What I'd like to see against the Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

What I'd like to see against the Colts

At a well timed moment, I'd like to see Brady fake an injury and take a play or two off. 

Then insert Edelman at QB, a position he played in college, and have a special rehearsed running play arranged for this situation ala 'the wildcat' and give the unsuspecting, unprepared Colts a new wrinkle to think about as Miami did to the PATS.

(On September 21, 2008, the Miami Dolphins used the wildcat offense against the New England Patriots on six plays, which produced 5 touchdowns, four rushing and one passing from Ronnie Brown in a 38–13 upset victory.) 

After the running play, let Edelman roll out and uncork one deep to Ocho, Price, or Underwood, or whoever else can get open, which will surely loosen up the Colts defense a bit, and in all probability totally unnerve them.

Then let Tom trot back out to the huddle.

If nothing else, it will liven up the game while giving other opposing teams' defensive coordinators one more headache to plan for the rest of the way.

And if nothing else, it sure would be fun to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: What I'd like to see against the Colts

Edelman has played quite a few other positions this year, why not QB too....lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

As "cute" as that would be, BB would never do something so insulting to the Colts.  That would be like saying "You guys suck so badly, we're going to put a guy at QB who hasn't played the position in years, just for fun"  Talk about adding insult to injury!  It would be funny though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I'll bet BB is itching for the oppty to have Edelman throw the ball.  Could be deadly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

maybe in the 4th when we are up by 30 points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think BB would LOVE stomping the Clots.  Stomp out 4th and 2 (which WAS stolen from us, Faulk MADE IT), Stomp out 2006.  Stomp out every snotty Manning loving comment ever made.  Stomp out Polian.  Stomp out Irsay.  Stomp out resting starters instead of trying to go undefeated.  Stomp out every conservative, mamby pamby mealy mouthed Clot moment.  STOMP STOMP STOMP.
    There are not enough points in the Universe to put up on these guys.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: What I'd like to see against the Colts:
    [QUOTE]I think BB would LOVE stomping the Clots.  Stomp out 4th and 2 (which WAS stolen from us, Faulk MADE IT), Stomp out 2006.  Stomp out every snotty Manning loving comment ever made.  Stomp out Polian.  Stomp out Irsay.  Stomp out resting starters instead of trying to go undefeated.  Stomp out every conservative, mamby pamby mealy mouthed Clot moment.  STOMP STOMP STOMP. There are not enough points in the Universe to put up on these guys.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

+1

I've kind of forgotten how much I hate the Colts this season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

They probably will stomp the colts. I think it's the kind of game where the young defense needs to a chance to continue to gel and guys like Vereen, Cannon, and Price (if he's ever allowed to touch the field) and the young guys in the secondary and the inexperienced linebackers get reps and just get more confortable in the system. This will make for better depth come playoff time because the lighter schedule allows the injured players maybe a little more time to heal because your not rushing these players back because your scared to miss the playoffs. Depth could be excellent because you'll hopefully get Spikes, Chung, Mccourty, Ocho, Connolly back and have a healthier more experienced roster. 

Hopefully not too many more injuries over the next few games. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I'd like to see against the Colts : +1 I've kind of forgotten how much I hate the Colts this season
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

It's nice to play at home too. I've been so sick of the Pat's going to Indy to play. It seems like they palyed there a lot more than Foxboro over the last decade. A good home whopping would be nice. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crankeeyankee3. Show crankeeyankee3's posts

It sure looks like the Colts have the #1 overall pick locked up (personally, I think they're throwing the season on purpose), but if it was in doubt and the Patriots could afford to do it, I'd love to see them give the game to the Colts to prevent them from getting Luck.

Then again, getting Luck might turn into a nightmare for them with Manning desperately trying to hold onto his job and others pushing for Luck to take over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to What I'd like to see against the Colts:
    [QUOTE]At a well timed moment, I'd like to see Brady fake an injury and take a play or two off.  Then insert Edelman at QB, a position he played in college, and have a special rehearsed running play arranged for this situation ala 'the wildcat' and give the unsuspecting, unprepared Colts a new wrinkle to think about as Miami did to the PATS. (On September 21, 2008, the Miami Dolphins used the wildcat offense against the New England Patriots on six plays, which produced 5 touchdowns, four rushing and one passing from Ronnie Brown in a 38–13 upset victory.)  After the running play, let Edelman roll out and uncork one deep to Ocho, Price, or Underwood, or whoever else can get open, which will surely loosen up the Colts defense a bit, and in all probability totally unnerve them. Then let Tom trot back out to the huddle. If nothing else, it will liven up the game while giving other opposing teams' defensive coordinators one more headache to plan for the rest of the way. And if nothing else, it sure would be fun to watch.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

start hoyer and play him the whole game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]It sure looks like the Colts have the #1 overall pick locked up (personally, I think they're throwing the season on purpose), but if it was in doubt and the Patriots could afford to do it, I'd love to see them give the game to the Colts to prevent them from getting Luck. Then again, getting Luck might turn into a nightmare for them with Manning desperately trying to hold onto his job and others pushing for Luck to take over.
    Posted by crankeeyankee3[/QUOTE]

theyll get teh # 1 even if they win a game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

the patriots open up as 21 point favorites in this one, haven't seen a line like that  in a long time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I,d like to see Brady throw for 657 yards and 7 TD's!!! Pats 66 Colts 3!! Play until the whistle and no getting soft!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Patriots were 21+ favorites over the Ravens in 2007, and barely won thanks to Billick's timeout

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots were 21+ favorites over the Ravens in 2007, and barely won thanks to Billick's timeout
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Rex actually called that timeout. Good times

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neo2112. Show neo2112's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB would LOVE stomping the Clots.  Stomp out 4th and 2 (which WAS stolen from us, Faulk MADE IT), Stomp out 2006.  Stomp out every snotty Manning loving comment ever made.  Stomp out Polian.  Stomp out Irsay.  Stomp out resting starters instead of trying to go undefeated.  Stomp out every conservative, mamby pamby mealy mouthed Clot moment.  STOMP STOMP STOMP. There are not enough points in the Universe to put up on these guys.  

I think Irsay, et al have "stomped" themselves enough in the public eye by tanking the season.  As an organization, they've shown they really have put all their eggs in the Manning basket for years, unlike Belichick & Pioli who were really about quality players from the first to last spots on the roster.  Brady is every bit the QB Manning is an more, but the Pats went 11-5 in 2008 because Belichick works even the backups hard and makes sure everyone knows the system.

"Stomping" an 0-12 team is sort of like a high school kid stomping a fourth grader.  Even if that fourth grader was the little brother of someone who pissed you off for years, you're still beating up on a 4th grader. And beating a Manning-less Colts team, to me, doesn't "stomp out" a tough loss in 2006, a 4th and 2 call that was horrible on Belichick's part to begin with in 2009, or any of the regular season losses over the past six years.  Get over it, it's 2011 & the Pats are probably going to finish 13-3 :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Stomping out Peyton's Colts would be great. Stomping out "Painters" Colts means Jack Sh*t.

Run the rookies in this game, and I mean all day. Brady should loft up 15-20 passes for 2 or 3 tds. The Colts are much obliged to losing this game. There is one thing on the Colts agenda........Losing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

This is a great game to go ground chuck. Pats should be able to win throwing 20 or so attempts and just grind out a win with RB's. Give Brady a week off taking a pounding but give enough throws to avoid rust.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A rout

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

How many touchdowns will "The Gronk" have against the Colts this Sunday? 1 -No, 2 -NO, 3 -MAYBE, 4 - yeah that sounds good 4 -- The Gronk's statline will read like this (8 Receptions, 122 YDS, 4 TD's). And the funny part of this prediction is this --I am dead serious! GO PATS!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Personally, if I was a betting man, I would bet against the pats with the 21 points.  I think they will stomp the Dolts but not by 3 TD's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

In Response to What I'd like to see against the Colts:
    [QUOTE]At a well timed moment, I'd like to see Brady fake an injury and take a play or two off.  Then insert Edelman at QB, a position he played in college, and have a special rehearsed running play arranged for this situation ala 'the wildcat' and give the unsuspecting, unprepared Colts a new wrinkle to think about as Miami did to the PATS. (On September 21, 2008, the Miami Dolphins used the wildcat offense against the New England Patriots on six plays, which produced 5 touchdowns, four rushing and one passing from Ronnie Brown in a 38–13 upset victory.)  After the running play, let Edelman roll out and uncork one deep to Ocho, Price, or Underwood, or whoever else can get open, which will surely loosen up the Colts defense a bit, and in all probability totally unnerve them. Then let Tom trot back out to the huddle. If nothing else, it will liven up the game while giving other opposing teams' defensive coordinators one more headache to plan for the rest of the way. And if nothing else, it sure would be fun to watch.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, at all....but why not save it until a situation or game when something like that is needed, perhaps later on if we should fall behind in the beginning like we did against KC & Philly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Brady won't come off faking an injury, you'd have to pull him by the ears

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamba. Show mamba's posts

Rip their hearts out and eat it a la the Aztecs!!! Bring back their smarmy ex-coach so he can remember what a good beat-down is!!! Watch Irsay lobby the league for a rule that states opponents can't score more than 2 TD's in games involving the Colts.

Sections
Shortcuts