What is Belichick brewing up??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

What is Belichick brewing up??

I've seen a ton of new threads about all the players being released, and speculation about freeing up cap space to make some moves...  What do you guys think BB has up his sleeves?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Re: What is Belichick brewing up??

Clearing roster spots for 2 PUP list players and will soon bring back Tully. Not expecting a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the release of galloway cost the pats 1.7 million.it didnt free up anything on his part.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up??:
    [QUOTE]the release of galloway cost the pats 1.7 million.it didnt free up anything on his part.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that was all guaranteed money and whether any team that signs him is responsible for a pro-rated portion of that salary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]the release of galloway cost the pats 1.7 million.it didnt free up anything on his part.

This much movement is not about PUP guys. It is a lot of cap space. I am guessing Peppers (big dollars).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tigersmith. Show Tigersmith's posts

i still think pats will make a trade, we have way to many draft picks its crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Peppers is done.  Let's get DeMarcus Ware! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Alexander and TBC are expected to be resigned so really Matthews and Galloway are the only real releases here which oddly enough we have 2 players on the PuP. I'm kinda surprised by Matthews actually. I know he didn't do much but it allowed for the 3 TE set BB has been running on short yards and the 6th OL formation. Well that and we basically traded Thomas for Matthews so more wasted draft picks. But you know what we have 3 2nd's (in 2010) and 2 1st (in 2011) so losing a couple 5th and later picks doesn't hurt to much 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to What is Belichick brewing up??:
    [QUOTE]I've seen a ton of new threads about all the players being released, and speculation about freeing up cap space to make some moves...  What do you guys think BB has up his sleeves?
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Something diabolical I hope! lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up?? : I wonder if that was all guaranteed money and whether any team that signs him is responsible for a pro-rated portion of that salary.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE] i know all his money is guarantee.as for another team picking him up shouldnt have to be responsible for it if he was released.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from md14. Show md14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up?? : This much movement is not about PUP guys. It is a lot of cap space. I am guessing Peppers (big dollars).
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

How much cap space is left now????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up?? : This much movement is not about PUP guys. It is a lot of cap space. I am guessing Peppers (big dollars).
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE] you hit the nail on the head,cap space.we lust lost a bit with the galloway release.sure there is a 21 day window on the pup guys,but if i know the pats,they will just get it out of the way now.instead of 21 days from now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Resign TBC. Activate LeVoir. Activate Tate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up?? : How much cap space is left now????
    Posted by md14[/QUOTE] before this it was 5.16 million under.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

ZB, again is right....so is mosseffect. The math for getting Peppers doesn't compute. You'd have to pick up Banta Cain and trade him and AD (and probably someone else) to even get close to having the room to pick up Peppers' contract. It's far more likely the space is being cleared on the roster for the Pats brass to activate players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Belichick brewing up?? : before this it was 5.16 million under.

But that isn't enough. And trading AT (which won't occur) accelerates his bonus to 2009 resulting in a massive cap hit to the tune of almost $14 mill including his regular cap figure.

There isn't room to bring in . . .

Peppers
    Ware
    or anything else that is big, unless there is a generous sign and trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

So let me get this straight, he is going to activate Brandon Tate before he even practices? Especially since he has three weeks to do so, and the guy probably wouldn't play this Sunday anyway?

Nope. There is more here than meets the eye Optimus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

In Response to What is Belichick brewing up??:
    [QUOTE]I've seen a ton of new threads about all the players being released, and speculation about freeing up cap space to make some moves...  What do you guys think BB has up his sleeves?
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Julius Pepper's Perhaps?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think this is the case, but could an extension for Wilfork or Brady be in the works?  If this weren't happening on the day of the trade deadline I would think this is what is happening.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

They have 20ish days to make a decision about Tate after he's activated to practice with the team. Doesn't have to be an instant decision.

But they know what Nunn can do, and he can be brought up from the practice squad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

IMHO, it seems like there could be some trade. I strongly speculate that Adalius Thomas would be a part. I feel that they could be making a play for some high impact OLB/DE or running back. We have decent second string receivers in Aiken and mini-Welker. If need arises, Nunn could be promoted to active squad. Tate is a touchy subject, but Pats have time (3 weeks) to discuss his development. AD's absence from the game suggest that he was benched to make sure he doesn't get hurt, which could throw away any leverage that BB would have. Also, DE/OLB dont have the best playing condition in snow, footing is a problem that negates the explosive 1st step that these athletes rely on. My haunch is that AD's benching was 70% something we dont know about and 30% performance

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

At least we should know shortly after 4 pm...  Won't have to wait long to see how this one plays out...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

yes, it did space for an additional player being assigned to the roster.

24. This post has been removed.