what I saw and heard at summer camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: what I saw and heard at summer camp

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ask Shizzles, your buddy. He even had the stones  to come forward and be genuine for once and say I deserved kudos for calling it.

I am sure others remember this as well and can vouch for it.

[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously posting here to (try) and claim some sort of twisted victory on a message board? What the heck is wrong with you? Are you 12? Is being right so important to you that you are here trying defend a claim that you knew a football fact? Do you actually think people care whether you made a prediction?

You seem to have this mission of trying to prove to everyone how smart you are, how you are always right, how you are some sort of superior football message board guy....but day after day, we are all sitting back and laughing at how truly pathetic you are.

Apparently growing up is just not in the cards for you Napoleon......

[/QUOTE]

Talk to rkrap.  He is the immature one denying he lost 3 bets with me.

The whole point of the bet is to get on record with witnesses and for the loser to be mature in defeat after being arrogant and wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Two more gleanings:

Edelman came into the Patriots wanting to be a quarterback, but he had to learn how to be a receiver.  A day or so ago he threw a pass.  I guess that with the free agent contract after a 105 reception season, BB has to make nice with him a bit.  He's going to throw a couple of passes this season.

Big heavy Josh Kline has been lining up as a goal line tight end.  He has nice lateral acceleration (3-cone numbers from his pro day) for an offensive lineman so he might actually get open some time.  He's going to catch a touchdown this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two more gleanings:

Edelman came into the Patriots wanting to be a quarterback, but he had to learn how to be a receiver.  A day or so ago he threw a pass.  I guess that with the free agent contract after a 105 reception season, BB has to make nice with him a bit.  He's going to throw a couple of passes this season.

Big heavy Josh Kline has been lining up as a goal line tight end.  He has nice lateral acceleration (3-cone numbers from his pro day) for an offensive lineman so he might actually get open some time.  He's going to catch a touchdown this season.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Interesting, this early in camp I try not to look to much into things, as BB likes to see all options, but does make you wonder how he feels about Jones (who would presumably be that GL TE target along with Gronk) if he's looking into OL who haven't caught a pass in half a decade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

@jeffphowe
    1-on-1 from 10-yard line: Revis vs. Edelman and Brady didn't even bother to make the throw.

@jeffphowe
    Brady and LaFell beat Revis on a perfect throw to corner of end zone on a later rep.

@jeffphowe
    Gronk participated in early-practice walkthrough. Still hasn't taken 1-on-1s but just took first rep in positional drills with Brady.

@jeffphowe
    1-on-1 from 10-yard line: Revis vs. Edelman and Brady didn't even bother to make the throw.

@MikeReiss
    Other absences at today's Patriots practice: TE Michael Hoomanawamui, LB Chris White, WR Josh Boyce (via @LeeSchechter).

@MikeGiardi
    Josh Boyce, who's spent time with the trainer every day, is not here at start of practice #patriotstalk

@MikeGiardi
    Dan Connolly back at practice. Dennard in pads for 2nd straight day. No Stork. #patriotstalk

@cpriceNFL
    Will say this--when Browner & KT went head to head and were woofing, KT didn't back down. #Patriots - this is one advantage of coming up in rough backround that I speak of

@MikeGiardi
    After a fast start to camp and continued praise, KT has had at least one bad drop in each of the last 3 practices #patriotstalk     _ I report the good AND bad.

Unimpressive day for Ryan Mallett in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s #patriotstalk

@MikeGiardi
    Lot of reps for Tommy Kelly. Say he's now officially a full go #patriotstalk

@shalisemyoung
    WR/DB 1-on1s - Thompkins and Browner each push each other on separate reps, jawing at one another #competition #Patriots

@MikeGiardi
    Browner yapped at O'Shea during the initial exchange #patriotstalk

@MikeGiardi
    DB coach Josh Boyer came to Browner ' aid, reminding O'Shea that KT can't push off either #patriotstalk

Apparantly this was a very physical practice with Browner and KT going at it hard and lots of shoving, not surprisingly Browner got the better of the matchup as KT seemed to struggle a bit after their exchange. One thing is for sure, Browner is gonna bring a new attitude to this D not seen in a while. I love it!

As much as Revis is gonna help, I say Browner is gonna effect the whole D. His Physical in your face style and propensity to be a Bully is gonna be contagious and make our whole D play harder and nastier. I cant wait till this guy can get on the field. It also makes our offense tougher(been an issue for a while) by having to go against these guys daily. By time we get to postseason we should have a much more physical offense because of it.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/07/these_patriots_have_made_early_impact_statements" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/07/these_patriots_have_made_early_impact_statements

highlights from article....

1. Tom Brady

Impact: Brady has been at the top of his game with his accuracy. He never lightens up, either, corralling his pass-catchers for extra side sessions during special teams periods and going through the route tree with Rob Gronkowski after a couple of workouts.

Eye-opener: Brady dropped four dimes into his receivers’ hands in the back corner of the end zone on Thursday. Julian Edelman, Kenbrell Thompkins, Danny Amendola and Michael Hoomanawanui were covered tightly, too, but Brady cracked the small window each time.

Skinny: Brady has a great chance to win his third MVP award if Gronkowski plays the majority of the season.

3. Julian Edelman

Impact: Edelman has been Brady’s go-to guy once again, especially in the two-minute offense. They’re on a different level together.

Eye-opener: Edelman caught three of Brady’s six completions during the hurry-up portion Saturday, including two against Revis.

Skinny: It seems improbable Edelman could catch 100 passes again because of Gronkowski’s return and the young receivers’ development, but Brady looks for him so much that it’s foolish to rule out another huge year.

4. Shane Vereen

Impact: Vereen catches everything out of the backfield, and his timing with Brady on sideline routes appears to be even better. He is an actual check-down weapon.

Eye-opener: Vereen made a leaping catch over linebacker James Anderson in the corner of the end zone.

Skinny: Vereen almost certainly won’t lead the Pats in carries, but he might lead running backs in snaps. With the fortune of good health, he’s a legitimate candidate to catch 70 passes this season.

5. Kenbrell Thompkins

Impact: Thompkins’ consistency really has improved in his second camp. Brady has admitted to developing a great deal of trust in him.

Eye-opener: Thompkins beat Revis on a crossing route in the back of the end zone for a touchdown during Friday’s practice, even overcoming a tug on the jersey.

Skinny: He’s making a hard push to be the No. 1 outside receiver.

7. Jamie Collins

Impact: Collins clearly bulked up this offseason with the intention of playing three downs, and he plays with a nice dose of nastiness.

Eye-opener: He has been unbeatable during one-on-one, semi-tackling drills, including a thumping he put on running back James White on Saturday.

Skinny: Collins was one of the Pats’ best defensive players down the stretch and will be an asset in coverage as well as with opportunistic blitzing. He’s a consensus breakout candidate.

9. Danny Amendola

Impact: Amendola has been a steady presence in the slot and has made a number of tough catches in tight spots. Healthy again, he looks like a quality slot target.

Eye-opener: Amendola beat Kyle Arrington on a deep post Friday, showing his speed when healthy.

Skinny: Last year at this time, Amendola looked like a legitimate 100-catch receiver. Then he got hurt. Take the good while it lasts, as Amendola’s injury history can’t be ignored.

10. James White

Impact: White has gotten a lot of quality reps with the first team and has shown some nice ability on the ground and in the passing game.

Eye-opener: White caught a pair of passes during Brady’s two-minute march Saturday. Earlier in the session, he split through the front seven on a nice run in 11-on-11s.

Skinny: White is often compared to Vereen, which is fair, but he will challenge Stevan Ridley for carries, too. White is primed for a lot of action as a rookie.

Nice things developing at camp. Despite some here saying he is on the bubble, KT seems primed for a breakout year. Meanwhile Boyce and Dobson continue to have foot problems.

Brady looks like he realizes what kind of opportunity they have this year and is trying to get guys to seize the moment. I just cant see the worries on offense. Our D is gonna be great, if we stay healthy, Brady has lots of options.

I expect a Big year from Collins. Maybe pro bowl. Vareen is primed for a big year if he plays 16 games. I think he is being pushed by White.

If Edleman can stay healthy another year, he may be Bradys favorite target even w/Gronk out there. Amendola should enjoy a year with less pressure to perform with improving WR corps.

Whats not to like?

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/07/these_patriots_have_made_early_impact_statements" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/07/these_patriots_have_made_early_impact_statements" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/07/these_patriots_have_made_early_impact_statements

highlights from article....

1. Tom Brady

Impact: Brady has been at the top of his game with his accuracy. He never lightens up, either, corralling his pass-catchers for extra side sessions during special teams periods and going through the route tree with Rob Gronkowski after a couple of workouts.

Eye-opener: Brady dropped four dimes into his receivers’ hands in the back corner of the end zone on Thursday. Julian Edelman, Kenbrell Thompkins, Danny Amendola and Michael Hoomanawanui were covered tightly, too, but Brady cracked the small window each time.

Skinny: Brady has a great chance to win his third MVP award if Gronkowski plays the majority of the season.

3. Julian Edelman

Impact: Edelman has been Brady’s go-to guy once again, especially in the two-minute offense. They’re on a different level together.

Eye-opener: Edelman caught three of Brady’s six completions during the hurry-up portion Saturday, including two against Revis.

Skinny: It seems improbable Edelman could catch 100 passes again because of Gronkowski’s return and the young receivers’ development, but Brady looks for him so much that it’s foolish to rule out another huge year.

4. Shane Vereen

Impact: Vereen catches everything out of the backfield, and his timing with Brady on sideline routes appears to be even better. He is an actual check-down weapon.

Eye-opener: Vereen made a leaping catch over linebacker James Anderson in the corner of the end zone.

Skinny: Vereen almost certainly won’t lead the Pats in carries, but he might lead running backs in snaps. With the fortune of good health, he’s a legitimate candidate to catch 70 passes this season.

5. Kenbrell Thompkins

Impact: Thompkins’ consistency really has improved in his second camp. Brady has admitted to developing a great deal of trust in him.

Eye-opener: Thompkins beat Revis on a crossing route in the back of the end zone for a touchdown during Friday’s practice, even overcoming a tug on the jersey.

Skinny: He’s making a hard push to be the No. 1 outside receiver.

7. Jamie Collins

Impact: Collins clearly bulked up this offseason with the intention of playing three downs, and he plays with a nice dose of nastiness.

Eye-opener: He has been unbeatable during one-on-one, semi-tackling drills, including a thumping he put on running back James White on Saturday.

Skinny: Collins was one of the Pats’ best defensive players down the stretch and will be an asset in coverage as well as with opportunistic blitzing. He’s a consensus breakout candidate.

9. Danny Amendola

Impact: Amendola has been a steady presence in the slot and has made a number of tough catches in tight spots. Healthy again, he looks like a quality slot target.

Eye-opener: Amendola beat Kyle Arrington on a deep post Friday, showing his speed when healthy.

Skinny: Last year at this time, Amendola looked like a legitimate 100-catch receiver. Then he got hurt. Take the good while it lasts, as Amendola’s injury history can’t be ignored.

10. James White

Impact: White has gotten a lot of quality reps with the first team and has shown some nice ability on the ground and in the passing game.

Eye-opener: White caught a pair of passes during Brady’s two-minute march Saturday. Earlier in the session, he split through the front seven on a nice run in 11-on-11s.

Skinny: White is often compared to Vereen, which is fair, but he will challenge Stevan Ridley for carries, too. White is primed for a lot of action as a rookie.

Nice things developing at camp. Despite some here saying he is on the bubble, KT seems primed for a breakout year. Meanwhile Boyce and Dobson continue to have foot problems.

Brady looks like he realizes what kind of opportunity they have this year and is trying to get guys to seize the moment. I just cant see the worries on offense. Our D is gonna be great, if we stay healthy, Brady has lots of options.

I expect a Big year from Collins. Maybe pro bowl. Vareen is primed for a big year if he plays 16 games. I think he is being pushed by White.

If Edleman can stay healthy another year, he may be Bradys favorite target even w/Gronk out there. Amendola should enjoy a year with less pressure to perform with improving WR corps.

Whats not to like?

[/QUOTE]

This team is loaded and deep at almost every position. Without question, this is one of the best built teams in all of the nfl.

Thanks again to bb.  For everything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Are you seriously posting here to (try) and claim some sort of twisted victory on a message board? What the heck is wrong with you? Are you 12? Is being right so important to you that you are here trying defend a claim that you knew a football fact? Do you actually think people care whether you made a prediction?

You seem to have this mission of trying to prove to everyone how smart you are, how you are always right, how you are some sort of superior football message board guy....but day after day, we are all sitting back and laughing at how truly pathetic you are.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is seriously why he posts here. That and to worship the coach.

This is the same guy that bragged about picking 3 out of 4 games right on Wildcard weekend. He clearly has some problems...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Loving what I'm hearing so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is seriously why he posts here. That and to worship the coach.

This is the same guy that bragged about picking 3 out of 4 games right on Wildcard weekend. He clearly has some problems...

[/QUOTE]

Says a jets fan who is so jealous of  pats fans, he creates numerous board names to have conversations with himself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Seems that Browner was in KT's Ish all day and may have effected his game as several passes from Brady landed on the turf due to Browner breaking up the passes or a couple where KT just dropped it. This is gonna bode well later on. Learning how to play against these guys in practice is gonna pay off. Browner is probably the biggest CB in the league so going at him only makes it easier when you face a smaller guy on game day. He is making his presence felt similar to Rodney when he arrived trying to take guys head off.

This is all Great news IMO. Our D will be the strength of this team, no question. Been a while

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Seems that Browner was in KT's Ish all day and may have effected his game as several passes from Brady landed on the turf due to Browner breaking up the passes or a couple where KT just dropped it. This is gonna bode well later on. Learning how to play against these guys in practice is gonna pay off. Browner is probably the biggest CB in the league so going at him only makes it easier when you face a smaller guy on game day. He is making his presence felt similar to Rodney when he arrived trying to take guys head off.

This is all Great news IMO. Our D will be the strength of this team, no question. Been a while

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope it bodes well but don't forget that was one of the knocks about Thompkins last year. He couldn't get off the line and when punched in the face it completely threw him off his game to the point he was losing reps since he couldn't get open. If he can learn from this then this will go a long way towards turning him into the WR you think he can be. If he can't get over this hump though and he continues to lose battles in the first 5yrds, this and the drops could be the thing that sinks him.

Again hoping he turns into what you believe he is (as we need as many good WR's as possible) but this is one of the things mentioned when talking about his weaknesses last year and something he has to overcome in order to take that 2nd year leap forward to make the roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope it bodes well but don't forget that was one of the knocks about Thompkins last year. He couldn't get off the line and when punched in the face it completely threw him off his game to the point he was losing reps since he couldn't get open. If he can learn from this then this will go a long way towards turning him into the WR you think he can be. If he can't get over this hump though and he continues to lose battles in the first 5yrds, this and the drops could be the thing that sinks him.

Again hoping he turns into what you believe he is (as we need as many good WR's as possible) but this is one of the things mentioned when talking about his weaknesses last year and something he has to overcome in order to take that 2nd year leap forward to make the roster.

Meanwhile Dropson and Boyce arent on the field with their bad feet. I dont see how two guys who are on the pine and NOT making headlines can beat him out. Dobson, I love but he sure gets a pass here for a SECOND ROUND pick who dropped more balls as a rookie than anyone and was touted as having NO drops senior year. Noone talking bad of him but expect more from an UDFA??  Thats wierd.  

What Ive always contended though, is that KT is a gamer and just has the look of a NFL WR. He is a very good route runner and quick at the line and will win his share of matchups but going at Browner....He should lose that matchup most times. Browner threw Lafell to the ground one play at the LOS. He has been beating up on a few guys but KT is the only one seemingly who fought back. Now did this knock him off this game, sure but thats what camp is for. Getting better. I get that he isnt perfect but how you cant see he is ahead of Boyce/Dobson/Gallons, guys who are managing ailments is crazy.

Production over Potential. Its not good that he drops an easy pass every practice, what is good is that Brady is looking his way a lot.  At the end of the day, I dont care about offense. Honestly thats the last thing Im worried about. The D is gonna Win games this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

here is some more coverage of the physical exchange. It seems this practice was more physical due to the D giving up some balls on Tuesday so Browner in particular made a point to be more physical. let me add, Browner did not stone KT legally. Thats why the coached got involved. It was well past 5 yards.

Media members are not allowed to quote or paraphrase things that are said on the practice field during training camp, but Browner was visibly upset at O'Shea -- taking a few steps toward him -- and the two exchanged words as Browner's teammates intervened.

For Browner it was an up-and-down practice. Moments before his incident with O'Shea, he had been planted on the ground in the middle of a route by Kenbrell Thompkins. The next rep in which those two lined up across from each other, Browner shoved Thompkins down to the ground.

The emotional explosion that occurred later seemed to be the result of a buildup for Browner. Not only from those two plays with Thompkins, but others that took place earlier in camp during which Browner felt as though he had been beaten one-on-one.

"It was a physical one, man," Browner said after practice. "We gotta compete out here. I'm tired of giving up balls so I had to turn it up a little bit today."

He added: "Yesterday we gave up a few balls, let some of these guys off the line a little easy yesterday. That was my mentality going into this practice: To win. [Win] my one-on-one matchups and things like that."
    Browner was brought in having a reputation as a physical corner so his style of play likely comes as no surprise to any of his teammates or coaches. He said he believes if he plays that way, even if some may deem what he does outside of the rules, it will only make his offensive teammates better.

"It gets us both better," Browner said. "Guys on the other side of the ball, it's what [opponents are] going to do in guys in games. And it's what they're going to do to me in games . . . That's my style of play. Play aggressive. You don't want to cost your team any penalties, but we'll let the officials do their job."

Browner said he doesn't hope to get on the wrong side of his teammates, but he continued to drive home his point of emphasis: Physicality in practice plays a role.

"I need to be liked by my teammates," he said. "Those are the guys I'm gonna go to war with. But at the same time, I'm gonna be aggressive with those guys. It's going to make those guys better. And I hope they bring the same fire back at me."

Browner explained after practice that he and O'Shea reconciled and "hugged it out.".

"As a coach I gotta respect him," Browner said. "That's nothing I want to talk about or put on TV

This IMO should be a Welcome site to everyone. Havent seen it since Rodney left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

here is some more coverage of the physical exchange. It seems this practice was more physical due to the D giving up some balls on Tuesday so Browner in particular made a point to be more physical. let me add, Browner did not stone KT legally. Thats why the coached got involved. It was well past 5 yards.

Media members are not allowed to quote or paraphrase things that are said on the practice field during training camp, but Browner was visibly upset at O'Shea -- taking a few steps toward him -- and the two exchanged words as Browner's teammates intervened.

For Browner it was an up-and-down practice. Moments before his incident with O'Shea, he had been planted on the ground in the middle of a route by Kenbrell Thompkins. The next rep in which those two lined up across from each other, Browner shoved Thompkins down to the ground.

The emotional explosion that occurred later seemed to be the result of a buildup for Browner. Not only from those two plays with Thompkins, but others that took place earlier in camp during which Browner felt as though he had been beaten one-on-one.

"It was a physical one, man," Browner said after practice. "We gotta compete out here. I'm tired of giving up balls so I had to turn it up a little bit today."

He added: "Yesterday we gave up a few balls, let some of these guys off the line a little easy yesterday. That was my mentality going into this practice: To win. [Win] my one-on-one matchups and things like that."
    Browner was brought in having a reputation as a physical corner so his style of play likely comes as no surprise to any of his teammates or coaches. He said he believes if he plays that way, even if some may deem what he does outside of the rules, it will only make his offensive teammates better.

"It gets us both better," Browner said. "Guys on the other side of the ball, it's what [opponents are] going to do in guys in games. And it's what they're going to do to me in games . . . That's my style of play. Play aggressive. You don't want to cost your team any penalties, but we'll let the officials do their job."

Browner said he doesn't hope to get on the wrong side of his teammates, but he continued to drive home his point of emphasis: Physicality in practice plays a role.

"I need to be liked by my teammates," he said. "Those are the guys I'm gonna go to war with. But at the same time, I'm gonna be aggressive with those guys. It's going to make those guys better. And I hope they bring the same fire back at me."

Browner explained after practice that he and O'Shea reconciled and "hugged it out.".

"As a coach I gotta respect him," Browner said. "That's nothing I want to talk about or put on TV

This IMO should be a Welcome site to everyone. Havent seen it since Rodney left.

Yes, it sounds like we may have a defense that not only should be good but will have an attitude and hopefully become confident.  I like that especially if they become the type of defense that offenses will fear.

Nothing wrong with a little 'nastiness'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Meanwhile Dropson and Boyce arent on the field with their bad feet. I dont see how two guys who are on the pine and NOT making headlines can beat him out. Dobson, I love but he sure gets a pass here for a SECOND ROUND pick who dropped more balls as a rookie than anyone and was touted as having NO drops senior year. Noone talking bad of him but expect more from an UDFA??  Thats wierd.  

What Ive always contended though, is that KT is a gamer and just has the look of a NFL WR. He is a very good route runner and quick at the line and will win his share of matchups but going at Browner....He should lose that matchup most times. Browner threw Lafell to the ground one play at the LOS. He has been beating up on a few guys but KT is the only one seemingly who fought back. Now did this knock him off this game, sure but thats what camp is for. Getting better. I get that he isnt perfect but how you cant see he is ahead of Boyce/Dobson/Gallons, guys who are managing ailments is crazy.

Production over Potential. Its not good that he drops an easy pass every practice, what is good is that Brady is looking his way a lot.  At the end of the day, I dont care about offense. Honestly thats the last thing Im worried about. The D is gonna Win games this year

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure Thompkins has given enough production to make up for the lose in potential. You are talking like he's a vet who puts up 600-800yrds a year and 50-70recs. He was a player who was basically the only option other than Edelman early in the season and lost reps eventually to be benched prior to injury because of lack of production due to drops and not being able to get off the LOS.

But, Dobson is suppose to be back in 2 weeks and when he was on the field Boyce was more consistent than Thompkins. It's a long preseason and I highly doubt they'd take Thompkins over Dobson, even if Dobson is injured. The question for me is if Boyce is injured or not. If he gets healthy prior to preseason week 2 then Thompkins is going to have to show he's improved by getting off the LOS and not dropping the ball.

BTW I killed Dobson last year for the drops and was made fun of after last years draft I questioned his hands so I did question Dobsons drops too but Dobson is a 2nd rounder and won't be cut in camp, Thompkins is in a fight for a spot so yes he is at risk of being cut so drops are an issue.

If you don't care about the O why do you care if Thompkins gets cut?

Sections
Shortcuts