What is with this roster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: What is with this roster?

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Truly a rather typical BDC Pats forum thread.  I have a couple of questions to those who have absolutely vilified BB and this 53 man roster but first my concerns about the roster:

1) Depth at DT is questionable;

Agree, and considering the lack of an effective pass rusher the last number of years, especially from the interior to me this is one I really scratch my head about. Esp since BB is known for deep DL's. This could also effected the secondary

2) Starting secondary should be good, not great, good.  Could improve over the season. Depth here is rather young.

It's essentially the same group as last year which showed some improvement as the year progressed but was still a subpar secondary as a whole. I expect them to get better but the depth being unproven is a strong worry and the lack of depth on the DL might hurt the secondary than the extra year improved it

Those are my concerns.

Now my questions.

1) This team better with Ras I, seriously?  The guy couldn't stay on the field.  Please, don't say if he's healthy he's better.  Can't cover squat if you're not on the field. (Yeah, I'm disappointed that he couldn't cut it, doesn't change my question.)

Yeah I wasn't expecting much from Ras and thought he was on the buble to begin with. Ryan should replace him easily but they should have done more with the extra cap space

2) Slater hasn't done anything?  Really?  One of the best ST players in the league.  He's not supposed to be on the roster as a wideout.

Love Slater enough said

3) Which way do you want it?  The guy completely remakes the wideout roster because it was deficient and he gets criticized for it?  Egad.

I think people are concerned because of the amount of youth. The odds of all three being productive without hiccups aren't in the Pats favor. And the two vets have missed more games than played in the last two years doesn't help with those concerns.

4)  The team is young on both sides of the ball.  For a team that has been a contender ever since BB got here and will be this year and why is this an issue.  For crying out loud. BB is criticized cause his team is geting old and now he takes in the ear because they're young.

They are young but they dont last on the team because most aren't that good. How many draft picks have we seen cut after a couple years and how many UDFA's join the team every yera and last for more than a year? If you have 12+ players who have a year or less experience on the team and they barely last more than a year then they aren't that good to begin with. You need a healthy balance and you need youth to stick around. One's that only last a year or two don't help the team other than bringing the average age of the roster down

5) Mesko released; Allen gets the job and this is a problem?  As others have pointed out Allen may be the best punter coming out of college in years and he's on the Pats roster for dirt money. 

Mesko was a proven consistent punter, Allen is a bit of an unknown. High potential but it's a concern until w see him do it on gameday

6) Season has started yet.  We have no clue what the injury picture will be going forward and the guy keeps some cash set aside (albeit $10 million) for contingencies and he's an idiot for not spending to the cap.  Really?

Please tell me what player is worth spending that much on after cuts or off teh street FA's. Wouldn't the funds have been better spent on some of the concerns you yourself have? SS's, DT's, and CB's went for short term deals for much less than previous years. Since $5mil is lost when the season ends and that $5mil could have been used on more depth wouldn't you have preferred to do that over going into the season with more ? marks

7) Here it is please I am asking for someone to provide a credible refutation of the info in this link:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/decade-the-making-the-ultimate-nfl-draft-grades/2419/

Don't nitpick the draft picks.  Provide something authoritative if you would please that demonstrates that BB is the putrid GM some on this forum contend that he is.

This article is from 11' and doesn't reflect resent cuts or failures. Heck 1 of the pro-bowlers was Meriweather and it goes back to 00'. Not many players from 00' are still currently on the roster. But how about the last 5 years. How many high picks just haven't contributed anything and have been cut or look like they could be cut during/end of year? Heck they have Ras as a bodes weel pick

I like this 53-man and yeah, I'm a fan and I'm a fan of the way the team does business.

Overall I'm less concerned by the O but the D scares me. I thought they were moving in the right direction but this offseason feels like they are a shell. Outside of starters I have major concerns about everything but the LB's on D which doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies since the D has been the biggest issue the last couple years and the area they've spent the most resources in to fix

Don't really want to get into a back and forth because I'd rather not take up space.  Just a couple of points:

1) I'm less concerned about the rookie wideouts.  Sooner or later an overhaul was necessary and it's done.  We'll simply have to wait and see.

2) I'm also less concerned about the youth movement on D as a matter of fact I like it.  Is this a SB caliber D?  Dunno.  It's an awfully young one but we'll see.

3)  I don't expect BB to spend $10 mil on one player but I do expect that some of that money, hopefully the $5 mil, this year to meet the team's needs.  If he doesn't I'm not going to open a vein over it.

4)  Drafting can't be evaluated with a snapshot.  Peformance over an extended period of time is the only truly accurate way of doing so and the cold hard piece points that out.

Am I convinced that this team is a playoff contender? Absolutely.  SB contender? Time will tell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Still afraid to post a simple link as a courtesy huh?

Can you at least tell us the name of the site were you drummed up your numbers?

Not afraid to post anything.  If you want to try to prove me wrong, feel free to use the internet and do so. 

I'm an honest person and no one can dispute that.  Feel free to try.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Reply to ATJ   I have the same points, thanks for the draft link,  Glad to see an independent source undermine some of the too harsh criticsms

Reply  to true champ -liked every comment

And that report didn't include the last few years, it is still incomplete, but we have a lot of good pick ups.  in the end the report won't change cause other teams also have misses. I too get tired of hearing about the NAME player who may not fit the system or is over paid. we cannot have All Pros at every position- it just doesnt work that way

Reply to Rusty.  Ozzie gambled and won. he was lucky. He shot for the moon with his aging HOFers, his Oline came back from the dead, Flacco found Bolden, But Ozzies job is to find talent and he did, This is certainly a transition year and even you have him at 9-7. Ozzie was a great player who is a great GM. Where BB is all of Ozzie as GM He surpasses him in that BB is also the coach of his generation. I just give others credit when due,

I think The Pats are always a team in  progress, or should I say a work of progress. I agree with you on being under center more, But it also depends on the scheme - personnel on the field. Where you wear me out is TB, The structure of the team and  the game plans run thru BB. TB works for BB. Sometimes TB fails on his own. sometimes he has a lot of help. 

I absolutely don't think you are a troll. You are smart. You do have a ton of knowledge.....I -We get that you dont like TB But if TB is so bad who do you get to replace the QB that BB says he wouldn't want any other?  I root for the D just like I root for the O. I am not Rex Ryan who just cares snouty his D.

When it comes January, I am sure you are going to root for TB to do well? or is he just one of those guys you just don't like? i have them. Maybe you don't like him and call him lazy cause he sat in GWBushs section at a State of the Union?  It really doesn't matter. TB is TB like Bird was Bird and Orr was Orr. You are most entitled to your opinion on TB, REALLY! But we all have eyes and we all have seen. TB is our Qb and our guy, it just gets so weary and dampening to keep hearing it from you Over and over. And  just so you know, I come to this Blog looking for what you have to say, and others too.. I do think there are guys who are gunning for you. And I do also think you have a few of the guys here wrong

I know you won't change your opinions,  fine. but maybe when the season starts, we can all focus on the games and season at hand, Just everybody take their guns off. and trolls go away. I for one will put you on ignore. 

I cannot wait for the season to begin already

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Don't really want to get into a back and forth because I'd rather not take up space.  Just a couple of points:

1) I'm less concerned about the rookie wideouts.  Sooner or later an overhaul was necessary and it's done.  We'll simply have to wait and see.

2) I'm also less concerned about the youth movement on D as a matter of fact I like it.  Is this a SB caliber D?  Dunno.  It's an awfully young one but we'll see.

3)  I don't expect BB to spend $10 mil on one player but I do expect that some of that money, hopefully the $5 mil, this year to meet the team's needs.  If he doesn't I'm not going to open a vein over it.

4)  Drafting can't be evaluated with a snapshot.  Peformance over an extended period of time is the only truly accurate way of doing so and the cold hard piece points that out.

Am I convinced that this team is a playoff contender? Absolutely.  SB contender? Time will tell.

To avoid the back and forth I just want to point out 1 detail with your 3rd statement. If they only spend $5mil that means they would have lost the $5mil they didn't use last year. They have to use all $10mil to take advantage of the carry over. If they only spend $5mil then $5mil is lost and they carry over nothing into next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Go look at the teams who finish very close to the cap.

What do they have in common? They suck!

2012 season, least salary cap room:

San Francisco 49ers: $3,394,599 Division winner Conference Champ game Superbowl
    New York Giants: $3,119,114
    San Diego Chargers: $2,862,095
    Atlanta Falcons: $2,834,873  Division winner Conference Champ game
    New Orleans Saints: $2,272,081
    Oakland Raiders: $1,347,040
    Baltimore Ravens: $606,858 Division winner Conference Champ game Superbowl Champions

Yes.  They suck.

Hilarious!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The highest scoring offense in NFL history scored 14 points in SB 42.

There's your answer. Our QB is Tom Brady. This little thing you and your fellow BBWs have going here is annoying.

The 52 other players aren't in there to kiss the ground Brady walks on. This isn't winning one for the gipper.

Brady had it all. His weapons, his shotgun spread gameplans, but he blew it.  Twice.

He can blame himself.

It's all over now, though. BB reined it in. Hey!  We even have a FB on the roster again! A real one!

lmao

Does anyone else hear a record skipping? 

No, but fans do when Brady makes excuses every January after throwing 3 TDs and 7 INTs in his last 3 AFC title games.

rather than resort to your 2 lame retorts, blame Brady and call me names, how about realistically and seriously stating your opinion, which you shockingly fail to do....

are you happy with Vellano and Fortson behind Kelly and Vince?

if Talib is dinged up aside from the Bills, Bucs and Jets games, take a look at the QB's this defense will be facing. are you comfortable with Ryan the first CB off the bench?

you said AWilson was just what this defense needed. he was going to be HUGE. those were your words. now he isnt here. who fills those huge shoes? Tavon? Harmon?

unless you hear a post game comment from Ghost or a coach, dont assume a Ghost miss is on him...it very likely could be on the holder who has you know, never held a FG before.

are you going to be happy with Blount as your KO return man?

dont say I am anti BB. Dont say I am a Jets fan. Dont say I work for ESPN. Dont say I said something about Sanchez 4 years ago...use your own words, and tell us how comfortable you are with this team

If we are playing more 2-5-4 sets, which is likely, I am fine for now. We're not running a 4-3 base anymore, not with so few DTs or natural 4-3 DEs.

Against the Bills with Spiller and Jaxkson I would say the Pats are in a 4-3 D. Ditto Jets who simply cannot pass. D you think Vellano and Fortson are here to stay, or are they gone before the Bills game? 

Heck, Buchanan looks more like a 3-4 OLB to me than a 4-3 DE.

Do the math.  You need a NT behind Vince and I felt Vellano looked good in that role vs Detroit's 1s.

It's probably why he made the team over the poor showing Forston who got pushed around a lot.

I liked what Fortson showed in drills most of camp. He is a lot stronger than Vellano. 

I would say Blount looked better than crappy Washington on kicks offs, yes. As did Boyce. So, yes, I am happy than seeing a dwarf like Woodhead with small legs barely get us to the 20 every time. Yes, I am happy with that improvement.

how many KR's did Blount return? When he signed, weren't you the one saying Washington was great? I actually thought Washington looked very good most of the summer

Ryan looked good to me in preseason, yes.  Stafford is a good QB, so yes, I am comfortable. I will be even more comfortable when the D starts to use BB's gameplans and this all comes together.

I thought Ryan looked very mediocre the entire summer. He is the slowest CB on the team, but he does set a decent edge. I hope he is not needed for extended snaps

Are you comfortable with Dee Milliner with a sore calf for your Jets and a guy who arrived in camp late due to selfish holdout (which should never happen now under the new CBA), and Kylie Wilson starting on the edge?

I haven't seen any of the Jets play yet, so can't comment in Milliner.

That's what you need to focus on. Your Jets.

But you post more about the Jets on this Pats board than any of us do. Why is that?

You always try to spin this negative drama here and many are sick and tired of your act, you old loser.

Go be miserable somewhere else.

Ya know, your premise might hold water if this was the Jags or Bills or Jets. Teams that are turning there roster over and playing for 2-3 years down the road. But the Pats are playing for a SB, have a PBowl QB  and for 2 straight years had a lot of cap space to maneuver. How do 8 UDFA make a team contending for a SB? Aside from your BB can do anything, and aside from TB will over come, don't you find this an odd roster for BB? 

why do you pooh pooh preseason games when it suits your needs, and then turn around and put so much stock in games when it suits your needs? You keep referencing the Detroit game, but Detroit played as vanilla as they will the entire season, and crushed the Pats on offense and defense....what did you see that the entire Pats nation did not see? 

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Source the link, please, so we can see it.

Most of these teams also don't win 12 games minimum like we do. The Chargers and Giants missed the playoffs last year and might again.

Get it?

That's not good.

I already told you why Baltimore is an aberration example.  Ray Lewis gave a speech and the Denver Safety was a moron.

Their season was on ice in December. They had some things go their way, good for them, but that doesn't dispel my point.

IN fact, Baltimore just had to replace like 60+% of its starting D, lost their best WR and starting Center and their feeble TE stable behind Pitta has them in trouble.

Again, nice job winning the SB, but if they miss the playoffs this year, bad cap management will be a big reason why.

Book it.

If the Pats won any Supebowl since the 2004 season and missed the playoffs the following year, I'd be okay with that.

As for my link, I'm not known as someone who lies about things.  In fact, I'm known as an honest person around these parts.  You want to dispute my info?  You don't believe it's true?  Feel free to do the work yourself and prove my info false.

It's not hard to find information online.  Google is pretty cool.  Do search engines baffle you like smartphones do?

Still afraid to post a simple link as a courtesy huh?

Can you at least tell us the name of the site were you drummed up your numbers? Because the more and more you don't, you're going to look like TFB12 telling us he's married with kids and father of the year.

lmao

PS No, it hasn't been SB or bust in the last decade. IN 2009, Brady was coming off an ACL tear and NE was transitioning. In 2010, the D started 4 rookies and went an amazing 14-2 before Brady and the offense crapped themselves. But, most teams who start that many rookies ain't winning a SB.

Jets will start a few rookies on their D this year, for example.  They'll be lucky to go 5-11.

Hmmm...sounds very unlike bb. Surprising since you are his biggest fan.

so let me get this right...when you have one of the best qb's to ever play, your goal is not the SB every year? 

Bb and tb have 1 goal. Win sb's. Anything short of that is failure. At least that is the story coming from your idol. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That list was from the beginning of training camp.  Here's the list of teams that spent more than the Pats from the start of the season:

Vikings:  $8.2 million. Wild Card

Dolphins:  $7.1 million.

Packers:  $6.9 million. Division winner

Cardinals:  $6.6 million.

Redskins:  $6.1 million. Division winner

Jets:  $5.9 million.

Cowboys:  $5.7 million.

Colts:  $5.3 million. Wild Card

Panthers:  $5.3 million.

Bears:  $4.5 million.

Saints:  $4.1 million.

Rams:  $4.0 million.

Chargers:  $3.5 million.

Raiders:  $2.3 million.

Giants:  $2.2 million.

Lions:  $2.0 million.

Steelers;  $1.6 million.

Ravens:  $1.4 million. Superbowl

Falcons:  $1.3 million.  NFL Conference

Texans:  $882,000. Division winner

49ers:  $880,000.  Superbowl

Tell us again, just one more time, how team that spend too close to the cap suck.

So, you think that because these teams spent more money then they are smarter with their cap room? This is a goodsituation? We just came off back to back afc championship games. Besides the ravens( winning the SB) losing half their roster, what did the rest of them do the last 2 seasons?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This team is better than it was a year ago, substantially better than two years ago when they were in the Super Bowl... stop smoking rocks.  "

Yeah, so here's the thing - there's no such thing as a team that hasn't played a game being better than a team that made it to a Super Bowl.    If we at least make it back to the Super Bowl this year, fine. Till then two years ago is the bar to live up to, not to look down upon.    On the other hand I'm not a fan of questioning a roster before a game is played either. That's the height of silliness.    I am critical of Belichick in some respects but he has earned enough  to take a team out onto the field and see how we do before I am going to cast aspersions on it. That's why they play the games.      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Again, nice job winning the SB, but if they miss the playoffs this year, bad cap management will be a big reason why." 

I would take a Super Bowl win this year and missing the playoffs next year also, if that's their strategy, it's far superior to "win just enough for a painful postseason loss" plan we have enacted. 

Oh, that's right, that's Brady's fault. 

Brady really screwed up those plays!!!!!!!!    Why can't he make more plays like these anymore?       

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Again, nice job winning the SB, but if they miss the playoffs this year, bad cap management will be a big reason why." 

I would take a Super Bowl win this year and missing the playoffs next year also, if that's their strategy, it's far superior to "win just enough for a painful postseason loss" plan we have enacted. 

Oh, that's right, that's Brady's fault. 

Brady really screwed up those plays!!!!!!!!    Why can't he make more plays like these anymore?       

Far superior? The Ravens should have lost in Denver. They were fortunate to win it last year. As were the Giants before them. And the Steelers. And yes, even the Patriots before that. No strategy is best. The Patriots way works, they are right there with the best of them. They just haven't had the fortunate bounces. Maybe this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

Teams that get too close top the cap end up having to cut decent players to meet immediate needs in OTHER positions...it hems them in...it makes sense....it hurts long term plannin g and cap management...it's stupid management...no business can operate successfully over time if it's flexability is deterred/ limited and operating marign is too tight...

Are you Rusty?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NE's 2001 pass D wasn't that great. Ranked near the bottom as well.

Right dumbkoff. Other than that Pats defense having a 68.6 DPR, a respectable run D and allowing 18% ppg less, you would be right. LMAO@U

Another day, another bludgeoning of the VI.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A new dynasty was possibly under way in 2011, but Brady and Welker lost focus and blew it for the team and fans.

Making things up again. SOS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"This team is better than it was a year ago, substantially better than two years ago when they were in the Super Bowl... stop smoking rocks.  "

Yeah, so here's the thing - there's no such thing as a team that hasn't played a game being better than a team that made it to a Super Bowl.    If we at least make it back to the Super Bowl this year, fine. Till then two years ago is the bar to live up to, not to look down upon.    On the other hand I'm not a fan of questioning a roster before a game is played either. That's the height of silliness.    I am critical of Belichick in some respects but he has earned enough  to take a team out onto the field and see how we do before I am going to cast aspersions on it. That's why they play the games.      

Yeah, so here's the thing, if you want to respond to someone directly, you just hit that option in the bottom left hand corner, ok?

I think with the exception of the doom and gloom society, you're the only person who doesn't think we're a better team than 2011.

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount vs. Benny, rookie Ridley and Woodhead = Better

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Simms vs. Wes, Chad Johnson, Branch = Better

Tight end... lets just say you don't have a serial killer on your team and we have Sudfeld = Better

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Linebackers; We likely have the best collection of linebackers in the NFL = Better

Defensive backfield; I mean are Talib and Dennard better than Arrington and Sterling Moore? = Better

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, so here's the thing, if you want to respond to someone directly, you just hit that option in the bottom left hand corner, ok?

I think with the exception of the doom and gloom society, you're the only person who doesn't think we're a better team than 2011.

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount vs. Benny, rookie Ridley and Woodhead = Better

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Simms vs. Wes, Chad Johnson, Branch = Better

Tight end... lets just say you don't have a serial killer on your team and we have Sudfeld = Better

O Line = Better

DTackles = Better

Linebackers; We likely have the best collection of linebackers in the NFL = Better

Defensive backfield; I mean are Talib and Dennard better than Arrington and Sterling Moore? = Better

[/QUOTE]

You just ruined the thread. How does anybody reply to this? If the agenda is to sell that the Pats are worse then 2 years ago, then how does one go about executing this agenda after your post?

Further more, if they are in fact better then 2011, (which they appear to be most sane fans) then isn't BB the GM doing a fantastic job? We did lose the SB in the last few minutes that year.

Even the anti BB draft crew admit that we probably would have won if Gronk was healthy. Where does it end? Where do we draw the line with even responding to these guys? In the words of the great Walter Sobchak, "Has the whole damn world gone crazy"?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've said this many times before, but the 2011 team (talentwise) was not a championship team.  Our coaching staff did a tremendous job to get that team with that group of players to the Super Bowl.  This roster is significantly better than that one.  Is it really championship talent?  Not quite sure it's that good yet, though it's moving in the right direction.  But with our coaching staff (and with Tom Brady as QB), we always have a very good shot at the Super Bowl, even if the overall talent is somewhat below typical championship level. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ravens:  $1.4 million. Superbowl

Falcons:  $1.3 million.  NFL Conference

Texans:  $882,000. Division winner

49ers:  $880,000.  Superbowl

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

So, you think that because these teams spent more money then they are smarter with their cap room? This is a goodsituation? We just came off back to back afc championship games. Besides the ravens( winning the SB) losing half their roster, what did the rest of them do the last 2 seasons?

I didn't say that.  A brilliant mind stated that teams that spend too close the cap suck.  I provided info to show that the brilliant mind is a dope.

Yes, the Pats have come really close lately.  I wonder if spending more on better players would have been the difference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Just like every season, Pats fans complain they don't like the team and every year, the Pats contend.  Pats fans are ridiculously spoiled.  We can rinse and repeat this next Labor Day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Just like every season, Pats fans complain they don't like the team and every year, the Pats contend.  Pats fans are ridiculously spoiled.  We can rinse and repeat this next Labor Day.

Last Superbowl victory:  2004 season

Current:  2013 season

What have Pats fans been spoiled by? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This roster does not feel like a BB roster as it currently sits. Does anyone ever remember a team like this to start a season? Assuming this is a SB contending team, is there too much youth and too little talent? 

-35% of the roster is first or second year players

-if Ghost starts the season with some misses, before this board erupts and calls for his head, lets remember that 33% of a successful FG is on the holder, and Allen has never done this in his life

-Talib in numerous seasons has missed games with injury. McCourty has played injured the past 2 seasons. Dennard may or may not be suspended. The replacements are Tavon Wilson and 2 rookies. 

-is LaGarrett Blount really an option at KR? If this team is going to be a 3 and 4 WR spread offense I want Boyce on the field, not getting nicked up on KR. In no uncertain terms do I wish to see McCourty on KR

-Kelly, Vince and who? This team needs another big body at DT

-I am of the opinion this is a better team with RasI, Love, Mesko and Washington on the roster. 

-no one knows any of the behind the scenes situations as the flow of information is non existent. Every one is cognizant of the cap. But does it seem every decision on the roster is made on the cheap? This team has had 2 years of very solid amount of cash to improve the team, and so far the results have been mediocre at best (including last years disaster) 

-can you tell I am not happy with this roster? 

-to repeat what so many have said on this board...thankul that TB is on this roster. Lucky the AFC east is still nothing to worry about (although I still have my eye on the Phins)

-still a week to go and changes can be made on the fly. Today, I am not a happy fan with this roster

Now u sound like me a week ago,,,,lol. I told you I was concerned with AW and his lack of good news in camp and our lack of DT depth and u shook it off and now u are concerned too. That AW was a big blow cuz now we are back to having 2 Cbs play safety and thats not ideal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Lol Sudfeld is better than Hernandez huh? Just a few months ago all of the eternal optimists and super fans had Hernandez forgetting who Welker was. Now that he's gone a kid who has never played a real game is better than him.

Lets try and wait a few games.

2+2=5

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

This roster does not feel like a BB roster as it currently sits. Does anyone ever remember a team like this to start a season? Assuming this is a SB contending team, is there too much youth and too little talent? 

-35% of the roster is first or second year players

-if Ghost starts the season with some misses, before this board erupts and calls for his head, lets remember that 33% of a successful FG is on the holder, and Allen has never done this in his life

-Talib in numerous seasons has missed games with injury. McCourty has played injured the past 2 seasons. Dennard may or may not be suspended. The replacements are Tavon Wilson and 2 rookies. 

-is LaGarrett Blount really an option at KR? If this team is going to be a 3 and 4 WR spread offense I want Boyce on the field, not getting nicked up on KR. In no uncertain terms do I wish to see McCourty on KR

-Kelly, Vince and who? This team needs another big body at DT

-I am of the opinion this is a better team with RasI, Love, Mesko and Washington on the roster. 

-no one knows any of the behind the scenes situations as the flow of information is non existent. Every one is cognizant of the cap. But does it seem every decision on the roster is made on the cheap? This team has had 2 years of very solid amount of cash to improve the team, and so far the results have been mediocre at best (including last years disaster) 

-can you tell I am not happy with this roster? 

-to repeat what so many have said on this board...thankul that TB is on this roster. Lucky the AFC east is still nothing to worry about (although I still have my eye on the Phins)

-still a week to go and changes can be made on the fly. Today, I am not a happy fan with this roster

Now u sound like me a week ago,,,,lol. I told you I was concerned with AW and his lack of good news in camp and our lack of DT depth and u shook it off and now u are concerned too. That AW was a big blow cuz now we are back to having 2 Cbs play safety and thats not ideal.

[/QUOTE]

I am unsure what you are talking about. Pls try english if you wish to discuss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Last Superbowl victory:  2004 season

Current:  2013 season

What have Pats fans been spoiled by? 

How about winning the division 9 out of the last 10 years in the Salary Cap era and consistently in the playoffs even with major roster turnover on defense and offense?  It's hard to win the Super Bowl.  Damn hard.  Do you know how many Redskins, Browns, Lions, Jets, and several other teams fans would kill to have that track record?  The Patriots are a Super Bowl contender every year.  It's hard to win in the NFL let alone a Super Bowl every year.  They've been to two Super Bowls since the last one they won.  It sucks to lose the big game but to make it there twice in the past 6 years?  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  Nobody is crying for Pats fans especially since Brady is the QB and Bill is the coach.

Sit back, relax, enjoy a few beers during football this year.  It's fun!