What happened to our Screen Passes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

What happened to our Screen Passes?

I feel like Baltimore will come with pressure from Blitzes early on, to get Brady on the ground. I have not seen our screen passes used that much lately. Pressure on Brady early and often in 2009 is what got the Pats killed . Matt LIght needs a huge game against Suggs, if he needs help lets screen a few times his way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: What happened to our Screen Passes?

In Response to What happened to our Screen Passes?:
    [QUOTE]I feel like Baltimore will come with pressure from Blitzes early on, to get Brady on the ground. I have not seen our screen passes used that much lately. Pressure on Brady early and often in 2009 is what got the Pats killed . Matt LIght needs a huge game against Suggs, if he needs help lets screen a few times his way.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]
    Been saving them for the right time, like the Hernandez as a running back manifestation of last week. Josh McD always used the screens effectively, wouldn't surprise me to see a couple to Gronk this week. Let him chip Suggs and then slip out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I believe there will be more surprises to come on BOTH sides of the ball from the Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Looks like we have a new contender for favorite avatar too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to What happened to our Screen Passes?:
    [QUOTE]I feel like Baltimore will come with pressure from Blitzes early on, to get Brady on the ground. I have not seen our screen passes used that much lately. Pressure on Brady early and often in 2009 is what got the Pats killed . Matt LIght needs a huge game against Suggs, if he needs help lets screen a few times his way.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]
    Screens rely on deception and so they don't always work.  For the Patriots, a bunch of other short passes almost always work.  If Baltimore can cover all five receivers well, can bring the pressure and can still protect against runs around the end and off tackle behind the tight ends, only then will the screen pass come out of hiding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really have the feeling that we are going to witness greatness in Patriots game planning for this game.  There are so many things going in the Patriots favor right now that it's almost not even fair to the Ravens.  Patriots are going to pick the Raven D apart and are going to totally shut down the Raven's run on D.  They are going to make Joe "Dirt" Flacco beat them and his head is such a mess right now that he won't even have a chance.

I must have got some good sleep last night as today my mind is so clear that I just can not see anything but great things for the Patriots this Sunday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to our Screen Passes?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What happened to our Screen Passes? : Screens rely on deception and so they don't always work.  For the Patriots, a bunch of other short passes almost always work.  If Baltimore can cover all five receivers well, can bring the pressure and can still protect against runs around the end and off tackle behind the tight ends, only then will the screen pass come out of hiding.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    I agree Paul, but Baltimore can't feel like it can go Zone against all of our weapons. So when they choose man, Brady will get the Matchups he wants all day long. Only thing Baltimore can do is bring Pressure. That's why I hope to see more screen passes Sunday. If Baltimore gets no pressure with the front four, they will need to blitz, and that is when Screen Passes can turn into great plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like we have a new contender for favorite avatar too...
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]Gotta love those SunDevil girls

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

09 game, most of the pressure came agains a 4 man pass rush.

Thats where the game will be won or lost. If we can block the 4 man rush and force them to send more, Brady will eat up the blitz.

If we have trouble blocking the 4 man pass rush, Brady will have to keep an extra blocker while baltimore can drop back 7

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Probably don't need them as much when you have a double TE threat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I really have the feeling that we are going to witness greatness in Patriots game planning for this game.  There are so many things going in the Patriots favor right now that it's almost not even fair to the Ravens.  Patriots are going to pick the Raven D apart and are going to totally shut down the Raven's run on D.  They are going to make Joe "Dirt" Flacco beat them and his head is such a mess right now that he won't even have a chance. I must have got some good sleep last night as today my mind is so clear that I just can not see anything but great things for the Patriots this Sunday.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so.

BTW...Love the avatar. Can you please photoshop the string out?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Folks aren't handling the TE set the Pats have going.  It's tying up the middle putting the WRs man to man.  I really don't know where the blitz would come from and I think it would be a mistake to do so against this Pat offense.  They have Ngata in there who's a one man wreching crew.  Just use the front 4 until you need to do something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

dunno if we will have increase in screen passes or not. Depends on how aggressive the Ravens are w/ their pass rushers.

More likely than not, they will stay with their bread and butter, go spread - and Brady will have a quicker release than normal.

That being said, IF the Ravens are successful with getting to Brady - they had better have a running game that can gain some yards to move the chains.

I can see Woody and Ridley being a big factor in this part - and Ridley better protect the ball because the Ravens will look to strip it from anyone who has the ball. If the Patriots go 3-and-out a whole bunch of times.....we will be playing into the Ravens hands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I don't think the screen pass is set up well when in the shotgun and they set up that way a lot.

We might see Polite get some time because at 245 he can be a blitz stopper.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]09 game, most of the pressure came agains a 4 man pass rush. Thats where the game will be won or lost. If we can block the 4 man rush and force them to send more, Brady will eat up the blitz. If we have trouble blocking the 4 man pass rush, Brady will have to keep an extra blocker while baltimore can drop back 7
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]
    If we have trouble with the front 4, at least they should be able to Chip with Hernandez or BJGE in the backfield. O-Line needs to have a solid game Suggs and Haloti are difficult one on one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What happened to our Screen Passes? : Been saving them for the right time, like the Hernandez as a running back manifestation of last week. Josh McD always used the screens effectively, wouldn't surprise me to see a couple to Gronk this week. Let him chip Suggs and then slip out...
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

i agree. i believe they widen the field on sunday.

Sections
Shortcuts