What I Like ABout The Future Of The Pats Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

What I Like ABout The Future Of The Pats Team

If you vote please add a comment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: What I Like ABout The Future Of The Pats Team

OK. We are all upset, frustrated... maybe not shell shocked the way we were after going 16-0 but this is bad and maybe a touch worse as it was that same team!

But think of it this way: The Pats teams that won three SBs under BB were very different teams. Different personnel, different D and O schemes. Even different coaching staff aside from BB and DS. This is a new Pats team (though still under TBs leadership). They started building this team in large part two years ago with the draft of Volmer, Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes. In this short time they have won the division twice and made it to the SB. Except for QB and WR they are younger, becoming a very physical team that can change shape, adjust, match up and dominant in a number of ways. Add a couple of playmakers to the edge of the D and maybe upgrade the Branch WR spot and you might very well have a team that can dominate for a few years. It is possible that we could see one or two or even three SBs out of this NEW Pats team.

And think about this. By building the team the way BB is the heir to TB will not need to be TB. He will need to be good. He will need to be a BB disciple. But he wont need to be TB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

The Patriots need to upgrade their talent on defense and at wide receiver (excluding tight end). They need to use all of their 2012  draft picks and utililize free agency to add a safety, corner, wide receiver and pass rusher. 

I am amazed this current team made it to the superbowl based on their overall talent   They were a good team no doubt but they clearly had some major holes in certain position. BB is easily the best coach in the game when it comes to scheme, game management and demanding intelligence and mistake free football but I hope he makes a commitment to fixing this roster in the places that I mentioned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Of course I'm disappointed with last nights results.  However, I voted for all of the above.  

As others have said, the Pats have been rebuilding.  All the way through week 14, most were saying that the Pats can't win with this defense as they were making QB's like Rex Grossman look like John Unitas.  But all and all, last night's loss was a team loss and the Defense showed up to play (that long pass in the last series was almost impossible to defend).  If any of one or two plays had been successful we would have won instead of a lost.  

This was also a 4 Point Loss.  Hearing some people talk, it was like the Giants killed the Pats and that didn't happen.   As far as Brady making mistakes, the worst one was the first play of the game when he threw out of the end zone for a safety.  As smart as he is he should have known where he was and should have tried to get out of the pocket, or run forward to get out of the end zone, throw it at the feet of a defender near an eligible receiver or just about anything other than what he did.  

That 2 points was a killer at the end.  Whatever.  It's over now and it's on to the draft.  

But one of the best things of being a New England/Boston Fan, is that after a horrendus start, the Celtics have come to life and Spring Training is just around the corner for the Red Sox.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I voted for the running backs. Brady can't do it all nor should he. Watch in amazement next season as Belichick and McDaniels unleash Vereen and Ridley on their unsuspecting opponents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The TEs are the only young players who are truly elite. I have a lot of optimism about the young RBs, but they are not their yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

All the above. Offense and defense have their issues, but I'm sure BB is working right now to address them.

TB needs better vertical weapons and be more clutch like the old days, defense needs d-line and secondary help.

I think they can make it back to SB next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm not sure I would agree about the Pats D being elite.  32nd overall in the regular season is far from elite, it's the worse.  

The fact is Brady is carrying this team!  Without Brady the Pats would be the Colts.  There are alot of holes to fill on this team, they need a deep threat WR, D Lineman, and a much better secondary.  I don't think they can solve these issues in just one offeseason.  Their best best is to surround Brady with some legitimate outside WR that can stretch the field.  Lucky the TE position is solid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

In Response to Re: What I Like ABout The Future Of The Pats Team:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure I would agree about the Pats D being elite.  32nd overall in the regular season is far from elite, it's the worse.   The fact is Brady is carrying this team!  Without Brady the Pats would be the Colts.  There are alot of holes to fill on this team, they need a deep threat WR, D Lineman, and a much better secondary.  I don't think they can solve these issues in just one offeseason.  Their best best is to surround Brady with some legitimate outside WR that can stretch the field.  Lucky the TE position is solid.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I thought bellichik had already proven that without brady the pats are still a good team. Remember the whole 2008 year? I'm not saying manning is better than brady (because he's not), but bellichick is good enogh that it doesnt matter how crappy the team is, with him around the pats will always win at least 11 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I object to the repeated use of the word elite in this poll. The o-line is not elite. It is good. Of the defensive players you named, only Wilfork is even close to elite. Mayo and Spikes have potential, but both need to be more consistent especially versus the passes (have you ever seen Ray Lewis look totally lost the way Mayo was on the Cruz TD?).  Chung is nowhere even close to elite. He is maybe in the top half of the NFL as a Strong Safety. Maybe. 

You are overrating your own guys.

You need to look up elite in the dictionary...

e·lite

[ih-leet, ey-leet]
    adjective
    representing the most choice or select;

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

[QUOTE]I object to the repeated use of the word elite in this poll. The o-line is not elite. It is good. Of the defensive players you named, only Wilfork is even close to elite. Mayo and Spikes have potential, but both need to be more consistent especially versus the passes (have you ever seen Ray Lewis look totally lost the way Mayo was on the Cruz TD?).  Chung is nowhere even close to elite. He is maybe in the top half of the NFL as a Strong Safety. Maybe.  You are overrating your own guys. You need to look up elite in the dictionary... e·lite   [ ih- leet ,   ey- leet ] adjective representing   the   most   choice   or   select;
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

I agree that no part of the defense (with the exception of wilfork, and maybe andre carter) is elite, but they dont have to be. the defense in 07' certaintly wasnt elite, but they didnt have to be either. From what i've seen all the pats need defensivly is to learn how to not give up a game winning touchdown in the last 2 minutes of every big game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

"Elite" to me is best of the best.....
    WE have a few but I'm more jacked up about what's coming up and developing into the "very good" status and how they meld  as a unit....

Let's not forget the veterans and who might want to join from elsewhere...

It's still a TEAM sport and this one will be a wiser, craftier bunch to be sure.

Oh an would someone please send choclates to Andre Carter for Valentines Day

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]"Elite" to me is best of the best..... WE have a few but I'm more jacked up about what's coming up and developing into the "very good" status and how they meld  as a unit.... Let's not forget the veterans and who might want to join from elsewhere... It's still a TEAM sport and this one will be a wiser, craftier bunch to be sure. Oh an would someone please send choclates to Andre Carter for Valentines Day
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]

I think they have a lot of young potential. I think if Mayo and Spikes can figure out the passing game they could both be top LBs. As for Chung I do not think he will ever an "elite" SS. He is not that awesome of a tackler and he does not have inate pass coverage skills. 

I am not so sure he there are all these veterans are pounding on the doors of Foxboro to come play for the Pats. They got Carter and Anderson because no one else was really offering them anything better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Need:
    one stud on D
    one stud on O