What is wrong with BB?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: What is wrong with BB?

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB?:
    glad you sobered up and came back!
    Posted by Quagmire3

You can thank Laz for that. I realized I can't leave my fellow fans to suffer him alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : its sport talk to discuss different opinions. smart people will have observations of things, including what could be done better. every human being makes errors. every day. sometimes small, sometimes big. bb is one of them. never to deliberate, question or disagree with someone JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME ELITE STATUS, is a case of "the emperor wearing no clothes". if you dont know what hat means, run it through your search engine.  choose to open your mind and allow growth. conjecture drives this website, is fun and entertining, and will make your brain actually grow, as in create new brain cells (for the inquisitive, lookup "brain plasticity"). peace.
    Posted by bredbru

I understand having disagreements about a specific decision BB might make. But saying the best coach in the game is wrong week, after week after week on the same issue is absurd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I thought you were retired?
    Posted by e4smith

Laz convinced me to come back. He gets all the credit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I knew you'd be back. 
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

You knew Laz would convince me to stay? I'm impressed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

glad you sobered up and came back!
    Posted by Quagmire3

Thanks bro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're like Sybil, one day you want to marry Belichick and the next day he's the devil?  Why don't you decide first if you like the guy or hate the guy, because he can't be the best and worst at the same time can he? You retire, then un-retire?    Do you dress in women's clothing and sit outside his apartment?  Sorry this has just gotten weird...
    Posted by wozzy

Wozzster, you almost convinced me to return, but Laz was the hero in that.

I like BB just fine. I always say he is a great coach, defend his stupidity on spygate and have only ever said he is an average GM.

Why that would make you think I don't like him is unfathomable.

Try getting in the grill of the several who constantly attack his coaching decisions if you want to actually nail somebody who bashes him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good to see you Babe! Of course there will be questioning of any player and any coach and any GM. THey all make mistakes and they all are fair game. But is your purpose here to establish a point we all (essentially) agree on - as I do in my opening sentence - or is it that you are just trying to start a fight? If you just feel a need to establish the basic point that BB as coach and BB as GM and TB as QB can all be criticized then fine. I agree. I also agree that TB is not "the problem". He is a HOF QB playing at a HOF level now. But he has made some mistakes that have been HUGELY costly. I think this has been in part due to a feeling (unspoken publically) that he needs to carry the team and that the D, in the last few years, has been unreliable to the extent TB has felt a need to do too much. He might simply have been being so cautious in his throw to Welker that he made it just a little too difficult to catch while trying to insure there was no chance for an interecption. But your best player is never the problem you have to solve.
    Posted by portfolio1

My point is that certain persons criticize BB incessantly week in week out regarding how he coaches the team yet in the same breath say he is the best coach of all. It's that phony duplicity that I protest. Scrutinizing a decision here or there is football talk. Indicting his general philosophy on running the team belies claiming he is a great coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : My point is that certain persons criticize BB incessantly week in week out regarding how he coaches the team yet in the same breath say he is the best coach of all. It's that phony duplicity that I protest. Scrutinizing a decision here or there is football talk. Indicting his general philosophy on running the team belies claiming he is a great coach.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I see that you've ended your brief retirement...LOL!!! Welcome back, Babe!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : Woz - Babe thinks the world of BB as a coach. He thinks BB as a GM (as drafter, as aquirer of FA and as wizard of trades) is only average (not bad, jsut average). I agree that BB is a better coach than a GM but that is because I think he is either the best or 2nd best of all time. As a GM I personally think he is extremely good. Certainly one of the very best in the cap era - in my opinion.
    Posted by portfolio1

I think as a GM BB is an exceptional cap manager. He is virtually infallible at letting guys go vs ability and cost, but that is because he is a great coach. I think his drafting has been very suspct as is his FA signing. His trading for players is better than average to good. His trading for draft picks is very good.

I believe he has adopted a certain philosophy based on these strengths and weaknesses. He will nowadays sign a number of relatively cheap FAs and see who shines. He also tries to stockpile draft picks for the same reason. Either he or his staff have not displayed an ability to identify high cost FAs or draftees very well so he uses the numbers game to compensate for that. Considering what he has shown for ability in those areas I think it is a good strategy for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So the "retirement" stunt was what? Just to see what folks might say about you? For attention, apparently. OK, forget anything relatively somewhat nice I may have said. Truth is, you're a self-important dork. You're also a troll. You also can't make up your mind. You think BB is great, then he's the antichrist, he's a genius, then he's just dumb lucky because Tom Brady appeared in his locker room from on high. You're hot, you're cold. You leave, you come back. All in like 24 hours.  Actually sounds like menopause...
    Posted by Muzwell

hiya queenie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is the greates coach ever. Oh...and seek help.
    Posted by tcal2-

I agree he is the best coach currently. Ever? He's in the conversation, but I voted Lombardi in TP's poll.

Why do I need help again?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : Nah, it paints a far more clear portrait of the reality of the situation, along with the realities of other people's creeds by:  Babe determing his feelings on a moment to moment basis, THEN depending on what his 110% fully soldififed ideas are at that present split second of time, FULLY expressing that the people he hmself, doesn't like, Conform to the exact polar opposite of feelings on his random, and very specific, and unconditionally 100% fully formed, self-based opinion on that specific matter (in that specific single second of fanatically held belief...before it changes again, that is). See?!?  ...This way, you can create fissures based on false claims about others, mislead m#rons whom actually support one of your ideas at a given instance of you expressing your ever-changing notions...  Babe misleads people, everyway and does so continuously and deliberately.  It makes any and all connections in between other posters, THAT much more difficult to attain...incredibly so, because we carry the weight of these conflictory thoughts and contradictory beliefs that we believe they don't shre with us, or DO share with us (when they often do not) for some time afterwards.  Lot'sa nice stuff ya can do here with this method.  It's fun and beneficial for All!   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

My "unconditionally 100% fully formed, self-based opinion" is that if you are not actually in a sanatorium, you should be. But they should really pull the plug on the internet access for you. It's not helping your issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : Nah, it paints a far more clear portrait of the reality of the situation, along with the realities of other people's creeds by:  Babe determing his feelings on a moment to moment basis, THEN depending on what his 110% fully soldififed ideas are at that present split second of time, FULLY expressing that the people he hmself, doesn't like, Conform to the exact polar opposite of feelings on his random, and very specific, and unconditionally 100% fully formed, self-based opinion on that specific matter (in that specific single second of fanatically held belief...before it changes again, that is). See?!?  ...This way, you can create fissures based on false claims about others, mislead m#rons whom actually support one of your ideas at a given instance of you expressing your ever-changing notions...  Babe misleads people, everyway and does so continuously and deliberately.  It makes any and all connections in between other posters, THAT much more difficult to attain...incredibly so, because we carry the weight of these conflictory thoughts and contradictory beliefs that we believe they don't shre with us, or DO share with us (when they often do not) for some time afterwards.  Lot'sa nice stuff ya can do here with this method.  It's fun and beneficial for All!   

Is it possible you could backup evn one of your incoherent disheveled accusations? Didn't think so. Carry on. Basket weaving is at 10am.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to What is wrong with BB?:
    He is the best coach in the game. If you disagree please say so. Others say (NOT ME)..... He can't see we need to run the ball more. He can't see we need to use the shotgun/spread less. Or maybe he just can't control his employees? He has agreed to make Brady the highest paid player in the game, but some tell us he is the big problem with his poor performances. We have several resident experts who see this so clearly. Then what is wrong with the best coach in the game that he doesn't see these things? Maybe Rusty and Co. can tell us. I want answers.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I dont know, but i guess when he says he will retire he will mean it. :) Just kidding man, didnt think you were really not going to post here again. For the record, I have no problrm with BB and will cry out load when he leaves the team!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to What is wrong with BB? : I dont know, but i guess when he says he will retire he will mean it. :) Just kidding man, didnt think you were really not going to post here again. For the record, I have no problrm with BB and will cry out load when he leaves the team!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d

If he retires he will mean it? lol They booted him 6 times and he came back. I doubt he would leave voluntarily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Because jerry honey(honey is good on toast BTW)Brady is worth 1 billion and answers to no one except his wife and hairdresser.
    Posted by sod11

His wife is worth $1 billion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : ...the moment that you see Laz, aligning himself on the side of retired US Military Men with often the most ultra conservative ideas (like Muzwell ), on the subject of menopause.......that's when ya know something is wrong- something's very, very wrong with the alternative.  Very, verrrry, unholy and really, reaaaally wrong.  That's one of those red flags...caught on fire, highlighted by strobes, surrounded by exploding fluorescent tubes- Something ya go, "Oh, I see that- That's sorta recognizable and apparent, ain't it?"

Fear not Laz, I'm not actually the guy in the pic, although he is my all time favorite warrior. I should be half as courageous. If we accorded military heros the same level of worship we do our sports heros, this guy's face would be as familiar as DiMaggio. But clearly he is not that well known. If I mentioned his name, I suspect 75% of folks would think he was the guy who talked to animals.

Maybe raptor or one of the other service members who posts here knows who he is?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Babe please list 5 GM's better then BB and 5 coaches better then BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe please list 5 GM's better then BB and 5 coaches better then BB.
    Posted by ChasaB

There must be at least a dozen better coaches right here on this board because they keep telling everybody how he doesn't manage the offense right.

For my part I have said he is the best coach in the business.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

he can't draft

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I already welcomed Babe back in another thread (or meant to) so I won't do it again.  He might actually get the impression that I think he's tolerable.

As is the case with the many and varied opinions of BB as a GM there are differing views of BB as a coach.

Being the blind kool-aid drinker that I am I happen to think he is superior in both categories.

I think the preceding post wherein getdrunkstupit said 'he can't draft' is rather silly but it's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He might actually get the impression that I think he's tolerable.
    Posted by ATJ

I'm assuming you are kidding.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Look, Babe, you and I see things very differently but I think you bring something to table when you post and your passion for the Patriots is beyond question.  This thread is a good example - it provokes discussion. So as a matter of fact I am glad to see you back.  And if I didn't think you were 'tolerable' I wouldn't post on a thread you started.

Sections
Shortcuts