What happened to Rosevelt Colvin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

What happened to Rosevelt Colvin?

Can't believe that Rosevelt Colvin is out of football completely. I would have thought he would at least have a limited role on some team. He was never a monster with the PATS but he played decent and could fill in on some downs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: What happened to Rosevelt Colvin?

Never was much after the hip injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Another free agent linebacker that didn't live up to the hype.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

yeah, hip injury did hurt, but also too - the way the Pats utilize these guys means alot too!  Meaning, the Pats seem to have their LB's/OLB's play more in 'coverages' than rush the passer and get sacks!  Just how they do it down there.
    We are sorta seeing the same thing now with A. Thomas...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What are you talking about, Rosevelt Colvin was always making big plays for us.  Our D got noticeably worse after he went down in 2007.  Colvin was one of the best 3-4 OLBs out there - he could cover and rush the passer well.  I can't believe an ankle injury could permanently end his career.  Maybe we are secretly keeping him in reserve until December.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I agree with Mighty.  Colvin was a very good OLB for us before he went down the last time.  Then his performance fell off a cliff.  Goes to show you how quick it can all end for a player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Colvin works at UPS. Actually I think he runs a UPS. He had the Bo Jackson injury and was clearly not the same player after that although he was still good. Never lived up to the back to back 11 sack seasons he had for the bears before we got him but he played well. I think he had personal issues not just injury issues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I may have been thinking of his Chicago Bear days. He did make plays for us as well - no doubt.  I guess I was just hoping for similar play like in Chicago - but the injury hurt him.  Believe me, I am a huge Rosey fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I met Colvin this past spring over at The Purdue Spring Scrimmage! I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him, but I asked him, "how's semi-retirement going?". He said it was great. I think he's like a lot of veterans out there. He doesn't want to go through workouts and training camp, but if the Patriots, or another team, get thin at 'backer late in the season, he will listen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Wikipedia - Colvin and his wife Tiffany reside in the affluent Indianapolis suburb of Fishers, Indiana during the off-season. Colvin owns two UPS stores in the area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

In Response to What happened to Rosevelt Colvin?:
    [QUOTE]Can't believe that Rosevelt Colvin is out of football completely. I would have thought he would at least have a limited role on some team. He was never a monster with the PATS but he played decent and could fill in on some downs.
    Posted by Wreford1[/QUOTE]

I don't know what happened to Colvin.

Sections
Shortcuts