What If?.....Moss vs Revis...the battle for immortality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What If?.....Moss vs Revis...the battle for immortality

All right guys, a lot has been said today about the matchup between Moss and Revis. Revis has called Moss out, Moss out Revis and now Rex is involved. No doubt, Revis is probably the best man to man cover guy in the league. He can and has shown the ability to cover Moss. Just point to last year for example. This will be another great matchup to watch as we head into the weekend. 

For the battle of immortality, would we even be having this discussion if we dialed the clock back 8 years, and we put Randy vs Revis both in year 3-4 of their careers? To me, when Randy was 3-4 years into the league, he was uncoverable man to man. What say you?...Who wins the battle for immortality if Randy and Revis were of equal age?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: What If?.....Moss vs Revis...the battle for immortality

The better question is how would it go if Revis got called everytime he held a receiver. Besides Revis can't cover all the Pats receivers and tight ends at the same time. Let him chase Randy all over the field while Brady completes to everyone else. If this were basketball the jets secondary would have fouled out last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to What If?.....Moss vs Revis...the battle for immortality:
    [QUOTE]All right guys, a lot has been said today about the matchup between Moss and Revis. Revis has called Moss out, Moss out Revis and now Rex is involved. No doubt, Revis is probably the best man to man cover guy in the league. He can and has shown the ability to cover Moss. Just point to last year for example. This will be another great matchup to watch as we head into the weekend.  For the battle of immortality, would we even be having this discussion if we dialed the clock back 8 years, and we put Randy vs Revis both in year 3-4 of their careers? To me, when Randy was 3-4 years into the league, he was uncoverable man to man. What say you?...Who wins the battle for immortality if Randy and Revis were of equal age?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Revis, Schmevis; it's a team game. I don't care if a single pass is thrown Moss' way, if his routes allow other receivers to be productive and the Pats win the game.  This mano-y-mano BS is stirred up by the Globe's pitiful sportswriters; I guarantee BB doesn't care about it.

Expect big games from Welker, Gronk, Hernanzez, Tate and one Kevin Faulk!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why wasn't Revis covering Bouldin last night?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

moss is going to embarrass Revis this week

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think Randy is ticked off and wants to show Revis a thing or two. I hope Randy does burn him for a few long ones. Heres to hoping anyways!

Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Why wasn't Revis covering Boldin last night?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    Rex was concerned that his speed might not be back to its peak.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/1728/rex-boldin-shouldve-been-on-revis-island

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: What If?.....Moss vs Revis...the battle for immortality:
    [QUOTE]Rex was concerned that his speed might not be back to its peak. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/1728/rex-boldin-shouldve-been-on-revis-island
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I know what he said but after the rookie got burned a few times he never moved him over. A slow Revis would have been better than a fast rookie. Don't you think???/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The rookie needed safety help. Moss is one of the best ever. I think moss was hurt last year and wasn't 100%. He's healthy this year so the gloves are comming off. This won't be Flacco throwing him the ball either. I bet Brady throws to moss a few times. I'd liked to see a young Ty Law or Lawyer Milloy on a young Moss.

Sections
Shortcuts