  mired in the mid-teens...The 116 IQ I read someplace isn't exhilarating
    but it's apparently not  horrendous to the people writing checks there in the Big Apple.

Again, I dunno the answer but my guess is  that it's probably as much to do with seasoning as anything else...Either that or the kid goes down in history as
    a $50M bust....

Think I would wait t'il mid late season before going there.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]IMHO, it's still a little early to decide much on Sanchez. Last year, he played like a rookie....and he just started his second year.  In reality, how many second year QBs play like an all-pro?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Uh, well,,, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Ben Rothlisberger, (though I detest him), and there are others. Jeez, Bledsoe was better as a rookie than Sanchez is.  It should be his break through season but I suspected all along that there would never be a break through season.  Some of the Q.B.'s on the list above did it in their rookie seasons. 

Look, Sanchez has been touted since he was drafted and only because he went to New York.  There was never any real indication beyond hype that he has the goods to make it as first string Q.B. in the NFL. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jets' secondary got picked on huge last night, save for Revis.  And that was Joe Flacco, not Tom Brady.  Granted, Heap made some sick catches, but Flacco missed on a couple big plays that TB will not miss.

For all the talk about the Jets' secondary, they absolutely got blown up last night. And with about 5 minutes left in the game, the left guard got run over and Sanchez got sacked pretty hard.  That was 340 pounds on him.  He really didn't look too good after that.  Lewis's hit shortly thereafter pretty much sealed the deal.

Pats probably won't put up more than 21 against this D, but the good news is that the Jets' offense really is terrible.  LT was the only bright spot last night and even that was brief.  Pats 21, Jets 10.  Jets' TD will come from a forced fumble, imo.

And for the record, maybe RR should shut his freaking mouth and concentrate on finding some discipline on defense.  I get that players like the guy, but all he's done so far is put a big old target on their fronts and their backs.  Too much media hype, not enough ability.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Ravens had a lot to do with Sanchez's poor performance last night.  I only saw a little of the game, but I can't believe that he has regressed that much over the course of one year.  I think the Ravens allowed 100+ yds. rushing, and LT looked like he has something in the tank, which should help the Jets when they're not facing a D like the Ravens.  The O looked pretty inept at times, and the Jets better hope that their D can hold everyone to 10 points because it looked like they will have trouble scoring lots of points themselves.  

Cromartie will continue to get picked on.  He'll make some athletic plays, but he looked like a guy that could be beat and he's gonna have a long season as the guy opposite Revis.  Losing Jenkins again is a big setback. 

Should be a good game.  I expect that the Jets will try to run it on the Pats, which should only help Sanchez.  But I think the Pats will score their fair share.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What dod you see in Mark Sanchez? : The Jets offense certainly has problems, but their defense is still going to give other teams fits. Defense wins games and Ryan as lame as he may seem, if Sanchez doesnt get his act together Im going to say will get benched
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

If their offense plays like it did last night the'll be tha AFC's version of the Chicago Bears! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

sanchez looked good again against the dolphins!! where u at phagrex come defend ur sssuck azz quarterback

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

FEAR

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

DUH