What if we let the colts score earlier?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottie1983. Show scottie1983's posts

What if we let the colts score earlier?

Been wracking my brain about game on Sunday night, still cant believe we lost that one, and got thinking about what if we had let the colts score on their 1st pocession from our 28 yard line giving us at least 1min 40 secs to drive down field into feild goal territory to win the game. It seemed obvious that no matter where indie had the ball they were going to score a TD therefore why waste time trying to stop the inevitable leaving us with onlt 8 seconds and no time outs to conjure up a miracle.

By doing this i think BB would have saved face a little and if it came of it would have been a ballsie decision and just think of the look on the colts players when they thought they had won the game only for BB to pull one more rabbit out of the hat!

Clutching at straws here but just looking for some thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: What if we let the colts score earlier?

In Response to What if we let the colts score earlier?:
    Been wracking my brain about game on Sunday night, still cant believe we lost that one, and got thinking about what if we had let the colts score on their 1st pocession from our 28 yard line giving us at least 1min 40 secs to drive down field into feild goal territory to win the game. It seemed obvious that no matter where indie had the ball they were going to score a TD therefore why waste time trying to stop the inevitable leaving us with onlt 8 seconds and no time outs to conjure up a miracle. By doing this i think BB would have saved face a little and if it came of it would have been a ballsie decision and just think of the look on the colts players when they thought they had won the game only for BB to pull one more rabbit out of the hat! Clutching at straws here but just looking for some thoughts.
    Posted by scottie1983

Who knows?

When I saw Addai break free up the middle, I thought for certain they'd let him score and put the game back in the offense's hands.

I just don't think the defense has it anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATMAN81. Show PATMAN81's posts

In Response to What if we let the colts score earlier?:
    Been wracking my brain about game on Sunday night, still cant believe we lost that one, and got thinking about what if we had let the colts score on their 1st pocession from our 28 yard line giving us at least 1min 40 secs to drive down field into feild goal territory to win the game. It seemed obvious that no matter where indie had the ball they were going to score a TD therefore why waste time trying to stop the inevitable leaving us with onlt 8 seconds and no time outs to conjure up a miracle. By doing this i think BB would have saved face a little and if it came of it would have been a ballsie decision and just think of the look on the colts players when they thought they had won the game only for BB to pull one more rabbit out of the hat! Clutching at straws here but just looking for some thoughts.
    Posted by scottie1983

This, fellow PATRIOT FANS is what everyone should be focused on.  Not the CALL, BAD SPOT, PASS INTERFENCE, OR POOR OFFICIATING.  After all of that, we still had a chance to win the game, until the worst decision.  The defense decided to make some  untimely tackles.  The following post sums it up  best.

THE BIG GAMBLE DOESN'T PAY OFF, WHAT YOU DO NEXT IS "MOST" IMPORTANT

posted at 11/17/2009 1:50 PM EST
    First: 11/9/2009
    Last: 11/17/2009

We take chances everyday, some you win, and some you don't.  The thing that decides your ultimate success is what you do after the fact.  The most successful people in life have a back up plan to impement in the event of such a debacle.  Jump out of a plane without a back up parachute, your asking for trouble.  Unfortunately for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS and their fans, this is exactly what coach BILL BELICHICK did on Sunday night.  He either failed to execute his "backup plan", or didn't think one was needed (due to prior success rates).

While I reserve the right to question the play calling, poor execution, accuracy of the QB and choice of targets @ critical junctures throughout the game, that preceed the infamous 4th & 2 call, I don't and won't question the DECISION to go for it at all.  I understand it 100%.  I'm an ALPHA MALE and when I compete, I play to win.  I take chances and when I have the opportunity to absolutely crush and humiliate a rival (within the construct of the rules etc...), I won't hesitate.  If I can take his heart in front of his power base to set the stage for future contests, I'll do it.  So, I understand the COACH's decision to go for it.  I support him 100%.

Unfortunately, as the sideline judge begins to motion up & down with his hands as he's running in with an absolutely ridiculous spot, indicating that Mr. Clutch has come up short of the 1st down, the hopes of victory for the PATRIOT NATION are plummeting to earth from 10,000 ft.  Is hope wearing a chute? If so, does it work? If not, do we have a backup chute?  Does it work?  Moments later, that question would be answered as the Colts begin their methodical march to victory.  Hope hit the ground traveling well over 150mph as our defense tackled Adai at the 1yd line with 1:13 remaining on the clock.  Allowing the clock to run down to less than 20 seconds before striking the final blow, HOPE was pronounced dead with 13 seconds remaining on the game clock. 

It is normal after such a "tragedy", to cast all kinds of dispersions regarding the cause such an upsetting event.  We blame everyone but those directly responsible.  The ultimate responsibility for every COACHING STAFF is to put their teams in the BEST possible position to win the game.  The PATRIOTS COACHING STAFF failed to do this on Sunday night.  Past laurels are irrevelant to this discussion.  They are recognized and appreciated.  This is about a "single moment in time" where the usually reliable and practically flawless, failed.  It's that plain and simple.  Failure to have a backup plan or failure to implement one is the SOLE REASON for NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS' loss to the Colts...

**VIDEO SUPPORT**
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8143b6c2/NFL-GameDay-Patriots-vs-Colts-highlights

" Do you swear or affirm to tell the TRUTH, the WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING but the TRUTH, so help you GOD"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

That would have been the irhgt play. Hell, they should have helped Addai into the endzone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from otto101. Show otto101's posts

Once Pats didn't make 1st down, they should let them score quick.  Brady would have had more time to move into FG range.  May be a chance

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Been saying this all along, too late now, on to the Jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Pats scored 10 pts in the final 40 minutes.  On a short field in the 4th they could only muster a fg off of the Manning int. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: What if we let the colts score earlier?:
    Pats scored 10 pts in the final 40 minutes.  On a short field in the 4th they could only muster a fg off of the Manning int. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Due to change in play calling and 2 slightly errant passes that should've been TD's.  Don't kid yourself, we all know that play calling is different inside of 2 minutes and Brady and crew would be facing a prevent defense.  I doubt they're kept out of FG range with 1:30+ on the clock.  Remember, it is you that stated that scoring a FG is something we could accomplish. 

Lastly, you're normally pretty rational.  Unfortunately, you've apparently become inflicted with the same "myopathy" some of my fellow PATRIOT fans have.  Deep down in your soul, you have to very concerned about having to play us again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

GET OVER IT
        Move on

Sections
Shortcuts