What is Pittsburgh's Problem???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem???

In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem???:
    In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : Sorry, I didn't mean to get so far under your skin...I was just pulling your leg.  Sounds like your more of a Steeler "observer" than a "fan"? p.s. you hanging with Jack Lambert?
    Posted by sundmun

Sundmun, you didn't get under my skin. Your probably right that I've become more of an 'observer' than a fan lately. I guess I'm just an old 'left-over' from the 70's!
    Or maybe I expect too much and won't spend my time watching a team that seems to take losses as if they weren't that important. As soon as they get their Intensity back, I'll get my Intensity back as a fan. I don't want to see the Coach fired, I don't want them to trade or cut anyone, I actually like the Team they have, and I also like Mike Tomlin allot. I would just like to see a little more intensity and a little more sense of urgency to defeat the teams that they should.
    I don't hang out with Jack Lambert, but there are from time to time, articles about Lambert  in the local papers. He doesn't live very far from where I live, And from what I understand, he doesn't even watch the Steelers. He's a game-warden. And he has 4 kids that play sports, so I guess he doesn't have the time to watch football that much. Wasn't offended by your post, because you were probably correct.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Not to get off the subject, but when I was in Midget Football. back in the 70's. Jon Kolb, an offensive lineman came to our banquet one year as a featured guest. He told a story about how mean Jack Lambert really was. Seems Kolb invited a few of the Steelers to go hunting at a friends farm, way out in the boon-docks. Lambert was one of the Steelers to take up his offer. When they got there, Kolb told the guys to wait, while he went in to tell the old-couple that they were going hunting that day on their farm. When Kolb went inside, the old-couple exclaimed that there was an old cow in the barn that was very old & sick, and they just didn't have the heart to put it out of it's misery. So Kolb said he would do it for them. Kolb said he walk out of the house like he was all upset, and proceeded to walk into the barn and quickly shoot the old cow. Lambert yelled, "What the hell you doing?" Kolb remarked (sarcasticly), 'They told me we weren't allowed to hunt
     on their land anymore. So Lambert got upset and proceeded to quickly shoot two other cows! I'm sure it wasn't a true story, but as a 12 or 13 year-old kid, it sure added to the Lambert-legend, for all of us!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

We'll find out now how good a coach Tomlin really is or is he just lucky to follow  Cowher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We'll find out now how good a coach Tomlin really is or is he just lucky to follow  Cowher.
    Posted by NEGAME

Niether coach is very good -- Tomlin or Cowher. Dick Laboe is the reason either of the two ever won a SB with Pitt. If Laboe is still there, Pitt will be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : Harley, I expect to get sarcastic post's when the Steelers are brought up, afterall, tihs is a Patriot forum. I even chuckle at some of the clever names, 'bitchburgh, Squealers'! I enjoy reading the post's on this forum, because allot of the regulars on here bring up some good points about, not only the Patriots, but the NFL as a whole. But the HGH remark is just as silly as the 'Patriot-Haters' who just come on this forum to bring up the old-worn out 'spy-gate' incident. I have said many times that the incident was so over-blown, that it was ridiculous. The Patriots won because they had a great Team, there was no cheating, just great football. It's amazing how great a team can be when they have leaders such as, Tedy Bruschi & a 'force' such as Rodney Harrison in the defensive backfield. Seems like there's a very fine-line in the NFL anymore between going 12-0, and 6-6!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

Steel, don't read to much into my post I was just trying to be humorous like I always do sometime to my detriment. Good post btw and I agree there is to much cr@p brought up about teams in order to tear them down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : Steel, don't read to much into my post I was just trying to be humorous like I always do sometime to my detriment. Good post btw and I agree there is to much cr@p brought up about teams in order to tear team down.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

My mistake! I enjoy some of the quotes you come up with! The way this year has been going, a little humor is probably the best thing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Wow - and they lose to Cleveland ?? This was shocking!!

Having said that...We have enough and more issues in our own home before dissecting the Steelers..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maybnot. Show maybnot's posts

THEY N EVERYONE ELSE NEEDS 2 STOP USING T.P AS AN EXCUSE, THEY LOST HIM FOR 7 GAMES LAST YR. JUST LIK US THEY NEED TO FIND AN IDENTITY ON OFFENSE. ALSO I THINK LOSIN AARON SMITH HURTS AS MUCH AS LOSIN T.P., XTREMELY UNDERATED PLAYA, HIM N KEISAL(AWFUL SPELLIN) BOTH OF THOSE ENDS R KEY TO WOULD BE SUCCESS. IF PATS DONT WAKE UP BOTH TEAMS WILL BE SAYIN SAME THING IN JAN. "HOW DID MIAMI N JACKSONVILLE GET IN THE TOURNY N NOT US, CMON WERE BETTER THEN THOSE TEAMS"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Wow - and they lose to Cleveland ?? This was shocking!! Having said that...We have enough and more issues in our own home before dissecting the Steelers..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

The way the Steelers have collapsed, I wasn't really suprised that they played with very little emotion, and got beat by the Browns. It all starts at the top! Coach Belichick seems to have had enough and he looks like he's sending a message that 7-5 is just not acceptable if you want to wear a Patriots Uniform. Mike Tomlin promised there would be changes this week, but the same cast of weak characters were in the defensive backfield. He also stated that he was going to get more involved with the play-calling on both sides of the ball.He's starting to become an Obama-clone. Great speeches, lots of cliche's. and lot's of promises. As much as people hate Hines Ward, at least he went out there and played, when he could have easily sat out with his injury. He hates to lose, and he's about the only Steeler who seems to take the losses very hard. I hate to 'pile-on', but the rest of the team shouldn't be given the Privelege to wear a Steelers Uniform. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

but really what are the problems for the steelers? They returned so many players. is it all polaumalu? i watched the game tonight and ben was holding on to the ball too long and there was no protection... but it was like that before. woodley underperformed early on but his numbers have been impressive during the losing streak. the nfl is funny: the giants, titans, and steelers (perhaps the pats) have really struggled after being a great team just a season ago

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

sense of entitlement?... its late in the season and things haven't turned out as expected for either team ('lers coming off a SB win and the pats expecting to blow the NFL in half like in 2007). some players in both locker rooms probably don't/didn't expect to make it to the big game and aren't looking at the remaining games as a 4-game season, but just something to get through...

still i'm excited for sunday, and i want to see who on the team bounces back after this $%!*storm of the past few weeks.

condolences to steelers fans - i love to hate them, but don't like it when a fanbase has to watch their players pick their @$$es on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]sense of entitlement?... its late in the season and things haven't turned out as expected for either team ('lers coming off a SB win and the pats expecting to blow the NFL in half like in 2007). some players in both locker rooms probably don't/didn't expect to make it to the big game and aren't looking at the remaining games as a 4-game season, but just something to get through... still i'm excited for sunday, and i want to see who on the team bounces back after this $%!*storm of the past few weeks. condolences to steelers fans - i love to hate them, but don't like it when a fanbase has to watch their players pick their @$$es on the field.
    Posted by emiliosCA[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, love to hate some teams, but feel bad for the fans who pay good money to go watch their team put forward, at least 100% effort. There is only one game a week, and I think we all have a huge let-down after a loss, and then you have to wait a whole week to hopefully get that loss of your mind. That's why I don't like to see immature people that come on this forum, after a Pat's loss, just to pour salt on the wound. It's nice to win, but show a little class. I've come to respect allot of the Patriot fans on this site, and I really do wish you guys well the rest of the season. Two of my favorite NFL players are Wes Welker & Kevin Faulk. They give it everything they got, and they get the most out of their ability. We need more players in the NFL like that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Given their history of loud-mouth bragging followed by non-performances against us, I have to say that I take pleasure in their demise. Also, their cheerleaders leave a lot to be desired......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]Given their history of loud-mouth bragging followed by non-performances against us, I have to say that I take pleasure in their demise. Also, their cheerleaders leave a lot to be desired......  
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Not into te bragging, but I will agree that I know far too many Steeler fans that put their foot in their mouth. And I can't argue about the non-performances against the Patriots, the scores don't lie!  That Cheerleader you posted, do you think she could be used on the Steelers offensive line?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : Not into te bragging, but I will agree that I know far too many Steeler fans that put their foot in their mouth. And I can't argue about the non-performances against the Patriots, the scores don't lie!  That Cheerleader you posted, do you think she could be used on the Steelers offensive line?
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to, I'm not saying anything about the Steelers until we win Sunday. I gotta tell you as much as I hate the Steelers I actually felt bad for the fans by the end of night. Plus I think I hate Mangini more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The Steelers looked like the Pats on offense last night. The Browns rushed 3 and dropped 8 and were able to get to Ben with coverage sacks.

....But really Steelcurtain how could lose to Manwennie? he's the worst coach in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]The Steelers looked like the Pats on offense last night. The Browns rushed 3 and dropped 8 and were able to get to Ben with coverage sacks. ....But really Steelcurtain how could lose to Manwennie? he's the worst coach in the league.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

It's hard to figure out. The Steelers have been very hard to run against over the years, but Cleveland had something like 170 yards last night! I don't want to call them quitters, but one has to wonder! I think the Steelers may have peaked after the wins over the Bronco's & Chargers. I know the Patriots are 7-5, but you never know what's going to happen in the NFL these days. If the Patriots do go on a run & start to peak going into the playoffs, look-out NFL, cause you really had Indy whipped, so I see no reason why the Patriots couldn't finish the job in the playoffs. If they do, maybe you could celebrate with a nice 'cool' ride on your harley!(lol)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"If the Patriots don't win this Sunday, I'm taking my Brady shirt off!!!"

You go girl.Surprised

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]We'll find out now how good a coach Tomlin really is or is he just lucky to follow  Cowher. If the Patriots don't win this Sunday, I'm taking my Brady shirt off!!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I bet you wont find many complaints if you take off your shirt lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Wow....the Stellers are just plain awful....losing to the Browns and Raiders back to back? Might just be the worst team in the NFL atm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Pittsburgh's Problem??? : It's hard to figure out. The Steelers have been very hard to run against over the years, but Cleveland had something like 170 yards last night! I don't want to call them quitters, but one has to wonder! I think the Steelers may have peaked after the wins over the Bronco's & Chargers. I know the Patriots are 7-5, but you never know what's going to happen in the NFL these days. If the Patriots do go on a run & start to peak going into the playoffs, look-out NFL, cause you really had Indy whipped, so I see no reason why the Patriots couldn't finish the job in the playoffs. If they do, maybe you could celebrate with a nice 'cool' ride on your harley!(lol)
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]
    Well it's zero here with the wind chill. I'll do it if Game joins me with no shirt on LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Guess I offended someone because my quote was erased when I can back, jeez can't take a joke!  I posted it again, I'll probably get banned!

Sections
Shortcuts