What I Loved About Today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: What I Loved About Today...

In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today...:
    In Response to Re: What I Loved About Today... :
    Posted by TrueChamp

I never claim the rushing attack is unimportant. On the contrary I worry about Brady getting injured throwing too much. I argue that Brady opens the running game for Green Ellis so the Pats should be a pass first offense if possible. I argue that defensive skill has nothing to do with the Pats running the ball. In 2003 the Pats had the best defense and one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL that year (therfore no correlation). Last year the Pats had one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL (top 10 at least) but it did not help get any pressure on Sanchez in the playoff game. Rushing the ball is great but the Pats had a much better rushing game than the Packers did last year and it did not stop the Packers from winning the Super Bowl. I love the Pats running the ball if it leads to scores. I could care less about how the Pats win as long as they win, but if you are going to argue the defense played better because Green Ellis played good you need to show me evidence. The rushing attack was excellant but so was the passing attack. The Jets game planned to stop Brady, they failed, so Green Ellis had room and did very good. If Brady stunk today and Ellis was good and the Pats still won maybe you would have a point about the running game making the defense play better but you will never convince me a Pats defensive back blows a coverage because Brady just threw a touchdown pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Re: What I Loved About Today...

I'm not a huge BJGE fan, but I loved it that the Pats ran in down the Jets throats to ice the game. 

Sections
Shortcuts