What I Loved About Today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

What I Loved About Today...

Obviously the win itself makes me happy, but I loved the way that the team reacted coming out of half-time.

The team had played poorly in the first half, squandered multiple opportunities, and shot themselves in the foot a ton - VERY similar to the past playoff losses. The offense looked dull and the execution was poor. The offensive-line was struggling, Brady was getting hit and didn't look sharp, and overall things were subpar.

But as opposed to making minimal half-time adjustments and continuing the poor play (as they did in the playoffs), they made adjustments, and ratcheted up the intensity and the level of execution was much improved.

It was strikingly similar to the past playoff losses, but they reacted to adversity in a positive way this time, as opposed to caving in the face of trouble.

Hopefully they've turned over a new leaf.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: What I Loved About Today...

I thought the defense came up big.  It was obvious we missed hernandez a bit, and he wasn't quite ready today.  Nice that Branch and Ocho got some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to What I Loved About Today...:
    [QUOTE]Obviously the win itself makes me happy, but I loved the way that the team reacted coming out of half-time. The team had played poorly in the first half, squandered multiple opportunities, and shot themselves in the foot a ton - VERY similar to the past playoff losses. The offense looked dull and the execution was poor. The offensive-line was struggling, Brady was getting hit and didn't look sharp, and overall things were subpar. But as opposed to making minimal half-time adjustments and continuing the poor play (as they did in the playoffs), they made adjustments, and ratcheted up the intensity and the level of execution was much improved. It was strikingly similar to the past playoff losses, but they reacted to adversity in a positive way this time, as opposed to caving in the face of trouble. Hopefully they've turned over a new leaf.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

V....agreed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They also won two challenges, the Jets made the big mistakes (not them) and got special teams plays when they needed them, and had a killer clock killing drive instead of run for 1, run for 2, incomplete pass, punt, that we have seen in the past.

Outside of the short field after the KR for 88 yards, the defense did it's job and actually generated pressure (ok, that second to last Jests drive had me worried, lol). All in all .... it was wierdly redolent of the Super Bowl years.

I can't wait to see this defense when everyone is healthy. It looks like they get much better pressure with Haynesworth on the line, just judging from how the "D" looked in weeks one, two and five. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to What I Loved About Today...:
    [QUOTE]Obviously the win itself makes me happy, but I loved the way that the team reacted coming out of half-time. The team had played poorly in the first half, squandered multiple opportunities, and shot themselves in the foot a ton - VERY similar to the past playoff losses. The offense looked dull and the execution was poor. The offensive-line was struggling, Brady was getting hit and didn't look sharp, and overall things were subpar. But as opposed to making minimal half-time adjustments and continuing the poor play (as they did in the playoffs), they made adjustments, and ratcheted up the intensity and the level of execution was much improved. It was strikingly similar to the past playoff losses, but they reacted to adversity in a positive way this time, as opposed to caving in the face of trouble. Hopefully they've turned over a new leaf.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    Good call, vertigho. They brought it for the whole game today. I think it was the seasons best to date. A few mistakes, yes, but they never let up, never hung their heads and kept bringing it. Proud of 'em !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The best day ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OarO0ZPfA&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Yeah...they came out with a purpose in the 2nd half...the lines played alot better...haynesworth DID muscle up at the right times...the Jets D looks human this year, they are good, but not like last year at all...hope THAT keeps up!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today...:
    [QUOTE]...It looks like they get much better pressure with Haynesworth on the line, just judging from how the "D" looked in weeks one, two and five. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

just a reminder of the old saying that it all starts up in the trenches. this tells us that we need someone like haynesworth all the time next to vw. can you imagine what that pair would have looked like even four years ago?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

yes they played much better second half. don't know what bb said to them but am glad they listened. Go Pats. Looking for you to beat Dallas too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]The best day ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OarO0ZPfA&feature=related
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Damn ! You got me, tcal. I actually clicked on that thing.  lol !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The best day ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OarO0ZPfA&feature=related
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Here ya go t~ (one'a my favorites)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHDD-oJbVk

then...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJru1bpxzFg

then...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DC2xc_Zul8&feature=related

then...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3gRF_QHSM

then...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70jXA7BKe-Y&feature=related

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The hurry up offense changed the game in the second half in the Pats favor. Still gave up touchdowns too easy today though. And the dropped passed intercpetion really was a buzz kill. They did enough against a team not playing so well right now, but they really need to address the defensive issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

For me, it was a very disappointing game by the secondary, as Vince "the Vacuum" failed to make an interception.  :)

Actually, my only complaints with today's game was we only had one sack we got that last play of the game.  And the coverage on special teams wasn't steller.

But the D line is looking better.  A little more pressure on the pass plays, our secondary may start looking respectable. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

The next one in NY is going to be very tough. You have to love the determination they had to run the ball. They kept at it and they seriously tired out the defense with those long drives and then keeping the same guys on the field with the no huddle. 

The game did come down to a couple key plays that may not have gone their way in NY but I love putting the Jets into an even bigger hole. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]The hurry up offense changed the game in the second half in the Pats favor. Still gave up touchdowns too easy today though. And the dropped passed interception really was a buzz kill. They did enough against a team not playing so well right now, but they really need to address the defensive issues.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Do you or anybody have an explanation or rationale as to why Tom would let the clock run all the way down which allowed the Jet's defense to pin their ears back?

I can see letting it run down, but mix up, sometimes, 2, 3 or 4 seconds.

Am I missing something in the strategy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today... : Here ya go t~ (one'a my favorites)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHDD-oJbVk then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJru1bpxzFg then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DC2xc_Zul8&feature=related then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3gRF_QHSM then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70jXA7BKe-Y&feature=related
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz, Buffalo Soldier is hilarious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Positives:

(1) I think the veterans they added on the D-Line have brought poise in close games and pressure situations.  Glad to see AH back.  In his role, stats aren't going to matter, except GP and GS.

(2) O'Brien put more focus on Gronk as a pass target in the 2nd half.  He was an impossible match-up for the Jets. He got them 3 first downs on a TD drive (2 on 3rd downs).

(3) No serious injuries that I've heard of (crossing fingers)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welker goes for 5/124. Revis island not quite as lonely as it once was, I'd say the dang place is getting crowded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

The D was good 2-nite. If they continue to improve, we have a hell of a shot at getting to the big dance.  Really liked the play of Carter and Spikes today.  Did Ras-I play? 

I agree with the fellow that has stated that a healthy Ras-I and Leigh B will make a big difference.  IMO Boddens play is attributable to not being 100%  Give the guy a chance to get healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today... : Laz, Buffalo Soldier is hilarious.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Dude the Buffalo Soldier part had me dying...  Tcal, Been diggin' American Dad lately too, this show has come into it's own big-time (better even than Family Guy right now imo).  Been hatin' network sitcoms, b/c they've been garbage for so long, But my brother turned me on to "It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia."  THIS show, is IN-sane.  Speaks directly to Us Gen X'er types now just into our late 20's to mid 30's.  I freakin' LUV this show.  It's pretty much us cynical, neurotic, and totally vagrant baby-boomer kids, who've grown up just WANTING to do by and large, the right, conscientious thing overall...  But, we're such total vagrants and so utterly cynical regarding the "peace, love, and happiness" total hypocrisy of our elders, and the pure imbec!lic "Bling Generation" coming up after gen x'ers (see "Jersey Shore" kids as the only needed example), that we just don't give a sh#t breaking every social norm (and then some) in order to achieve some perceived "good" goal.  

This to me, sums up the show (and our gen) to a "T".       

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]The next one in NY is going to be very tough. You have to love the determination they had to run the ball. They kept at it and they seriously tired out the defense with those long drives and then keeping the same guys on the field with the no huddle.  The game did come down to a couple key plays that may not have gone their way in NY but I love putting the Jets into an even bigger hole. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Hope the Pats win that one too. If they do, it might help keep the Jests out of the playoffs. But I can tolerate losing that one as long as we can win the division and hold a number one seed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

What was great today is that the run game(which really means Law Firm) took the game on its shoulders when the passing offense started ending up in sack after sack. Plus Hernandez's "tipped ball" INT which was Bradys first ever in his career....UGHHHH.

Does anybody else see the correlation between running the football and helping the defense stay fresh and make plays? I think we are starting to figure out we can run the ball and still score 30 plus points a game. We need to get smash mouth back and shed the finesse label. Our team will benefit the most from better utilizing the run game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]What was great today is that the run game(which really means Law Firm) took the game on its shoulders when the passing offense started ending up in sack after sack. Plus Hernandez's "tipped ball" INT which was Bradys first ever in his career....UGHHHH. Does anybody else see the correlation between running the football and helping the defense stay fresh and make plays? I think we are starting to figure out we can run the ball and still score 30 plus points a game. We need to get smash mouth back and shed the finesse label. Our team will benefit the most from better utilizing the run game.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I for one do not see any correlation. Time of posession is more important than running the ball for the defense to get rest. The defense played good today, much better in the first half so I do not believe it had anything to do with passing numbers. The Pats defense got a 3 and out before the Pats ran the ball once. The Pats passing game was outstanding today except for 3 horrific drops by the recievers which all killed drives. Green Ellis had almost 60 yards on the final drive so the pass offense was the primary mover for most of the day. The excellant pass offense openned up the run game as time went on. Statistically the defense played worse as the Pats ran it more. The no huddle was effective  for moving the ball again and lead to a touchdown. The Pats ran it a lot the week before but lost the time of posession game and the defense played much worse. The pats ran the ball well in 2010 (they were a top 10 rushing attack in 2010 which no one remembers) and they are running the ball well this year but do not be fooled. Brady gets opennings for Green Ellis with his passing ability. Green Ellis does his job very well (a lot of people here wanted him benched for Ridley) but he is not the player defenses key on in their game plans.  If the defense plays well the Pats are unstoppable because the Pats offense struggles maybe 2 or 3 times a year. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today... :   I for one do not see any correlation. Time of posession is more important than running the ball for the defense to get rest.T.O.P and running the ball go hand in hand, as does our controlled passing game, what running the ball does is pushed the defensive line back and forces more defenders to chase a rb. Makes a defense tired and is discouraging as it was for us when the Jets ran it down our throats for a 8 minute drive.

The defense played good today, much better in the first half so I do not believe it had anything to do with passing numbers. The Pats defense got a 3 and out before the Pats ran the ball once. The Pats passing game was outstanding today except for 3 horrific drops by the recievers which all killed drives. Green Ellis had almost 60 yards on the final drive so the pass offense was the primary mover for most of the day.Interesting you see it that way, I saw Green Ellis cram it down the Jets throats for 30 yards and 6 carries for a td on our 2nd drive. This stayed with the jets all game, as committing to the run helped open up single coverage in the passing game. If the run hadn't helped bail out multiple sacks then we would have lost this game.

The excellant pass offense openned up the run game as time went on. Statistically the defense played worse as the Pats ran it more.So first you say BJGE had 60 yards on the final drive and the pass offense moved the ball all day but then it was the run that caused the Pats defense to "statistically worsen"???

The no huddle was effective  for moving the ball again and lead to a touchdown. The Pats ran it a lot the week before but lost the time of posession game and the defense played much worse. The pats ran the ball well in 2010 (they were a top 10 rushing attack in 2010 which no one remembers)Another attribute of having the best QB in the game is that we play with a lead often, which pads run stats. Are you trying to deny that the inability to run the ball has hurt this offense especially come playoff time for the past 5 years?,

and they are running the ball well this year but do not be fooled. Brady gets opennings for Green Ellis with his passing ability. Of course Brady opens things up for the run game. THAT IS THE POINT. No defense will ever commit to stopping our running game. it will always be there as long as we are not predictable. Heavy shotgun use and 2-1 pass to run ratio is predictable and hurts our defense by putting them back on the field too soon.

Green Ellis does his job very well (a lot of people here wanted him benched for Ridley) but he is not the player defenses key on in their game plans.  If the defense plays well the Pats are unstoppable because the Pats offense struggles maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  Those 2 or 3 times are when we our offense is predictable. This team is built around Brady now, when we win the majority of the time it will be because the offense is balanced and unpredictable. Then you can't stop us even if our defense continues its struggles.

The passing game is great but without a consistent rushing attack we are one dimensional, and we have proven we cannot sin a Superbowl by being one dimensional.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]