What Does Tebow Have To Do To Make The Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

What Does Tebow Have To Do To Make The Team?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/08/21/tim-tebow-tom-brady-roster-cut/2682391/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: What Does Tebow Have To Do To Make The Team?

Morph into Kevin Turner, he does that and I'm all for him making the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Only way he makes this team is if he runs Brady & Mallett over in the parking lot. If he drives like he throws a football...they're safe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Have 12 straight completions!!

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Only way he makes this team is if he runs Brady & Mallett over in the parking lot. If he drives like he throws a football...they're safe.

lol...:) that'd be desparate....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

convert to FB, somehow learn how to block, and out run Blount and Bolden

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Just stay healthy.  The secret plan for tebow will not be revealed until the regular season.  Its a long term plan having to do with malletts situation in part.  One obvious thing is mallett isn't very tough or durable from what he's shown.

That alone gets tebow on the roster. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

he can already run pretty well (for a QB).  If he could manage some degree of consistency w/ short passes....it would be interesting. He certainly runs better than Mallett and Brady. Sometimes it takes 4-5 guys to bring Tebow down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

he can already run pretty well (for a QB).  If he could manage some degree of consistency w/ short passes....it would be interesting. He certainly runs better than Mallett and Brady. Sometimes it takes 4-5 guys to bring Tebow down.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say he runs any better than even our #4 RB right now. He runs well but that's against 3rd string D's with 10 blockers infront of him. It's one of those things, he's good (not great) at one thing and that one thing isn't even one of the more important thngs in the NFL for a QB. Can he keep a play alive, sure can, but that usually results in <5yrds per play and a high number of sacks as he scrambles. Even the worst QB in the league averages more yrds per play just passing. The thing about running QBs is it doesn't matter if they are great runners if they can't throw it doesn't matter because this is a passing league and the average QB will average more yrds per play than the best running QB and then you toss in good RBs and it makes a running QB even less important.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say he runs any better than even our #4 RB right now. He runs well but that's against 3rd string D's with 10 blockers infront of him. It's one of those things, he's good (not great) at one thing and that one thing isn't even one of the more important thngs in the NFL for a QB. Can he keep a play alive, sure can, but that usually results in <5yrds per play and a high number of sacks as he scrambles. Even the worst QB in the league averages more yrds per play just passing. The thing about running QBs is it doesn't matter if they are great runners if they can't throw it doesn't matter because this is a passing league and the average QB will average more yrds per play than the best running QB and then you toss in good RBs and it makes a running QB even less important.

[/QUOTE]

agreed.  I still don't understand why the Patriots are looking at him. IMO, BB would be doing Tebow a favor by cutting him - and have Tebow play outside of NFL on a full time basis and work on his throwing mechanics.  He's still marketable.  After a year, he could try to make a comeback into NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

agreed.  I still don't understand why the Patriots are looking at him. IMO, BB would be doing Tebow a favor by cutting him - and have Tebow play outside of NFL on a full time basis and work on his throwing mechanics.  He's still marketable.  After a year, he could try to make a comeback into NFL.

That woul be what's best for him. The guy has millions of dollars. If he hired a full time QB coach and spent an entire year just working on throwing mechanics and decision making he could get another shot. But, at this point not sure where he fits on any NFL team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745264-scouts-honor-patriots-tim-tebow-not-fit-for-nflor-cflor-arena-league?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=new-england-patriots

Nfl scouts say he has regressed so badly that they can't even recognize him from his college years.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

That woul be what's best for him. The guy has millions of dollars. If he hired a full time QB coach and spent an entire year just working on throwing mechanics and decision making he could get another shot. But, at this point not sure where he fits on any NFL team

me neither.  Unless something really bad happens to Brady - and Mallett becomes the starting QB - mebbe then Tebow would okay for a backup QB (even then, I would be cringing).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Get on his knees..........and pray.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I don't think he's going to make the team as the automatic take a knee guy at the end of the game. He might think the ground is a receiver and try to run it instead

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

haha..do ya think Baby Haysus will answer his prayer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is the real deal. BB knew going in that TT has been a victim of two of the most clueless and anal tools in the game; Elway and Rexy. He knows it's going to take a little time to undo the damage those two fools have done.

But the plan is to nurture and groom Tebow to be Brady's replacement in 3 years or so, with McDaniels taking over for BB at that juncture as well. Mallet will never be a quality NFL starter. He is simply a Ghostkowski that throws instead of kicks; big arm no heart or brain or guts.  

But Tebow is a proven winner, great character guy, dedicated worker and has a good arm. He is the future and all will shake their head in amazement at the genius of BB in seeing he was a huge talent, ignoring the negative hype and reclaiming a great player from the scrapheap of football ignorance.

Or maybe not.

LMAO

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This is the real deal. BB knew going in that TT has been a victim of two of the most clueless and anal tools in the game; Elway and Rexy. He knows it's going to take a little time to undo the damage those two fools have done.

But the plan is to nurture and groom Tebow to be Brady's replacement in 3 years or so, with McDaniels taking over for BB at that juncture as well. Mallet will never be a quality NFL starter. He is simply a Ghostkowski that throws instead of kicks; big arm no heart or brain or guts.  

But Tebow is a proven winner, great character guy, dedicated worker and has a good arm. He is the future and all will shake their head in amazement at the genius of BB in seeing he was a huge talent, ignoring the negative hype and reclaiming a great player from the scrapheap of football ignorance.

Or maybe not.

LMAO

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

I think you're onto something. After all it was all Brady's fault that the Patriots lost in their last two superbowl appearances. We need to get rid of Brady.  What better way to do it with someone who is blessed by Baby Haysus?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

He's on the final 53 if he stays alive between now and final cuts. Period. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

yep, I think we all figured that out......deserved or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The way the offensive line played Thursday night Tebow will be the number 2 behind Mallet for week 1.

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. Every time I call it a business, you call it a game."—O.W. Shaddock

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Why? I still haven't heard a single solid argument why he makes the team. The closes reason I've heard is McDaniels and BB's vaniety. That they could turn him into an actual player when no one else could. Considering what we've seen so far I don't think even BB can convince himself that Tebow is an actual QB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Why? I still haven't heard a single solid argument why he makes the team. The closes reason I've heard is McDaniels and BB's vaniety. That they could turn him into an actual player when no one else could. Considering what we've seen so far I don't think even BB can convince himself that Tebow is an actual QB

[/QUOTE]

Because BB is God and it was all Brady's fault that we lost the last 2 SB appearances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He need to threaten to send the pics of Kraft with that sheep to the globe. Thats the only way I see him making the team.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Sections
Shortcuts