what I saw and heard at summer camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what I saw and heard at summer camp

today I had the opportunity t get a pretty good first look at the OL players. what I saw and what some of the media members were saying

-Stork looked really good before he left. really good size, and what looks like good technique. not to pile on, but forget what the game program indicates, Wendell to the eye test is 285lbs. 

-I did see Stork walk off, and saw no evidence of injury

-Kline looks good. he used offseason well, got bigger and stronger

-Cannon showed up at G today. I cant see how he isnt the starter this year. he is mammoth, but nimble

-Halapio does not appear to be in great shape. not sure if that is how he always looks or not, but he was noticably a tick slower than the players mentioned. 

-Chandler Jones looks ready to start the season today

-Wil Smith looks ready, healthy and also faster than I expected. whomever said he cant play DE on this defense is wrong

-Kelley back in pads, limited in practice. look forward to seeing him in action

-crowd was very worked up in the WR drills. was told today was Edelmans turn to shine. did not see for myself any of the plays, but the crowd loved it

-Boyce was on KR today and looks really fast. 

-Dobson sounds like he will be back in about 2 weeks. 

-the gossip regarding the RB claimed from the Panthers was more BB being BB than a coup for next years roster. most said the injury was not that severe, and openly wondered why the Panthers didnt simply keep him until cut down day, or why no other team claimed him? I heard he was in camp today, but I dont know his number yet and did not notice him

-lots of people on the field today that werent coaches, but had media around them. I only could pick out RK and Charlie Weis. Weis looks good. WOnder if he met with any of the offensive coaches?

-Bolden I was specifically watching. He did not get a lot of snaps. not sure if he is nicked up or not. 

-I have no gasoline to throw at the KT fire of "should he or shouldnt he" discussion. didnt watch him today

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: what I saw and heard at summer camp

guess we find out next year. most in the media thought his signing was a yawn

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

lets see now...listen to guys who do this for a living or listen to you who has consistently been wrong about everything. seems like a no brainer  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

lets see now...listen to guys who do this for a living or listen to you who has consistently been wrong about everything. seems like a no brainer  

Consistently wrong about everything? Who called the Kelly signing last year? Who knew the Raiders cap hell and how he would be available?

How about consistently RIGHT about everything?  How about me nailing the media lying outright about the amount of Hern texts just recently? Yep. I called that one, too.  I am 3-0 vs you in bets to support that idea, as well, witnessed by everyone here. 

I use logic, rational though and look for patterns before making a deduction. You throw dung at the wall and try to name drop to get a ego stroke here as a leader of the male groupies. It's clearly beyond awkward. 

I don't know who your sources specifically are, but I can guarantee you this: I know as much or more than all of them, including the history of this league and the sport itself. You can go ahead and book that one.

please look in the mirror, and self ban yourself for being a fool

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I use logic, rational though and look for patterns before making a deduction."

Your anger towards Brady and love for Belichick are anything but rational. That's ok, none of us are totally rational about the Pats, that why we're fans here. 

One tip about rational argumentation - if you want to make an intellectually sound argument, don't emotionalize it with name calling. Emotionalizing an argument undermines its intellectual validity and betrays an insecurity in that argument. No one calls people demeaning names in here more than you. That's not rational argumentation. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The Panthers tried to get cute with Gaffney. I would not be shocked at all if the Pats had Gaffney on their board later in the draft.

BB was quick to pounce.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Quick to pounce?  He has the same 48 hours as every one else and wouldn't have gotten him if the other 27 teams before him put in a claim.  Guess no one did.

Congrats on meltdown # 3 in rkarps post.

keep up the lies and defaming your own character though.  It's entertaining. and you are the joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

The Panthers tried to get cute with Gaffney. I would not be shocked at all if the Pats had Gaffney on their board later in the draft.

BB was quick to pounce.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Quick to pounce?  He has the same 48 hours as every one else and wouldn't have gotten him if the other 27 teams before him put in a claim.  Guess no one did.

thats what I said. all teams passed on him, including the team that drafted him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like how dumbo rusty claims "he called the Kelly signing last year", when all he did was applaud the signing like the rest of us. Make me laugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB was quick to pounce.

[object HTMLDivElement]

thats what I said. all teams passed on him, including the team that drafted him. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I know.  The psycho has to search for reasons to defend his beebee, even though it's not true.

Sick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

today I had the opportunity t get a pretty good first look at the OL players. what I saw and what some of the media members were saying

-Stork looked really good before he left. really good size, and what looks like good technique. not to pile on, but forget what the game program indicates, Wendell to the eye test is 285lbs. 

-Cannon showed up at G today. I cant see how he isnt the starter this year. he is mammoth, but nimble

-Halapio does not appear to be in great shape. not sure if that is how he always looks or not, but he was noticably a tick slower than the players mentioned. 

-Wil Smith looks ready, healthy and also faster than I expected. whomever said he cant play DE on this defense is wrong

-crowd was very worked up in the WR drills. was told today was Edelmans turn to shine. did not see for myself any of the plays, but the crowd loved it

-the gossip regarding the RB claimed from the Panthers was more BB being BB than a coup for next years roster. most said the injury was not that severe, and openly wondered why the Panthers didnt simply keep him until cut down day, or why no other team claimed him? I heard he was in camp today, but I dont know his number yet and did not notice him

-lots of people on the field today that werent coaches, but had media around them. I only could pick out RK and Charlie Weis. Weis looks good. WOnder if he met with any of the offensive coaches?

-Bolden I was specifically watching. He did not get a lot of snaps. not sure if he is nicked up or not. 

-I have no gasoline to throw at the KT fire of "should he or shouldnt he" discussion. didnt watch him today

Nice to hear Stork might of avoided a serious injury...let's hope anyway.

And it's great to hear Smith looks good, personally I didn't think he would make it out of camp for us...glad I'm wrong, it would be great if he could help us. He was a very good player.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB was quick to pounce.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Congrats on meltdown # 3 in rkarps post.

keep up the lies and defaming your own character though.  It's entertaining. and you are the joke.

Yes, quick to pounce.  They obviously liked something about him form their scouting.  If he had cleared waivers, he's still in Carolina, dummy.

[object HTMLDivElement]

48 hours, the same as EVERY SINGLE TEAM.  No one wanted him.  The Panthers didn't have to put him on IR. Get it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I like how dumbo rusty claims "he called the Kelly signing last year", when all he did was applaud the signing like the rest of us. Make me laugh.

False. I called it. FALSE

Ask Shizzles, your buddy. He even had the stones to come forward and be genuine for once and say I deserved kudos for calling it.

I am sure others remember this as well and can vouch for it.

Calling it? What does that mean exactly? Does it mean you - like everyone else - read potential cut lists before free agency started and knew (like the rest of the world) that Kelly would be cut. Or did you "call" that he would be a good pickup for us? Because either one is nothing to brag about...hate to break it to you.

Keep trying though! One of these days you won't make such a huge a$z out of yourself:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

rkarp, thanks for the on-site info. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

[/QUOTE]

How did Mankins look? All Pro or first tier gaurd?  After ten years of battle, it eventually catches up to everyone.

When  I saw the headline, I thought for sure you were going to tell us the campers were all singing: 'Hello mother, hello father here we are at camp Granada..... Maybe in a couple of weeks when the dog days of August arrive. Thanks for the update.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Ask Shizzles, your buddy. He even had the stones to come forward and be genuine for once and say I deserved kudos for calling it.

I am sure others remember this as well and can vouch for it.

Are you seriously posting here to (try) and claim some sort of twisted victory on a message board? What the heck is wrong with you? Are you 12? Is being right so important to you that you are here trying defend a claim that you knew a football fact? Do you actually think people care whether you made a prediction?

You seem to have this mission of trying to prove to everyone how smart you are, how you are always right, how you are some sort of superior football message board guy....but day after day, we are all sitting back and laughing at how truly pathetic you are.

Apparently growing up is just not in the cards for you Napoleon......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

you have to hand it to this guy Doug, or what ever his name is. he gets a daily beat down but still comes back for more. I like that grit, even though he is wrong every single day. how is it that some one is wrong on absolutely everything, yet thinks he right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Stork is definitely tall, Wendell is small.  Has Kline or anyone besides Wendell been playing center, how has Cave looked?  Keep a lookout on the punt unit, has he been long snapping?

Cannon has a contract negotiation coming up soon, it would be smart to use him at guard, not only because he's a monster but it would be better to have him starting at guard than let him walk, the guy is too big to fail and has Pro Bowl potential.

I think Will Smith is our best defensive end after Chandler Jones, if healthy he provides more size and pass rushing talent than anyone else.

Boyce has to provide something in the way of special teams, he is likely the fastest guy on our teams and is strong, I'd like to see him returning kicks for a full season.

Hopefully Dobson will be back in two weeks, if the injury lingers it will be disappointing.

Good work buddy!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts