What I came away with last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

What I came away with last night

I came away impressed with the Broncos, and thought a few things stood out

-Mannings arm strength looks much improved over last year. I thought he was unable to make all the throws last year, but this year that does not seem to be the case. I wonder if his injury is such that he gets stronger as the season progresses or does he get weaker?

-Wes was Wes.....which is very, very good. 

-I thought the Ravens OL would be pretty good this year, but the Broncos DT controlled the LOS. What will this defense look like if they stay healthy and Miller and Bailey come back at their usual level. I would love to see Vince and Kelly control the line in the same manner, garnering double teams allowing Nink and Jones to beat TE or RB in pass protection

-Colquitt was a very good weapon last night

-can Boyce or Dobson grow into DThomas?

-Dallas Clarke looked like Dallas Clarke. If not for Sudfeld impressing so quickly, I would have bet Clarke would have been signed by the Pats

-Flacco obviously has great talent. He was undoubtably on top of his game at exactly the right time last year. But I really have a hard time putting him in my top 10 QB's this year...with him at 11-12 spot.

-Harbaugh did not have his best game last night, but he deserved his new contract based on his résumé....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: What I came away with last night

Who doesn't think the Broncos will be a crazy scoring machine this year? Yeah, they looked real good. Hated seeing Wes wearing orange.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I came away with 3 things:

1) Denver is by far the favorite as AFC champs.  After going 13-3 with home field in 2012, they vastly improved their team for 2013.

2)  I hate that the NFL has turned into XBox style football, where you need to score 50 points to win a game, and QBs routinely throw 5 TDs a game. 

3)  Comparing the Pats WRs to the Broncos WRs is depressing.  Brady must want to punch someone when he sees how other teams are loaded at WR.  You can't compete without great WRs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

3)  Comparing the Pats WRs to the Broncos WRs is depressing.  Brady must want to punch someone when he sees how other teams are loaded at WR.  You can't compete without great WRs. 

It's okay.  The Pats are younger and quicker at wideout.  Also, they need that $13.4M for operating costs and in case of emergency.

Or some sort of bull like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Denver looked awesome last night and with such an easy division they could easily have homefield throughout the playoffs.  Welker doesn't look like he missed a beat with Manning throwing him the ball.

I can't understand why the Pats didn't make a move for Clark, with so many questions at TE a veteran like Clark would have provided some insurance.

I thought he visited sometime during past offseason?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Yes, Clark was here for a physical and perhaps a workout. But at that time Sudfeld was impressing  and Gronk was given the green light to start workouts. Timing was such that Clark was not signed, but if Sudfeld did not impress, or if Gronk was going to be PUP'd for 8 games, I believe ClarK would have signed 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

What I see is alot of people over-reacting to one game.  Denver had won 11 straight and was on a role last year......then lost at home to the Ravens.  Pats have looked great during the regular season then.....lost to the Ravens at home.

Doesn't matter what your doing on week 1, matters what your doing in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

You always have the choice of cheering for Denver this year if your team depresses you so much....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'm not taking anything away from the Bronco's but no one is saying just how bad The Ravens looked. Defense fell apart and the team that was a defensive powerhouse last year was dismantled and it showed..I still think though if the PATS scored that many points how many people would be saying that they were being disrespectful by running up the score!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

i say that we will be ok.  Denver defense is not that good. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Makes me wonder how I would feel if Brady was released and picked up by a team that then became an instant SB contender.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Denver sucks. Overated and will fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I came away impressed with the Broncos, and thought a few things stood out

-Mannings arm strength looks much improved over last year. I thought he was unable to make all the throws last year, but this year that does not seem to be the case. I wonder if his injury is such that he gets stronger as the season progresses or does he get weaker?

-Wes was Wes.....which is very, very good. 

-I thought the Ravens OL would be pretty good this year, but the Broncos DT controlled the LOS. What will this defense look like if they stay healthy and Miller and Bailey come back at their usual level. I would love to see Vince and Kelly control the line in the same manner, garnering double teams allowing Nink and Jones to beat TE or RB in pass protection

-Colquitt was a very good weapon last night

-can Boyce or Dobson grow into DThomas?

-Dallas Clarke looked like Dallas Clarke. If not for Sudfeld impressing so quickly, I would have bet Clarke would have been signed by the Pats

-Flacco obviously has great talent. He was undoubtably on top of his game at exactly the right time last year. But I really have a hard time putting him in my top 10 QB's this year...with him at 11-12 spot.

-Harbaugh did not have his best game last night, but he deserved his new contract based on his résumé....

The Broncos did look good, but the game was very close early on until injuries kicked on for the Ravens. Now I think the Broncos would have won anyway but I thought that Wes drop that wasnt challenged was the game changer and Bmore never recovered with their challenged passing game. I did think Bmore O-line looked every bit as good as they did the end of last year. I didnt see the Broncos controlling until the game got outta hand and Flacco HAD to pass. Early on the Line was giving Flacco years to throw, its just that they have no weapons. Clark was open all day but cant catch anymore it seems. T.Smith is good deep  but cant be a posession WR and Stokely is gotta be close to 40 so not sure why they reloaded the D and not the O, but they are gonna struggle offensively if they get down. If the games close, Rice and Benard will keep them in it.

I wouldnt put too much stock into 1st game either way cuz no defense has gelled yet. For instance, the Julius kid looked unstoppable but against us, I bet he is shut down. Dude cant block to save his life and never hit by my count. ONce you get physical with him, its a wrap. He still looks like a Bball player, and BB will expose his lack of football experience.

Wes had an up and down game. Hands are suspect like I keep telling folks. he is a body catcher, not a hands catcher which is what I like about amendola.

One thing I noticed. Both teams had some form of intimidator out there in the back end.

Also another thing I noticed is a lack of chemistry with manning and Decker/Thomas. I wonder if Wes getting the ball so much is gonna mess with them. Decker looked off all night and I dont even recall seeing Thomas do anything outside of that one long play but I also was doing other things during game so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Very depressing watching that game last night.  Here is why...

Why can't the Patriots surround TFB with talent like that?  Colts go all in with Manning, why aren't the Patriots doing the same for Brady.  And there isn't much separation between salary cap figures between the Pats and Broncos.  At my last count.... 14 rookies on this team including 6 on the practice squad.  Total of 20 rookies out of a 53 man roster.  Pretty pathetice.  How many undrafted do we have?  Injury prone Amendola and Edelman lead this team in receiving experience..  Broncos receivers look unstoppable.  Welker didn't skip a beat, Thomas wow, Decker not a good game but will be huge.  Didn't even need a run game last night.  Bronco's D looks fine without Miller for right now.  With the Broncos schedule they will be unbelievable.  Elway and Fox plan in place.

Patriots should be able to blow out the Bills like that, after all it's the Bills.  If the Pts can't put up 40 on the Bills then the Pats have a long road ahead of them to get ready for week 12.

That's all for now.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

over reaction Friday!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

One game from the Broncos against a depleted Ravens team and everyone has to complain about how the Pats don't have the same weapons as the Broncos.  Go root for the Broncos if you're so upset with the Patriots.  You guys are so freaking negative.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

One game from the Broncos against a depleted Ravens team and everyone has to complain about how the Pats don't have the same weapons as the Broncos.  Go root for the Broncos if you're so upset with the Patriots.  You guys are so freaking negative.

For most of us, these feelings don't come from last night's game.  Last night's game just further magnified what a high quality QB can do with talented receivers.

It's possible that Brady gets the task accomplished with the Injury Guy and the rookies, but I'm going to guess he'd be much better with high quailty wideouts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Don't count a much improved KC. Speaking of weak division, the last 12 seasons, the Pats were challenged once maybe twice. Come on man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady accomplished a lot with Randy Moss and Wes Welker...all during the regular season.  We all know how Peyton performs in the playoffs.  And he still has yet to win a game in sub 40 degree temps.  If they host another playoff game in Denver in January, good luck when the temps drop, Peyton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think the Broncos will go undefeated

PM will have 7 x 16 TDS

They will lose game one of the playoffs

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You've been pucked in the head to often Tuuka.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

Amen! Some fans in Here need to pull they skirts up and have some pride in your team and stop gawking at Manning and Wes like we dont know they are both playoff chokers. I was not impressed in the least. This is the game they plan for all offseason and it showed for them. Bmore is missing leadership because once they got down they never recovered. I saw TSuggs on the sideline attempting some sort of rally, but its T suggs wasnt making many plays. Im glad you guys were impressed with  Muffy but he looks like the same guy to me. Looks great in reg. season. Big Sh*t!  I imagine we will blow the doors off of Buffalo too, Does that mean we are going to the SB? After the 1st 3 weeks, we could be the # 1 defense after playing Bill, Jets, etc. Does that mean we will HAVE a # 1 defense? NO. Relax, we havent even got to sunday yet....Yeeeesh. Jump now before we start moving fast #bandwagoners!

ON a side note, Anyone notice Manning Forehead when he takes his helmet off? He must need an extra large helmet! YIKES! I keep hearing the Munsters theme in my head.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

Here is what I came away with:  Baltimore is not NEARLY as good as projected.  Period.  The Broncos still do not have a running game---and come play off time, in cold weather, you better be able to run the ball.  Especially be able to run it when you need it and the other team is expecting it---did anyone get that feeling last night?  And I am not afraid of that Bronco defense.  Once Jacoby Jones and Oher went out the Ravens offense just went downhill---which is amazing considering they have Ray Rice.  Torrey Smith was awful---w/out Boldin and Pitta, Flacco has no check down receivers--game over.  The Broncos have a good offense--but not  2007 Pats--and Welker dropped a few balls last night---and I agree w/the post about the TE not being hit that hard.  The Broncos D is light and fast---how did we beat them last year?  We kept running it down their throats---which Baltimore inexplicably went away from when they were up in the half.  So, I saw a very good Broncos team beat a very overrated Ravens team (who I don't think make the playoffs this year--the Superbowl letdown).

Sections
Shortcuts