What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game

Since it's only the first game I didn't learn anything about the players but I did learn that Rex is still a moron as he threw a temper tantrum on the side lines when something didn't go right in the first half.

First preseason game after a couple weeks of training camp after a lockout and he freaks out because there was some confusion getting players in and out. Delusional.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"how quickly you guys forget that he outplayed our beloved QB on our home turf last January....."

A fair point. However we didn't much pressure on him either, and it seems BB is finally conceding that this matters if we are going to beat the Jets. Expect a different story this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Lets see

Sanchez 6/7 42 yds / FG in Red zone
      they just want to get his % high
               w/o turnovers - so they can brag
                  about how much better he is
         Sometimes I think Sanchez is a glam ELI
            (thats a back handed complement)

Oline has some talent on left- but is really thin

RB is also very thin
    TE is thin
    WR's - no burners

Last year Jets started out at 31yd line  off KO's
    With new rules it will be less
    Their O will be in bottom half of scoring

Jets D
    Dline looks like it has potential
    I think they can stop run
    They aren't asked for sacks

LB's just like OLine but thinner
    Safties - they have 3
    CB's - can't argue with
          Will Wilson be good or a bust?

After looking at AFC - they still may be able to
    sneak into playoffs
    NE/Pitt/Houston/SD

any 2 of the rest
    Jets/Ravens/KC/ Indie but i have ?'s about Manning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

After 1 quarter I think we all learned that they don't have an offense that is anything to worry about. Can't wait to play them and sack the F out of that posing fake QB then they can bury the game ball and do all sorts of antics so the NY media dosen't blast them.
    I am going to give them 8-8 and they do not make the playoffs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game:
    It's funny Jets fans think 2010 is the same thing as what will happen in 2011.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Actually 2011 will end the same way for the SOJ - no division title, no conference title, no Super Bowl. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game : I have to chuckle at these Jets trolls who literally just sign up and there first few posts are tied to Jets themed threads. It's highly likely another Phat Rex moniker. WHo cares what Mark Sanchez did when NE was rebuilding and starting rookies all over the field? Any fan of another team can clearly see NE has LOADED UP on defense bringing in a slew of players to bolster the rebuilt foundation through the draft. It's funny Jets fans think 2010 is the same thing as what will happen in 2011.

lol...relax...I can assure you that I am no Jets troll, and have been a die hard Pats fan for all 29 of my years on this planet.  I said what I said in my previous post because people were being pretty harsh on Sanchez in this thread, but to be fair he did show up when it mattered last January.

Trust me, I'm just as eager for week 5 this year at a chance for revenge, and I despise the Jets just like everyone else in this thread.  I've posted on this board on and off for years now, but when I came back this year they made me create a user name, hence the low # of posts.

Go Pats.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I guess. He didn't show up in the AFC title game.  Again, it's overblown. NE may have  been 14-2, but let's be honest, that team overachieved. It was an obvious rebuilding year with very inexperienced players. NE made mistakes, kept it close for NY to pounce, and NY took advantage.  Yes, credit Sanchez for no turnovers and taking advantage.

Yes, they clearly overachieved.  As the weeks went on and they kept racking up the wins, I think we all started to believe (partly due to all the media hype shoved down our throats) that it was going to be another one of those magical years.  But deep down inside, any true fan that follows the team knew that they didn't have one of those defenses from the super bowl years that would make a HUGE play when the game depended on it.  And let's be honest, the '06 AFC Championship game is the first time we saw our defense fail us in a big spot, and it's been a haunting theme ever since.

I can't wait for this year.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how last year's rookie class develops (hopefully none of them pull a D-But and regress!) as well as this year's class, and the veteran additions to the d-line/WR.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

who is talking to Mark?
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11
    Hilarious! LMAO!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I learned that Sancheeze apparently stood in front of a mole cannon, and Phat Rex can really take his headset off efficiently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

notice how many sacks the texans got on the jets. Wow!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

o-line is a mess and they got problems... d will keep them in games like last year..

for me...i dont want to just beat the jests... i want to physically beat them up...put a physical beatdown on them...while also drubbing their faces in an extremely lopsided score....   thats the least i would accept for all the troll bull sh*t that has been spouted on this board....

though it has been surprizingly quiet lately... hhhhmmmm is the green slime ozzing back down into the cracks />>>

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game : I have to chuckle at these Jets trolls who literally just sign up and there first few posts are tied to Jets themed threads. It's highly likely another Phat Rex moniker. WHo cares what Mark Sanchez did when NE was rebuilding and starting rookies all over the field? Any fan of another team can clearly see NE has LOADED UP on defense bringing in a slew of players to bolster the rebuilt foundation through the draft. It's funny Jets fans think 2010 is the same thing as what will happen in 2011.

that was the same rebuilding and rookie defense that beat the Jets 42-3 weeks before right? so what happened in the post season? did everett high replace the rookies? your redundant rookie and rebuilding is like obama blaming the state of our economy on george, still. over and over and over.....you have a complete mastery of blaming skills. with your permission king, i could elaborate on that for you, but you won't like what you read. it's my psychiatric friend's analysis of you after he's read your comments in this forum. and i am a giants fan, for the record. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I almost P'ed myself today listening to NY sports radio and hearing how the Jets want to ease their QB into things and how they don't want to damage his fragile little mind.  This guy is a veteran in his 3rd F**King year.  What a Joke!  Brady was about to win his 2nd Super Bowl in his 3rd year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

" how quickly you guys forget that he outplayed our beloved QB on our home turf last January....." A fair point. However we didn't much pressure on him either, and it seems BB is finally conceding that this matters if we are going to beat the Jets. Expect a different story this year
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Not a fair point. It was not the QB play that made the difference. It was line play, defensive game planning v offensive game planning (ie. Ryan out game planned BB), dropped passes and critical mistakes, etc. If you take the quality of play by the two QBs and swapped them for each other the Jets would have killed the Pats by a lot more than they did and the Pats O would likely have not scored a point.

Bottom line is the Jets TEAM out  played the Pats but the Pats were not overshadowed at QB - even if Brady did have an underperforming game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game : Not a fair point. It was not the QB play that made the difference. It was line play, defensive game planning v offensive game planning (ie. Ryan out game planned BB), dropped passes and critical mistakes, etc. If you take the quality of play by the two QBs and swapped them for each other the Jets would have killed the Pats by a lot more than they did and the Pats O would likely have not scored a point. Bottom line is the Jets TEAM out  played the Pats but the Pats were not overshadowed at QB - even if Brady did have an underperforming game.
    Posted by portfolio1

Excellent post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nothing new

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

the jets seriously downgraded in the offseason. they are mostly all hype. where will their points come from? the offense stinks so does the qb. the defense is good but not good enough to carry their pathetic offense. the jets will be exposed this season and it will take good fortune to sneak in as a wild card team.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Other things I learned besides everything mentioned here was...

Rex Ryan's Laparascopic Gastric Bypass Surgery has worked just as good as his Super Bowl predictions have the last couple of years.  This looks like it has been a total fail.  Maybe he should get that lap-band adjusted a little tighter.

Brian Schottenheimer is a joke as a Offensive Coordinator.  Okay, I didn't really just learn that but it is still obvious.

That 85 Bears defense sure looks 26 years older out there.  Man, they have aged terribly.  What does that make their average age?  56, 60 years old now?

It might be time to pull the plug on the Sancheeze experiment.  Maybe they should have picked up Matt Leinart.  He looked like a beast against them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Actually I take it back - I only meant the part about what would happen if Sanchez and Brady were reversed was an excellent post.  Claiming that Rex Ryan outcoached BB is bullflop.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Actually I take it back - I only meant the part about what would happen if Sanchez and Brady were reversed was an excellent post.  Claiming that Rex Ryan outcoached BB is bullflop.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Huh? What? It's a fact.. Rex Ryan outcoached BB.  It hurts to say it, let alone admit it but it's true.  That game was not one of BB's best. The team looked unprepared that day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

Mole cannon! lmfao

Sections
Shortcuts