What Does It All Mean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: What Does It All Mean?

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Hate to say it, but as a fan, i'll take what the Giants have had recently (2 SB wins, with a couple playoff misses) over what the Patriots have had. Constantly making the playoffs is great and exciting for fans, but winning the SB is what ultimately matters...and the Pats haven't done it since 2004.

Aye, but the Patriots are in the hunt most every year. With a couple of fortuitous bounces, they would have won 2, 3 or more super bowls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]Hate to say it, but as a fan, i'll take what the Giants have had recently (2 SB wins, with a couple playoff misses) over what the Patriots have had. Constantly making the playoffs is great and exciting for fans, but winning the SB is what ultimately matters...and the Pats haven't done it since 2004.

Aye, but the Patriots are in the hunt most every year. With a couple of fortuitous bounces, they would have won 2, 3 or more super bowls.

[/QUOTE]

and without mo wilkerson, the tuck rule, an oc masking as a hc and jon kasey forgetting how to kick off u may not have won any

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and without mo wilkerson, the tuck rule, an oc masking as a hc and jon kasey forgetting how to kick off u may not have won any

Lol! The Giants have been quite fortunate in most of theirs as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]and without mo wilkerson, the tuck rule, an oc masking as a hc and jon kasey forgetting how to kick off u may not have won any

Lol! The Giants have been quite fortunate in most of theirs as well.

[/QUOTE]

well we agree u gotta be good and fortunate and both our teams were 

Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

It means that the Pats draft well though they have their share of misses. Better than many. Not league leading. But very competative drafting.

It means they do their homework in evaluating undrafted players. Better than almost everyon else.

Does anyone have statistical team comparisons to validate these claims??

With all due respect to Babe (claims that the following link has been debunked but has yet to provide any authoritative source to debunk it) this would seem to indicate that the Pats draft pretty well overall:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/decade-the-making-the-ultimate-nfl-draft-grades/2419/

I'll simply leave it there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Hate to say it, but as a fan, i'll take what the Giants have had recently (2 SB wins, with a couple playoff misses) over what the Patriots have had. Constantly making the playoffs is great and exciting for fans, but winning the SB is what ultimately matters...and the Pats haven't done it since 2004.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You had the audacity to write that as a Giant fan.?! Really?

So your team wins a SB because of a miracle catch (on the same play offensive holding could have been called on 2 O-linemen) and  another due to a dropped ball by a guy who had over 100 catches and you come here spewing that nonsense. Pot meet kettle.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brady.^^

I wish we had a QB that wouldn't be lazy or make bad decisions in the SB. Sucks, but that and some odd helmet catch is why Coughlin is still employed.

Hate to say it and keep saying it, but Brady has cost us 2 SBs because he wanted to throw a lot.

Wow, this has to be the dumbest post ever!

[/QUOTE]

If not pretty damn close.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So your team wins a SB because of a miracle catch (on the same play offensive holding could have been called on 2 O-linemen) and  another due to a dropped ball by a guy who had over 100 catches and you come here spewing that nonsense. Pot meet kettle.

[/QUOTE]

Well the only luck the gints can hope for is more then 6 wins. It could be over by thanksgiving except that whole division could go 7-9.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don't forget Scott Norwood's missed field goal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHZFwDCNyA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Hate to say it, but as a fan, i'll take what the Giants have had recently (2 SB wins, with a couple playoff misses) over what the Patriots have had. Constantly making the playoffs is great and exciting for fans, but winning the SB is what ultimately matters...and the Pats haven't done it since 2004.

I am nothing if not audacious....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amongst many other things i'll refrain from listing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Both Tomlin and Coughlin are overrated coaches who missed the postseason last year and will miss it again this year.

Each has been a media darling in recent years as well, where the media ignores how overrated they are.

Since Belichick last won a Superbowl, Tomlin has won one and Coughlin has won two.  In fact, Coughlin won two against Belichick.

So, if a is greater than b and b is greater than c then a is greater than c, right?

If Coughlin is an overrated coach and Coughlin can beat Belichick in the Superbowl twice, what does that say about Belichick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brady.^^

I wish we had a QB that wouldn't be lazy or make bad decisions in the SB. Sucks, but that and some odd helmet catch is why Coughlin is still employed.

Hate to say it and keep saying it, but Brady has cost us 2 SBs because he wanted to throw a lot.

I wish the Pats had a coach that could call plays on offense.

I wish the Pats had a coach that could control his players.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

It means that the Pats draft well though they have their share of misses. Better than many. Not league leading. But very competative drafting.

It means they manage the cap space in a league leading way that allows them the ability to fill out the rest of the roster with FA and trades , etc. 

It means they do their homework in evaluating undrafted players. Better than almost everyon else.

The RESULT is that they should win their division, win 11-13 games and have one of the top 3 teams in the AFC and top 5 teams in the league. It means this team which will be either the best O or top 3 O has as good a shot at making and winning the SB as any other elite team.

It means that health may determine how far they go. It means that someone new will have to catch a pass with thei helmet to beat them or someone new will have to drop a game winning catch for them to lose. It means other teams should fear them more than most other teams.

btw this is true of my team too which u referred to in another thread

in addition to a ridiculous schedule they had in 11 and 12 the Gints have been snakebit by injuries icludng this past preseason-key spots/projected starters

the main reason their D was ranked so low in the 11 season but played so well during the stretch and the SB run: health and the return of injured players-and unfortunately it seems their D takes the most hits and this is still their bread and butter

2011 2nd rd pick Marvin Austion cut by the Giants. Jerry Reese been struggling of late, huh?

Any undrafted good players he and Coughlin have cultivated besides Cruz?

Is Cruz's foot ok?  Looks like they cut draft bust Ramsees Barden, too, huh?

How is Pugh's concussion? Andre Brown bake in 6 weeks to his old self, huh?

Hmm.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Does "zzzzz" mean you have no response and are exposed a bit? Giants will not make the playoffs two years in a row. Overrated Coughlin on hotseat with Tomlin.

for the life of me I can't understand why you keep bringing up Mike Tomlin-wth he has to do with Tom Coughlin and the Giants or this current thread only ur twisted mind can figure out

Both Tomlin and Coughlin are overrated coaches who missed the postseason last year and will miss it again this year.

Each has been a media darling in recent years as well, where the media ignores how overrated they are.

oh well with such brilliance as this what more can one say?

This coming from a BC fan...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brady.^^

I wish the Pats had a coach that could call plays on offense.

I wish the Pats had a coach that could control his players.

[/QUOTE]

And I wish you'd go back to the BRUNES board...STAT!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Cassell in 2008 11-5.

Wilhite at Safety, weak CBs, old and slow D, weak TEs and RBs.

You people are morons.  

I almost wish Brady would retire at this point just to shut you morons up.  THis isn't some personal quest to get Brady a 4th ring so you idiot can prance around your cubicle and tell everyone he is the greatest ever.

If Tom Brady craps himself again in January with the 2 INT game he's been cooking up for our losses, you morons will not want me posting here after it happens, I can guarantee you that.

Mr Griswold - 

I have been a loyal reader of this forum and have recently decided to contribute an occasional comment, opinion or question. Frankly, whether TB leads the Pats to SB victories in each of his remaining seasons or never dons another ring, I would prefer that you (and a handful of other posters who seem to enjoy "dissing" one another more than "discussing" football ) never post here again. 

In less than a week we will all begin to see what BB & Co can do with this group of assembled players. I, for one, cannot wait and am eager to trade observations with other football fans via this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Tom Brady craps himself again in January with the 2 INT game he's been cooking up for our losses, you morons will not want me posting here after it happens, I can guarantee you that.

How long is the list of people that want you posting here before it happens?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Amongst many other things i'll refrain from listing.

well - start with handsome, charming and witty as all get out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

Brady.^^

DUMBEST post  ever. Brady basher.

Rivals the post previous to yours  for dumbest ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

Brady.^^

DUMBEST post  ever. Brady basher.

Rivals the post previous to yours  for dumbest ever.

flattery will get you nowhere!

that's no reason to stop trying however