What If Disaster Strikes...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What If Disaster Strikes...

Think you-all have a pretty good grasp on whose who in the NFL? But, what if disaster strikes, in the form of a contending team losing its' starting QB? Heres' a quick look on what may befall the top 10 best teams, should the unthinkable happen:

1.) New Orleans Saints, starting QB, Drew Brees: What would happen to their record setting offense should Brees go down? His back-up is 39 year old veteran, Mark Brunell. Brunell showed that he was done two years ago. With this relic replacing Brees...does anybody think that the Saints would be SB contenders?

2.) Indianapolis Colts, starting QB, Peyton Manning: Should the "Wonderful One" go down, Indy fans can look forward to six year veteran back-up, Jim Sorgi, taking the reigns. Wouldn't that be exciting, Colts' fans?!!

3.) Pittsburgh Steelers, starting QB, Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben has won two SBs in four years. But, have no fear, you Steeler Jims out there. Back-up QB, 34 year old Charlie Batch, waits in the wings. Though he's a huge improvement over the 69 year old Brunell and the saugy know as Sorgi...its' doubtful that Batch could whip up a SB run.

4.) New England Patriots:, starting QB, Tom Brady: The only reliever that BB has in his bullpen is AAA rookie, Brian Hoyer. Though Hoyer has shown promise, he's just 16 years old in NFL years. Would anybody feel comfortable in turning over the keys to a Jaguar to a 16 year old who just got his drivers' license?

5.) Denver Broncos, starting QB, Kyle Orton: Is veteran Chris Simms primed to take the controls from the low maintenance, mistake avoiding Orton? Doubtful. Still, now that Broncos' coach Josh McDaniels has transformed Orton into a Pro-Bowl probable QB...could he do the same with Simms?

6.) Minnesota Vikings, starting QB, Brett Favre: Thus far, the 40 year old Favre has played under control, and stayed, relatively speaking, mistake free. Back-up Tavaris Jackson can run, but can't pass...and back-up Sage Rosenfels can throw, but can't run. Should something happen to Farve, it would be interesting to see which of these two Brad Childress would annoit as his new starter;

7.) Arizona Cardinals, starting QB, Kurt Warner: Matt Leinart has been waiting, and waiting for a second chance to be the Cards' top QB. With a stellar set of WRs at his disposal, there would be no excuse for failing;

8.) Cincinnati Bengals, starting QB, Carson Palmer: Cincy fans pray for the continued good health of Palmer...for they know that back-up J.T. O'Sullivan lurks on the sidelines;

9.) Dallas Cowboys, starting QB, Tony Romo: Similar to the Saints, the Cowboys have an ancient back-up in 37 year old, Jon Kitna. Just prior to the emergence of WR Miles Austin, there was some serious talk, believe it or not, of replacing Romo with this fossil. Youu  wwould think that the 'Boys would know better after last years' Brad Johnson experience.

10.) NY Giants, starting QB, Eli Manning: Have no fear...David Carr is here!! A human tackling dummy in his Houston years, it would be interesting to see if Carr can be anything besides a highly paid clip-board holder. 

Thoughts?             

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Re: What If Disaster Strikes...

So the point here is......if you lose your starting QB its harder to win

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to What If Disaster Strikes...:
    [QUOTE]     Think you-all have a pretty good grasp on whose who in the NFL? But, what if disaster strikes, in the form of a contending team losing its' starting QB? Heres' a quick look on what may befall the top 10 best teams, should the unthinkable happen: 1.) New Orleans Saints, starting QB, Drew Brees: What would happen to their record setting offense should Brees go down? His back-up is 39 year old veteran, Mark Brunell. Brunell showed that he was done two years ago. With this relic replacing Brees...does anybody think that the Saints would be SB contenders? 2.) Indianapolis Colts, starting QB, Peyton Manning: Should the "Wonderful One" go down, Indy fans can look forward to six year veteran back-up, Jim Sorgi, taking the reigns. Wouldn't that be exciting, Colts' fans?!!   3.) Pittsburgh Steelers, starting QB, Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben has won two SBs in four years. But, have no fear, you Steeler Jims out there. Back-up QB, 34 year old Charlie Batch, waits in the wings. Though he's a huge improvement over the 69 year old Brunell and the saugy know as Sorgi...its' doubtful that Batch could whip up a SB run. 4.) New England Patriots:, starting QB, Tom Brady: The only reliever that BB has in his bullpen is AAA rookie, Brian Hoyer. Though Hoyer has shown promise, he's just 16 years old in NFL years. Would anybody feel comfortable in turning over the keys to a Jaguar to a 16 year old who just got his drivers' license? 5.) Denver Broncos, starting QB, Kyle Orton:  Is veteran Chris Simms primed to take the controls from the low maintenance, mistake avoiding Orton? Doubtful. Still, now that Broncos' coach Josh McDaniels has transformed Orton into a Pro-Bowl probable QB...could he do the same with Simms?   6.) Minnesota Vikings, starting QB, Brett Favre: Thus far, the 40 year old Favre has played under control, and stayed, relatively speaking, mistake free. Back-up Tavaris Jackson can run, but can't pass...and back-up Sage Rosenfels can throw, but can't run. Should something happen to Farve, it would be interesting to see which of these two Brad Childress would annoit as his new starter; 7.) Arizona Cardinals, starting QB, Kurt Warner: Matt Leinart has been waiting, and waiting for a second chance to be the Cards' top QB. With a stellar set of WRs at his disposal, there would be no excuse for failing; 8.) Cincinnati Bengals, starting QB, Carson Palmer: Cincy fans pray for the continued good health of Palmer...for they know that back-up J.T. O'Sullivan lurks on the sidelines; 9.) Dallas Cowboys, starting QB, Tony Romo: Similar to the Saints, the Cowboys have an ancient back-up in 37 year old, Jon Kitna. Just prior to the emergence of WR Miles Austin, there was some serious talk, believe it or not, of replacing Romo with this fossil. Youu  wwould think that the 'Boys would know better after last years' Brad Johnson experience. 10.) NY Giants, starting QB, Eli Manning: Have no fear...David Carr is here!! A human tackling dummy in his Houston years, it would be interesting to see if Carr can be anything besides a highly paid clip-board holder.       Thoughts?             
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

lmao i know its the bye week but wow...  is this really how bored you were?? lol

you really are an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I can only offer one Matt Cassel, certainly not thought of as a bona fide backup QB, but did fill in admirably while TB recuperated from his injury.  So much so, that KC paid him mega bucks to be their starting QB.  The real question is this "Does it matter so much who it is or will any relatively decent QB benefit from the system they are thrust in?  Again, I give you one Matt Cassel - 11-5 with Patriots, to date 1-6 with KC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This thread falls into the "Pointing Out That Water Tends to be Wet" category, but not mentioned is that one of these guys is at least even-money, if not downright likely to breakdown.

Now who here can guess who I'm thinking of?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Losing your QB is not a disaster. An asteroid striking the earth causing the NFL to go extinct IS a disaster!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

In Response to Re: What If Disaster Strikes...:
    [QUOTE]Losing your QB is not a disaster. An asteroid striking the earth causing the NFL to go extinct IS a disaster!
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Running out of beer is a disaster.Running out of whiskey is a catastrophe. I looked it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

RE: The Merits of "the obvious", I always prefered when someone honestly gives you a hot-tip...some sage advice like, "Remember now, Don't Look Directly Into The Sun...". 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Actually, Disaster Strikes is a song by Busta Rhymes. And the only "serious talk" of benching Romo occurred in the blogosphere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

seattlemaslow~

Since this thread looks to be an awash, and it's friday on an off-week...

I believe Busta Rhymes said it best regarding the Patriots, when he said:

Yeah
    As a shorty playing in the front yard of the crib
    Fell down, and I bumped my head
    Somebody helped me up and asked me if I bumped my head
    I said "Yeah"
    So then they said "Oh so that mean we gon, you gon switch it on em'?"
    I said "Yeah, Flipmode, Flipmode is the greatest"
    Knowing as a shorty, I was always told
    That if I ain't gon' be part of the greatest
    I gotta be the greatest myself

...that said, I'll take the straightforward gangsta attitude and simple, catchy, disonant beats of Cypress Hill's 1st album over Busta any day...O.k., back to the Pats... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex, when I saw the headline for this post.... I thought..  "Must be a slow week, Tex needs to stir some things up!"

In a nutshell, for these top 10 teams, you take out their starter and all are hurting.  The question you don't put forth is which team is hurt the worst?  I think without question, the Colts.  Manning is their heart and soul of the team and Sorgi (he's the pudgy QB?) won't keep that pony on the path.  The Pats may be next, but, they have a veteran offense around Hoyer, who knows, we all saw what Cassel did in the same spot.  The other teams on your list all have a back-up with an NFL resume of sorts, so it can't be all that bad for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, when I saw the headline for this post.... I thought..  "Must be a slow week, Tex needs to stir some things up!" In a nutshell, for these top 10 teams, you take out their starter and all are hurting.  The question you don't put forth is which team is hurt the worst?  I think without question, the Colts.  Manning is their heart and soul of the team and Sorgi (he's the pudgy QB?) won't keep that pony on the path.  The Pats may be next, but, they have a veteran offense around Hoyer, who knows, we all saw what Cassel did in the same spot.  The other teams on your list all have a back-up with an NFL resume of sorts, so it can't be all that bad for them.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my friend! Just trying to stir things up on a slow week. But, you hit on the type of discussion that I was looking to generate...which of these top teams would be worse off without their starter? The "quality" of the back-ups listed also magnifies the lack of depth at the QB position.

I agree that the Colts would suffer the most without Manning, followed by the Saints without Brees, Dallas without Romo, followed by the Pats without Brady. 

Speaking of the Pats, I really like what I've seen of this Hoyer kid. The Pats may have found their QB of the future in him. I'd rather have Hoyer at the helm than Jim Sorgi, 39 year old Mark Brunell, or 37 year old Jon Kitna.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastplantII. Show BeastplantII's posts

where's your "5 bad offseason moves by the patriots" post now buddy?  after the denver loss you were caught here htrowing everybody from BB to patrick chung under the bus.  guess lil texy feels nice and comfy now, huh?......good boy..... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]where's your "5 bad offseason moves by the patriots" post now buddy?  after the denver loss you were caught here htrowing everybody from BB to patrick chung under the bus.  guess lil texy feels nice and comfy now, huh?......good boy..... 
    Posted by BeastplantII[/QUOTE]

Hey, Beast, Tex DID NOT throw the Pats under the bus.  That Denver game was a horribly played game by the Pats offense, especially Brady.  He simply called it as a bad game in which from the coaches to the players, it was not their best effort.  I do not recall him calling for any of the players to be thrown off the team.  If criticizing a team means throwing them under the bus, then the whole world does it to their fav team every day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]RE : The Merits of " the obvious ", I always prefered when someone honestly gives you a hot-tip...some sage advice like, " Remember now, Don't Look Directly Into The Sun... ". 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Many, many years ago, when I got my first digital camera, the very first sentence in the instructions was -- I kid you not -- "Do not look through viewfinder directly at the sun."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What If Disaster Strikes... : Hey, Beast, Tex DID NOT throw the Pats under the bus.  That Denver game was a horribly played game by the Pats offense, especially Brady.  He simply called it as a bad game in which from the coaches to the players, it was not their best effort.  I do not recall him calling for any of the players to be thrown off the team.  If criticizing a team means throwing them under the bus, then the whole world does it to their fav team every day!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

agc:

Thanks. Breast is a troll. I choose to ignore him.  

Sections
Shortcuts