What is it about Vick you don't like...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

What is it about Vick you don't like...

First let me say that I am not in favor of him coming to NE, Unless he's paid vet min and he is the punt return guy.

So.. what are the issues:
    1) Dog fighting
    2) smoking pot
    3) Ron Mexico
    4) Lying

Dog fighting is not my thing. I don't condone it and I would be happy if it went away completely. But I am aware that it is a cultural thing and different societies look at things very differently.. it is illegal and he knew it going in. That's that part that is of concern. The character part of the whole thing.. So I'm going to say that having dogs fight is not a red light for me.. maybe i'm on my own here.

Smoking Pot.. Not a major issue for me. I used to do it back in the day. he doesn't need to be doing that as an adult.. But it can be worked out.

Ron Mexico.. STD's are a bad thing but you can't tell a grown person how to have sex.. Unless there are children involved.

Lying.. This is the sticking point for me. This relates directly to character. I know that people make mistakes. We should be forgiving of things when a person is remorseful. But Mike lied to everyone.. and did it a second and third time when they were trying to help him.. That is a serious character flaw.. I would need to see and feel a change to becoming a responsible person before I would forgive and forget...

Just my take...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: What is it about Vick you don't like...

Maybe it wasn't really a lie.

Maybe he simply misinterpreted the rule.
    Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I hope someone says "his haircut."

OK, I will.

His haircut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

You make a valid point Prairiemike..  Maybe he thought the dogs were just roughhousing... LOL... 

Zeb
    His haircut is weak..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

He's not an accurate passer. He throws too many INTs. He fumbles a lot.
    He's an exciting runner but we have a full house of RBs who are more than capable. Hopefully, someone else will sign him soon and we can return to the really important stuff like why we think one political party is better than the other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Agree with yapple, he is a lousy QB, I think his completion percent is under 50 percent, he is a runner, can only beat you with his legs.

When he went to jail and was replaced by Matt Ryan, Atlanta finally got a real QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

What I don't like about Vick.....

That's a loaded question!!!

From a football standpoint:
    1. He seems predisposed to running the ball instead of trying to find his receivers.
    2. He lacks the intelligence to read defenses and relies on his athletic ability too much.
    3. He has a dismal completion percentage, and though I don't take the QB rating system as gospel, his is not very good.
    4. He seems to be more of a "me" type player rather than being team oriented.

From a personal standpoint:
    He is a sadistic rotten lying no good SOB who tortures helpless animals!!!

Need I say more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Thanks
    These are exactly the answers I wanted. As I stated in my OP. I don't want him here. It seemed as though everyone was focused on dog fighting. IMHO that was not even in the top 5 for me. But none of his very poor off field activities are the reason I don't want and the Patriots don't need him. None of his skill sets mental or physical match up with what the Patriots look for or need. Like I said. If he wants to try out as a punt return guy I'd give him a look..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I'm breaking this down on two points:

Vick's quarterbacking skills:  I've always thought he was overrated.  Great runner, great arm, but not much pocket presence or accuracy.

Vick as a person:  So he smokes the ganja.  Big deal, it's not killing anybody.  And I buy the cultural argument for dog fighting, it's prevalent in many parts of the world.  I don't condone it at all, but rooster (c o c k) fighting, dog fighting, etc. is a commonplace thing -- people don't grasp that it is cruel.  And many Americans  would be shocked to know that dogs are raised as cattle in many parts of the world -- ever been to Asia?  So it's all about the context.    

But to run a dogfighting ring and do some of the things he admitted to is another animal all together, excuse the pun.  It was a stupid and arrogant thing to do and speaks volumes about who he is as a person.  To me, he is a pariah.  Not saying he doesn't deserve another chance, but let's just hope he gets it somewhere other than NE.           

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

justme2 i think your list touches on all things wrong with Vick the person, as we all know by now, has a lot of room for improvement.

As for Vick the football player:

1. Vick took the falcons to the NFC title game.

2. While at Atlanta he had multiple different coaches and thus different scheme   to learn and implement with sub-par receivers and offensive line.

3. Vick is not a exclusively throwing (pocket) QB, he is a multi-dimensional player who can may plays with his legs and arm thus changed the way we look at QB's in the NFL.

4. Vick statistics as a throwing QB is average at best but also misleading. His throwing stats is not a concern to me because his rushing yards per game makes up for it.

5. Vick represents the new brand/generation of QB's. No QB before or after Vick can do what he has done and to some fans who don’t understand what this new brand is all about resort to criticizing and bashing Vick's development into a proven/winning QB. Old school vs. new school is the classic clash of ideology that will never go away but amplified when concerning Vick.

With that said I think its best for Vick to go to the UFL, get a full season of football in and let all the bandwagon Vick bashers yell, scream, and holler to get their anger out so that when he is ready for the NFL the distraction will be minimal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Hey Antleite
    Thanks for responding. I think you hit some very good points. I will just add one thing. If you talked with all the best coaches in the league, in or out of the game. They will almost all tell you that the experiement know as the Slash/Hybrid/Mobile/Whatever QB has run it's coarse. It sure is fun to watch but it doesn't produce results on a consistant basis. There will be Big/Huge plays made. But they get shut down when it really matters. maybe someone else can explain it better than me. But just look around the league and you will see that most teams are moving back to the pocket passer. More brains than brawn is the current trend. probably has something to do with the speed of the big men on the other side of the ball. DL's @ 300LB's and LB's @ 250 LB's are like freight trains today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

I think it'd be quicker to list the things mentioned that don't bother me.

The pot smoking.  Don't care.

He lied to Goodell?  Don't care.  Care about the crime, don't have extra anger because he didn't simply break down and confess once confronted. 

Not all that impressed with his QB play.  Great running doesn't compensate enough for poor passing.  Accuracy is the #1 thing I want from a QB.  I would rather have Chad Pennington than Michael Vick, even though Vick's arm is much stronger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to What is it about Vick you don't like...:
    [QUOTE]First let me say that I am not in favor of him coming to NE, Unless he's paid vet min and he is the punt return guy.  So.. what are the issues: 1) Dog fighting 2) smoking pot 3) Ron Mexico 4) Lying Dog fighting is not my thing. I don't condone it and I would be happy if it went away completely. But I am aware that it is a cultural thing and different societies look at things very differently.. it is illegal and he knew it going in. That's that part that is of concern. The character part of the whole thing.. So I'm going to say that having dogs fight is not a red light for me.. maybe i'm on my own here. Smoking Pot.. Not a major issue for me. I used to do it back in the day. he doesn't need to be doing that as an adult.. But it can be worked out. Ron Mexico.. STD's are a bad thing but you can't tell a grown person how to have sex.. Unless there are children involved. Lying.. This is the sticking point for me. This relates directly to character. I know that people make mistakes. We should be forgiving of things when a person is remorseful. But Mike lied to everyone.. and did it a second and third time when they were trying to help him.. That is a serious character flaw.. I would need to see and feel a change to becoming a responsible person before I would forgive and forget... Just my take...
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]
     You forgot the fact that he let all the ATL fans know that they were #1 or flipped um' the bird, however you want to say it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Hey NFL
    Very colorful.. My opinion is not all that far from yours.. What I wanted to know is what are the reasons he is a low life POS. Was it the dog fighting, Lying, Giving the finger..  maybe all of those things. But look around and we have guy's commiting man slaughter and not getting lynched for it.  Drunk driving, beating on their wives and SO's, Drugs. Can you tell me why MV is not worthy but those other guys are.. Or maybe none of them is worth redemption..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

How about he's exciting to watch because of his running capabilities but he lacks the smarts to ever win in the playoffs. Put him down as good for the $$$ bottom line but don't expect any trophies.

That may not qualify as a reason not to 'like' him but it was why I never wanted him on the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"cultural thing and different societies look at things very differently."

Are you serious? So its against the law and most normal people with a brain in their heads know its not ok to do such things but when poor and stupid people from the ghettos all over the country do it and its a cultural thing? give me a break, thats just white America afraid of being called racist and trying to be PC about it. I dont care if your black, white, red, or yellow. Poor, rich, gangsta, or red neck killing and torturing Animals for fun so you and your friends can bet on it is sick and twisted and not ok by any means. I dont care if they grew up thinking it was ok its not ok and as soon as he was old enough to think for himself and use his brain he should have known it was not ok. knowing right from wrong is not rocket science and it does not matter where your from or who you grew up with it is not ok.

My problem with Mike Vick is he is a horrible human being and if he wants forgivness i suggest he finds religion cause he is not getting it from me. He can have a second chancem, let him get a job doing construction he does not need to make more then my entire family in order to get a second chance. People like him dont derserve a shot at teh NFL if he wants a second chance he should geta normal job like the rest of us....that would be a perfectly good second chance to someone who has truely learned their lesson but since he clearly has not learned his lesson he still feels intitled to playing in the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tigerpaws7. Show tigerpaws7's posts

he is a great athlete but the hype used to drive me crazy. once he said that he was as good or better than brady and manning. maybe better athlete but no where near the quarterback. most of his stats other than running were on the lower tier of quarterbacks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NationalFelonLeague. Show NationalFelonLeague's posts

In Response to Re: What is it about Vick you don't like...:
    [QUOTE]Hey NFL Very colorful.. My opinion is not all that far from yours.. What I wanted to know is what are the reasons he is a low life POS. Was it the dog fighting, Lying, Giving the finger..  maybe all of those things. But look around and we have guy's commiting man slaughter and not getting lynched for it.  Drunk driving, beating on their wives and SO's, Drugs. Can you tell me why MV is not worthy but those other guys are.. Or maybe none of them is worth redemption..
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

He is a POS for all the reasons I listed; immoral, entitled, arrogant PLUS the animal torture. He's a sick SOB that thinks he deserves to play for the NFL. WRONG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Are you saying there are felons in the world of sports? nooooooo lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Hey MVPkilla
    As you can see. I'm not lobbying for him. I know he's a POS and I don't want him near my team. Just wondering what makes him worse than Ray lewis.. But I will say that I strongly disagree with your very narrow views on Societies and cultures. maybe you don't believe this is a melting pot..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]"cultural thing and different societies look at things very differently." Are you serious? So its against the law and most normal people with a brain in their heads know its not ok to do such things but when poor and stupid people from the ghettos all over the country do it and its a cultural thing? give me a break, thats just white America afraid of being called racist and trying to be PC about it. I dont care if your black, white, red, or yellow. Poor, rich, gangsta, or red neck killing and torturing Animals for fun so you and your friends can bet on it is sick and twisted and not ok by any means. I dont care if they grew up thinking it was ok its not ok and as soon as he was old enough to think for himself and use his brain he should have known it was not ok. knowing right from wrong is not rocket science and it does not matter where your from or who you grew up with it is not ok. My problem with Mike Vick is he is a horrible human being and if he wants forgivness i suggest he finds religion cause he is not getting it from me. He can have a second chancem, let him get a job doing construction he does not need to make more then my entire family in order to get a second chance. People like him dont derserve a shot at teh NFL if he wants a second chance he should geta normal job like the rest of us....that would be a perfectly good second chance to someone who has truely learned their lesson but since he clearly has not learned his lesson he still feels intitled to playing in the NFL.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

MVP,

I like your posts and I usually agree with you, but not this time.  I am not defending Vick by any means, but to ignore the cultural argument is to say that everyone else is wrong.   You're looking at it from your POV, and your opinion is your opinion, which is fine.  My post was not "white America", as I am not white, so I hope you're not responding to me only.   

Some things are cultural, and I could cite you many examples of what you think is cruel that others think is sport: Bullfighting?  Bull gets the short end of the stick 99% of the time, so all Spaniards are evil?  Greyhound racing?  Those little guys sit in a box for 20+ hours a day.  Fox hunts?  Those evil English!  Coyote trapping?  C O C K fighting?  A top sport in Latin America and worldwide.     Sportfishing?  That poor Marlin stuck up on the wall.  Trophy hunting?  That gazelle wants its head back! And yes, like it or not, and I don't, dog fighting.       

What about factory farming?  What about dogs raised as cattle in Korea?  Are all these things cruel?  We ignore it beacuse we grew up eating chicken and pork and are desensitized to the fact that animals are raised and slaughtered to feed us.  

Did Vick act poorly?  Yes, no doubt.  The guy did two years in Leavenworth.  To me, he's paid his debt.  Would I want him on the Pats?  No way Jose.  But let's not ignore the fact that many things that are cruel from your POV are commonplace and accepted in many other places.                       

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Hey MVPkilla
    As you can see. I'm not lobbying for him. I know he's a POS and I don't want him near my team. Just wondering what makes him worse than Ray lewis.. But I will say that I strongly disagree with your very narrow views on Societies and cultures. maybe you don't believe this is a melting pot.. " - justme

Ray Lewis was never convicted of a crime. Nor did he do anything, his only "crime" was not offering up information to teh police about an incident at a night club he was at. Other then that he had nothing to do with it. Vick on teh other hand was the guy who funded this whole criminal enterprise and he personally killed dogs that did not live up to his standards. That is how he is different then Ray Lewis. That and Ray Lewis is a stand up human being and Vick is a POS.

As for teh melting pot comment I 100% realize that America is a melting pot, and if some asian guy or other immigrant got cought doing this that would a good argument, you could say in his country it is ok to dog fight. However Mike Vick is American! and the cultural thing you guys are talking about is not about immigrants who dont know better. What you guys are saying is that the poor people in America who grow up in teh ghettos or down south think its ok and its a part of their culture and that is not the same thing! Just because you grow up in a sh*t area and around sh*tty ghetto people does not mean that your "culture" says its ok to torture and murder animals for fun. Mike Vick is American and in America dog fighting is not an excepted thing to do. Its not a culture thing its a stupid f*cking idiot thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Vick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

[QUOTE]"cultural thing and different societies look at things very differently." Are you serious? So its against the law and most normal people with a brain in their heads know its not ok to do such things but when poor and stupid people from the ghettos all over the country do it and its a cultural thing? give me a break, thats just white America afraid of being called racist and trying to be PC about it. I dont care if your black, white, red, or yellow. Poor, rich, gangsta, or red neck killing and torturing Animals for fun so you and your friends can bet on it is sick and twisted and not ok by any means. I dont care if they grew up thinking it was ok its not ok and as soon as he was old enough to think for himself and use his brain he should have known it was not ok. knowing right from wrong is not rocket science and it does not matter where your from or who you grew up with it is not ok. My problem with Mike Vick is he is a horrible human being and if he wants forgivness i suggest he finds religion cause he is not getting it from me. He can have a second chancem, let him get a job doing construction he does not need to make more then my entire family in order to get a second chance. People like him dont derserve a shot at teh NFL if he wants a second chance he should geta normal job like the rest of us....that would be a perfectly good second chance to someone who has truely learned their lesson but since he clearly has not learned his lesson he still feels intitled to playing in the NFL.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    I agree. I also feel that the NFL is letting MV back for the almighty dollar and that is it. When are we ever going to begin to teach today's children that bad decisions and unbelievably horrible behavior will carry a high cost? These atheletes, movie stars, rappers and all have grown up with such a sense of entitlement that it is having a negative effect on todays society, especially our children. When does it stop?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NationalFelonLeague. Show NationalFelonLeague's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is it about Vick you don't like... : I agree. I also feel that the NFL is letting MV back for the almighty dollar and that is it. When are we ever going to begin to teach today's children that bad decisions and unbelievably horrible behavior will carry a high cost? These atheletes, movie stars, rappers and all have grown up with such a sense of entitlement that it is having a negative effect on todays society, especially our children. When does it stop?
    Posted by hoochiemgg[/QUOTE]

It won't stop until fans cause a helluva ruckus about it, which is exactly what some are attempting to accomplish by saying enough is enough with this SOB Vick. If we put our collective feet down when it comes to morals and boycott  teams that employ these punk *ss players, then maybe the NFL will get the f*c#*%$ message.

Sections
Shortcuts