What exactly is Kraft alluding to? Resigning Brady Dual Decision?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

What exactly is Kraft alluding to? Resigning Brady Dual Decision?

Sounds to me like if Brady doesnt show enough flexibility with his contract he could be gone! How sad is the meer thought of Patriots minus Brady? If im right NE will look to move him before he could leave without any compensation..

Didnt like the sound of "dual decision"!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: What exactly is Kraft alluding to? Resigning Brady Dual Decision?

Sorry Kansaspatriot..

Didnt see your post...i apologize for posting similiar thoughts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Put yourself in Brady's shoes. He's not stupid. He's seen the bust after bust picked in the draft by BB for years. He knows the window is closing as well as we do. After this contract is up he just might want to go somewhere that has built a team with a good rather than a mickey mouse defense and an above average running game. (not to mention a fan base with some appreciation that actually knows how to yell)

I hope he retires a Patriot, but I fear unless BB makes much better decisions in the next 2 years Brady might well go win a SB for somebody else and we will be in full rebuild mode.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Sounds to me like if Brady doesnt show enough flexibility with his contract he could be gone! How sad is the meer thought of Patriots minus Brady? If im right NE will look to move him before he could leave without any compensation..

Sounds like Kraft may be somewhat restless and holding a bit of a grudge?  Brady's window is almost closed.  The arm and legs are getting older and unless the Pats makes some solid moves to get better on defense for starters, the clock will strike twleve for Brady in NE. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded and I wouldn't be surprised if Brady retired a Pat.  Maybe Kraft was just trying to respect BB?  It will take BB and Kraft agreeing on a trade for Brady if it is to get done.  But think about it, Brady and the Pats could have at least three more rings/trophies at this point:  AFCCG against Colts (we blew it and would have beaten the Bears in the SB; a miracle catch from Tyree (how does Harrison knock the ball away from him????; blow a 17-9 lead in last year's SB - how do we not stop Manning's impossible throw to Manningham, Welker's drop).

Brady quite possibly is the best QB of all time, the luckiest or the unluckiest....what a paradox, really.       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sorry Kansaspatriot..

Didnt see your post...i apologize for posting similiar thoughts

no biggie, it's all good. Your thread has a diferent title.

And yes, what is Kraft's subliminal message?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Put yourself in Brady's shoes. He's not stupid. He's seen the bust after bust picked in the draft by BB for years. He knows the window is closing as well as we do. After this contract is up he just might want to go somewhere that has built a team with a good rather than a mickey mouse defense and an above average running game. (not to mention a fan base with some appreciation that actually knows how to yell)

I hope he retires a Patriot, but I fear unless BB makes much better decisions in the next 2 years Brady might well go win a SB for somebody else and we will be in full rebuild mode.

So who has consistently drafted and still has a need at QB?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

No one. It's just not that easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The GOAT is in his reach...but it will depend on his supporting cast last few years of his career.

I am sure he knows this.

Why wouldn't  Brady renegotiate? He needs a better oline than most QB's and I sure wants that outside threat and better D to get him one more SB.

He has plenty of $$, not one of those players that has no life after football, will not have to stretch his football pay over the rest of his years.

What am I missing? Brady is absolutly nuts not to take less pay to get some more key players around him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ultpatfan's comment:

Sounds like Kraft may be somewhat restless and holding a bit of a grudge?  Brady's window is almost closed.  The arm and legs are getting older and unless the Pats makes some solid moves to get better on defense for starters, the clock will strike twleve for Brady in NE. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded and I wouldn't be surprised if Brady retired a Pat.  Maybe Kraft was just trying to respect BB?  It will take BB and Kraft agreeing on a trade for Brady if it is to get done.  But think about it, Brady and the Pats could have at least three more rings/trophies at this point:  AFCCG against Colts (we blew it and would have beaten the Bears in the SB; a miracle catch from Tyree (how does Harrison knock the ball away from him????; blow a 17-9 lead in last year's SB - how do we not stop Manning's impossible throw to Manningham, Welker's drop).

Brady quite possibly is the best QB of all time, the luckiest or the unluckiest....what a paradox, really.       

Oh yeah. Kraft is just champing at the bit to get rid of his HOF QB. Because his other options are so awesome.

I would say it is rather Brady who would be looking to abandon a sinking ship. There really isn't that much to get excited about on this team other than him. Poor defense. Blah running. Injured, pass dropping, can't get open receivers.

Even at 37 he will command massive $$$ for some loaded team that just needs a bigtime QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Kraft is being consistent with what he says about all of his good players. If they can still produce and don't want boat loads of cash then they have a good chance to remain a Patriot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Though Brady probaly will be around the next couple of years on his current deal... who knows who will need what in 2 years.

Right this minute? The Cards, the Dolphins, the Bengals, the Jets, the Bears if they were smart... all these teams have a significantly better defense than BB has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Though Brady probaly will be around the next couple of years on his current deal... who knows who will need what in 2 years.

Right this minute? The Cards, the Dolphins, the Bengals, the Jets, the Bears if they were smart... all these teams have a significantly better defense than BB has.

And all of them have significantly less than the Pats on Offense - Brady would get killed behind that Chicago o-line and maimed behind the Cards or Jets o-line. And as for the offensive skilled positions - I take the Pats over any of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

How long do you believe Brady will play?  I don't see him playing in 3 years he's too smart to go out like that and he certainly doesn't need the money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

And all of them have significantly less than the Pats on Offense - Brady would get killed behind that Chicago o-line and maimed behind the Cards or Jets o-line. And as for the offensive skilled positions - I take the Pats over any of them.

Have you considered some of those "offensive skill positions" might not look so hot without the HOFer throwing to them? And the run game is nothing special whatsoever.

Have you considered the teams you frown on for "offensive skill positions" might look one hell of a lot better with Brady throwing to them? And most of those teams have a comparable run game to ours that can only benefit greatly from the improved passing game a Brady would bring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Perhaps trading Brady may not be a bad thing - especially if we can get couple of top 10 picks..

Think about it - looks at Flacco and Rothlisberger. Are they better than Brady? They each have 2 SB rings each since our last lombardi. 

If we can save Brady's $, have a decent QB (not an exceptional one) and re-invest the $ on free agents, perhaps we can rebuild our team again in the next year or 2...?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

every team has bust draft picks. if the patriots were so bad at drafting they would be a last place team, brady or no brady.  troy aikman, peyton manning and many other good quarterbacks have played on losing teams. it wasnt because they were no good it was that the team around them wasnt. easy schedule or not, the patriots went 11-5 the year brady didn't play. they probably would have won a couple more games had he played but he isn't the whole team, not by a long shot. belichick has also signed undrafted free agent s and aquirred late round draft picks that have turned out very well. 

i think kraft is saying that if brady is still effective at 38 for the right price he would sign him. if he is declining which it looks like he is, it would be stupid to sign him to a big contract. the nfl is about what can you do for me now, not what you've done in the past. these guys have to get over it because they get paid a lot of money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

Perhaps trading Brady may not be a bad thing - especially if we can get couple of top 10 picks..

Think about it - looks at Flacco and Rothlisberger. Are they better than Brady? They each have 2 SB rings each since our last lombardi. 

If we can save Brady's $, have a decent QB (not an exceptional one) and re-invest the $ on free agents, perhaps we can rebuild our team again in the next year or 2...?

I don't see any team giving up a top ten pick for brady at this point, not at 36 years old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Lots of negativity on where the Pats are as a team.

Babe:

1. TE - nobody has better TEs than the Pats and it isn't even close. Even with their injuries this year they outplayed ther other tight end combos.

2. Slot receiver - hard to argue with Wes being the ultimate slot receiver - probably the best ever.

3. RB - I take our RBs over any of the 5 teams you listed.

4. WR - OK, maybe not that great, but I take Lloyd over whatever Miami and the Jets have.

And overall - I take the receiving core TEs, WRs, and RBs over anyone of those teams this past year. Would it be great to have a Fitzgerald, absolutely. But for the Pats to do that you have to drop the quality elsewhere to afford him. He counts more against the cap than both TEs, Lloyd, and all our RBs combined. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Have you considered some of those "offensive skill positions" might not look so hot without the HOFer throwing to them? And the run game is nothing special whatsoever.

Have you considered the teams you frown on for "offensive skill positions" might look one hell of a lot better with Brady throwing to them? And most of those teams have a comparable run game to ours that can only benefit greatly from the improved passing game a Brady would bring.

what about chad johnson? he had better numbers with other quarterbacks than he did brady. i'm not knocking brady i'm just saying he's not the whole team, far from it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Dual Decision means that Kraft and Brady will decide together when it is over. 

It's respect - mutual respect.

No worries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

what about chad johnson? he had better numbers with other quarterbacks than he did brady. i'm not knocking brady i'm just saying he's not the whole team, far from it. 

That guy that was cut by Miami and is now out of the league?  Sheesh

22. This post has been removed.