what i have said all year on the board: boston.com "WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR PATRIOTS?"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

what i have said all year on the board: boston.com "WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR PATRIOTS?"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/01/30/what-lies-ahead-for-the-patriots/aqGb4wL0xuU0XqPENmr0BM/story.html?pg=2

(except they didnt mention off coordinator losing the games we lost when playing better defenses)

"Belichick will handle his own homework. Surely when he looks at the film, he'll see a team that both drastically improved over the course of the season in core areas (offensive line) and floundered in others (secondary). The Patriots saw an uptick in quality of play on both sides of the ball, but will also see the same enduring issues that have plagued the team pop up on film: Communication in the secondary, lack of a pass rush, and an unwillingness to stick with the running game.

Upon further review, they'll see an inability to stretch the field at wide receiver and susceptibility to big plays in man-to-man coverage at linebacker and cornerback.

AND

When you have the 29th-ranked passing defense and are continually befuddled by bigger wide receivers and dynamic tight ends, your first priority needs to be addressing the elephant in the broom closet. But it's not as simple as getting a better cornerback, which the Patriots did when they traded for Talib. It means the team needs to address its third-down defensive depth with a speedy linebacker, muck like Gary Guyton was, to handle the Dennis Pittas of the world and, God forbid, the next Rob Gronkowski.

It's clear that Brandon Spikes could not handle that role. According to ProFootballFocus.com, quarterbacks had a 116.1 rating when throwing passes in Spikes’s direction. The same can be said for Jerod Mayo (98.9 rating, 82.7 completion percentage). Finding a linebacker who can cover in sub packages would take a huge burden off the safeties, who should focus more on helping the cornerbacks.

It wouldn't hurt to re-sign Talib, either."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: what i have said all year on the board: boston.com

It's not just you my man...

Rusty has always said - run more! I agree.

Tcal let us now of his hatred of Mayo. We need more speed here for coverage.  (Fletcher)

I have always said get the pass-rush and secondary shored up.  (Talib, Osi)?

Stretch the field... been missing since Moss left, but we just need a big target that gets down field and creates separation. 

Amongst others have said the same. These holes are rather obvious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Stretch the field... been missing since Moss left, but we just need a big target that gets down field and creates separation. 

Be nice to have a a couple Dez Bryant's, or Torrey Smiths to the posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

How about they enter the post season healthy! They need to improve the secondary even if they re-sign Talib. As for the D-line they have already started addressing their needs by signing 3 D-linemen in Armstead,Benard and Vega. As for the cover linebacker they surely missed Fletcher as he was their speed LB... Maybe they should take a flier on Sergio Kindle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

It's not just you my man...

Rusty has always said - run more! I agree.

Tcal let us now of his hatred of Mayo. We need more speed here for coverage.  (Fletcher)

I have always said get the pass-rush and secondary shored up.  (Talib, Osi)?

Amongst others have said the same. These holes are rather obvious.

hi getz,

glad a few can see it. when i post it only haters reply.

by the way, its not abotu running more purely, for me. but proving you can run and hurt a defense

( and teh design of each play, and the sequencing of run- pass) and using that threat to make the rest of the offense work better).

agree mostly with the above, fletcher doesnt have the speed to cover rbs and fast tes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

How about they enter the post season healthy! They need to improve the secondary even if they re-sign Talib. As for the D-line they have already started addressing their needs by signing 3 D-linemen in Armstead,Benard and Vega. As for the cover linebacker they surely missed Fletcher as he was their speed LB... Maybe they should take a flier on Sergio Kindle.

hi sports

fletcher is like 4.7 speed. not gonna do it.

evry team loses players, some more than others.

we need key players in key spots and most importantly top tier off corrdinator and much better game mgt. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Be nice to have a a couple Dez Bryant's, or Torrey Smiths to the posts

im sure there are future players of that ilk in this draft. have you seen them?