What is the Pats first real season Test?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: What is the Pats first real season Test?

In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test?:
    [QUOTE]September 12th at Miami. The Dolphins are almost always tough at home, in the heat. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    The Patriots have never won in Miami in September. Of course the schedule makers were kind to the Pats only scheduling 6 such games in their history, the last one in 2000.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Also, it'll be pretty hot in Miami for a September game. Historically, we've struggled down there when it's that warm.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    Actually the Patriots are playing a Monday Night game, when it's a bit cooler.  Furthermore, the Patriots just played a preseason night game in Tampa Bay in August so don't expect a huge shock to their systems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Indianapolis   Feb 5th  :)
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Green Bay is the only team with the firepower to stand up to New England.  The other 30 teams can win on "any given Sunday" but it's not an even match.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

San Diego, then @ Pittsburgh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Green Bay is the only team with the firepower to stand up to New England. Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Really? What about New Orleans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aa2c452d2-0259-45e7-8d89-efbbfc748e36&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:a2c452d2-0259-45e7-8d89-efbbfc748e36Post:6ab9858f-01a7-4172-96cd-baf296f7fa0a">Re: What is the Pats first real season Test?:
    [QUOTE]I know in my case as a life long football fan and promoter of the game that I truly believe in the "any given Sunday" quote. Teams that look past other teams dont win championships. Champions dont take anyone lightly which is one way i have always known the Pats are champs at heart cause they dont look past people. How many Pats fans looked past the Giants and said the Pats were going 19-0....how did that work out for ya?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You're a glass is half empty guy Killa.

Me.......I think the Phins will be a joke compared to this team. I have all the confidence in the world that the Pats are a better team and will show it.
    The team has to take it week to week.....I get that and respect it. But I don't.

Not sure where the Giants quote is aimed but I for one don't take superbowl games lightly. Did I think the Pats would win....yes......did I look past the Giants....no.
    I only look past teams they should beat.

I'm sure you gave Cleveland a fighting chance last year too right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]  You're a glass is half empty guy Killa. Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Actually 'killa is right:

" How many Pats fans looked past the Giants and said the Pats were going 19-0....how did that work out for ya?"

I think every Pats fans didn't give the Jints a chance.

I for one thought the Patriots would roll over them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How about going with the phrase.. "On any given Sunday."?  Think of all the times a team lost when just about everyone thought they'd win, period.  Ya never know which team shows up on Sunday.  Like rkarp says about the Browns game last year, did we think the Pats would have lost that one the way they did?  And we get that loss thrown into our faces a lot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Green Bay is the only team with the firepower to stand up to New England.  The other 30 teams can win on "any given Sunday" but it's not an even match.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    Lots of love for GB on here.  They are a great team obviously, they won the SB.  But they were 10-6 last year and won a tiebreaker formula to be the sixth seed.  10-6 probably doesn't get them into the playoffs again.  I just mean they are beatable, 6 teams beat them last year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Lots of love for GB on here.  They are a great team obviously, they won the SB.  But they were 10-6 last year and won a tiebreaker formula to be the sixth seed.  10-6 probably doesn't get them into the playoffs again.  I just mean they are beatable, 6 teams beat them last year. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    Green Bay's run to the SB win last season is equivalent to what the Giants did in 2007.  They had a magical run during the playoffs and had the best playing, hot streak of the season at the right time.  The best team does not always win, it is the team who happens to be playing its best football at the right time, AKA - the stars are in alignment for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we beat GB last season, and we got better, they did not, only older, they also lost kuhn and cullen jenkins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Getting out of preseason healthy...2 more preseasons games...a lot could happen....
    Here a great site for Patriots football 60maxpowero.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]we beat GB last season, and we got better, they did not, only older, they also lost kuhn and cullen jenkins.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

We barely beat them at home; Rogers didn't play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Miami, always a tough game on the road. One week at a time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Lots of love for GB on here.  They are a great team obviously, they won the SB.  But they were 10-6 last year and won a tiebreaker formula to be the sixth seed.  10-6 probably doesn't get them into the playoffs again.  I just mean they are beatable, 6 teams beat them last year. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    Every single one of Green Bay's losses last year was a close game, and many of their wins were crushing blowouts, just like New England's blowouts against good teams.  The last 4 road victories in the playoffs count too if you're comparing Green Bay to the likes of Philly, Atlanta, Chicago and Pittsburgh.  No other team got into crushing opponents consistently. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Line Gronkowsi up next to Vollmer the first 8 plays of the game, run right at him and pound the snot out of him repeatedly.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

boston,
    i like it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]We barely beat them at home; Rogers didn't play.
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]
    Matt Flynn went 24 of 37 for 251 yards and 3 touchdowns.
    I don't think Rodgers would have done any better than that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

The Eagles, the second game they play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]The Eagles, the second game they play.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]
    Would that be the San Diego Eagles or the Philadelphia Chargers?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Green Bay is the only team with the firepower to stand up to New England.  The other 30 teams can win on "any given Sunday" but it's not an even match.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking it's the Pack vs. the Pats in Indy.  Still got to play the games though.  The NFL has some suprise teams every year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Miami. Tough in the heat. And Wake will give us fits. Good thing Henne is their QB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]Indy is playing at the Pats here in NE not the other way around
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Killa, the Superbowl is in Indy in Feb.