What is Pittsburgh's Problem???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

What is Pittsburgh's Problem???

Seriously, they lose one player and they go from champion to also ran? I am honestly confused as to why they have taken a step back. They returned almost all their starters, and are losing to teams like KC and Oakland? Huh?

I, of course, am glad. If they won another Super Bowl, they would be tied with the Pats and there would be co-teams of the decade (an empty title, but whatever). So at this point, the Steelers, unless they get it together, will remain the late-90's Broncos to our early-90's Cowboys.

In any event, maybe we should have a joint Steeler-Patriot fan therapy session.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem???

In Response to What is Pittsburgh's Problem???:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, they lose one player and they go from champion to also ran? I am honestly confused as to why they have taken a step back. They returned almost all their starters, and are losing to teams like KC and Oakland? Huh? I, of course, am glad. If they won another Super Bowl, they would be tied with the Pats and there would be co-teams of the decade (an empty title, but whatever). So at this point, the Steelers, unless they get it together, will remain the late-90's Broncos to our early-90's Cowboys. In any event, maybe we should have a joint Steeler-Patriot fan therapy session.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

Two words..........Mike Tomlin.

The guy was only hired to make the Rooney's look good.  Let's see the Rooney's created and pushed a rule on the league stating teams must interview a minority before settling on who was going to be the next coach.

Ask yourself.  How would the Rooney's look today if they didn't hire a minority after pushing so hard to have more minority head coaches in the NFL?  They were pigeoned holed into this hire.  They had Ken Whisenhunt signed, sealed and delivered after Cowher left and they allowed him to go to Arizona while they dragged their feet looking for a minority to hire. 

Mike Tomlin is this decades Barry Switzer.  He inherited a Super Bowl caliber team and a future hall of fame defensive coordinator and was able to keep the train on the tracks.  Now as we pull further away from the Cowher era it is apparent this guy is out of his league.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Shows you how much individual players mean to a team; even at safety.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

They lose in OT 2 weeks in a row and then at the last second yesterday, obviously KC and OAK are not good teams but it is not like they just aren't showing up.  Oakland beat Cinci a couple weeks back so maybe they are getting things figured out a bit.  Either way, Pitt needs to win out to have a shot.  That would be one scary Wild Card team!!

On the other hand Arizona may getting hot at the right time of the season.  You always hear about how the team that loses the SB will miss the play-offs the following year, well the Cards seem to have found the solution to that..... It is called the NFC West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Seriously, they lose one player and they go from champion to also ran? I am honestly confused as to why they have taken a step back. They returned almost all their starters, and are losing to teams like KC and Oakland? Huh? I, of course, am glad. If they won another Super Bowl, they would be tied with the Pats and there would be co-teams of the decade (an empty title, but whatever). So at this point, the Steelers, unless they get it together, will remain the late-90's Broncos to our early-90's Cowboys. In any event, maybe we should have a joint Steeler-Patriot fan therapy session.
    Posted by Caesar1177

I hear they do a lot of steroids and illicit drugs Caesar. They also have quite a few idiots for players and their fans are nothing to write home about. Other than that I'd say they're headed in the right direction. Every time you get depressed about the Pats, take a look at them and it should make you feel better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I don't know.  All i can say is that they have the biggest c*ckiest D'bag in sports in Hines Ward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, they lose one player and they go from champion to also ran? I am honestly confused as to why they have taken a step back. They returned almost all their starters, and are losing to teams like KC and Oakland? Huh? I, of course, am glad. If they won another Super Bowl, they would be tied with the Pats and there would be co-teams of the decade (an empty title, but whatever). So at this point, the Steelers, unless they get it together, will remain the late-90's Broncos to our early-90's Cowboys. In any event, maybe we should have a joint Steeler-Patriot fan therapy session.

As Jbolt has said on this site, 'Their Cornerbacks are soft!" I've been saying for years now that the Steelers Pass Defense is suspect. If you look back over the decade, the Steelers have not been a team that routinely beat teams by alot of points. They've won alot of close games. This year they are losing all the close games. With no disrespect to the Chiefs or the Raiders, the Steelers should win against both of these teams, even without Polamalu. You are what your record says you are, and at 6-6, the Steelers are a mediocre team. Since the playoffs are now out of the picture, I'm looking forward to see how they respond. I'm not a bandwagon-jumper, so I'll continue to watch them as long as the effort is there. But I'm also a big fan of the NFL as a whole, so it will still be exciting to see how the season plays out for all the top teams. I know how hard it must be for you as A Patriot fan to be at 7-5, because I think alot of people, myself included, thought with the return of Tom Brady that the Patriots would be as good or allmost as good as they were two years ago. Especially after the way the team battled last year, without Brady & alot of other key injuries. The Patriots still have a one game lead , and I just think they will make a run at the end of the season.
    Even though Cincinnati beat us twice, I like their coach, and after all he's been thru since Palmer got hurt against the Steelers in the 2005 playoffs, I wouldn't mind seeing them do well the rest of the year. The Chargers, and especially Phil Rivers, may be a team to look out for. And of course, as long as Peyton Manning doesn't get injured, the Colts are going to be tough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Big Ben's having post Concussion syndrome.  The poor dude has had like 26 in the last year alone.  He will defiantly need a drool bucket by the time he's 38.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem???:
    Since the playoffs are now out of the picture, I'm looking forward to see how they respond. I'm not a bandwagon-jumper, so I'll continue to watch them as long as the effort is there. But I'm also a big fan of the NFL as a whole, so it will still be exciting to see how the season plays out for all the top teams.

Ah, my favorite Steeler fan. It is really not fun to be mediocre is it? 6-6 and 7-5. It doesn't seem right to see the masters of the decade so sickly. Honestly though, the Steelers are just in a down year. The Pats, on the other hand, are at a crossroads. Hope this is just a reload.

Looks like we go to Heinz Field next year. Hope it's in week 11, we're 10-0 and you're 8-2 (that way in case we lose we're still one game up).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

who cares we have our own problems to figure out.................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : who cares we have our own problems to figure out.................
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Our fates are intertwined. They win the SB, our place in history has company.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What's wrong with the Steelers? Dude, what's wrong with us? 

Sad, I had these two meeting up in the AFCC to decide the team of the decade, and I hade the Colts going 8-8. I know, I'm a very auspicious person. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundmun. Show sundmun's posts

"Since the playoffs are now out of the picture..."

Dude, you seriously must be one of the worst fans of any NFL team.  Nice photo, too bad it doesn't match your intensity level.  Last I checked, even with a 4 game losing streak, your "team" is 6-6 and has only one quality opponent left on the schedule (Baltimore), and both Jax and Denver have much more difficult schedules to finish out (3 and 2 quality opponents left).  So go ahead, throw in the towel, Jack Lambert would be proud of you!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : As Jbolt has said on this site, 'Their Cornerbacks are soft!" I've been saying for years now that the Steelers Pass Defense is suspect. If you look back over the decade, the Steelers have not been a team that routinely beat teams by alot of points. They've won alot of close games. This year they are losing all the close games. With no disrespect to the Chiefs or the Raiders, the Steelers should win against both of these teams, even without Polamalu. You are what your record says you are, and at 6-6, the Steelers are a mediocre team. Since the playoffs are now out of the picture, I'm looking forward to see how they respond. I'm not a bandwagon-jumper, so I'll continue to watch them as long as the effort is there. But I'm also a big fan of the NFL as a whole, so it will still be exciting to see how the season plays out for all the top teams. I know how hard it must be for you as A Patriot fan to be at 7-5, because I think alot of people, myself included, thought with the return of Tom Brady that the Patriots would be as good or allmost as good as they were two years ago. Especially after the way the team battled last year, without Brady & alot of other key injuries. The Patriots still have a one game lead , and I just think they will make a run at the end of the season. Even though Cincinnati beat us twice, I like their coach, and after all he's been thru since Palmer got hurt against the Steelers in the 2005 playoffs, I wouldn't mind seeing them do well the rest of the year. The Chargers, and especially Phil Rivers, may be a team to look out for. And of course, as long as Peyton Manning doesn't get injured, the Colts are going to be tough.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Curtains,
    The biggest problem is the in-fighting. I have never heard the Steelers throw one another under the bus before this year, EVER. I think the HC is playing his part in this thing too. For him to come out with his 'unleash hell in December' speech and then; ALLOW his team to lay an egg against the Raiders -of all teams- @home no less, is completely unacceptable on his part alone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

i just think this shows how are hard it is to remain an elite team in the NFL, i dont think the steelers have a huge problem, i just think thats the natural flow of the NFL. you cant stay at the top of the mountain forever, thats why dynasties are so celebrated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]"Since the playoffs are now out of the picture..." Dude, you seriously must be one of the worst fans of any NFL team.  Nice photo, too bad it doesn't match your intensity level.  Last I checked, even with a 4 game losing streak, your "team" is 6-6 and has only one quality opponent left on the schedule (Baltimore), and both Jax and Denver have much more difficult schedules to finish out (3 and 2 quality opponents left).  So go ahead, throw in the towel, Jack Lambert would be proud of you!
    Posted by sundmun[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am one of the worst fans as you say, but when you lose to Kansas City & especially to Oakland at home, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs! My Intensity level as a Steeler fan, is no where near as it was in the 70's. I was a lot younger then, and over the years I've become more of a realist and this Steeler team isn't a Playoff team. But, even though I am one of their worst fans, as you point out, I will still watch them, and put up with inconsistent & unacceptable performances. As for Jack Lambert, he doesn't even watch Steelers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Bitchburgh's problem is the same problem every team in the NFL has, and that is that the league is designed to settle toward the middle. Teams that are able to remain at or near the top for extended periods -- like the Pats and the Steelers and, to a lesser extent, the Colts -- are the exception, rather than the rule. The difference between being an elite team or an also-ran in this league is often nothing more than one player having a breakout year (or getting hurt), or league-mandated bizzaro officiating, or blind dumb luck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

They've run out HGH.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

A finite number of hits, which turn a 20-something into a 50-something overnight?

Nah, it can't have anything to do with the crap local music. What do I know?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Shows you how much individual players mean to a team; even at safety.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Because the corners can't bump anymore, the safety has to prevent big plays over the top.  The safety is also in much better position now than the corner to make plays on the ball roaming "center field" - corners are more likely to be out of position because they now have to rely on agility alone to keep up with receivers (which is much more difficult than being able to hit them the instant they sink their hips to go into a break).

Add in the fact that safeties are still required to make plays on the run and you can see why it's so rare to find guys like Polamalu, Reed, Sanders, Landry, and Sharper who can do it all (and do it all well).

I'd say that safety is more important than cornerback, perhaps the most important position on defense now with the way the league is today.

A good safety and a good pass rusher will take your team a long ways now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundmun. Show sundmun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : Maybe I am one of the worst fans as you say, but when you lose to Kansas City & especially to Oakland at home, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs! My Intensity level as a Steeler fan, is no where near as it was in the 70's. I was a lot younger then, and over the years I've become more of a realist and this Steeler team isn't a Playoff team. But, even though I am one of their worst fans, as you point out, I will still watch them, and put up with inconsistent & unacceptable performances. As for Jack Lambert, he doesn't even watch Steelers!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't mean to get so far under your skin...I was just pulling your leg.  Sounds like your more of a Steeler "observer" than a "fan"?

p.s. you hanging with Jack Lambert?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

Superbowl hangover.  Happens often in the NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

They are also getting a little long in the tooth on the defensive side of the ball.  Sound familiar? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I don't worry about the steelers too much.  The same could be asked about the patriots...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

They've run out HGH.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Harley, I expect to get sarcastic post's when the Steelers are brought up, afterall, tihs is a Patriot forum. I even chuckle at some of the clever names, 'bitchburgh, Squealers'! I enjoy reading the post's on this forum, because allot of the regulars on here bring up some good points about, not only the Patriots, but the NFL as a whole. But the HGH remark is just as silly as the 'Patriot-Haters' who just come on this forum to bring up the old-worn out 'spy-gate' incident. I have said many times that the incident was so over-blown, that it was ridiculous. The Patriots won because they had a great Team, there was no cheating, just great football. It's amazing how great a team can be when they have leaders such as, Tedy Bruschi & a 'force' such as Rodney Harrison in the defensive backfield. Seems like there's a very fine-line in the NFL anymore between going 12-0, and 6-6!

Sections
Shortcuts