What is wrong w/MAYO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: What is wrong w/MAYO?

Maybe he's one of those guys who needs game preperation.  I've never really felt he was an instinctual player.  I think he's more cerebral, and works for that he gets through preperation.  Spikes seems more instinctual, they could be a great duo if Mayo comes around and plays better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

have to admit he looked a little off last night

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This was not the first preseason game he looked down.  I'm hoping he isn't a one year wonder myself.  We attributed his off year to his injury last year, I'm hoping we don't have to look for another reason this year...

I won't really be concerned until the real games start though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tigerpaws7. Show tigerpaws7's posts

he hasn't looked as good since his injury last season. hopefully he will play better during the regular season. he was very good in his rookie season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Look, this started last year. He has not played well. We blamed the injury last year but he has not yet stepped up this year. He is terrible against passes over the middle to tight ends. I'm hoping he comes around but so far yes he absoultely has been a one year wonder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Doesn't have Bruschi or Vrabel yelling at him after every play any longer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Frankly nobody on the Pats defense seemed to be anywhere near the ball in that last game. They looked flat against the Rams on defense and they looked flat against the Giants. When you consistently loose the battle at the LOS it becomes demoralising to the entire defense. Perhaps Belichick will go with a four man line. We need to stop the run if nothing else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Little was at stake to get Mayo studying the Giants, and a regular season win is at stake for the Cincinnati game in 9 days.  Maybe Mayo was studying Carson Palmer this week. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I guess I wasn't the only person thinking this.  Who knows maybe his rookie year was an abnormality and what we are now witnessing is closer to his mean. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It is very fattening and has nothing on Dijon Mustard IMO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Can't answer this question until i see his performance in a real game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmiller3. Show nmiller3's posts

I'm pretty sure he still had the team league in tackles last year. I'll agree that he hasn't been flashy but he is still a good young player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This guy if I remember was a top ten pick. Top ten picks are not supposed to play like him .Period! He played well his rookie year up to the Jets game were he played outstanding and took a devastating hit at the goal line that night and latter was confirmed he hurt his shoulder. THe rest of that season he was mediocore. Last season was the ankle injury, he came back from that and played very pedestrianly, so far this year he has been average at best. I don't care if it's preseason, he has to show better than this, and if he's hurt (which I doubt because he'd be sitting) then that's a concern. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong w/MAYO?:
    This guy if I remember was a top ten pick. Top ten picks are not supposed to play like him 
    Posted by mthurl

This seems like a silly thing to say.  Why am I not suprised YOU said it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong w/MAYO? : This seems like a silly thing to say.  Why am I not suprised YOU said it.
    Posted by Davedsone

That's because he's a 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

From the looks of it, it looked like Mayo was playing QB spy all game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

I can sum it up for you in one word whats wrong with Mayo!   GUTZ. He's lost his Gutz! Thats right, I said it. Gutz!    He has stopped hitting, he has stopped smacking, fighting, killing....the instinct is gone!  He better get it back or he is in for a long long long season of being run over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Still haven't played a real game yet this year. We'll find out whether he was a one year wonder soon enough. I think it'd be fair to give him a pass last year due to injuries. No excuse for this year though...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moelarrythecheeseplease. Show moelarrythecheeseplease's posts

Agree with RonF.  The run defense so far is abominable.  Opposing teams will be able to run at will based on what we've seen to date.  It may be a passing league, but to run the ball trnslates to dominating your opponent.  It does several things:
    a.) it shortens the game.  b.) it minimizes the amount of opportunities the pats have to strike back with their potent passing attack.

As far as Mayo goes, how long is the injury excuse going to be used?  Very, very disappointed from what I've seen to date.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Mayo has missed more tackles last season than I can ever remember Bruschi or Vrabel ever making.  I hope he can regain form, because I have a feeling his lost step will consistantly cost him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong w/MAYO? : This seems like a silly thing to say.  Why am I not suprised YOU said it.
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave why are you so angry? Is it because you know nothing about football or because you don't have a Harley and the big boys don't let you ride with them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong w/MAYO? : That's because he's a 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Mmm, mmm.......Dat stuff tastes so good, mmm. Once it hits your lips?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Take it easy...why should he play his toughest in totally meaningless preseason games? Furthermore they often experiment with different setups in preseason matches, so cool down. I havent heard that Demarcus Ware, Urlacher, B. Scott, Dansby etc. have played exeptionally good either, so lets wait a week og two before we kill the man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It is very fattening and has nothing on Dijon Mustard IMO
    Posted by TrueChamp

I am a bit concerned about its attitude. If you have seen the recent Miracle Whip commercials, you know what I am talking about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Nothing is wrong with Mayo that isn't wrong with the whole team.  Period. Pre season game with no real preparation.  Lighten up.  Don't lrt 

Sections
Shortcuts