What I came away with last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: What I came away with last night

In response to TFB12's comment:

Really?  You are expecting rookies to carry this team to the promise land?  Their first season in the pro's?  Going up against the best of the best week after week who have been in this league for more then one season.  Rookies who have never experienced a full NFL season before?  You do realize a full college season is so much different then a full NFL season?  I don't think you really understand the difference between rookies and players who have been in the league for a couple seasons. Oh, I think they will do good but we need to be realistic here.

No, I'm expecting our HOF QB to use the talent he has, and carry this team to the promise land. He' has had way less talent in the WR group than we dod this year and won superbowls.

I do think there will be plenty of hiccups while these rookies adjust and gel with Brady, that is a given. With the amount of rookies we have, we will undoubtedly put up a few stinkers this year and look like the worst team in the league....happen almost every year....even more so with all the rooks.

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible here. I don't expect to bloe everyone out each and every week. But from what I have seen in the pre-season games looks very promising. Sure there may be better veteran WR squads out there, but I'm very happy with the potential we have. This offense should get better as the year goes on, and we have one hell of a stable of RBs to back up these rookie WRs...all lead by TB. I'm not ready to sit back and say Brady has nothing around him until I see at least half a dozen games.

Some people on this board sound like they're ready to jump off the cliff over ONE GAME by another team......and to me....that is being UN"realistic".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Don't forget, it was BB who made the decision to retain Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe was healthy.

Brady was already better at that point. BB had a dismal 5 - 11 record the previous year with a team Carrol had not had a losing season with in the last 3 years.

It was a no-brainer to play the better Brady, since, you know, BB wanted to keep his job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Don't forget, it was BB who made the decision to retain Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe was healthy.

Brady was already better at that point. BB had a dismal 5 - 11 record the previous year with a team Carrol had not had a losing season with in the last 3 years.

It was a no-brainer to play the better Brady, since, you know, BB wanted to keep his job.

Revisionist history, Babe.  Compare the rosters from BB's first year and PC's last.  Big makeover.  As a matter of fact, BB didn't fill his 53 man roster because, in his opinion, the players he cut weren't NFL caliber.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Really?  You are expecting rookies to carry this team to the promise land?  Their first season in the pro's?  Going up against the best of the best week after week who have been in this league for more then one season.  Rookies who have never experienced a full NFL season before?  You do realize a full college season is so much different then a full NFL season?  I don't think you really understand the difference between rookies and players who have been in the league for a couple seasons. Oh, I think they will do good but we need to be realistic here.

No, I'm expecting our HOF QB to use the talent he has, and carry this team to the promise land. He' has had way less talent in the WR group than we dod this year and won superbowls.

I do think there will be plenty of hiccups while these rookies adjust and gel with Brady, that is a given. With the amount of rookies we have, we will undoubtedly put up a few stinkers this year and look like the worst team in the league....happen almost every year....even more so with all the rooks.

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible here. I don't expect to bloe everyone out each and every week. But from what I have seen in the pre-season games looks very promising. Sure there may be better veteran WR squads out there, but I'm very happy with the potential we have. This offense should get better as the year goes on, and we have one hell of a stable of RBs to back up these rookie WRs...all lead by TB. I'm not ready to sit back and say Brady has nothing around him until I see at least half a dozen games.

Some people on this board sound like they're ready to jump off the cliff over ONE GAME by another team......and to me....that is being UN"realistic".

[/QUOTE]

You're just way too rational and composed for this forum. LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

You're just way too rational and composed for this forum. LOL.

Nah...I just the right people on ignore so they stop pissing me off!! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I won't make the mistake of placing too much value on game 1, but it was good to see Manning back in form.  Unlike some here who will diss on him simply because he's a rival, I appreciate watching great athletes.  Eventually they will retire and you'll miss it.  When Bird, Magic, and Jordan left the game, the NBA never felt the same.  It still doesn't to me.  Manning is one of the all-time greats at QB (ditto for Brady).  It's fun watching great players play; no matter the team.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

What I see is alot of people over-reacting to one game.  Denver had won 11 straight and was on a role last year......then lost at home to the Ravens.  Pats have looked great during the regular season then.....lost to the Ravens at home.

Doesn't matter what your doing on week 1, matters what your doing in the playoffs.

I agree

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

When are some people going to learn?

Its not how great you look in September
           or even December. but what you "are" in Jan and Feb

But no... it is way easier to go the sure way,
    So

I say lets eat our young before they hatch
    I say lets get rid of Brady because WW is gone and will be lost
    I say lets get rid of BB cause he has no idea what he is doing

I say
      Let's root for Denver right now because that bandwagon isn't full yet!
      AnD
      Denver has all the talent
      Denver has a 37 yo qb off neck surgery and who just loves the Cold
      Denver has Fox who has won every playoff game ever with Tebow
      Denver has Fox who won every Playoff game with PM

Yes!!! the Pats have no chance. We are doomed. Why are they even on TV?  The nerve of these Patsies even thinking they can compete. The Patsies are a 1-15 team who gets the number one pick in the draft. And we can have Rex as our coach. Just wait until we have some real football people here. So we can get on the bandwagon. So we can then get off when it looks bad all over again!    

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

I agree.  The PATS should just pack it in for the year because they have no chance to beat anyone other than the JETS .  I am going on record today and saying that this group of WR's will be a force by the end of the year barring any major injuries.  I hope we do try to run a little more to keep defenses honest.  I am more concerned about the defense at this point.  I think if the pass rush  improves then we will be alright.  GO PATS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

No over reaction on my end. Just making some comments on what I saw last night to start a discussion. I never mentioned the Pats. 

Agreed, 1 game, but only commenting on what I saw for that game. Not commenting on the entire season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Peeps are totally freaking out over one game. Complete over-reaction.

Baltimore played terrible, they will be much better before it's all said and done.

Broncos will rack up some regular season wins but they aren't as good as they looked last night. Manning's passes were accurate but wobbly. Wes looked good but he's slower than he was five years ago, he also miffed a punt and a key third down conversion. 

Denver's going to be good but putting them in the Super Bowl is premature

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

ryan seacrest has no buisness  doing anythign for th eNFL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to wolfwood's comment:

ryan seacrest has no buisness  doing anythign for th eNFL

HA! Agree. What was  the NFL doing???  I love football but gawd the pregame hype was way over the top and then the buzz kill with game delay. Ryan Seacrest in the mix was just bizarre.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm far more depressed reading the reactions of Pats fans than anything I saw last night made me. It's one game, it's a LONG season. Anybody remember the Pats coming off a SB win in 2001, how they dismantled the favored Steelers on opening night and started the season 3-0, looking for all the world like the best team in the league? They finished 6-7 that year.

And Peyton Manning is still 9-11 in the playoffs. But for whatever reason, he owns the Ravens, at least in the reg season (10-2). In the playoffs, he's just not the same guy. It's a career long trend that is not likely to change at 38.

My advice, get some perspective, and grab a beer. We're just getting started.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The denver D looked good?  lol they gave up 365 to Flacco and 27 points with 2 turnovers. If the Pats D did that there would be heads rolling. IMO Balts D and Denvers D stinks. Its the same old Manning.. High scoring O and scrap D.

At least for us we have a running game this year. its going to be different for Tom Terrific this year. He will have a great play action because of that run game.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Really difficult to understand how some posters can respond the way they do.  Last night's game was the first game of the season.  If you don't like the way the Pats do business and you're a Pats fan you've got a serious problem because neither Robert Kraft nor Bill Belichick is going away anytime soon.  Decry their approach all you wish, the team has been in the running for 12 years and it has been because of the way they've done business.  Of course, Brady had a lot to do with it.  Show me a team that has been consistently successful without a great QB.  The fact remains that the team has been as successful as it has because of Kraft's ownership and Belichick's presence.  Don't forget, it was BB who kept 4 QBs on the roster so he could retain Brady.  Don't forget, it was BB who made the decision to retain Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe was healthy.  You want perfection?  Zero mistakes? No misjudgments, ever?  Get a grip, grow up and recognize what we have here.

Yes, they want perfection because they are perfect themselves. Look at all the posters beating up on WW because he was not perfect while here. As an aside WW is arguably lb for lb  the toughest player in the NFL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's only one game, but clearly Denver has done a remarkable job building their roster in short time. They have taken risks (signing Manning), they are drafting well (I love Wolfe and their rookie runner), and they are benefiting from other teams screwing up with their own free agents (Welker). It's still way too early - and I have my doubts that Manning will not screw it all up on a cold Denver night come playoff time, but if you're a Denver fan right now, you have to start thinking you're offense will rival the 07 Patriots...and that's pretty scary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Flacco missed way to many open receivers, some would have been BIG plays. Their were too many drops from the RAvens (and some of you really want Clark!!!??? really?... well wait till Sudelfd has a game against the Bills this week). And the pass blocking was too often suspect.

I did not think the Denver D was very good. But it was good enough. It will be better when they get Miller back - easily their best D player.

I do agree that Denver showed some holes and the Ravens showed some big holes. But it was one game and it was only opening day when some units will look especially shakey till they start to gel.

Looking forward to a healthy Pats team doing what they do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I hope that this loss contributes to the Ravens missing the playoffs this year. I would MUCH rather see the Broncos in January than Ravens. You know Ravens will get stronger as the season rolls on, we'll see about the Broncos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

I won't make the mistake of placing too much value on game 1, but it was good to see Manning back in form.  Unlike some here who will diss on him simply because he's a rival, I appreciate watching great athletes.  Eventually they will retire and you'll miss it.  When Bird, Magic, and Jordan left the game, the NBA never felt the same.  It still doesn't to me.  Manning is one of the all-time greats at QB (ditto for Brady).  It's fun watching great players play; no matter the team.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

well said, and NBA has never been the same, can't imagine it will change anytime soon but hope for the best. Anybody who doesn't appreciate Manning is missing the big picture. There is nothing more I would like to see aside from a Pats SB win, then a Brady vs Manning afc championship game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

What I came away with from the other night....

A good Broncos team beat a medicore Ravens club.

The Patriots, if they perform as they should, could beat either team come January.

Let's go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts