What happend to Hernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

What happend to Hernandez

I only saw the end of game but did not see him out there..what happened?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: What happend to Hernandez

The Gronk Happened!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Game plan called for the heavy package.....and it worked OK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

i dont think he was really part of their gameplan to begin with since pounding the ball to make those play action plays happen with strong TE's like Gronk and Crumpler was the gameplan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They wanted two big, blocking TEs in this game (Crumpler and Gronk), so Hernandez wasn't on the field a lot. Gave Gronk a chance to show off his receiving skills.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I think here is where the advantage of Gronk starts to come in.  They put in 2 receivers, Gronk and Crumpler, and you cant tell if it is run or pass.  They Gronk blocks a guy and slips out, and everyone gets sucked into run, and he is open.  Magic.  I think they should put Hernandez in at receiver sometimes in this option.
    Tate continues to make me say   meh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Gronk and Crump are like having 2 additional OL on the field and this is the game I've been waiiting for all season. Gronk is a beast at 6'6" 265 and it's a shame they don't have a burner WR w/hands, not sold on Tate. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

BB was looking more for blocking the Steeler's rush and Hernandez is the #3 TE in line in that scheme. Gronk did a great job of coming off of blocks and getting open so Hernandez got most of the night off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nothing happened.  The gameplan was a physical two TE stack. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: What happend to Hernandez:
    [QUOTE]They wanted two big, blocking TEs in this game (Crumpler and Gronk), so Hernandez wasn't on the field a lot. Gave Gronk a chance to show off his receiving skills.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Also,  I believe at one point in 2nd or 3rd qtr he a drop on one of those passes when the receiver stands at the line of scrimmage before running.  Never heard his name after that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Hernandez just didn't fit their game plan this week, but as was mentioned earlier I would have liked to see him line up as the Slot WR a few plays. Don't know if it would work but I'd like to see what it would look like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Also BB didnt seem to happy about AH's dropped screen/almost fumble...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Saving him for next week against the Colts!!  :-)  They aren't going to know what to game plan against!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to What happend to Hernandez:
    [QUOTE]I only saw the end of game but did not see him out there..what happened?
    Posted by carbonflow[/QUOTE]

I think he was Gronked.  He's had some drop issues as well.  Maybe Gronk matched up better against the Steelers.  Ask Bill.....

Sections
Shortcuts