What is the best trick play you remember?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

What is the best trick play you remember?

The one the Browns pulled on us this year, even though against us, was a beauty. I bet that Bill B has recorded that burn for future use.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Re: What is the best trick play you remember?

Gaffney TD against Anthony "Guarantee" Smith in 07

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Patten's 2001 bomb to Troy Brown @ Indy with Underoos crying in his panties.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200110210clt.htm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I always liked the Viniatieri touchdown pass to Troy Brown against the Rams in 2004, when they Pats made it look like Brown was leaving the field, but he just hung out by the sideline.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d803b98cb/Patriots-40-Rams-22

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I would have too say marnio and the fins forget  what team they were playing  but they thought  marino  was going too spike the ball and caught the defense off guard and got the td for the win

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I kind of liked the Flutie dropkick against the Dolphins in 2006.I think it was the first dropkick in about 40 years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: What is the best trick play you remember?:
    [QUOTE]     I would have too say marnio and the fins forget  what team they were playing  but they thought  marino  was going too spike the ball and caught the defense off guard and got the td for the win
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

That was the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! in 1994, I believe.

High comedy. Another embarrassing scene for the Jets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the best trick play you remember? : That was the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! in 1994, I believe. High comedy. Another embarrassing scene for the Jets.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Right on. Pathetic Jets.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/28/sports/pro-football-the-spike-was-a-fake-but-the-damage-to-jets-season-is-real.html

"By then, the ball was headed to Ingram, who grasped it for his fourth touchdown of the day, silencing the stadium and devastating the Jets with just 22 seconds to play. A game that the Jets had led by 17-0, and then by 24-6, had somehow turned into a 28-24 defeat. And instead of being 7-5 and tied for first place in the American Conference East, the Jets are 6-6 and again full of doubts."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I always liked the Viniatieri touchdown pass to Troy Brown against the Rams in 2004, when they Pats made it look like Brown was leaving the field, but he just hung out by the sideline. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d803b98cb/Patriots-40-Rams-22
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the one pictured in your avatar takes the cake: Plowing a snow-blanketed field for a game-winning F/G.  If that is not a tricky play, I don't know what is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

2007- The botched lateral to Moss-back to Brady-to Gaffney for 60 yd TD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I liked the pass from Faulk to Brady in the 2001 AFC East clincher against the Fins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the best trick play you remember? : Actually, I think the one pictured in your avatar takes the cake: Plowing a snow-blanketed field for a game-winning F/G.  If that is not a tricky play, I don't know what is.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

The snowplow was the cake.

The kick was the icing.

And watching Shula have what my mother used to describe as a "conniption" on the sideline was the birthday presents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Paxton snap off the goal post in Denver for the safety, followed by game winning TD drive

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

[QUOTE]2007- The botched lateral to Moss-back to Brady-to Gaffney for 60 yd TD.
    Posted by Nemeses[/QUOTE]

Love this thread as it's bringing back good memories. This play is one of my favorites.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Some of the direct snaps, like the one in the superbowl were pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The double reverse flea flicker, saw it run for the first time by the 49ers, Bill Walsh was the genius.  Charlie Weis dusted it off for Brady a couple times, it's still a guaranteed TD when executed correctly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Not really a trick play, but maybe 15-20 years ago, Pats at home v Miami, 4th and one on Miami's 35. 11 defenders in the box. Grogan goes play action turns around and finds a receiver wide open underneath for 7 points which I believe won the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Definitely Brady-to-Moss-to-Brady-to Gaffney. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Paxton snap off the goal post in Denver for the safety, followed by game winning TD drive
    Posted by 123meg

No lie, just before that play I said to myself, "The smart play is to take a safety on purpose." I was shocked that an NFL coach would do it.

You are right, that is the best trick play I have ever witnessed.  Thanks for the reminder.  Lot's of good nominees, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Does Belichick trading Moss for a 3rd rounder count?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Doug Fluties two pointer

*the writer of this post is an idiot....see belowCool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I thought a drop kick was 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I thought it was 2 HMMMM? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

A dropkick is worth 1 point if attempted as a Point After Touchdown, or 3 points if attempted as a Field Goal.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_points_is_a_dropkick_in_the_NFL#ixzz18P6GdPx1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Phil yer right 1 point my bad....I  always thought it was two, still..cool play

Sections
Shortcuts