What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game

Sanchez still can't throw a ball beyound 5 yards.  He is King Dink.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game

Vlad Ducasse has given up 2 sacks as of 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

they want the balll out of his hand quick-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Yes Sanchez can throw the slant if it's there but that's about it. If they can't get it done against this D it may be a long year for him. I was hoping to see a decent game and we ended up with a pile of trash. Maybe the backups will be more entertaining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

if they have single coverage on the outside they let him throw it up for grabs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game:
    [QUOTE]if they have single coverage on the outside they let him throw it up for grabs
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This is just another preseason game and the Jets still sux!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

McElroy looks decent ....against Texans 2nd and third stringers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

One possible remedy for Sanchez is to always throw 5 yard passes.  If he throws quickly he's not feeling pressure, but when he feels the pressure he folds like origami.

Two drives, two sacks, three points (but that drive started at the Houston 41). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pete Prisco 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: What I learned from 1st QTR of Jets Game:
    [QUOTE]One possible remedy for Sanchez is to always throw 5 yard passes.  If he throws quickly he's not feeling pressure, but when he feels the pressure he folds like origami. Two drives, two sacks, three points (but that drive started at the Houston 41). 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

This is true.  I'm thinkin', just to help Sanchez out, maybe Rex can get his hands on some local Pop Warner Playbook, where there's just 2 or 3 pass plays...  And that's IF you have just a stellar 11 year old QB, showin' some serious stuff, like he ALREADY has got the arm of a 13 and a half year old; I'm not sure w/ Sanchez...Buuut, I'm willin' ta give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.  Anyway, 5 yards MAX (any further, and arm strength'll be an issue)...2 receivers=3 Pass plays (we don't wanna get Sanchez in over his head).  We do this, & overall, Jets Offense'll be fine.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Oh man, I pray the Jets can do this...pleeeease.  ANY way or false feeling about how fantastic they are, when the game's don't mean sh#t...PLEASE, give NY more & more ridiculously absurd sense of self-worth, they so crave!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yes, YES, Y-E-S!!!  C'mon False sense of Ultimate & Fantastic Triumph for ol' SUPER-TEAM New York!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Arrrgh!  Maaan, can't Goodell call like he did on that last Texans TD, and make the Officials reverse the call of it bein' either a TD or the ball down at the 1 inch line...(I enjoyed it goin' back a full yard, to the Jets 1).  Please, Just 1 more shot for NY, c'mooon.  Roger?  I know that for some reason Mark Sanchez threw the ball 16 yards past the LOS to a completely covered wr who was now, 12 feet away from Sanchez...  Pass Interference?  1 more shot?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

I'm good Rex said so....repeat to self
    I'm good Rex said so....repeat to self

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 3:  Quarterback Mark Sanchez #6 of the New York Jets looks on from the sideline during the NFL preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Giants Stadium on September 3, 2009 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. <br /><br /><span class="help" />(Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)</span />who is talking to Mark?
    Loyalty3.jpg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Loyalty3.jpg

Wait just ONE minute!  I know who this guy IS...he tried to sell me on a credit card!  Said if I bought one, they wouldn't "Re-program him"...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

PEGGY!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Jets are still having to continue to build Sancheezes confidence and didn't want him to look bad so they gave him all the short pass plays.  Then once he couldn't score in the red zone they pulled him in order to save face and not cause concern amongst jets fans.  Man, their O line looked like crap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I learned that their O-Line isn't what it's been in the past and I see them having a really difficult time running it with success this year. I could see LT not making this season due to injury.

I learned that without guys like Smith, Edwards and Cotchery, Sanchez will have to develop new relationships.

I saw that the D line is young and has a long way to go with a short time to get there. Rex was literally out on the field....red faced.....whipping his headset on the ground......bull sh-t mad at the d-line for a lack of communication.

My thoughts are this team has done a great job over the past couple years with signing big time FA's and making it work. They went for it and almost pulled it off, they got close two years in a row but now it's time to sign the checks and they just aren't able to do it.
    I predicted a metdown last year and it didn't happen. I was wrong, they were able to keep it together and had a great year. Now......they've lost a lot of key players that made that team run and we'll see how they do rebuilding on the fly.

My Prediction............PAIN

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

how quickly you guys forget that he outplayed our beloved QB on our home turf last January.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's not Sanchez's fault. He's still over stimulated from going to the Bieber concert. Thoughts of Bieber were still dancing in his head

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"Jets – Three Things of Note
    ● The Jets’ plans on offense were clear: a quick passing game, and they ran it very effectively. Mark Sanchez threw the ball seven times, resulting in six completions and one pass dropped by backup tight end Matthew Mulligan. While most of the passes I would expected any quarterback to be able to make, a few were more impressive and better than I’m used to seeing from Sanchez. The Jets also made it a point to get Derrick Mason involved, and on three passes Mason had 21 yards. It’s worth noting this success was against a Texans secondary that was one of the worst in the league last season and without free agent newcomer Johnathan Joseph. It’s also worth noting that the only completions the first team offense had were to Shonn Greene, Santonio Holmes and Derrick Mason. No targets for any backup wide receivers or starting tight end Dustin Keller.
    ● The biggest change for the Jets’ defense coming into 2011 is the addition of first round pick Muhammad Wilkerson combined with the loss of Shaun Ellis. The Jets already have arguably the best 3-4 defensive line-mates in Mike Devito and Sione Pouha. On the six run plays against the first-team offense, the Jets limited the Texans to just 13 yards, with one of those ending with a tackle by the rookie and another stop coming from Devito. While the run defense looked as good as ever, the pass rush was an issue and could be during the 2011 season. Last year, by far the best pass rushers were Ellis and Trevor Pryce who is also gone now. Other than on the first drive where Josh Mauga came in unblocked, the Jets were not able to get to Schaub.
    ● The biggest weakness on the Jets offense could very well be it’s right tackle Wayne Hunter. I had thought we might see Mario Williams get the best of Hunter on a few plays. That didn’t happen, but this is likely just as much due to the Jets game plan as it was Williams’ play. Both center Nick Mangold and right guard Brandon Moore sat this one out, so the Jets offensive line had the potential to be gashed. In an effort to limit QB damage, they opted for quick passes for the most and kept Sanchez clean. It worked against the Texans, but going forward, they’ll surely need time to throw and Hunter could be exposed."

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/16/first-impressions-jets-texans/

25. This post has been removed.