What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!!

Well, apparently last week he was shooting a magazine spread. In the playoffs! 

I just dont see how they hold him next year, we have thrown out other big names for lack of performance etc. I just think that BB doesnt want to ruin his career by dropping him al la randy moss and adalius thomas to name a few.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Re: What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!!

Sorry forgot link. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Reminds me of Shaq. That worked out well  (face meet palm)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't get it, why would Belichick care? Did he skip practice to go do the photoshoot? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

So, since he isn't acclimated to our offense yet (still can't understand why not), he can't go anywhere but home and the Pats facility?  Look, I'm as mad as anyone about how worthless he's been, I do believe he has as much right as anyone else to live his life outside of football.  Give the guy a break.  If you want to pile on about him not learning the offense, then go right ahead but......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas and Albert Haynesworth were let go because they were malcontents, not underperformers.  Ochocinco's been a model Patriot; by all accounts, he's worked as hard as anyone in practice.  It hasn't translated on the field this year, but BB clearly thinks he can still contribute.  He'll at least be on the team through training camp next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

When you pay a guy 6mil for the year it's his job to produce. It might sound unfair to expect the guy to be practicing 24/7 but until he produces no he shouldn't be modeling in his free time.

I don't make 6mil yet if I'm not producing at my job in the time they expect me to perform I work extra hours, and sometimes give up whole weekends until I finish the job. That's how it works. It's not like the MBTA were when the clock hits 8hrs you drop everything and leave, you get paid with certain expectations and if you can't live up to those expectations you should put in as much time and effort as possible until you either lose that job or meet the expectations. That doesn't mean you can't have a separate life but modeling goes above and beyond that, since in essence it's another job not an activity outside of work. How would your boss like it if you were on salary and you didn't meet goals yet at 5pm you say to your boss, sorry I didn't meet your goals for my salary but I need to go to my other job, I'll try again later. I'm pretty sure you'd be fired pretty quickly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

WhatTH's up with that Ocho pic anyway?!?  Look, I'll embody that metro-urban Male pretty far...tanning, looking good cologne, & what-have-you.  But until I saw that Ocho pic in that link, formerly I would NEVER recommend to any other male on planet earth, some sorta head to toe exfoliant & series of professionally administered scalp to toe, body & skin cream demanding full-bore daily appointments...  But MAN!  Is he sick or somethin'?!?  I hope that's part of the photo shoot & spread theme that the photographer was goin' for...  Cause good gahd, IF not- That looks like an impending emergency room scenario right there...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!!:
    [QUOTE]The worst six million dollar expenditure EVER.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Old news...  Currently the biggest concern from Ocho, on my plate at least, is hedging more towards whether or not he has leprosy or some weird undiagnosed & very contagious illness, OR whether he may in fact be someform of Alien Lizard Species who might feed off of someone like an NFL Kicker as a pregame snack... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]When you pay a guy 6mil for the year it's his job to produce. It might sound unfair to expect the guy to be practicing 24/7 but until he produces no he shouldn't be modeling in his free time. I don't make 6mil yet if I'm not producing at my job in the time they expect me to perform I work extra hours, and sometimes give up whole weekends until I finish the job. That's how it works. It's not like the MBTA were when the clock hits 8hrs you drop everything and leave, you get paid with certain expectations and if you can't live up to those expectations you should put in as much time and effort as possible until you either lose that job or meet the expectations. That doesn't mean you can't have a separate life but modeling goes above and beyond that, since in essence it's another job not an activity outside of work. How would your boss like it if you were on salary and you didn't meet goals yet at 5pm you say to your boss, sorry I didn't meet your goals for my salary but I need to go to my other job, I'll try again later. I'm pretty sure you'd be fired pretty quickly
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm going to ask you again, did he skip practice to go model or something? How do you know that it's just the fact that Brady isn't comfortable passing him the ball? If Brady is more comfortable passing the ball to people that he's know for years, why should Ocho's personal life take a backseat for that? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

You could also ask the same question about Branch. Our TEs are proving impossible to cover so they are getting the ball as often as possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!!:
    [QUOTE]Well, apparently last week he was shooting a magazine spread. In the playoffs!  I just dont see how they hold him next year, we have thrown out other big names for lack of performance etc. I just think that BB doesnt want to ruin his career by dropping him al la randy moss and adalius thomas to name a few.
    Posted by Peduncle72[/QUOTE]

Well, looking at that chick, I'd have to give him a mulligan, LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!! : I'm going to ask you again, did he skip practice to go model or something? How do you know that it's just the fact that Brady isn't comfortable passing him the ball? If Brady is more comfortable passing the ball to people that he's know for years, why should Ocho's personal life take a backseat for that? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if he made every practice. He's getting paid a lot of money to perform and if Brady doesn't trust him then he's not doing enough to earn his pay. He should be going over his play book, going to extra practices, watching extra film whatever is needed to justify his pay. That's what a professional does.

He isn't getting paid by the hour or by the practice he is a salary employee which means you work until the job is satisfactory to the employer. If he was getting paid by the hour or by the practice then fine but he isn't.

If he was going to a movie or shopping that's one thing but he's getting paid to model there for it's a second job. If you are being paid salary with your primary job and you aren't meeting your goals you shouldn't be working a second job. Any normal job and you'd be fired for not performing up to your pay if you do the bare minimum like showing up to every practice and not performing up to your salary base.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!! : It doesn't matter if he made every practice. He's getting paid a lot of money to perform and if Brady doesn't trust him then he's not doing enough to earn his pay. He should be going over his play book, going to extra practices, watching extra film whatever is needed to justify his pay. That's what a professional does. He isn't getting paid by the hour or by the practice he is a salary employee which means you work until the job is satisfactory to the employer. If he was getting paid by the hour or by the practice then fine but he isn't. If he was going to a movie or shopping that's one thing but he's getting paid to model there for it's a second job. If you are being paid salary with your primary job and you aren't meeting your goals you shouldn't be working a second job. Any normal job and you'd be fired for not performing up to your pay if you do the bare minimum like showing up to every practice and not performing up to your salary base.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

obviously his employer is satisfied otherwise he wouldnt be there. unless your employing him i dont understand why your so upset with him. 

first off, lets scratch the fact that ppl think he hasnt learned the offense. im sure he has learned it. you have to understand that in football there is a depth chart. if Mike Vick got traded to New England, is he gunna contribute? no. why? bc Tom Brady is in front of him. in Ocho's case, you have a guy thats led the league in receptions 2 or 3 out of the last 4 years. you also have a guy that Brady has so much chemistry with that they dont even have to look at each other and they know what the other is thinking. then there are two stud TE's, one that is the best in the league. Where, exactly, do you expect Ocho to make a huge impact?? in the depth chart, there is no place for him to make a huge impact.

if you wanna be mad at someone, be mad at the organization for giving him 6 million dollars, but noone really knew these TE's would make QUITE the impact that they have. at the end of the day there is only one ball, and a certain number of spots on the field. its not like he is playing alot and just not making catches..its hard to even get him on the field, like julian edelman, remember how good he was?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What has Chad been doing?? Modeling!?!! : obviously his employer is satisfied otherwise he wouldnt be there. unless your employing him i dont understand why your so upset with him.  first off, lets scratch the fact that ppl think he hasnt learned the offense. im sure he has learned it. you have to understand that in football there is a depth chart. if Mike Vick got traded to New England, is he gunna contribute? no. why? bc Tom Brady is in front of him. in Ocho's case, you have a guy thats led the league in receptions 2 or 3 out of the last 4 years. you also have a guy that Brady has so much chemistry with that they dont even have to look at each other and they know what the other is thinking. then there are two stud TE's, one that is the best in the league. Where, exactly, do you expect Ocho to make a huge impact?? in the depth chart, there is no place for him to make a huge impact. if you wanna be mad at someone, be mad at the organization for giving him 6 million dollars, but noone really knew these TE's would make QUITE the impact that they have. at the end of the day there is only one ball, and a certain number of spots on the field. its not like he is playing alot and just not making catches..its hard to even get him on the field, like julian edelman, remember how good he was?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Underwood and Edelman have had more snaps then Ocho the last 4 weeks or so. If he can't bet out Underwood for a position then something is wrong.

When he's on hte field for a single play then wehn he gets off the coaches and Brady are yelling at him then he's doing something wrong.

You can't compare Vick on the team under Brady to Ocho, why? Because you can only have 1 QB on the field at a time. With WR's though you can have up to 5. Even when they go 5 WR's I've seen Underwood, Edelman, Hern, Branch, and Welker on the field at one time meaning Ocho is the only WR not on the field at any given point so that was a very poor analogy.

BTW as a fan paying money to the team I expect the players to play up to their contract. If they don't I think fans have the right to be angry. If they aren't playing up to their contract and they are doing things like modeling off the field then fans have the right to be PO'd and express their displeasure.

If you want to see how a player earns their pay read this article about Nin. That's the player I want not one that can't do the extra to earn the right to be on the field and would rather model instead.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7483469/rob-ninkovich-new-role-patriots-playmaker

Sections
Shortcuts