What I hope BB does next

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What I hope BB does next

Trade up to take Sergio Kindle and Golden Tate (or Damian Williams) at the top of the second round.  Then the draft will look brilliant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Re: What I hope BB does next

Dont hold your breath. I bet we can get 20 7 rounders for those seconds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: What I hope BB does next:
    Posted by uncommon13

I don't know whether to laugh or cry . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: What I hope BB does next: Oh my, our cynicism really has reached an extreme. Warranted, but an extreme.
    Posted by uncommon13

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Patriots will trade 1 of their 2010 second round picks for a teams 2011 1st round pick. they obviously dont like the talent in 2010. Funny cuz 2010 draft class could be the best in over twenty years. But again belichick only drafts guys he "thinks" might be good in their system.

Well regret not taking a chance on Jerry Hughes, Bulaga, Kindle... ect...

btw - the dude got 1 INT at Rutgers... highly doubt he will produce better against some of the best WRs and QBs in the NFL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Boston, that is because no one threw at him and of the throws very few were completions, like 30+% only.  He IS good.  Let him develop.  He isnt a walking medical like Wheatley. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I'm with ya on Kindle. I'm still holding out hope. I'm really surprised he made it out of the 1st round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DieHrdPatsFn. Show DieHrdPatsFn's posts

Bill likes the players available in the second and third. I dont see him giving up these picks to obtain more for next year. He may move around a bit, but he will keep it in the second and third essentually using all four picks, maybee even a 5th if he moves a second pick around... confused yet?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think we need at least two guys with good potential to be starters this year.  I think our odds of getting that kind of talent drop precipitously after the top of the second round.  Because of that, I think trading up to the top of the second round makes a lot of sense.  If we can get a decent pass rushing LB and a decent WR near the the top of the second round then I'll love this draft.  I thought the Pat's four highest needs were: OLB, CB, WR, and OT.  We got a CB . . . the best OTs are gone (so we should go for value there in lower rounds) . .. but there are still some good OLBs and WRs available so let's go for them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

did he do something you were hoping in the first round? dont hold out hope for the second. i'm guessing a backup guard, maybe another corner, and a trade down. or just dumping all 3 picks. you can be sure we wont get any impact type players. again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: What I hope BB does next: Good college corners are not in permanent "lock down" mode on one receiver. To justify the one int as "they threw away from him" is ridiculous. Most college teams go to their number one receiver often, regardless of who is in coverage. And this is Rutgers we are talking about. Contrast this to Wilson, who is an awesome ball hawk with instincts, also stuffs the run, and reps 26 times at the combine. Cleveland hotly debated him at no. 7. So you have a strong, fast CB who is a known cover man and ball hawk, but take a Rutgers guy with one interception instead????? Please. 31 of 32 NFL team execs agree with me on this one, so spare the BB ball-polishing reply.
    Patriots will trade 1 of their 2010 second round picks for a teams 2011 1st round pick. they obviously dont like the talent in 2010. Funny cuz 2010 draft class could be the best in over twenty years. But again belichick only drafts guys he "thinks" might be good in their system. Well regret not taking a chance on Jerry Hughes, Bulaga, Kindle... ect... btw - the dude got 1 INT at Rutgers... highly doubt he will produce better against some of the best WRs and QBs in the NFL
    Posted by Boston-kyle

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fab2indc. Show fab2indc's posts

yes, they clearly dont like the talent in the 2010 draft... thats why they traded down twice and picked up a 3rd rd pick they didnt have.
    yes, clearly they hate the talent in this draft.
    dolt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

OK, at least Jacksonville and Denver, trading back up after trading down to select Tim Tebow.  Really, what compelled Denver to jump up two slots to get Tebow ?

So, another corner -

Bill will be switching to a 3 -2-6 defensive alignment ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

O So, another corner - Bill will be switching to a 3 -2-6 defensive alignment ?
    Posted by rolltide1963

That will solve our LB problem!  Who knows, maybe he will . . . and our pass rush will come from the defensive backfield. In today's pass happy NFL maybe that would actually work.  Just don't play any running teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Three picks in the 2nd, one in the third and one now in the fourth . . . w/o trading that should get them a running back, a wide-out, a tight end, and two offensive lineman.  Who needs defense?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I'm with ya on Kindle. I'm still holding out hope. I'm really surprised he made it out of the 1st round.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Kindle is falling because he has serious medical issues. What really kills me every year is how BB ALWAYS picks players that none of the off season prognosticators on the board want him to. Gotta love the guy!

Sections
Shortcuts