What is Schefters Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

What is Schefters Deal

At first I really liked Adam Schefter. More so when he was for the Pats. For a long while he picked the Patriots all the time and even stood up for them when others knocked them down.

Lately I have noticed him picking against the Pats almost weekly. (I know someone else wrote something about this) BUT do you guys think it is because he the other new media people were downing the Pats when the season started and Schefter said he liked the Pats to win the Afc e. while others were picking the Jets.

Well now the Pats are doing well in the division and Schefter picks against them the last month or so. What gives. Just wondering. Isn't he with ESPN? Most of them hate Pats especially Michael Irvin, Dukes, deion sanders, and don't know about mike maycock. Sometimes mooch seemes divided.

Ditka and Marshall Faulk don't like them either but back in 07 they all talked about the Pats, course I guess some of the talk was degrading comments even when they were wining like that were.

But Schefter I don't get. He was all for Pats then now we are doing good and he is against. Anyone know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: What is Schefters Deal

In Response to What is Schefters Deal:
    [QUOTE]At first I really liked Adam Schefter. More so when he was for the Pats. For a long while he picked the Patriots all the time and even stood up for them when others knocked them down. Lately I have noticed him picking against the Pats almost weekly. (I know someone else wrote something about this) BUT do you guys think it is because he the other new media people were downing the Pats when the season started and Schefter said he liked the Pats to win the Afc e. while others were picking the Jets. Well now the Pats are doing well in the division and Schefter picks against them the last month or so. What gives. Just wondering. Isn't he with ESPN? Most of them hate Pats especially Michael Irvin, Dukes, deion sanders, and don't know about mike maycock. Sometimes mooch seemes divided. Ditka and Marshall Faulk don't like them either but back in 07 they all talked about the Pats, course I guess some of the talk was degrading comments even when they were wining like that were. But Schefter I don't get. He was all for Pats then now we are doing good and he is against. Anyone know?
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

i have seen this trend, but its not that big a deal to me.  i like adam s a lot and i think he does the best job out of any sports writer ive ever read (he has so many connections).

however, i could see anyone picking against us the last few weeks. motivated browns, coming off a big win then a bye week, at home.  last week, i thought a motivated moss was going to have a field day on our secondary, but we contained him well.  baltimore is a tough tough team, and we were without moss for the first time in that game.  san diego matchup looked awful for us with all the numbers they were putting up and that we werent putting up.

on the other hand, winning all these tough battles was given me alot of faith in this team, and i know i wouldnt be picking against them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It may be his reporting of the Mankins situation. He broke a story a while back that said Mankins was almost signed but refused when Kraft told him to apologize publicly so the franchise could save face. According to Schefter, Mankins refused and the deal was never inked.

The next day, Kraft went on WEEI and said it was blatant and senseless bullsh!t basically making Schefter look like an idiot.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schefters Deal:
    [QUOTE]It may be his reporting of the Mankins situation. He broke a story a while back that said Mankins was almost signed but refused when Kraft told him to apologize publicly so the franchise could save face. According to Schefter, Mankins refused and the deal was never inked. The next day, Kraft went on WEEI and said it was blatant and senseless bullsh!t basically making Schefter look like an idiot. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

i dont think schefters the kind of guy to do that.  hes a professional, i doubt he would risk putting his name on the line just because of a story that broke with some controversy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wouldn't he have chosen Balt and SD over NE, then?  He's picking Cleveland to hope for the upset to get back into his ESPN "office pool" race.
    That's how I read it, not that it really matters who he picks anyway. Who cares?

I think it's funny the agendas that the Hoge, Schelereth, Young, Ditka, Carter types have, but I don't see that agenda here.

Some of you are reading into this too much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Dude used to break all the big story's. Like Moss coming to the Pats. He broke it before day 2 of the draft even started up.

Now that Micheal Lombardi is with NFL Network he seems to gets more of the Pat's stuff. BB and Brady had a sit down interview with him. I'm thinking it was just after Moss was traded. Sour grapes I guess for Schefter. I've also seen him say he don't know squat about X's and O's. Mayock was at training camp an interviewed BB and Coach Peyton. We know BB isn't talking to anyone he doesn't won't to. I'm thinking Mayock and Lombardi are tied to BB or at least on the short buddy list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i stopped watching espn a long time ago, i already know whats going to be on it, they will be talking about brett favre, lebron james and how shittty the cowboys are playing everyday all day depending on the season they have their favorites espn succkkkkkks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

First thing I thought of was a hail mary for the office pool too. Good call *golf clap*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I can't even understand why some of you guys care so much about what the media says or who they pick to win games.  Is it really even relevant??  Just enjoy the team and games for what what they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

^
    ^
    agreed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I would say he's most likely a closet Jets fan...Adam Schefter (born December 21, 1966 in Valley StreamNew York

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't stand listening to "experts" pick who's going to win, it's ridiculous. Do some of them have agendas? Of course, but I do think that most times they are going off of who they think will win with no disrespect to the team or organization. It's just that they usually don't get it right, that's football, it's hard to project. There is to many factors that go into play in a game on a weekly basis; injuries, weather,turn overs, penalties, home field advantage, etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

he has stated he likes to be different then everyone else when he has been asked about this...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Thanks guys for the replies. Some very good replies here. Shed lots of light. and yeah it doesn't really matter what the media think in theory but they do influence lots of peoples opinions. I was in walmart the other day with my patriots coat on and this guy who is a colt fan pulls out his colts key ring and says to me one thing wrong with the Patriots, They cheat. they are cheaters.

I am so sick of hearing this junk. Anyone got any good comebacks to this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

This thread is priceless. A gift from God really.  You've made my point!  LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Don't know, don't care.  Only pick that matters to me, is MINE.  I pick the Pats every time, and so far I was right 6 times, and wrong only once.  HA!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Who knows, Man.  Sometimes these guys get behind in the picking contests and they have to do something to gain on the others.  It's almost like a Hail Mary - you'll probably get it wrong, but it's the only chance you've got left.  Also, sometimes you can tell that the "expert" completed his analysis and chose his sides, and darn it, he's goin to stick with it.  This tool probably emphatically told people many weeks ago that the Pats were over-rated and there was no chance they'd make the playoffs...now he's desperately hoping they prove him right...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Who cares what Adam thinks or ESPN for that matter !!!
    ESPN su*ks...
    I watch ESPN only to look at Hanna Storm
    No there's one hot M*LF !!!
    Just saying !!!!
    Otherwise I don't watch ESPN...they're just the TMZ of sports !!!
    Ratings ratings ratings....that's what Hanna is there for !!!
    Hey Hanna...it's working...at least when you're on !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Look at his picks closely, not just this week but the whole season. He picks a lot of upsets, Its not just picking against the pats, he likes the underdog picks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I cant believe they gave him his own column. He is just a rumor guy who is normally right nothing more.  No idea why this guy is commenting on football. 

Sections
Shortcuts