What I came away with last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Re: What I came away with last night

In response to TFB12's comment:

Very depressing watching that game last night.  Here is why...

Why can't the Patriots surround TFB with talent like that?  Colts go all in with Manning, why aren't the Patriots doing the same for Brady.  And there isn't much separation between salary cap figures between the Pats and Broncos.  At my last count.... 14 rookies on this team including 6 on the practice squad.  Total of 20 rookies out of a 53 man roster.  Pretty pathetice.  How many undrafted do we have?  Injury prone Amendola and Edelman lead this team in receiving experience..  Broncos receivers look unstoppable.  Welker didn't skip a beat, Thomas wow, Decker not a good game but will be huge.  Didn't even need a run game last night.  Bronco's D looks fine without Miller for right now.  With the Broncos schedule they will be unbelievable.  Elway and Fox plan in place.

Patriots should be able to blow out the Bills like that, after all it's the Bills.  If the Pts can't put up 40 on the Bills then the Pats have a long road ahead of them to get ready for week 12.

That's all for now.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

You can't be serious? This is how you want to judge a team? by how many points they can pile on against bottom feeders? I think i know what your reaction will be if we win by 1 point against bills now :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

When are some people going to learn?

Its not how great you look in September
           or even December. but what you "are" in Jan and Feb

But no... it is way easier to go the sure way,
    So

I say lets eat our young before they hatch
    I say lets get rid of Brady because WW is gone and will be lost
    I say lets get rid of BB cause he has no idea what he is doing

I say
      Let's root for Denver right now because that bandwagon isn't full yet!
      AnD
      Denver has all the talent
      Denver has a 37 yo qb off neck surgery and who just loves the Cold
      Denver has Fox who has won every playoff game ever with Tebow
      Denver has Fox who won every Playoff game with PM

Yes!!! the Pats have no chance. We are doomed. Why are they even on TV?  The nerve of these Patsies even thinking they can compete. The Patsies are a 1-15 team who gets the number one pick in the draft. And we can have Rex as our coach. Just wait until we have some real football people here. So we can get on the bandwagon. So we can then get off when it looks bad all over again!    

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why can't the Patriots surround TFB with talent like that?  Colts go all in with Manning, why aren't the Patriots doing the same for Brady.  And there isn't much separation between salary cap figures between the Pats and Broncos.  At my last count.... 14 rookies on this team including 6 on the practice squad.  Total of 20 rookies out of a 53 man roster.  Pretty pathetice.  How many undrafted do we have?  Injury prone Amendola and Edelman lead this team in receiving experience..  Broncos receivers look unstoppable.  Welker didn't skip a beat, Thomas wow, Decker not a good game but will be huge.  Didn't even need a run game last night.  Bronco's D looks fine without Miller for right now.  With the Broncos schedule they will be unbelievable.  Elway and Fox plan in place.

Patriots should be able to blow out the Bills like that, after all it's the Bills.  If the Pts can't put up 40 on the Bills then the Pats have a long road ahead of them to get ready for week 12.

That's all for now.

TFB, that is a mystery regarding why the Pats can't land at least ONE quality WR for Brady to throw to to be on the team every season!  IMHO, I believe this is the case because Brady can turn a frog into a great WR and, as a result, BB feels there is no need to draft or sign a high quality WR. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Why can't the Patriots surround TFB with talent like that? 

Last year, I heard several people complaining about how our WRs are too small, too slow...blah blah blah.

So BB goes out, and brings in all sorts of young talent....bigger, younger...faster. After ONE GAME where the Broncs have a great night passing, all of a sudden our entire receiving core around Brady sucks?

Maybe it's me, but it looks like BB is trying to find the talent to put around his star QB....all of which is unproven, but he is trying to upgrade here. I honestly don't understand all the posts this morning with these concerns that we have nothing around Brady.

Doesn't it make sense to maybe let them play 4-6 games to see what we have before we line up at the edge of the cliff over our new weopons?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Last year, I heard several people complaining about how our WRs are too small, too slow...blah blah blah.

So BB goes out, and brings in all sorts of young talent....bigger, younger...faster. After ONE GAME where the Broncs have a great night passing, all of a sudden our entire receiving core around Brady sucks?

Maybe it's me, but it looks like BB is trying to find the talent to put around his star QB....all of which is unproven, but he is trying to upgrade here. I honestly don't understand all the posts this morning with these concerns that we have nothing around Brady.

Doesn't it make sense to maybe let them play 4-6 games to see what we have before we line up at the edge of the cliff over our new weopons?

well spoken... doom and gloomers take a deep breath.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great regular season QB; chokes routinely in the playoffs. This is PAYton. Flacco needs to play like Montana for the Goths to go anywhere(and he played like Joe Blow with arm strength )during the playoffs and the Goths D is seems to be missing more than a few beats with Lewis, Kruger, Ellerbee and Reed gone. Jimmy Smith and Webb looked good at times, but really how good is a secondary that gives up 462 yrds and what 6 TDS. Brutal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You may be right.  The Injury Guy and the guys who have never played one single down in a real NFL game may be good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Well let's see if this was the Pat's that won in a blow out a certain segment of this board would be here today complaining that the Pat's ran for only 65 yards and threw the ball almost twice as much as they ran it. The declaration would be that the Pat's have zero shot in the post season due to the inbalance in the offense and the inability to run the ball. i beleive they would be calling it a finesse offense that is flawed for playoff football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:

Here is what I came away with:  Baltimore is not NEARLY as good as projected.  Period.  The Broncos still do not have a running game---and come play off time, in cold weather, you better be able to run the ball.  Especially be able to run it when you need it and the other team is expecting it---did anyone get that feeling last night?  And I am not afraid of that Bronco defense.  Once Jacoby Jones and Oher went out the Ravens offense just went downhill---which is amazing considering they have Ray Rice.  Torrey Smith was awful---w/out Boldin and Pitta, Flacco has no check down receivers--game over.  The Broncos have a good offense--but not  2007 Pats--and Welker dropped a few balls last night---and I agree w/the post about the TE not being hit that hard.  The Broncos D is light and fast---how did we beat them last year?  We kept running it down their throats---which Baltimore inexplicably went away from when they were up in the half.  So, I saw a very good Broncos team beat a very overrated Ravens team (who I don't think make the playoffs this year--the Superbowl letdown).

We saw the same things. Broncos look good but its september when most offenses look good. I was the one telling everyone Flacco was a bum when people tried to say he outplayed Brady last postseason(no context). More like the Ravens D showed better than ours in playoffs. Flacco has always been inconsistent and struggled with accuracy on easy throws and has poor pocket presense. He enjoyed a good run last year where his WR's were awesome and Bolden was catching everything in sight. Torrey is a good deep threat but nothing else. I said paying him 120 million was a mistake and we would see if he can be Brady (not many weapons, ok defense) and so far,Flacco is NO brady like I said. Ravens will regret that contract. Unless they surround him with superior talent , he will be let go in 2 years making that money

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Really?  You are expecting rookies to carry this team to the promise land?  Their first season in the pro's?  Going up against the best of the best week after week who have been in this league for more then one season.  Rookies who have never experienced a full NFL season before?  You do realize a full college season is so much different then a full NFL season?  I don't think you really understand the difference between rookies and players who have been in the league for a couple seasons. Oh, I think they will do good but we need to be realistic here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Unless they surround him with superior talent , he will be let go in 2 years making that money

Doubtful.  They would incur 36.4 million in dead money if they cut him after 2 years.  I agree Flacco is overpaid, but he is going to be in Baltimore for the forseeable future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Unless they surround him with superior talent , he will be let go in 2 years making that money

Doubtful.  They would incur 36.4 million in dead money if they cut him after 2 years.  I agree Flacco is overpaid, but he is going to be in Baltimore for the forseeable future.

well they are screwed because he cant carry a team with mediocre weapons. Kudos to Brady for what he has done over the years. What was Bmore thinking??  I mean sure Flacco made the playoffs his 1st 5 years, blah, blah but that was mainly due to their defense. Now people will see the real Flacco who is more like Drew Bledsoe in Dallas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Really?  You are expecting rookies to carry this team to the promise land?  Their first season in the pro's?  Going up against the best of the best week after week who have been in this league for more then one season.  Rookies who have never experienced a full NFL season before?  You do realize a full college season is so much different then a full NFL season?  I don't think you really understand the difference between rookies and players who have been in the league for a couple seasons. Oh, I think they will do good but we need to be realistic here.

The rookies aren't being asked to carry us to the promised land.  They are being asked to replace Hernandez and Lloyd and Woodhead.  Not a small task, but certainly doable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

What was Bmore thinking??  I mean sure Flacco made the playoffs his 1st 5 years, blah, blah but that was mainly due to their defense. Now people will see the real Flacco who is more like Drew Bledsoe in Dallas.

By franchising Flacco last season they gambled that he would either improve which would make him worth top QB money or he would hurt his stock with another okay regular season.  Unfortunately for them (from a negotiation standpoint) Flacco didn't really improve, but he jacked up his price tag by having an epic postseason.  What was Baltimore going to do?  Let him walk?  They would be in the Clowney sweepstakes this year without him considering the losses they've had on D.  Ozzie took a calculated risk and it backfired.  It happens, but at least he got a SB out of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

One game from the Broncos against a depleted Ravens team and everyone has to complain about how the Pats don't have the same weapons as the Broncos.  Go root for the Broncos if you're so upset with the Patriots.  You guys are so freaking negative.

Amen! Some fans in Here need to pull they skirts up and have some pride in your team and stop gawking at Manning and Wes like we dont know they are both playoff chokers. I was not impressed in the least. This is the game they plan for all offseason and it showed for them. Bmore is missing leadership because once they got down they never recovered. I saw TSuggs on the sideline attempting some sort of rally, but its T suggs wasnt making many plays. Im glad you guys were impressed with  Muffy but he looks like the same guy to me. Looks great in reg. season. Big Sh*t!  I imagine we will blow the doors off of Buffalo too, Does that mean we are going to the SB? After the 1st 3 weeks, we could be the # 1 defense after playing Bill, Jets, etc. Does that mean we will HAVE a # 1 defense? NO. Relax, we havent even got to sunday yet....Yeeeesh. Jump now before we start moving fast #bandwagoners!

ON a side note, Anyone notice Manning Forehead when he takes his helmet off? He must need an extra large helmet! YIKES! I keep hearing the Munsters theme in my head.

I always notice Peyton's helmet marks on his head.  And then when Brady takes his helmet off on the sidelines, his hair still looks perfect and no helmet marks.  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not sure if the cheerleaders out there actually watched the same game I did.

I seen a horrible Baltamore team one missed coaches challenge away from a blowout win.

I seen Denver capitalize on 2 horrendously poor Baltimore Red Zone Turnovers.

I seen Dallas Clark embarrass himself.  The guy can't play.

And more importantly I seen a gassed Baltimore defense quit in the 2nd half.

So you all can jump on the Bronco Media Hype Train.  What I saw last night is Two very beatable teams that won't have a chance in hell of stopping our Offence.  Suds and GRONK will shread them both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

What was Bmore thinking??  I mean sure Flacco made the playoffs his 1st 5 years, blah, blah but that was mainly due to their defense. Now people will see the real Flacco who is more like Drew Bledsoe in Dallas.

By franchising Flacco last season they gambled that he would either improve which would make him worth top QB money or he would hurt his stock with another okay regular season.  Unfortunately for them (from a negotiation standpoint) Flacco didn't really improve, but he jacked up his price tag by having an epic postseason.  What was Baltimore going to do?  Let him walk?  They would be in the Clowney sweepstakes this year without him considering the losses they've had on D.  Ozzie took a calculated risk and it backfired.  It happens, but at least he got a SB out of it.

Of course, I just dont get the logic of him walking into the office and demanding 120 million which is what he joked about right after the SB win and i just dont see WHY they needed to give it. Were a bunch of other teams ready to pay him the same thing? How does Brady always take below market value but they Needed to cave to Flacco after one postseason? I understand the need to lock up a QB with the defense being depleted but I thought they reloaded well on D and its just too early to make judgement. Dumerville, and the other pickups should get better. I would have gave him15 mill/year or told him to skate

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I see is alot of people over-reacting to one game.  Denver had won 11 straight and was on a role last year......then lost at home to the Ravens.  Pats have looked great during the regular season then.....lost to the Ravens at home.

Doesn't matter what your doing on week 1, matters what your doing in the playoffs.

[/QUOTEAgree 100%

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Not sure if the cheerleaders out there actually watched the same game I did.

I seen a horrible Baltamore team one missed coaches challenge away from a blowout win.

I seen Denver capitalize on 2 horrendously poor Baltimore Red Zone Turnovers.

I seen Dallas Clark embarrass himself.  The guy can't play.

And more importantly I seen a gassed Baltimore defense quit in the 2nd half.

So you all can jump on the Bronco Media Hype Train.  What I saw last night is Two very beatable teams that won't have a chance in hell of stopping our Offence.  Suds and GRONK will shread them both.

Good point TCAL. You are on to something.  Once Suds and Gronk exploit the defense, I think you will see Brady stretch the field with speedy WRs. This is a vicious cycle as the TEs will have more room down the seams. Play action and running will off set the defense also. It may not happen the 1st game but as always NE keeps improving throughout the year, we should see more of this later in the year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

That offense is really good. I wonder if they have the ability to put up NE 07 like numbers, definitely seem talented enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How about the fact that we should have a dominant run game and Gomer was handing off to Moreno last night who lost his job last year. Bell may not play due to not being up to speed in this passing offense. Weve all seen it with our own team. Passing teams with weak defense. I hope our Defense will be better than theirs as it should and I KNOW our running game will be better and I KNOW Brady is better than Manning(did his arm really look THAT strong last night, cuz I saw some regular manning ducks) and Amendola may be better. Gronk would Eat Julius Thomas for Breakfast. R.Moore will be victimized like that steelers safety  if Brady sees him back there. Clady is a great Tackle for Manning but u can get pressure inside which Manning Hates. John Fox, did he get a brain transplant?  Ok, yea I am not worried.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The Ravens defense is as soft as a Twinkie filling.  Enjoy Dean Pees!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Really difficult to understand how some posters can respond the way they do.  Last night's game was the first game of the season.  If you don't like the way the Pats do business and you're a Pats fan you've got a serious problem because neither Robert Kraft nor Bill Belichick is going away anytime soon.  Decry their approach all you wish, the team has been in the running for 12 years and it has been because of the way they've done business.  Of course, Brady had a lot to do with it.  Show me a team that has been consistently successful without a great QB.  The fact remains that the team has been as successful as it has because of Kraft's ownership and Belichick's presence.  Don't forget, it was BB who kept 4 QBs on the roster so he could retain Brady.  Don't forget, it was BB who made the decision to retain Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe was healthy.  You want perfection?  Zero mistakes? No misjudgments, ever?  Get a grip, grow up and recognize what we have here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

One game from the Broncos against a depleted Ravens team and everyone has to complain about how the Pats don't have the same weapons as the Broncos.  Go root for the Broncos if you're so upset with the Patriots.  You guys are so freaking negative.

For most of us, these feelings don't come from last night's game.  Last night's game just further magnified what a high quality QB can do with talented receivers.

It's possible that Brady gets the task accomplished with the Injury Guy and the rookies, but I'm going to guess he'd be much better with high quailty wideouts.

Well I guess that's what happens when you draft in the bottom of the draft every year for 10+ years.  Broncos had been drafting pretty high for awhile now, and then went out and got a HOF QB... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Really difficult to understand how some posters can respond the way they do.  Last night's game was the first game of the season.  If you don't like the way the Pats do business and you're a Pats fan you've got a serious problem because neither Robert Kraft nor Bill Belichick is going away anytime soon.  Decry their approach all you wish, the team has been in the running for 12 years and it has been because of the way they've done business.  Of course, Brady had a lot to do with it.  Show me a team that has been consistently successful without a great QB.  The fact remains that the team has been as successful as it has because of Kraft's ownership and Belichick's presence.  Don't forget, it was BB who kept 4 QBs on the roster so he could retain Brady.  Don't forget, it was BB who made the decision to retain Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe was healthy.  You want perfection?  Zero mistakes? No misjudgments, ever?  Get a grip, grow up and recognize what we have here.

If I could like posts in here, this would definitely get a like.

Sections
Shortcuts