What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1?

Just thinking out loud.....would you give up next year's #1 for the Prima Dona WR Crabtree?

You can't deny his football talents, even though he's acting like a bird brain right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1?

I think they would need to trade for him. He is a niner until there is compensation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Sounds nice, but it would probably cost them too much. Besides, we already have Randy and Wes. It'll probably be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick too, so they could get an elite RB, CB, or even LB with that pick. A shutdown corner, another Mayo'ish player, or maybe even an AP'ish RB in that backfield??? Ahh, the possibilities!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1?:
    [QUOTE]I think they would need to trade for him. He is a niner until there is compensation.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

God forbid the Pats ever draft a receiver above the 3rd round...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I think they would need to trade for him. He is a niner until there is compensation.

I assume that's what this poster is saying, trade the pick to SF for Crabtree's rights.  I would submit that a rookie WR is about the last thing this team needs.  If you're dealing an asset like a #1, let's get something that cab help now.  Like a Richard Seymour type...never mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

A trade is what I'm thinking. We give them next year's #1 (32 overall, of course).

We then pay Crabtree less than #10 money, since he will have missed at least 2 games.

tmot, you're thinking of the Raider's 2011 #1.

Imagine next year with Moss, Welker, Tate, Crabtree....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I would say NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!One of the reasons he fell in the draft was that he was showing up to his interviews with hat sideways and decked out in ghetto attire.The guy wants mega millions but can't show enough respect to an organisation to wear a suit?That's why Mangini passed on him.                                                                                                                   We would have to give SF a first rd pick AND give Crabtree a $50 million contract for an unproven, disrespectful little punk.He would be useless this year having missed all of training camp and pre-season. Bottom line.If he's too dumb to figure out that he's never going to be drafted higher than 10 after this nonsense,then he's too dumb for our offense. The fool wants his mock draft pay slot LOL,maybe Mel Kiper should draft him to cut his lawn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1? : God forbid the Pats ever draft a receiver above the 3rd round...
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

I know.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-04-12-jackson.jpg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

BB hates overpaying unproven players.  Crabtree is an unproven player, and would cost boatloads of money, regardless of how many games he misses.  With all the free agents coming up, and the unsettled labor agreement, do you really think BB would dish out a huge bonus to Crabtree while ignoring Wilfork, Mankins, Gostkowski, Green, etc.?

...not a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What if, in a perfect world, Edelman, Nunn, and Tate all turn out to be good receivers?  Do we really need to use a 1st round pick on a WR if that ends up being the case?  Of course, we won't know if that's the case until much later in the season.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

That's what he was saying dude

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds nice, but it would probably cost them too much. Besides, we already have Randy and Wes. It'll probably be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick too, so they could get an elite RB, CB, or even LB with that pick. A shutdown corner, another Mayo'ish player, or maybe even an AP'ish RB in that backfield??? Ahh, the possibilities!
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

You are referring to the Raiders' 2011 pick.  That is not the pick of question here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

While I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Crabtree (even if it is #32), I would like to have him on the team.  Crabtree was the top reciever in the draft last year despite the Raiders taking Howard-Bey before him.  Look, these kids want their money, so I'm not mad at him.  How could you hate on a man trying to get as much money as possible?  I think he would fit in just fine with our team... just not for a #1.  Those are to valuable to spend on a reciever even if the pick pans out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

Very few 1st round receivers are worth the 'value' of the pick, both financially and production wise. (look at Detroit's recent history)

This player and agent must realize that the hold-out strategy is not working as SF apparently now taking missed games off the offer sheet. Despite this, the overall offer is supposedly $1 less than the player chosen before him. They would be very smart to cut their losses and sign asap. If they choose to sit out year and re-enter draft, it would be very unlikely that player will be taken in first round which would further magnify the $ loss.

So if I'm the Pat's, there is no way I would take the risk of losing a 1st rounder with potential risks and costs for this guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

ummm... NO!
    Keep the pick draft best LB you can get (use some of the extra pick depth you have to move up if needed) ie. the 1 and one of the 2's we have should get you around the 10th pick if your around #30.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

dont the 49ers get an extra first rounder if Crabtree reenters next draft???

if thats the case whats the incentive for the 49ers to make another team better? why not keep his rights

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1? : God forbid the Pats ever draft a receiver above the 3rd round...
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

They did, 2nd round 2006.  Unfortunately they took Chad Jackson instead of Greg Jennings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Has anyone said "no" yet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Personally I want nothing to do with Crabtree, the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and has already proven what a prima donna he is.  His sense of entitlement certainly doesn't fit the "football player" type that BB and Co. like to draft. 

If he sits out 2009 and re-enters the 2010 draft, I don't believe a team that takes him owes any compensation to SF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What will happen to Crabtree when he enters the 2011 draft?  How far will he drop?  His decision making just cost him a lot of money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Depends. Who is the best WR in the upcoming draft? Dez Bryant? (Figuring Juniors will come out early to take advantage of salary situation?). A lot of WR drafting seems to simpy come down to 40 times/getting separation. I'm not sure there are a lot of guys who'd really wow you over Crabtree talent wise.

The problem as I see it is, would you rather pay that kind of money to Brandon Marshall, who has a set of off-field issues but has proven he can be that #1-type guy in the NFL as maybe the best young WR available out there (23?, younger than Jennings at least), or do you pay that money to Crabtree? I'd pay Marshall that money before Crabtree, if it was only a talent/performance issue. Seemed like you'd be able to get Marshall for a 1st rounder not that long ago, too...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I want nothing to do with Crabtree, the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and has already proven what a prima donna he is.  His sense of entitlement certainly doesn't fit the "football player" type that BB and Co. like to draft.  If he sits out 2009 and re-enters the 2010 draft, I don't believe a team that takes him owes any compensation to SF.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that. This guy is the anti-patriot player and I wouldn't want him here under any circumstances.
    I believe that if he sits out this entre year (monumentally stupid, but I'm guessing that he's up to the task) he would re-enter the 2010 draft with no obligations to SF.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What if?......Crabtree for 2010 #1? : Amen to that. This guy is the anti-patriot player and I wouldn't want him here under any circumstances. I believe that if he sits out this entre year (monumentally stupid, but I'm guessing that he's up to the task) he would re-enter the 2010 draft with no obligations to SF.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

What would be awesome is if he sits out this year, re-enters in 2010 and no one takes him.  He'd then most likely be tied into the 2011 draft and rookie pay scale if that's implemented, talk about losing MILLIONS!! I know that won't happen, but I'd love to see it happen to this princess of a player.

Sections
Shortcuts