What if Mallet gets traded to Cleveland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

What if Mallet gets traded to Cleveland

What do you think of Mallet to Cleveland for a first round swap of positions and a late round draft choice....

Cleveland would still have two picks in top 38 and Pats could pick at #6....

Who do you think they would take in this scenario?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: What if Mallet gets traded to Cleveland

Personally, I don't like this scenario.  The Top of this draft is said to be pretty weak compared to years past, but the depth is said to be pretty good.  In other words, there are no elite prospects this year, but a lot of very good players to be had on Day 2 & even into Day 3.  I think that the goal of any potential "Mallett Trade" compensation should be to gain a 2nd rounder plus maybe a late rounder.  More picks, please.  Forget about moving up for a similar player to which we could get at 29.  With all of that being said, I still think the draft day Mallett trade idea is just a pipe dream.  I bet we keep him at least into the preseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd like phil Taylor.   That would totally change up our draft.  We'd still end up with a rookie d lineman from the draft but it might be our second round pick.  Then taking a wr with our first I wouldn't mind.  

I hope there's a run on QBs

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trade Mallett for Phil Taylor and a 4th rd pick?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Cleveland doesn't have a second rounder. There has been some talk that Miami wants the # 6 pick if a "player" is there and would swap first rounders with Cleveland and give Cleveland the second of their second round picks, which of course would allow Cleveland to trade that pick for Mallett...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like the idea of Mallett for Gordon straight up. They used a 2nd on Gordon so there's your value. Then Clev could possible spend there 1st on Patterson or do the purposed Mia trade and grab another WR in the 2nd

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I like the idea of Mallett for Gordon straight up. They used a 2nd on Gordon so there's your value. Then Clev could possible spend there 1st on Patterson or do the purposed Mia trade and grab another WR in the 2nd

This could be great! 1+

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

If we end up with the 6th overall pick, I think thier best option is DT Star Lotulelei.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

What do you think of Mallet to Cleveland for a first round swap of positions and a late round draft choice....

Well I'd love to see this happen, but what would later ensue is Lombardi would most likely end up getting fired for this. If this did end up happening I think we would select Ezekiel Ansah - we would then have two bookends that could not only get after the passer, but stop the run. I love this kid, I think he is going to make some team very very happy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well I'd love to see this happen, but what would later ensue is Lombardi would most likely end up getting fired for this. If this did end up happening I think we would select Ezekiel Ansah - we would then have two bookends that could not only get after the passer, but stop the run. I love this kid, I think he is going to make some team very very happy. 

You never know....Lombardi has a history of doing some very stupid things when he was with the Raiders

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

If we end up with the 6th overall pick, I think thier best option is DT Star Lotulelei.  

That would keep him away from NYJ

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

+1, in this very specific scenario

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

+1, in this very specific scenario

I would love that. That said, I think he's the "silver bullet" kind of kid that teams picking early gush over. I would not be surprised if he's gone by 6. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Holy cow how many threads are we gonna have about Mallet to Cleveland. LOL

How about this Mallet to NYG. Hmmm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Correction K...

There's Mallett to CLE

There's Mallet for Sanders

and there's Mallett to TB

Maybe you can start the one to NYG

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Correction K...

There's Mallett to CLE

LMAO. I just did , the post before yours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Correction K...

There's Mallett to CLE

LMAO. I just did , the post before yours.

Does not count. It's not a new thread. But I can see that you started the Collin Klein one

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I could seriously see this happening-

Cleve trades #6 to Miami for #12 and a second.

Cleve trades #12 to NE for Mallett and #29.

NE drafts WR Cordarrelle Patterson at #12.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I could seriously see this happening-

Cleve trades #6 to Miami for #12 and a second.

Cleve trades #12 to NE for Mallett and #29.

NE drafts WR Cordarrelle Patterson at #12.

I wouldn't want Patterson at #12. Best WR in the draft, yep, but he'd be a back of the 1st WR in most drafts. The WR talent upfront is very weak but very deep from the 1st to the back of the 3rd. I'd much rather grab Richardson or a top end DE at #12 if they somehow pulled of that trade

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Maybe next year.

Weeden could get one more year in Cleveland Posted by Mike Florio on April 7, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT

........“It’s amazing so many people still believe Weeden is on his way out,” Grossi writes in a mailbag column.  “I believe the Browns have committed to Weeden — for one year, at least.  If he doesn’t show significant improvement under the new coaches and system, they will reboot the QB search next year.  If that happens, [Ryan] Mallett — who would be entering the final year of his New England contract — would be a prime option.  I don’t envision Weeden being traded this year.  I also wouldn’t be surprised to see no quarterback at all drafted this year.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Personally, I don't like this scenario.  The Top of this draft is said to be pretty weak compared to years past, but the depth is said to be pretty good.  In other words, there are no elite prospects this year, but a lot of very good players to be had on Day 2 & even into Day 3.  I think that the goal of any potential "Mallett Trade" compensation should be to gain a 2nd rounder plus maybe a late rounder.  More picks, please.  Forget about moving up for a similar player to which we could get at 29.  With all of that being said, I still think the draft day Mallett trade idea is just a pipe dream.  I bet we keep him at least into the preseason.

Yes, but then BB could trade back from the 6 spot himself in that case.  Where as Lombardi could do that too, but he wouldn't get MAllett. This all comes down to if he really does want Mallett because him trading back to 29 AND getting the best QB prospect in this draft (Mallett if available from BB) covers him and I could see him totally trading out of 29 completely at that point since this is his first draft in Cleveland.

Or, if you did get the 6 and you are BB, would you take Lotulelei at #6 and plop him next to Vince?

All you guys are morons.  Learn the game.  At least learn the pick equivalancies.  Are you suggsting that Mallet is somehow worth a move up of 20 slots in the first round?  What is wrong with you tools?  Mallet is not even worth what Piloi gave up for Cassel (speaking of morons, leave it to BB to make his own protege look like one).  Mallet is worh a swap of second round picks... if it was the team drafting right before the patsies.

Worst draft in years to be in the top 10. Many analsysts feel the same value/quality of player is there for picks 5-25 or even more so (5-40).

Lombardi's job is to be the best GM possible and they aren't close to being a SB contender right now. Maybe in a few years.

That means, trade BACK in a deep draft, dummy, not UP or try to move up. Unless, of course, very well run teams like ours are one, maybe two, small pieces away.

You're calling us "tools" and "morons", but we know more about this than you could ever dream.

You have been in here praising Mike Tannenbum for 3 years, too, and he destroyed your franchise in those 3 years, all in one fell swoop, totally unable or unwilling to get these kinds of concepts.

Trade a 2nd rder to pay Cromartie 8 million per, draft a nickeback bust in Rd 1, then draft another bust in the deepest draft since '83 in Kenrick Ellis in Rd 3.

Please do not lecture more intelligent people than yourself. 

This has been a public service announcement from the uber-intelligent on the Pats board.

ur best public service would be to leave - permanently