What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012?

garytx I agree The WR fix should come from FAcy but to say you don't take one in the draft is a little crazy. there are WR's that will be available in round 3 that could also be your return guy so I would not say no WR drafted at all.

DE/ OLB is a definate need and I say go after this in FAcy as well, there is plenty of tallent there.

The draft should be focused on Oline Konz in particular and a CB and or Safety, I like Barron though I know some think he is too much like Chung (ss not FS) I really like him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

The Pats need to upgrade the Safety and coner backs and that is there #1 priority.  Secondly, they need the pass rush from the draft who can learn from the vets like Carter and Anderson.  Last but not least, they need to pick up the vet. wide out who can stretch the field as #1 receiver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012?:
    [QUOTE]1.Draft or sign a stud DT to play next to VW. VW has put in some serious work and has been extremely durable but if he were to go down for a length of time our defense really would be horrible. With 2 guys to command a double team we would open up pass rushing lanes for the guys on the edges.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

+1

We are going to kill Vince if we continue to play him this much.  HE PLAYED THE MOST SNAPS OUT OF ANY DEFENSIVE PLAYER on the team and NE ranked near the bottom of the league in plays against on the season.  This isn't going to change unless we bring in some DL help.  A dominant D-line opens up the whole defense.  Does anyone think it's a coincidence that a lot of guys in SF's secondary had career years this past season?  That defensive front was filthy.  The NFL might not be the same league anymore, but winning the battle in the trenches is just as important as ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We need a pass rush. D line or OLB I dont care. If we get a good pass rush the DB's will look a lot better. The CB's we have cant cover man for 10 seconds each play. No one could. If theres questions about Brace get someone to help VW, or get a DE if theres a better one available. We had not enough pressure in the back field all year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

We have a 2 TE offense where ours both combined for over 150 catches and 1800 yards.

Wr's are a complimentary piece in this offense and seeing as Wes will be franchised,. I wouldnt put WR # 1 on the list.

You have safety as the 4th biggest need?!

IMO, this is the Biggest need of all. Noone outside of Chung on our roster has any business being on the field.

Remember how big an impact Rodney had when he came here in 03'?

I think Safety is the biggest need. If for no other reason then we have Noone. OUr defensive secondary was near last all year because of it and we can even say its why we lost. (no safety help over Manningham)

We need someone very good to elite at this position to pair w/CHung. Chung could be great but he wont be anything as long as he it out of position and covering up mistakes of others.

Get Landry NOW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]We have a 2 TE offense where ours both combined for over 150 catches and 1800 yards. Wr's are a complimentary piece in this offense and seeing as Wes will be franchised,. I wouldnt put WR # 1 on the list.

RESPONSE: A deep threat WR is not a complimentary piece. The Pats have nothing at WR (Wes Welker is an inside slot man). A legitimate deep  threat makes it easier to run, and for Brady to complete his bread and butter short stuff. When one of the "big three" receivers, Welker, Gronk. or Hernandez gets hurt, the offense seriously suffers. Do you really want to go into 2012 with a 33 year old Deion Branch and a worthless Chad Ochocinco?  

You have safety as the 4th biggest need?! IMO, this is the Biggest need of all. Noone outside of Chung on our roster has any business being on the field. Remember how big an impact Rodney had when he came here in 03'? I think Safety is the biggest need. If for no other reason then we have Noone. OUr defensive secondary was near last all year because of it and we can even say its why we lost. (no safety help over Manningham) We need someone very good to elite at this position to pair w/CHung. Chung could be great but he wont be anything as long as he it out of position and covering up mistakes of others. Get Landry NOW!

RESPONSE: Safety certainly is a need...but not nearly as great a need as at WR, OG/OC, or DT. The Pats have somethingthere...although there's no question that an upgrade is needed. Please...stop pointing to the Manningham play. The coverage was actually pretty good. But, it was defeated by a perfect Eli Manning pass, and an outstanding job of keeping his feet in bounds by Manningham.
         Had the Pats had a legitimate deep threat to go to in the SB, there's no way that the Giants could have gotten away with that 8, or sometimes 9 in the box stuff that they used to hold Brady and the boys to just 17 points.

Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jesus do you guys look at the depth chart?  Defensive tackle is the most pressing need, you talk about the age of our receivers, guards and center but ignore that Gerrard Warren already retired once, beyond him, Vince and Brace we have guys who get pushed around too easily.  

We need a impact D tackle, if that means moving up in the 1st round so be it, but that has to come first. There is no pass rush this season until we started putting a 3 man defensive line out there, without the bulls to do this we'll continue to get pushed around on D during the regular season.

I also think BB will pick up a vet safety instead of relying on another rookie to come around.

As with every draft we can hope and predict which we think are most pressing positions of need, but until the draft actually starts and players start dropping off the board there is no predicting where BB will spend his picks.  

I have a prediction; if there is a run of offensive players in the 1st round BB will draft the best defender available who fits the 3/4, if there is a run of defensive players BB will draft an offensive guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tex, I think in this offense, getting a deep threat is ok, but not imperative. First of all, Brady doesnt even like going deep that often and neither do the coaches and thats why Moss was shown the door( the temptation to throw to him was getting to affect Brady)

I dont see someone else coming in for Brady to get lazy again. Gronk is your # 1 reciever. He cant beat  lb's and safeties deep.

Could we use a player that commands attention and gets a cushion? Yes. A Reggie Wayne will do just fine. Seeing as our "deep threat" would mostly be a decoy, why break the bank? I really dont need to see another WR drafted, and to me, after watching this years prospects, I see no reason why to waste a pick there.

I agree with Wozzy that if anything get a D-lineman early, but this team didnt lose because of a lack of deep threat. If they wanted guys to back off, they could have put Chad out there as a decoy, I mean the guy still has quicks. I know how to evaluate a player, and Ocho is not done physically, he just wasnt open where Brady wanted him to be, but he showed he could still get open. Ocho needs  dedication from Brady and for him to show patience. An offseason will help.

I dont care if Branch returns, but for cheap money he could still play a small role here.

You get R.Wayne and a cheaper, younger WR in Free Agency like a E.Royal or Shipley type and work on the defense cuz in the SB, we didnt have ONE 3 and out!

Thats my take on it, but we will all know soon enough.

Get 2 WR's in Free Agency. An Elite but older WR in Wayne, and a cheaper, slot type guy to groom when Wes leaves.

Get your Experienced Safety in Free Agency.

Get your Experienced, 2nd tier CB in Free Agency for insurance as Ras is injury prone and McCourty is an enigma.

Get your Experienced , almost over the hill bruiser RB in Free agency.

Grab a Cheap, 3-4 hybrid, 4 year player in free agency ala M.Vrabel in 01'

Use your picks to draft a Stud D-lineman, Linebacker, CB, Center, Safety, TE, Wr project late round,  in that order.

Go back to the SB, and Win it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ Right if we really needed a deep threat why not play Chad more then 25% of the snaps this season,(18.4 ypc is good for top 5 players in the league) it is obvious we were content with using the shorter wr routes. Branch who played 75% of the snaps despite only catching 51% of his targets was our #4 option.

Pretty clear to me that BB is not interested in using long passing plays despite what the national media says we need. We shipped out Moss and started using the 2 TE set more then any team in the NFL. Not too mention at 35 Brady has taken a pounding and never regained his deep ball form after the devastating knee injury.

We want a short controlled passing game that limits turnovers. Mix it with a healthy dose of the run(which we have not seen) and an effective play action game and our offense has ZERO issues. 5,300 passing yards and 34 ppg tells me that a deep threat is not the issue.

Defensive line, Safety,DE/OLB or 2? Those are the areas of concern on this team, and if we let BJGE walk we should trade a pick for a vet RB that can help us sell play action. Nobody respected our play action as we rarely ran the ball more then 1 or 2 plays in a row.

A deep threat can only be effective if we throw to him often, and connect at a high rate. Does anybody really think that offensive philosophy is what we are gearing toward? I don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Good post T.C.

I also believe if we get a top flight RB, the playcalling will change. No since begging for Benny to get more reps. If they liked him that much, he would play more.

Its the same thing as when we had Rutledge and Wiggins at TE. Back then it was clear Rutledge was the blocking TE and Wiggy the pass catching TE. We had to sub them in and out to get down the field. They had hoped Graham would be the answer and was not. Now we finally have Gronk,  a guy who blocks and catches at an elite level.

We need the Gronk of Rb's. A Solid guy who can Run, Catch, Block at a high level and the only reason he leaves the field is when he needs a breather.

You feature him and use Ridley as the change of pace back. You utitlize Vareen on 3rd downs to be a pass catcher.

As much as I like Benny, I am thinking and hoping they move on and upgrade the position or you will see more of # 12 passing. I think Rid and Vareen will come back more mature, but as a RB, you usually are what you are. I would upgrade the position and use Rid and Reen' as complimentary peices.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Defensive front seven, and back four. Then WR who plays at the edge, not necessarily a deep threat, but someone who beats man coverage.

At any rate, the defense needs to get off the field. Too many teams have executed their game plan against the defense, chew up clock, keep the offense on the sidelines, and hope for the final possession. Heck, NE is a shanked FG away from not even making the Superbowl because of it, and lost that way to the Giants twice, and the Steelers once. 

The key, there, is getting people who can play better than two deep way off the line, essentially 'containing' teams. 

OL, as usual, is just a continuous need. You can't really stop drafting a roster spot that you need 8+ of on your roster. 

In the end, draft where your talent is weakest ... DE/OLB, S/CB, WR (perimeter).

NE doesn't have anything fancy at RB, but they also have two draft picks from 2011 they are developing, so you don't really want to double that spot up and waste development too much. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Front seven , at least imho is by far and away the most pressing need. If it were up to me we'd focus on DE , OLB , WR , OL , S , in that order. I'm all set with reaching and getting a S in the first two rds. I don't think there's one thy worth a first rd pick. Imho this draft is pretty deep at DE , WR and OL. That's where the talent is and this team needs talent at those positions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Good post T.C. I also believe if we get a top flight RB, the playcalling will change. No since begging for Benny to get more reps. If they liked him that much, he would play more.

RESPONSE: There are no "top flight" RBs available in this draft, save Trent Richardson. If the Pats want one, they can go after free agent Arian Foster, or Ray Rice. But, odds are that both of these guys will be franchised.

Its the same thing as when we had Rutledge and Wiggins at TE. Back then it was clear Rutledge was the blocking TE and Wiggy the pass catching TE. We had to sub them in and out to get down the field. They had hoped Graham would be the answer and was not. Now we finally have Gronk,  a guy who blocks and catches at an elite level. We need the Gronk of Rb's. A Solid guy who can Run, Catch, Block at a high level and the only reason he leaves the field is when he needs a breather.

RESPONSE: What do you think of drafting TE Coby Fleener, and moving Aaron Hernandez to WR, Jay? Fleener looks like another Gronk...and would give the Pats plenty of depth, should anything happen to Gronk or Hernandez.

You feature him and use Ridley as the change of pace back. You utitlize Vareen on 3rd downs to be a pass catcher. As much as I like Benny, I am thinking and hoping they move on and upgrade the position or you will see more of # 12 passing. I think Rid and Vareen will come back more mature, but as a RB, you usually are what you are. I would upgrade the position and use Rid and Reen' as complimentary peices.

RESPONSE: Still think that a legitimate deep threat would make the RBs that the Pats already have more effective.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tex, You are right about a deep threat opening up things for RB's. There is no arguing that, I am just questioning how much resources you put into that position for just decoy and opening things up purposes. Brady is a low percentage deep ball thrower. His best assets are throwing to Wr's sitting down in zones. The Stick throws. He is great between 5 -25 yards. Very good between 25 -40 yards and just average to below average over 40 yards, IMO

So, I think that need is already filled if you get Chad on the field. I also think Wayne, while not the burner he once was, still demands a cushion that will allow him to dominate underneath. Our problem has been getting a WR to get a crucial !st down when needed. It was the same thing in 06' when we had to go to a washed up Troy Brown to end the game and he was doubled.

We need a Clutch, Chain moving WR who can get deep if need be but really can make the clutch catch.

Wes hasnt done it for us.

So I agree with the need, but I would rather get an all around WR instead of a one trick, Galloway type.

As for new TE's, we need one for sure, carrying only 2 TE's for the 1st time hurt us, IMO.

I like Hernandez being used in the slot occasionally but outside, I think its a gimmick that would get snuffed out by good CB's and defenses.

It Trent is really a Dillon with more speed, I think the Pats should move up to get him. Having a game changing back would mean a lot here, just not sure Trent is the guy, if he is. Do it. We have wasted pics on much worst players...

If we could get Foster, Yes, but I know its a stretch, but coming here w/Brady you just need to move the ball and make defenses respect you, we dont need A.P. but having Benny(not even top 25 in his class) aint cutting it, IMO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, You are right about a deep threat opening up things for RB's. There is no arguing that, I am just questioning how much resources you put into that position for just decoy and opening things up purposes. Brady is a low percentage deep ball thrower. His best assets are throwing to Wr's sitting down in zones. The Stick throws. He is great between 5 -25 yards. Very good between 25 -40 yards and just average to below average over 40 yards, IMO So, I think that need is already filled if you get Chad on the field. I also think Wayne, while not the burner he once was, still demands a cushion that will allow him to dominate underneath. Our problem has been getting a WR to get a crucial !st down when needed. It was the same thing in 06' when we had to go to a washed up Troy Brown to end the game and he was doubled. We need a Clutch, Chain moving WR who can get deep if need be but really can make the clutch catch. Wes hasnt done it for us. So I agree with the need, but I would rather get an all around WR instead of a one trick, Galloway type. As for new TE's, we need one for sure, carrying only 2 TE's for the 1st time hurt us, IMO. I like Hernandez being used in the slot occasionally but outside, I think its a gimmick that would get snuffed out by good CB's and defenses. It Trent is really a Dillon with more speed, I think the Pats should move up to get him. Having a game changing back would mean a lot here, just not sure Trent is the guy, if he is. Do it. We have wasted pics on much worst players... If we could get Foster, Yes, but I know its a stretch, but coming here w/Brady you just need to move the ball and make defenses respect you, we dont need A.P. but having Benny(not even top 25 in his class) aint cutting it, IMO

Great post and your opinions underlie an astute understanding of football!

Is there any doubt that the most IMPORTANT player on the Pats is Tom Brady?

We need to address his needs and SAFETY as a number one priority.  Here I differ on what our most significant needs are.  IMO we need a much improved running game to provide balance and to open up passing lanes by forcing defenses to respect that running game.  While Connelly was "adequate" as a finesse-type center, we need a far more skilled center who functions as a "road-grader" to push the pocket into the defense's backyard. To do this we need a player with size, athleticism and a BLUE-CHIP skill set. Konz could not only provide this but his power to thrust defenses back could spearhead an improved running game. In addition, Konz is more than adequate in pass-blocking.

We were most vulnerable on offense to penetration up the middle to force TB out of the pocket.  Connelly is just too small and lacks the size and strength to contain a fierce defensive rush.

Recall that the strength of this draft is at the DL, OL,and WR.  Next in importance is a much needed pass rush.  VW needs help and his skill-set has become so dominating that he is routinely double-teamed.  We need a true pass rusher who also requires a double-team for containment.  Both cannot demand a double team without one having only single coverage.  Bingo! We have a pass rush.  A DL on the interior could collapse the pocket and force the QB out of the pocket.  In his effort to avoid the rush the QB's time to locate open receivers is limited thereby improving our secondary coverage.  Recall what happened to TB's passing effectiveness in the face of a stout pass rush!  A DE , likewise, could do the same.

Our OL could have two potential retirees this year BOTH critical contributors to the Pats success last year. VW is 30 years old and plays 75% of the snaps (well beyond league average) so our need there is obvious. Since Both OL and DL are areas of draft strength we should get good value in our selections. While I value OL (i.e. a dominant center) as our #1 need, we should select the BPA when our number is called so it could be a DL, DE before an OL.

It is unlikely the BB will select a WR in the first round (based on his getting burned in the past) but he will address that important area later in rounds 2-4.

Others have suggested that to improve our chances for early success we need to be active in FA.  We should attempt to fill our need at safety and possibly WR as these options seem to  be cost effective.  As regards DL that option appears less probable because of the high value placed at those positions UNLESS BB targets the second level...an emerging talent who has yet to achieve elite status.

I especially like the idea of selecting the BPA rather than placing the highest priority on needs since more skilled players are also more likely to have a pro career rather than a "reach" for need.

We do not know how coached-up the players on our PS have become or whether their ceiling is higher than draft options at various positions of need. We do not yet know how active the Pats will be in FA nor do we know whether the draft somehow drops a blue-chip prospect in our laps.  Nor do we know whether BB, in view of the depth of this draft on OL, DL, WR, will elect to trade down to multiply our choices in round 2 and gain a second 1st round selection in 2013. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? :      Three TDs in 3 games. FANTASTIC!! If that's the case, why did BB get rid of him??      Only a fool would continue to repeat the same mistake of relying on old WRs, who are past their prime. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

It's obvious why they got rid of him. He was disgruntled.

Repeat the same mistakes? In what way was Moss ever a mistake? Ocho was a BIG mistake. Galloway was a mistake. These guys aren't in Moss' league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont like the way the way the Chad thing went down, but if he returns and doesnt get cut, you have to think they believe in him somewhat. Either follow through with the investment or cut him.

I know he leaves a lot to be desired in his off field things he does, but he never made a stink about not getting playing time. As Moss was cast out, atleast he was on the field and he threw a fit after our biggest win because he didnt catch a pass and saw his numbers projecting to a pedestrian level. You can listen to what he sais now, but most remember what he did.

If we have Wes back here franchised along with our Stud Te's and then Tiquan Underwood, Chad "Johnson" , R.Wayne, Branch.  Or replace Branch with another 2nd tier WR in f/a, I am happy with that. Lets not forget Tommy put up 5k with the same personell minus Wayne. Wayne coming here makes everyones elses job easier to get open/

The Only real upgrade needed on offense is RB , IMO. Of course you need a C, maybe a Tackle.

But as for the skill positions?  Why fix whats not broke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? : It's obvious why they got rid of him. He was disgruntled.

RESPONSE: Oh...I see. He was disgruntled. Was he also disgruntled in Minnesota, and in Tennessee, where he did absolutely nothing for those teams? It couldn't possibly be that old age caught up with him...and his skills diminished, at age 33...right???

Repeat the same mistakes? In what way was Moss ever a mistake?

RESPONSE: After one great and two good seasons in New England (2007-09), the Pats relied on him a year too long. At 33, he was no longer the same player. 

Ocho was a BIG mistake. Galloway was a mistake. These guys aren't in Moss' league.

RESPONSE: Like Moss, they were once pro-bowl caliber players. But like Moss, they got old, and their skills diminished. Yet now, at age 35, you want the Pats to bring him back? 
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Either through the draft or FA, the biggest needs are on D.

Having said that, I get an uneasy feeling that BB will use the #1 pick on a guy like Konz (C Wisc).  Not that the Pats couldn't use a stud at C, but filling the D with late round picks and FA is not working.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Either through the draft or FA, the biggest needs are on D. Having said that, I get an uneasy feeling that BB will use the #1 pick on a guy like Konz (C Wisc).  Not that the Pats couldn't use a stud at C, but filling the D with late round picks and FA is not working.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I can't see how you can say that the Pats have been trying to build a "D" with low draft choices and free agents, alone. With the additions of Mark Anderson and Andre Carter, the Pats improved their pass rush. Free agent acquisition Rob Ninkovich has developed into a good LB.

But, the Pats have wasted a slew of high draft choices for years in the secondary...and at LB, with Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, and Shaun Crable. DT Ron Brace, a high 2nd round pick, has been a bust.

The people that they are selecting appears to be the problem...not their unwillingness to use draft choices on the "D".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? :      I can't see how you can say that the Pats have been trying to build a "D" with low draft choices and free agents, alone. With the additions of Mark Anderson and Andre Carter, the Pats improved their pass rush. Free agent acquisition Rob Ninkovich has developed into a good LB.      But, the Pats have wasted a slew of high draft choices for years in the secondary...and at LB, with Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, and Shaun Crable. DT Ron Brace, a high 2nd round pick, has been a bust.        The people that they are selecting appears to be the problem...not their unwillingness to use draft choices on the "D".

Jerod Mayo a wasted draft pick?  So the fact that he was defensive rookie of the year, and 1st team all pro in 2010 as well as a team captain makes him a wasted pick?  Seriously?  Look at the rest of the 1st round in that draft.  It isn't exactly loaded with superstars after pick 10.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? :      I can't see how you can say that the Pats have been trying to build a "D" with low draft choices and free agents, alone. With the additions of Mark Anderson and Andre Carter, the Pats improved their pass rush. Free agent acquisition Rob Ninkovich has developed into a good LB.      But, the Pats have wasted a slew of high draft choices for years in the secondary...and at LB, with Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, and Shaun Crable. DT Ron Brace, a high 2nd round pick, has been a bust.        The people that they are selecting appears to be the problem...not their unwillingness to use draft choices on the "D".

Huh?  The first 3 guys you mentioned came via free agency. 
    My point is the later the round, the lower the probability that you will find a stud.  The first round this year should be for D personnel IMO.
    There isn't a single guy in the front-seven outside of VW that the opposition has to game-plan around.  Not a coincidence that VW was drafted in the 1st round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? : Huh?  The first 3 guys you mentioned came via free agency.  My point is the later the round, the lower the probability that you will find a stud.  The first round this year should be for D personnel IMO. There isn't a single guy in the front-seven outside of VW that the opposition has to game-plan around.  Not a coincidence that VW was drafted in the 1st round.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Nor has there been since using 3 higher 1st round picks in 4 years on the D-line in Seymour, Warren and Wilfork. Coincidentally the 3 years we won our SB's. Time to draft some beef on the D-line and get back to dominating the opposing offense at the L.O.S.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? :
    In Response to Re: What Is Pats' Most Pressing Need in 2012? : It's obvious why they got rid of him. He was disgruntled.

RESPONSE: Oh...I see. He was disgruntled. Was he also disgruntled in Minnesota, and in Tennessee, where he did absolutely nothing for those teams? It couldn't possibly be that old age caught up with him...and his skills diminished, at age 33...right???

Repeat the same mistakes? In what way was Moss ever a mistake?

RESPONSE: After one great and two good seasons in New England (2007-09), the Pats relied on him a year too long. At 33, he was no longer the same player. 

Ocho was a BIG mistake. Galloway was a mistake. These guys aren't in Moss' league.

RESPONSE: Like Moss, they were once pro-bowl caliber players. But like Moss, they got old, and their skills diminished. Yet now, at age 35, you want the Pats to bring him back? 
    Posted by BabeParilli

Of course he was disgruntled in MN and TN. He could have cared less about those teams. Saying he was no longer the same player at 33 is without substance. You cannot put Moss in the same category as those two. We're talking about the 2nd best receiver in history hands down and the most talented ever.

Sections
Shortcuts