What is Florida thinking exactly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

What is Florida thinking exactly?

The 2014 University of Florida calendar's player of the month for July is Aaron Hernandez

Not sure that is the smartest nor more importantly the most proper thing to do

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: What is Florida thinking exactly?

My guess is its the old adage that any publicity is good publicity. UF could pull the calender off the shelves and the Hernandez calender becomes a collectible and the UF still saves face and gets free press. I read somewhere that this calender was fixed/made over a year ago before Hernandez was arrested. My personal thoughts are that they should pull it, but they put up the money to make it so any profit or loss is theirs. In the end you could have someone editing the calender that knows very little about football and just does what he's told.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

My guess is its the old adage that any publicity is good publicity. UF could pull the calender off the shelves and the Hernandez calender becomes a collectible and the UF still saves face and gets free press. I read somewhere that this calender was fixed/made over a year ago before Hernandez was arrested. My personal thoughts are that they should pull it, but they put up the money to make it so any profit or loss is theirs. In the end you could have someone editing the calender that knows very little about football and just does what he's told.

well if its about PR and/or money that is pathetic as the Gators hardly need either and in light of what Hernandez was charged with is reprehensible...to be fair he was a star there and in the NFL before all the craziness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Aaron who? :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

well if its about PR and/or money that is pathetic as the Gators hardly need either and in light of what Hernandez was charged with is reprehensible...to be fair he was a star there and in the NFL before all the craziness

Totally agree. They could of pulled this calendar - yeah it would of cost them some money - but it easily was the right thing to do. Imagine being the University of Florida and having a murderer (with your name attached to him) on people's walls for the entire month of July?? Bunch of idiots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They're about as smart as their football graduates.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ewhite1065's comment:

They're about as smart as their football graduates.

well some of their football grads are smart...maybe  : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

The 2014 University of Florida calendar's player of the month for July is Aaron Hernandez

As I understand it, the final approval was made before AH was indicted.  On the other hand, their football program has so much cash - they should just have canned the calendar, never to be released, and taken the cost of printing for a loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

As I understand it, the final approval was made before AH was indicted.  On the other hand, their football program has so much cash - they should just have canned the calendar, never to be released, and taken the cost of printing for a loss.

completely agree

Sections
Shortcuts