what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 102733. Show 102733's posts

what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick

He was supposed to be our pass rusher.  will he ever play?
    Marvin 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick

He injured his ankle a couple days before the 1st game with the Saints.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

he'll be back soon don't worry either next game or the 4th game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

no rush, need him healthy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Undisclosed injury to an undisclosed part.  Will be out for an undisclosed amount of time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

It's funny how these "undisclosed" injuries suddenly end up in IR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Went from high ankle sprain to MIA and will end up with him on IR. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick:
    [QUOTE]Went from high ankle sprain to MIA and will end up with him on IR. 
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Really? That's a bummer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

he better not end up on the IR - we need as many Pass Rushers as we can get! We really don't have too many of them now....very thin at this position.  EIther way though, the Pats better 'play call' A whole lot more aggressive than they have in the past.  Go get the QB!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up on IR, when players suddenly disappear with no explanation as to their injury, it's a solid bet that things aren't looking good.  Hopefully the staff is playing it safe, but with so little talent at OLB you'd think they'd try to get the rook as much playing time as possible before the real bullets start flying..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cunningham was voted by me as the least likely to contribute from our current draft class.  Outside linebacker is difficult to transition for a college player and the best ones are usually the vets.  This guy is a project, much like Crable, Woods etc...  not likely to make it but with enough upside to try.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

He's taking the Crable route, he'll never see the FIELD EVER!!!! So stop taking about him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Why do I get the feeling that its Shawn Crable all over again...I hope to God I'm wrong!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Why do I get the feeling that its Shawn Crable all over again...I hope to God I'm wrong!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Nice avatar...i now expect my son to keep asking me to find you whenever he sees me on this board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick:
    [QUOTE]He was supposed to be our pass rusher.  will he ever play? Marvin 
    Posted by 102733[/QUOTE]The same reason that Bodden is out. they don't need to take any chances until he is completely healthy. This kid is not going to change the Game for the Pats on Defense. He will play only situational at best. Too much for him to learn at this new position. BB will be getting tremendous production from this and last years draft Class anyways.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

supposedly it's not that bad and he should be back soon, thats according to one of the inside reporters today on 98.5...we will see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow, and I thought I was depressed before reading these comments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : Nice avatar...i now expect my son to keep asking me to find you whenever he sees me on this board.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : The same reason that Bodden is out. they don't need to take any chances until he is completely healthy. This kid is not going to change the Game for the Pats on Defense. He will play only situational at best. Too much for him to learn at this new position. BB will be getting tremendous production from this and last years draft Class anyways.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think! I hope to God you are right though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I'm not buying that he doesn't have a chance to make an impact this year...  People talk about OLB as being one of the more challenging positions to pick up, but I'm fairly sure BB gave that title to the TE position!  We have two rookie TEs doing fairly well so far, why couldn't we expect something similar from Cunningham?  Over the last few years, rookies hardly made an impact on this team, but it would be against the grain of this years draft class for Cunningham to not get decent playing time.  Of course that would pretty much make it a perfect draft (as far as contributors goes) which is unlikely...  Overall  I'm definitely not counting him out yet, lets wait to see him take the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not buying that he doesn't have a chance to make an impact this year...  People talk about OLB as being one of the more challenging positions to pick up, but I'm fairly sure BB gave that title to the TE position!  We have two rookie TEs doing fairly well so far, why couldn't we expect something similar from Cunningham?  Over the last few years, rookies hardly made an impact on this team, but it would be against the grain of this years draft class for Cunningham to not get decent playing time.  Of course that would pretty much make it a perfect draft (as far as contributors goes) which is unlikely...  Overall  I'm definitely not counting him out yet, lets wait to see him take the field.
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% Payment.  People try to make it seem so freakin difficult.  All's an outside pass rusher has to do is get around or through 1 guy.  We will see if he has the talent and ability to do so on a consistent basis......if he isn't placed on season ending IR.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : I agree 100% Payment.  People try to make it seem so freakin difficult.  All's an outside pass rusher has to do is get around or through 1 guy.  We will see if he has the talent and ability to do so on a consistent basis......if he isn't placed on season ending IR.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    I certinly hope this kid is more than just a pass rusher.  An outside linebacker in this system has to play the run, pass and sack the QB.  Derrick Burgess is a pass rusher we need a versitile OLB who can do all of those things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : I agree 100% Payment.  People try to make it seem so freakin difficult.  All's an outside pass rusher has to do is get around or through 1 guy.  We will see if he has the talent and ability to do so on a consistent basis......if he isn't placed on season ending IR.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

You know that isn't true. He isn't rushing the passer every down. Other teams aren't even passing every down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : You know that isn't true. He isn't rushing the passer every down. Other teams aren't even passing every down.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Right on, OLB is very very difficult to play well in the Parcells 34, it takes way more than pure rushing ability to make an impact and not get killed in the running game.  There's a reason why the Pats passed on the bevy of rushers in this draft.. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to germaine cunnigham our 2nd round pick : You know that isn't true. He isn't rushing the passer every down. Other teams aren't even passing every down.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You do realize I was boiling down the pass rush situation only?  I didn't say all's an OLB has to do is......
    I apologize if I wasn't clean and upset anyone.

I agree 100% Payment.  People try to make it seem so freakin difficult.  All's an outside pass rusher has to do is get around or through 1 guy.  We will see if he has the talent and ability to do so on a consistent basis......if he isn't placed on season ending IR.