What happened to the Ghost?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

What happened to the Ghost?

He's missed field goals the last two games, and hasn't been consistently getting touchbacks. I seem to remember him, in previous seasons, getting touchbacks on around 1/2 of the kickoffs, but that hasn't been the case this year, even with the moved up kickoff line. Maybe BB is trying to do the thing which I think prolate mentioned at the beginning of the season, when you kick it higher and shorter, to pin the other team inside the 20? If that's the case, it's not really working... Is Gostkowski injured or something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: What happened to the Ghost?

I hope I am wrong but I get the sense that he may be choking. Kind of like missimg a 3 foot putt when you need to have it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i agree, he hasnt been the same since his injury. I expected close to 80% touchbacks from him this year, but hes having so many balls taken from inside the 5 yard line.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

What are you guys smoking???  The guy is coming of major knee surgery (which usually takes a full year until you feel the same) and has hit 13 of 16 FG.  That's 81.3% folks and only 1 miss less then 40 yards. 

With all the troubles this team has, this is the guy you want to single out???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He needs to get it together. We don't need to choke when the game is on the line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to the Ghost?:
    What are you guys smoking???  The guy is coming of major knee surgery (which usually takes a full year until you feel the same) and has hit 13 of 16 FG.  That's 81.3% folks and only 1 miss less then 40 yards.  With all the troubles this team has, this is the guy you want to single out???
    Posted by Patsman3

He tore a quad man, much different injury and way less rehab. He's a kicker in the NFL he has 2 jobs, Good field position on kickoffs and landing field goals from within the 55 yard line that is all 81% isn't good enough in the NFL 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to the Ghost? : He tore a quad man, much different injury and way less rehab. He's a kicker in the NFL he has 2 jobs, Good field position on kickoffs and landing field goals from within the 55 yard line that is all 81% isn't good enough in the NFL 
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Jesus he missed a 27 yard chip shot.  OMG the guy is human.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

on madden i cant hit a 45 yard field goal with this guy-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to the Ghost? : Jesus he missed a 27 yard chip shot.  OMG the guy is human.....
    Posted by Patsman3

Brady threw 2 bad passes of 49 and everyone's on his back. The kicker has to execute in the NFL becuase there are so many of them out there and there are 32 jobs. Missing isn't accepted in the NFL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to the Ghost? : Brady threw 2 bad passes of 49 and everyone's on his back. The kicker has to execute in the NFL becuase there are so many of them out there and there are 32 jobs. Missing isn't accepted in the NFL!
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Name me one out there available better then Ghost?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he's being told to kick that way?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Told to miss 20 yard field goals? That would result in a hefty fine from Mr Roger Goodell. Vegas has no place in this game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I lost confidences in the guy at around the same time as BB.  2007 Super Bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: What happened to the Ghost? : Name me one out there available better then Ghost?
    Posted by Patsman3

Shayne Graham was great for us last year, we didn't skip a beat. At least he can nail all the kicks from inside the 50 even if that's the full range of his leg!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

The first of his two field goals that he made on sunday was dead on and HUGE. would have been good from 60! I think he is still being effected by the injury, if not physically then mentally.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's the least of their problems.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

He's the least of their problems.
    Posted by stan17

True, but he certainly could be playing better. In Sunday's game, the three points we should have gotten could have been huge (although it ended up not mattering).

I'm hoping (not to wish harm upon anyone) that he is still recovering from the injury and will be better come playoff time, assuming we make it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he's being told to kick that way?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

That's what I was suggesting: maybe BB wants him to kick it like that, so there's more time for the coverage team to get down the field. It just seems like that hasn't been working so far - maybe it's time for a change in strategy (that is, if he still has the leg strength to kick it out of the endzone after the injury).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

True he has missed some easy field goals lately. It just becomes more glaring cause we need a lot of points to win games now. This is nothing new, it's the way the Pats def has been trending for 3 yrs. They've aged and lost all their playmakers on def and never replaced any of them. Law, Vrabel, Bruschi, Samuel, Harrison, McGinest, Seymour & Warren, thats alot of talent gone. Also lets not forget about all the coaches that have left.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

When he hurrys the arm movement, he misses. When his arm movement is slower and more focused he makes them.

Sections
Shortcuts