What if the Superbowl had been this week in Minnesota?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

What if the Superbowl had been this week in Minnesota?

I don't know if there has been a thread on this.

Can you imagine a dome collapse while all the out-of-towners have arrived in the host city and checked in to their hotels?  Could the NFL then move it to another city like they are doing this week?  What do you do about tickets?  Do you play it outdoors like they are doing this week?  If so, do you choose a nearby location to appease the fans that have arrived in the host city, or do you move it to a warm weather city.  Does the NFL have a contingency plan in place?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: What if the Superbowl had been this week in Minnesota?

That would be a logistical nightmare of epic proportions, Joe. There's simply no way to plan for Mother Nature, but realistically, the NFL would never award the Super Bowl to a cold-weather site without a brand new, state-of-the-art facility. What the league has done, oddly enough, is awarded an actual outdoor Super Bowl to New Jersey in 2014. To me, this is a direct slap in the face to the fans. Now, granted, the average Super Bowl attendee may not be your typical hard-core football fan, but asking anyone to pay thousands of dollars for the privilege of freezing his (or her) @ss off for four hours or more is the height of arrogance. Believe me, I will be praying hard for deep, bone-chilling cold, high winds and lots and lots of snow that day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wouldn't surprise me the NFL would cancel the week and move the whole show, lock, stock and barrel, to another city and play the game a week later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Hopefully they take into serious consideration the condition of the site before there was any possibility of this. Ford Field and Lucas Oil are both a lot newer than the Metrodome is. I would think that prudence would make them hire structural engineers to check the site out for such flaws. Since they've decided to allow NJ to host one, I wonder if Kraft won't try to get one at the Razor. Imagine Brady winning a 5th ring (assuming he gets his 4th, just being hopeful!) on his home field! I hope (if NE doesn't make it) when the SB is in NJ it's two teams like the Jags and the Bucs playing after home playoff games! In any case, I'm sure they take precautions to make sure something like that did not happen. Imagine if it had happened during a game. All that snow would have killed anyone standing underneath it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Probably a reason the NFL wont have the superbowl in a blow up dome anytime soon.

Sections
Shortcuts