What if NE had Percy Harvin?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: What if NE had Percy Harvin?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

How about high maintenance?  I'll be real honest, if the price was right, I'd be fine with it.

The talent is there, he's just had high maintenance issues which is why Minny was smart deal him and get something back v.s. feeling forced to give him some bloated WR deal.

well, I would be fine if he walked after his rookie deal. 2009-2012 win a ring with him healthy ok go along with your career.

we got a ring out of you, bye.

that type of situation is what i imagine with him here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Migraines are a chronic and debilitating affliction, ask someone that has them.

In Harvin you are accepting damaged goods...right up front....and a guy who won't play all 16 games.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Dude, he got a fresh deal already. It's brutal. I was talking more about if Seattle was forced to cut him due to cap hell.

I'd be ok with signing him with a team friendly deal. 

i know he got a new deal. its like 6 for 62  or something.

I'm not saying if Harvin was here now, i meant 2009-2012.

and i think if healthy, which he was, in 2011 we would've won a ring

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Gotcha. I don;t know. Honestly, I wasn't liking the Chad Jackson pick in 2006 and I just don't like Florida WRs.  I've never liked them. They've always been overrated or busts, and I think it's because of how great they THINK they are, when they come out of there.

Gaffney slowly came along in this league, but it took a little while and he landed here as a last chance kind of thing anyway.

agreed. Gaffney, Jackson, David Nelson and Riley Cooper all were overrated coming of UF

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

we lost the SB because we couldnt get our D off the field. Same thing happened 2 weeks ago.

To me the Taylor Price pick in the 3rd round when Navarro Bowman was there was the biggest miss. Imagine Bowman and Mayo in the middle. I bet that would have been good for atleast ONE more stop.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Gotcha. I don;t know. Honestly, I wasn't liking the Chad Jackson pick in 2006 and I just don't like Florida WRs.  I've never liked them. They've always been overrated or busts, and I think it's because of how great they THINK they are, when they come out of there.

Gaffney slowly came along in this league, but it took a little while and he landed here as a last chance kind of thing anyway.

agreed. Gaffney, Jackson, David Nelson and Riley Cooper all were overrated coming of UF

There was a guy the Giants drafted in the late 90s, if I remember, who turned out to be good. Drawing a blank on his name at the moment.

Hillard??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Harvin would of helped, he is a dynamic talent...he is injury prone, but at least this guy didn't come up lame during his pro day 40 (see Rasi Dowling). We've missed out on a lot of guys like this over the last five years - instead we have been left praising averageness, making excuses, crying as dwarfs (Welker) viscously take out our players and playing "wait till next year".

I think we may of hit it big with Jaime Collins, Jones too...we need something again this draft to make up for all the others we didn't.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Stories of "What if?" are commonplace in the NFL draft, and one of them connected to the Patriots resurfaced on Thursday at the Super Bowl.

The Patriots owned the 23rd pick in the first round of the 2009 draft, and the way receiver Percy Harvin remembers it, that was one of his two landing spots.

"They had a workout [with me] -- it was two days before the draft," Harvin recalled. "I knew it was either going to be Minnesota or [Bill] Belichick with the next pick. They were actually on the phone trying to trade up and flip-flop. Belichick and [Urban] Meyer have been friends for so long. Belichick visited Florida when Meyer was there, frequently, pretty much every year, so we were familiar with each other. So it came close.”

The Vikings ended up taking Harvin at No. 22 that year. The Patriots then traded down twice -- first from 23 to 26, then from 26 into the second round.

Had Harvin been there at 23, might things have been different?

Patriots' 2009 draft picks
    2a. Patrick Chung, safety
    2b. Ron Brace, defensive tackle
    2c. Darius Butler, cornerback
    2d. Sebastian Vollmer, offensive tackle
    3a. Brandon Tate, receiver
    3b. Tyrone McKenzie, linebacker
    4. Rich Ohrnberger, offensive line
    5. George Bussey, offensive line
    6a. Jake Ingram, long snapper
    6b. Myron Pryor, defensive tackle
    7a. Julian Edelman, wide receiver
    7b. Darryl Richard, defensive tackle

This wasn't one of the stronger drafts for Bill Belichick and his personnel staff. The decisive hits were Vollmer and Edelman, and also landing undrafted free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer (now with the Browns). Outside of Vollmer and Edelman, no other draft picks are on the current roster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4758407/what-might-have-been-with-percy-harvin

my thought:

say Harvin did drop to 23.. I think we win SB 46. he could have made another threat out there as Gronk was hobbled when Brady tossed that god awful pick downfield.

if harvin is in that game game there are more explosive plays and break away plays.

too bad.. 

My thoughts...it would have changed nothing. Harvin is a piece of crystal, like Danny Amendola. Now...if you want to substitute WR Mike Wallace instead of Brandon Tate 84th and 83rd players selected), Wallace may have made a difference. Or...what if the Pats took FS Jarius Byrd over CB Darius Butler (42nd and 41st players selected)?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

My thoughts...it would have changed nothing. Harvin is a piece of crystal, like Danny Amendola. Now...if you want to substitute WR Mike Wallace instead of Brandon Tate 84th and 83rd players selected), Wallace may have made a difference. Or...what if the Pats took FS Jarius Byrd over CB Darius Butler (42nd and 41st players selected)?

Harvin was healthy his first three years. played 45 of 48 games he's played only ten vver the last 34 but he was healthy in 2011 and I think couldve been the difference to equalize an unhealthy Gronk

In response to TripleOG's comment:

we lost the SB because we couldnt get our D off the field. Same thing happened 2 weeks ago.

To me the Taylor Price pick in the 3rd round when Navarro Bowman was there was the biggest miss. Imagine Bowman and Mayo in the middle. I bet that would have been good for atleast ONE more stop.

we also lost because Gronk wasnt healthy (reason brady was picked downfield) and Deion Branch was our 3rd option. put Harvin in there with Hern and Welk it could be a different story.

but yes it would've been nice if the d could make a clutch stop too..

• Sections
    Shortcuts