What If BB Did This:

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: What If BB Did This:

How much do you sign Cruz for?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

What is your infatuation with Cruz? He is a slot guy and we dont need that. Plus I would get sick watching the dang salsa dance for the next few years. No thanks. Otherwise I agree with #'s 2,3, and 5. Not sold on Sanders yet. Pioli coming out in support of him leaves me skeptical. Our drafts have been much better without Pioli around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

That is the 7 million dollar question! How much cap is still availible to the Patriots? Before they can spend any more money they have to make sure they have the ability to sign all draft choices and any UDFA's BB might like to get a look at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Isn't Cruz looking at Wallace and Jennings signings for context, yet the Pats offered Jennings $6m per. Would have to make the trade predicated on a deal with Cruz in place. I don't think he Pats pay him what he would get from other teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Maybe 5-6 mil per.  4 years. Basically, just take the money you were looking to give Jennings and try to make it work for Cruz.

I hear ya but that's the thing.  I think he will want Jennings money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Cruz to me would be worth more than Sanders, and I would sign off on your deal in a minute.  Don't think they will get a 2 for Mallet, maybe a 3 if lucky but more likely a 4.  Still, deep draft like you say.  Not sure if we get Cruz we should bother with Sanders.  I had forgotten about Ballard, and I know they tendered Hoo, so not sure what the play is there.  I'd like to give Heyward Bey a shot. He seems to be a decent guy for a Raider, and we need some speed.  From a raiders forum-

"never have i wanted a former raider to succeed more

just stay out of New England and the AFC west so i can keep rooting for you"

Gotta love that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, I want so much to find something that I can agree with Rusty about, I guess this isn't going to be one.  Cruz isn't walking through those doors.  I would like him to but what the heck would they do with Amendola and Sanders if they get him?  And if they were interested in Cruz then why offer Sanders a deal?  Cruz and Sanders are both slot receivers, Amendola is a slot receiver, why do you want so many slot receivers.  Haven't you mentioned you want the Pats and TFB to move away a bit more from the slot position and have it be less part of the offense? Cruz isn't going to accept the pocket change the Pats are willing to offer anyways.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

What is your infatuation with Cruz? He is a slot guy and we dont need that. Plus I would get sick watching the dang salsa dance for the next few years. No thanks. Otherwise I agree with #'s 2,3, and 5. Not sold on Sanders yet. Pioli coming out in support of him leaves me skeptical. Our drafts have been much better without Pioli around.

Just because they use him in the Y in NY most of the time doesn't mean he can't be used in the X or Z here.

My question to you is, what is your infatuation with thinking excessive height equates to what Brady needs?

People were also complaining about Lloyd's lack of YAC and you'd have 3 WRs who have a ton of it in Amendola, Cruz and Sanders.

Amendola and Sanders could start on the flank and Cruz is your slot guy. I think you're under the impression that Amendola is Welker, and he's not. He's 5'11, which is 3 inches taller than Welker.

My question to you is, what is your infatuation with thinking excessive height equates to what Brady needs? Rust, what the heck are you talking about? When have I ever equated a WR's height with Bradys needs?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Maybe 5-6 mil per.  4 years. Basically, just take the money you were looking to give Jennings and try to make it work for Cruz.

I hear ya but that's the thing.  I think he will want Jennings money.

Well, since he takes most of his snaps in the slot, he's Welker/Amendola kind of money.

That's currently the market.

Good point.  But I'd rather take Nicks from them, lol.  I think Pats should draft a bigger WR then use their 1 on Cruz to be honest. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Still trying to figure the WR the Pats are signing for the 2.5M they saved from cutting Lloyd. I don't see Sanders signing for less than 3M/ on a 4 year deal - he can play on a 1.3M RFA and be a FA next year. Not worth that money plus the draft pick.

Cruz isn't going to be worth the money he wants plus the draft pick.

I suspect we end up with Nelson and another low risk moderate reward receiver. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

That would work for me.

I think this team is pretty stacked as it is.  They will probably trade out in the 1st, but if they don't, I could seem them grabbing a 6'4", 260 lb OLB to compete with Nink.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hope something is up because the WR position is a mess right now.  I still think they released Lloyd due to the bonus money, time running out on getting a new deal done so they had to cut him.  It';s possible while now a FA Lloyd is going to test the market and see if anything else is out there for him.  If not, I really think he will be back.  I mean, he's a Josh McD guy, right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It seems like your idea is what they're working towards. That is, having a group of fast, athletic, intelligent and young WRs who are almost interchangeable. Only things I'd quibble with are using two of your top three picks on WRs when there are other needs. Trading Mallett for one or two picks would lessen that obviously, but the rumors are Mallett to Cleveland for a DL.

If they get Taylor for Mallett, I could see them doing the Sanders offer sheet because then they've effectively covered two draft needs, DL and WR with one pick. Or if they think Cruz is that much of an upgrade over Sanders, I could see them giving up their first for him, but I doubt they do both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm with Quag, don't want Cruz. Especially at that cost. Bring Lloyd back and get the Sanders deal done. I'd be good with that group of receivers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree Muz. 

Russ, Muz is right on this, think you said the same. 3 wr's in sanders/cruz, amendola,  jones that could line up anywhere on the field is key. Each 1 of the 3 could line up in the slot, flanked or out wide. Fast, smart and athletic. This is eexactly I think what bb is trying to build and, it's brilliant if he pulls it all off especially if you combine it with how we use our te's and rb's .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd rather use the #1 to draft a big DT that can collapse the pocket and take some pressure off Vince.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I know this sounds counter-intuitive but just bear with me:

1. Trade a 1st rder to NYGs for Victor Cruz. They have no money to really sign him long term and are sort of in a rebuilding on the fly mode now, so they may like this.

2. Sign Abraham and don't sign Dumvervil. You can probably get him for no more than 4 mil per for the next 2 years, maybe less.

3. Trade Ryan Mallett for no less than 3rd rd pick. I think BB can get a 2nd here, however.

4. Hope Pitt can't match NE's tender to Emmanuel Sanders.

5.. Trade back with your 2 2nd rders (the one you get in a Mallett deal), to get the 3rd rder back. So, you'd have no first rounder in this deep draft.

So, you'd have a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to make your draft count.

I guess my point is, how many more younger players do we really need in the next 2-3 years?

Would it be that bad if BB treated this draft like the 2007 draft and addressed a final pass rushing piece in Abraham for 2 years, handled the Safety spot already and most importantly have WRs who you know have experience, good football IQ, can run routes from all spots and can be locked up on your own terms for the long term?

You basically address all the spots you need to before the draft even happens, so the picks are now more seen as developmental players instead of players of need right away.

Brady's WRs would be:

Amendola, Cruz, Sanders, Jones and Slater.

His TEs:  Gronk, Hernandez, Ballard

That's a pretty ridiculous set of weapons and the key is the balance within their skill sets.

I stopped being interested when you talked about giving up a 1st rounder for Cruz.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I'd rather use the #1 to draft a big DT that can collapse the pocket and take some pressure off Vince.

Well, if he can deal Mallett for Taylor, that's taken care of. Then use the #1 and #2 on DBs/OL (depending on Vollmer) or best available. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

We have pressing needs... we can use more talent and more varied abilities at WR than we have but the big guns shoudl be used for big needs: OL, DL, pass rush inside and outside, cover LB, cover S, cover CB.