What does everyone wanna see on Day 2?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: What does everyone wanna see on Day 2?

I don't understand why the biggest problem for the longest time has been our ability to get off the field consistently on 3rd downs. 3 and outs are almost non-existent. We have to change this philosophy and get to attacking Defense, that covers the short 3rd down conversions. You need speed for this.
    I know its a few guys, but its the mindset.
    Todays NFL is illusion, you see all this passing, spread offenses, looks nice. They have been doing this for years, all the way back to Sid Gilman. Its still the same game, since day 1. Its one team imposing their will on the other, physically and Mentally. It starts with Defense.
    That's why I still want Defense with next 2 picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the PAts had day 2 grades on the following players, and if the board fell the right way would be happy with any of them;

Richburg, Martin, Lawrence, Nix, Tuitt, Kouandjio, Jernigan, Joyner, Sua Filo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think the PAts had day 2 grades on the following players, and if the board fell the right way would be happy with any of them;

Idle musing:  Since BB has been criticized for taking Easley at 29 over Nix or Tuitt, if he drafts either one of them at 62 will he be applauded for a steal?  Just curious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Idle musing:  Since BB has been criticized for taking Easley at 29 over Nix or Tuitt, if he drafts either one of them at 62 will he be applauded for a steal?  Just curious.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would yes. I see Nix having Wilfork upside and Tuitt having T Warren upside so I would most def call that a steal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Those are some good names. Not high on Jernigan and Lawrence I'm indifferent over say a Martin or Clarke but wouldn't be disappointed in any of them. Though I'd hope to get another weapon for Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would yes. I see Nix having Wilfork upside and Tuitt having T Warren upside so I would most def call that a steal.

[/QUOTE]

but that's the point. it's not Kipers draft board. not McShays. Not Mayocks. It's BB's draft board, and based on the way he wants to play defense, and based on which players he feels his staff can coach, he wanted Easley at #1.

I don't think BB is stealing Nix or Tuitt in Rd2, as that is where he has them slotted to be chosen in the defense the team will play. If they are there, he will choose them. BUt he wont reach for a player, and if all of his second round draft choices have been taken, he will trade back rather than take a 3rd rounder in the 2nd round 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Someone who doesn't have his Orthopedist on speed dial.  Is that asking too much?

How about an OLB to work the side opposite Jamie Collins?   A guy who can rush off the edge, but is every bit as capable in dropping into coverage.   I don't have a name, but that's what I want.  If we start playing more 4-3 sets we need an upgrade at OLB.   If someone tells me Nink is going to be that guy I just might lose my lunch.  Too slow in coverage.  Ditto for Mayo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Pats have spent in inordinate amount of recent picks on the D, which they needed to do.  Now they have no positions of critical need with DL filled. 

So on Day 2, I would like to see more Brady weapons to balance the arms race (literally) and fire-power with Denver:

Round 2  - OG/C   

Round 3a -  TE  /  Round 3b - WR  (Mallet trade)

(rounds 4-7 = best available RB, QB, TE, LB, DL)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duh.  Highly unlikely any of those make it even close to the Pats pick...  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

OL.  I like G/T Yankey from Stanford and C Martin from USC for OL prospects as well as the others mentioned already. The  Pats got pushed around at the L.O.S against Denver last postseason. I'd like to avoid having to watch that again. Go Pats! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd applaud. Heck, I might even jump up and down a little:) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is what I want tonight...either Amaro, Sankey, Landry,Kyle Van Noy, Jerrimiah Attaochu, Telvin Smith, Trent Murphy, Tuitt, but what they'll probably do is take some offensive lineman I've never heard of. There was a little run on safeties in the first and my guy is guy (Buchanon), so I don't want to see them going there in the second because I feel there is now a gap between the talent that went, and the next wave of players at safety.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is what I want tonight...either Amaro, Sankey, Landry,Kyle Van Noy, Jerrimiah Attaochu, Telvin Smith, Trent Murphy, Tuitt, but what they'll probably do is take some offensive lineman I've never heard of. There was a little run on safeties in the first and my guy is guy (Buchanon), so I don't want to see them going there in the second because I feel there is now a gap between the talent that went, and the next wave of players at safety.  

[/QUOTE]

It is possible none of those guys will be available when we pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So pissed Amaro got picked by the Jets.  The dude is a stud, shame on the Pats for not going and getting this guy.  I dont care if they like C.J. better, Amaro is the better TE by far.  Not only did we miss out on him but he went to the jets, a division rival who I can't stand. 

Jets have had a very solid 2 picks so far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Louis Nix and Marcus Martin still on the board or a trade back?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with Nix, or the receiver Landry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

WOW! WOW! WOW!

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Wow, I cannot believe they picked a QB.. I have mixed feelings about it.. bye bye Mallet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I had McCarron as probable in the 3rd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with Nix, or the receiver Landry.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

wow

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Hahaha. Funny thing is nobody above-mentioned quarterback! And who do we get a quarterback!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like the pick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The book on the kid sounds pretty impressive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Kate Upton naked?