What is the problem?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What is the problem?

Ridingwiththeking says our offense is a problem and our defense is fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: What is the problem?

In persepctive, the offense could be hindering the D.

The Pats score fast but they do not run the clock down, so ineffect it gives the other team time to score as well.  The NFL has become pass happy and teams get chunks of yards easier than they used too.

So an educated NFL fan could see that even though the Pats score a lot, it could make the defense work alittle harder; however, the D needs to clamp down a bit more on those third downs and get off the field.

Clock management goes a long way, and old Pats offense used to dictate those qualities.

I think more running and clock management could help our D.  

But to say our Offense is the problem in the grand scheme of things is not true, and I doubt that's what Rusty means.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This team is not "balanced" enough. The O should rest the D with long sustained drives and the D should get the O back on the field as quick as possible to keep momentum up. We have a herd of running backs and a month maybe 6 weeks and snow will be flying. Better get the boys involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The offense is its own worst enemy when you think about it.  Did Buffalo stop the Pats' offense last Sunday?  Heck no!  If it weren't for those 4 INTs, two by lucky bounces off of hands in the right direction, the score of this game could have been easily in the high 40 to low 50s. When the offense is so prolific, how can the D not think any lack of execution on their part will be "covered" by the O.  Look at what happened after the Bills went ahead on that INT.. the Pats drove the field to tie it.  But, the D can't be forgiven for ALLOWING the Bills to bully them down the field, they DO NEED to man up, so as to speak!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

There is nothing wrong with the offense!  How many 3 & outs have they had?  Sure they could run the ball more, but when you have 5 minute drives for TD's, isnt that better than a 3 and out that takes 1.5 minutes?  Give me a break!  The defense needs to make a few more stops and this team (keeping up the scoring) will be in the running for a 4th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Both plus coaching Laughing

Offensive strengths is obviously putting up points when clicking right.  Weakness inludes predictability, lack of creativity, lack of balance between pass, run, play action, screens.

Defensive strengths - run D. Weaknesses after 3 games include lack of pass rush, giving up too many pass yardage in conjunction with giving up too many points.

Coaching - wondering where some strategies have gone. Things like playing field position, clock management, more aggressive defensive play calling, more creative/less predictable offensive play calling, creating a winning/finishing attitude/never giving up.

It's still early, we're gonna make the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Defense is the biggest problem.  Lack of offensvie diversity, however, can hurt us at times.  In some ways I don't understand why we keep trying to make this a choice, though.  Can't we agree that we should try to correct both problems?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Brady throwing 4 INT's was the problem.

We won our first two games...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

RidingWithTheKing is right that we need to run the ball more and stop with the shotgun spread 'em out offense so much.  It's too predictable.  But the defense needs to generate more pressure on the QB and I think they'll work on improving that as the season goes along...I hope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

RUN THE DAMN BALL when you are leading 21-7 with 2 min to go at the half and in the red zone and at least get 3pts and leaves the oppenent with no time on the clock. It's called situational football. Got it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Could the offense be better , sure. The play calling could be better and like other posters have pointed out , predictability is a real problem. I would like to see more of Ridley also. He's just too talented , to be on the sidelines. At least imo , he fits this offense better than Benny. That said I don't agree with the people that want to "just run the ball" more. Neither back can carry a team , but again working Ridley in more is a no brainer imo.
    The defense is a much bigger problem though. Theres really no debate , lol only on this board do people think our defense is fine. Our entire secondary has been a problem so far. Who is going to argue that? Plenty of time left and no doubt we have the coach to do it. My fear is we don't have the players to execute his game plan or game changers to really make a difference. Oakland should provide a good test , but truth be told we should win this game pretty easy. I think our O-Line will handle the Raiders D-Line. I expect to see a few pancake blocks from Mankins in this one. The raiders have been mixing in more zone , but you know your going to see man coverage for the most part. I expect Brady to pick on Chris Johnson a lot and to see more of Ridley in and coming out of the backfield.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The D is far more its own problem than the O is their problem with them having to stay on the field. How about them not giving up chunks and bigger chunks of yards and get off the field that way instead of needing the O to run the clock down for them? That's how a good defense does it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is the problem?:
    [QUOTE]In persepctive, the offense could be hindering the D. The Pats score fast but they do not run the clock down, so ineffect it gives the other team time to score as well.  The NFL has become pass happy and teams get chunks of yards easier than they used too. So an educated NFL fan could see that even though the Pats score a lot, it could make the defense work a little harder; however, the D needs to clamp down a bit more on those third downs and get off the field. Clock management goes a long way, and old Pats offense used to dictate those qualities. I think more running and clock management could help our D.   But to say our Offense is the problem in the grand scheme of things is not true, and I doubt that's what Rusty means.   
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Your point is well taken, but you answer your own point. Fans say the yards don't matter, but they do. The more yards you give up, the longer you are on the field.

It's hard to buy that it isn't what Rusty means when his every word is criticism of the O with nary a word of criticism against the D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This team is not "balanced" enough. The O should rest the D with long sustained drives and the D should get the O back on the field as quick as possible to keep momentum up. We have a herd of running backs and a month maybe 6 weeks and snow will be flying. Better get the boys involved.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to criticize coach BB for how he wants to run the O, or even how he wants to run the D.

Hell, this D plays plenty with a lead the O gives them which greatly hurts the other guys game plan, and they still don't get it done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The offense is its own worst enemy when you think about it.  Did Buffalo stop the Pats' offense last Sunday?  Heck no!  If it weren't for those 4 INTs, two by lucky bounces off of hands in the right direction, the score of this game could have been easily in the high 40 to low 50s. When the offense is so prolific, how can the D not think any lack of execution on their part will be "covered" by the O.  Look at what happened after the Bills went ahead on that INT.. the Pats drove the field to tie it.  But, the D can't be forgiven for ALLOWING the Bills to bully them down the field, they DO NEED to man up, so as to speak!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    If, if if. The biggest little word.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Both plus coaching Offensive strengths is obviously putting up points when clicking right.  Weakness inludes predictability, lack of creativity, lack of balance between pass, run, play action, screens. Defensive strengths - run D. Weaknesses after 3 games include lack of pass rush, giving up too many pass yardage in conjunction with giving up too many points. Coaching - wondering where some strategies have gone. Things like playing field position, clock management, more aggressive defensive play calling, more creative/less predictable offensive play calling, creating a winning/finishing attitude/never giving up. It's still early, we're gonna make the playoffs.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Bubba has always had a way of summerizing things perfectly with out getting into uneccesary back and forth. Great post. I agree with every single thing you said and also think we will get into the playoffs and right the ship. We are too talented!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The D is far more its own problem than the O is their problem with them having to stay on the field. How about them not giving up chunks and bigger chunks of yards and get off the field that way instead of needing the O to run the clock down for them? That's how a good defense does it.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

"How about them not giving up chunks and bigger chunks of yards and get off the field "

no sh@@

this strategy of lets try to yield yards but not points is not something i can get behind and to me not the way to play football. esp not winning football.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

King, you would come across as a lot more reasonable and easy to read if you left out the unnecessary, 1-5 word interjections in your posts. For instance, you state:

People flipped out last year when they dealt Moss, and some, including myself, thought it was a good thing overall for the team. And it was proven to be true, even for our defense. 

That statement within itself is fine, but the "Yup" that follows it makes you sound like a know-it-all, and causes you to come across as an arrogant jerk. 

Another example:

Outside of the 2006 AFC title game, Brady hasn't been the MVP kind of QB we've needed him to be. 

Again, a reasonable statement. However the following, "It's just a fact", again causes you to come across as arrogant. 

And then ending it all with, "No denying this anymore.". Look man, leave this type of stuff out of your arguments and discussions and people would appreciate your knowledge and opinions much more. Whether you know it or not, by making these statements you come across (as I've previously stated), as an arrogant know-it-all. The majority of your arguments are reasonable and easy to read, but the 1-5 word implants at the end of your paragraphs ruins whatever you previously said.

Try to write your statements with less line-breaks. Leave out the silly, arrogant interjections, and simply make your statements and arguments in a reasonable way, where you're merely stating your opinion (and no more), and you will be much more appreciated here.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed fully with those that say that play calling is suspect at times despite the fact that this offense is prolific.  The Patriots are more often than not on the losing side of time of possession despite being able to put points on the board with ease at times.  They play very well when ahead, and against most teams that's all well and good.  Against better defenses the fact that they become predictable and can't consistenly impose their will with tough running is a problem, as the playoffs have shown.  It's maddening to watch Brady drop back when it's 3rd and 3. 

If they jump on teams and build substantial leads, all I'd like to see is for the offense to milk the clock and keep their defense off the field.  Yes, there are flaws with this defense.  But losing the time of possession battle isn't helping matters.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE] I can list at least 4 people who agree with me and I am missing some: Wozzy True Champ ReRun APDynasty Why doesn't Babe isolate their names and take on them?  Ever ask that question?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Because most people on the board state their opinion without being arrogant. I happen to agree with most of your statements....but the reason you are singled out is because you do act like a jerk just to prove a point.

I don't care how much you think people are crazy, trolls, or whatever you want to call them...everyone is entitled to their opinion. If that pisses you off so much, why bother? You know the game, and know it well.....but absolutely no need to shove your opinion down everyone's throat like a Richard Cranium.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I agree....there are some absolutely ridiculous statements on this board....but it's a message board....it will happen until both you & I are long gone.

The bottom line is that the ridiculous posts bother you to a point of you saying the things you do where it looks like you are talking down to everyone.

Stop letting them bother you....have thicker skin.

Share your football knowledge...plenty of us agree with it....we just don't agree with your aproach to get your point across....