What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose

In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose: I LOVE the gap in the front teeth. Good opening.
    [QUOTE]I guess thats a good reason, yep dont wanna see anybody hurt. I can understand that. your a nice man you have a nice heart, very caring, are you single?
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose : Way to confront Any...or, I was hoping for-One of the ideas which I posed in any single previous post on this thread... Blah, blah, blah-Rams S#ck-Blah, blah, blah-Pats got punched in the face-Blah, blah, blah, So Pats Must S#ck-Blah, blah, blah-This offseason s#cked-Blah, blah, blah...  Are you- ?  I don't even know why I'm posting to you, I mean-I digress (quite often), but it's either with humour, or under the guise that I've at least ONCE broached the intended thread's actual given topic.  Jesus, I was initially wondering How Long half of you people have been actual Patriot Fans... THEN , I was wondering How Long half of you people have been actual Football Fans...Now, I'm just wondering How Long half of you people have been able to communicate with your fellow man in either verbal or written form.  Don't worry man you can only fall up from here, there's not much elsewhere you can potentially go; You can only hope BUT to redeem yourself here.  Just string some random words together, and it'lll be as relevant as your last post...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Oh I get it now, I'm supposed to comment on all the stuff that you rambled on about! You mean like playing off the line of scrimmage, yada, yada ,yada. Really? I mean are for real? Have you ever watched football or does your extensive experience stem from NFL countdown.

If you can tell me who is going to provide a pass rush, then do it. If you can tell me who will take over for the guy to the left of Wilfork and the guy to the right, then do it. Tell me who reminds you of McGinest on the outside and tell me that it doesn't matter that our middle backers can't cover, even though one of them is fast and they both are young. Is there anyone outside of Wilfork on this D that you think is actually going to care about how bad they played tonight?

Don't pretend that you know what the game plan is, all you have to do is look at the players on the field...They don't have the horses. Period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Csizzl3. Show Csizzl3's posts

The only way losing today comes out as a good thing is if we trade for an impact DEF player of RB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose:
    [QUOTE]The only way losing today comes out as a good thing is if we trade for an impact DEF player of RB.
    Posted by Csizzl3[/QUOTE]

Amen! But watch out, by saying something like that you will be accused of not loving the Patriots and not knowing anything about football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose : Oh I get it now, I'm supposed to comment on all the stuff that you rambled on about! You mean like playing off the line of scrimmage, yada, yada ,yada. Really? I mean are for real? Have you ever watched football or does your extensive experience stem from NFL countdown. If you can tell me who is going to provide a pass rush, then do it. If you can tell me who will take over for the guy to the left of Wilfork and the guy to the right, then do it. Tell me who reminds you of McGinest on the outside and tell me that it doesn't matter that our middle backers can't cover, even though one of them is fast and they both are young. Is there anyone outside of Wilfork on this D that you think is actually going to care about how bad they played tonight? Don't pretend that you know what the game plan is, all you have to do is look at the players on the field...They don't have the horses. Period.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Oh no, Im affraid he may be right. I didnt see any horses on the football field either. Did anyone watch the Cheerleaders, the 2 blondes on the left side were soo out of step. I use to be a Cheerleader and I was good at that so I know my business on steps. I bet they got picked for other reasons. I have seen that happen. They once picked a girl over me cuz they said I didnt knwo how to install radiators in a mack truck. I think they lied

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Csizzl3. Show Csizzl3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose : Amen! But watch out, by saying something like that you will be accused of not loving the Patriots and not knowing anything about football.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Seriously. when has losing a game to a horrible team  ever been a good thing. regardless if it "counts" or not the bottomline is the rams manhandled them for basically the whole game. We couldnt even stop their second string offense when it mattered. If this leads to Belicheck going nuts in the locker room and bringing in an impact player then its a good game to lose. As of right now however we just got beat by the worst team in the league last year at home and it wasnt even close by all accounts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Laz:  See Folks, the potentially good stuff can be accounted for, and surmised IF you simply look at Fact #1, Fact #2, Fact #3, Fact #4, Fact #5, THEN weigh it against Fact #6 & Fact #7, and finally, IF you begin to consider Fact #8 & Fact #9, THEN Fact #10 begins to show decent sensibility.

mthrl & today's most recent "Game-Day" troll passerbyWhat DOESN'T even figure IN-to your account is The Planet Neptune, And What IF Football isn't really a "Game" but a "way of life."  IF however, you can PERSONALLY answer an Insider-Info Patriots's question that is my altogether pointless & rhetorically digressive counter to your thread topical discussion ("Does Banta-Cain have back hair, and WILL this slow NE's pass rush?"), THEN I can proceed to a second meaningless line of questioning (Like "Why CAN'T the middle Linebackers cover, and Does this have to do with cheap NE footwear?"), AND maybe perhaps hope to solidify ALL of this in some totally insane deductive argument, THUS Proving My Point on generalizing senseless connections between unrelated facts=("Patriots did NOT win tonight; When a Team doesn't Win, they are worse than the Team that DOES WIN; Worse, Is NOT a Good Thing; Not a Good thing, Is BAD; Bad is Sh#t; Sh#t st!nks; Patriots stink);  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrchip1958. Show mrchip1958's posts

This looked too much like last season start to finish to mean nothing less than bad news. Oh me , Oh my!    pssst Matilda. Any pics?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

",,,Matilda's the defendant
       She's killed about a hundred  
       And she'll follow wherever
       You may go
    ..."

Hey anti~, NO offense my brotha, but The "M-Waltz" always reminded me of Rod's version of elevator music lol; I AM however, a fan of "Maggie May," although greatly overplayed...so tell'ya, Gimme:

"Billy wrote a letter back home to Patti's parents trying to explain.
    He said we're both real sorry that it had to turn out this way
    But here ain't no point in talking when there's nobody listening
    So we iust ran away. -
    Patti gave bi@h to a ten pound baby boy
    yeah
    Young hearts be free tonight
    time is on your side
    Young hearts be free tonight
    time is on your side
    ."

Although, I MAY have to rethink my take on your song, because when I looked it up I found out that the original was about this: 
    "Waltzing Matilda" is Australia's most widely known bush ballad, a country folk song, and has been referred to as "the unofficial national anthem of Australia".[1]

The title is Australian slang for travelling by foot with one's goods in a "Matilda" (bag) slung over one's back.[2] The song narrates the story of an itinerant worker or swagman making a drink of tea at a bush camp and capturing a sheep to eat. When the sheep's ostensible owner arrives with three police officers to arrest the worker for the theft (a crime punishable by hanging), the worker commits suicide by drowning himself in the nearby watering hole, and then goes on to haunt the site."

But this STILL doesn't mean I'm free tonight mathilda...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They say you learn from your mistakes.  They must have learned alot tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

pats probably were thinking hey this is the rams we dont even have to show up tonight...  Bill was thinking my team thinks this is the rams and they dont have to show up tonight...  hmmmnnnnn  a perfect trap game in the preseason to humble them into learning how to be professionals...just what the doctor ordered...thats why he is the genius he is...  

so him and laz seem to be thinking alike...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Laz, the lines I wrote are the some of the lyrics from the song "Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets to the Wind in Copenhagen)" from the album "Small Change" by Tom Waits and although it employs the "Waltzing Matilda" refrain, it seems to have little to do with Australia. It is said to be about being on a drunk one night in Denmark in the 1970's. He would sometimes introduce the song at his performances by saying it was about throwing up on his shoes in a foreign country. A hauntingly beautiful melody, it's one of my favorite songs by Waits, who I am a huge fan of. Apparently Tom Traubert was a friend of a friend who died in prison.

I know this has nothing to do with the Pats losing a pre-season game to St. Louie, a thing that is not nearly as disastrous as some here would have us believe, I just thought I'd pass this along if you're interested and even if you're not.

Speaking of not being interested, Matilda, I'm not. But if you're ever in Copenhagen, look me up. You'll know who I am when you don't find me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]pats probably were thinking hey this is the rams we dont even have to show up tonight...  Bill was thinking my team thinks this is the rams and they dont have to show up tonight...  hmmmnnnnn  a perfect trap game in the preseason to humble them into learning how to be professionals...just what the doctor ordered...thats why he is the genius he is...   so him and laz seem to be thinking alike...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

He's stealing my line! I have people skills, I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? WHAT THE HE// IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

BB won't lose a game of checkers. This embarrassment was not planned. The genius doesn't quite have the athletes he once had to look like a Mensa member. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

In no way, shape, or form was this game according to BB's plan. 

If the defense was in good shape you wouldn't have seen Wilfork play until almost the fourth quarter.  He's the most important player they have right now and he's about to find out what it's like to play 40-50 snaps a game at nose tackle each game.  He's a great athlete but his duribility is about to get tested big time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They've had some bad pre season games even during their super bowl runs. Heck, they've even had some pretty tough starts to their regular seasons during their super bowl years. Obviously it wasn't a great performance, but it's too early to tell how the team will form. Just two weeks ago the Pats D looked good against the Saints, so I don't think they've changed from world beaters to scrubs in two weeks. It's too early to tell IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Thank you sir.

She's not my special lady, she's my f*cking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man!

[QUOTE]Rockdog you are the man. What the f*ck does this have to do with Vietnam Walter?!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Anyone recall how the Pats looked in the first Buffalo game in 2003 after just having cut Lawyer Milloy?  Seriously, does anyone?  It makes last night's performance look first rate.  And that Buffalo game counted.  If memory serves the Pats went on to win the S/B that season. 

Now, a couple of other points:

Just because the game doesn't count doesn't mean people can't express concern over some of the negatives from last night nor enthusiasm for some of the positives.

BB will not pass on the opportunity to do something with that performance.  I know of no other NFL coach (certainly no other coach who as ever coached the Patriots) who can take something akin to what happened last night and use it as a teaching and motivational tool.

I'm certainly not going to jump off a bridge over last night nor did I plan a ticker tape parade after New Orleans or Atlanta.  It is preseason and it is a time to prepare for the regular season.  Sure, I was disappointed in their performance but I sure as h*ll didn't lose any sleep over it.

My 2 cents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL...umm,  To "Most":

Upon Reading the thread "Game Impressions?," I'd like to address a few points that are Relevant Here...

First off, an of-note is due here; Better, A warning...  

WARNING:  I intend to point out & overall bring to light, certain things which might be taken as decent & relevant (key-word-"relevant") points, which will in more probability than not, be backed up with actual facts & sensible arguments...there will be little to no, Id!ot or Pointless Rhetoric and Weak or Nonsensically unfitting Generalizations, by myself (this might throw some of you way off).  Let's Begin...

>I start with quotes found from some posters RE: This Preseason Game<

CONCERN
    :
    "The team throughout the game just didn't look like they really wanted to play," AND "Sounds like the team didn't come ready to play to me," AND "First half Pats displayed one of the worst performances I've seen in years. (They were) Completely overmatched, no passion or grit...," AND "The Intensity of the first 2 games just wasn't there last night," AND "The fact that this team is flat at all is a concern to me," AND "Where was the hunger and energy from the D? They have to bring that every week to progress in this defense."

POINT
    :  Each & EVERY one of these above concerns are together Correct AND Utterly Wrong...The NFL Pre-Season is different than The NFL Regular Season (this may be shocking to some).  But, it's not as simple as "Duh...da games don't count": It IS, That the PURPOSE of the games are altogether different, AND It IS, That How a team prepares, plans, plays, and even WANTS from a game, IS different as well.  Heck, AND It IS, That How a certain team (OR, player) played & performed in preseason game #1, Makes it DIFFERENT on what you expect and want from preseason game #2, #3, and/or #4.  No, It ISN'T merely getting that "W"...sorry, it ain't. Now, I shall repeat My Overall Take, and Larger Point I've intended for my thread here, Until I Am blue-in-the-face (and as you'll see, these "Points", like any decent argument WILL overlap as I continue on here): 
         You experiment with varying & different schemes to see what works, and even what doesn't work;
         You sub in & out varying & different personell to see who works & doesn't work, and even who works best with whom else;
         You experiment with game-changes & in-game play-calling, personell, formations, schemes, & differing gameplans;
         AND, what you wanna get from a preseason game IS different in terms of PRECISLY what ya got outta the last one (OR 2); You have to think ahead to the Regular Season:  
    There are Serious Injury Worries & Concerns whiich factor in;
    You Don't wanna give away LARGE cues on what YOU, are hoping, WILL make your team a success in the Reg. Season; 
         FINALLY, Both Player And Team psychology & mentality factor in=
    No detrimentally big egos, No detrimentally small egos;
    No detrimental Over-Expectations, No detrimental Small-Expectations;
    No Team "bulls-eyes" on head for other teams;
    And, AS We've ALL seen from 2007-There can be-No Team "unfallible for 1 single second of 1 single game" yokes of NEEDING to play an utterly & totally mistake-free Season of TOTAL Perfection.

No, d#mb people...It Is ENTIRELY NOT ALWAYS about getting a "WIN," sorry...no, wrong.          

CONCERN:
    "(The) offense struggled mightily against Rams ones. (We) couldn't run a lick...," AND "The time to gain an identity is the preseason. This game smacked of the I'm smarter than everyone else" aspects of this staff wherein after two games of running they were going to completely change and pass."

POINT
    :  Age & Runningback Injury factors come in to play when The Regular Season begins...AND even far moreso-
         Schematic Design & Play-Calling which ideally should be at least "modestly" (at the least) kept underwraps as much as possible, and for as Long as Possible, comes into play here: 
         Namely- Jesus, NE Drafted 2 TE's...There have been BOTH rumours, articles, analysts AND Teams actually exploiting the great versatility Now found in this new "en vogue" multiple Tightend Set-up.  Having a smaller (but still, "big enough")-excellent sure-handed pass-catching TE, AND a still a good pass-catching, but massively good Blocking TE-TOGETHER- Makes for superb & novel play-calling-
    Keeping the TE's on the LOS;
    Using that smaller TE as a FB, yet keeping that pass-catching threat there unlike a standard FB;
    Pre-snap, splitting 1 or even BOTH TE's wide into a spread formation;
    Sending 1 in motion, or keeping both on LOS, in order to feign pass OR run equally; 
         AND finally, We Have actually SEEN it's freakin' success firsthand, in the far greater number of times NE has been in this multiple TE set-up during preseason games #1 and #2 (both, against good playoff teams)...  

WhatInTH is wrong with some of you...Should NE call into the play a complex blitx package they might need in order too WIN a Regular Season Game, too?  Perhaps, simply hand the team a Pats's playbook, maybe

CONCERN:
    "(NE's) underneath coverage was once again poor."

POINT:  No, and/or Wrong.  Extremely little-Blitzing, coupled with Safeties in standard zone (usually deep-zone, and stayin' there VERY unaggressively), AND this with the Cornerbacks playing 10 Yards off the LOS, giving the oppossing WR an immediate 10 yard cushion, ALL EQUALS=Giving up many, MANY underneath & short-yardage uncontested receptions, No pressure in numerous or complexities of blitz schemes, deep Safety play (no help @ LOS vs Run, OR potential threat for Safety blitz, OR to help CBs in short-yardage reception) and subsequently The Oppossing QB has more time, less pressure, less cushion, and even after the easy throw-1 slip by a CB or missed tackle, and a given 8 yarder is now an 18 yarder.  
         It WASN'T "Poor Coverage," It WAS far more-"Poor Schematics & Defensive Designs." 
    And guess what again? 
    It gave the Defense more looks, more gametime experience, and differing personell and player individual & combinational evaluations. 
    And guess what A-gain?  
         NE did NOT do with their CBs, what the specific players NE has @ CB are personally so excellent at doing, AND what NE WAS so excellent at doing in preseason games #1 & #2 with their CBs...WHICH IS: Playing their CBs hard, straight-up @ the LOS in tough jamming the WR press-man coverage, coupled with run-support, and vastly added Safety help right on top of the CBs...   
    So guess what, 1 last time?
         NE showed the world nothin' they'll use which has worked. 

Hmmm, WHY on earth NOT do, What exactly has been working so good, and what you drafted and acquired FOR Within your CBs specifically (Bodden largely heralded as 1 of the very best press-man CBs, McCourty was THE best press-man CB in '10 Draft, and Bodden was top 2 in the '09 draft class?     

CONCERN:
    "(NE's) Defense really struggled...pass rush especially, AND Even when they blitzed they couldn't get a guy in there," AND "My biggest concern of course, which I think is MAIN concern is our DEFENSE!! UGH, Once the bell rings -our defense doesn't have the horses as it did in the past. NO Pass rushers -No pressure on QB's equals our defense wont' be able to get OFF the field," AND "Pass rush. I know Belicheck is not a pass rush/sack proponent as the end all be all of defense; but with the game so slanted toward QB/WR play these days it HAS to be. Additionally, when that pass rush comes from just the front 3 or 4 THEN you can get more exotic, more creative with looks, which in turn creates the "big plays"."

POINT
    :  Now, There are 2 Points of Contention to make here, the overall "Preseason One" that I have been arguing, AND actual points of contention RE: The Pats's & BB's overall defensive design:
         #1-Standard Preseason Game...Even WHEN NE blitzed a relatively "minor" number of times, these were NOT in any way, shape, or form- Complex Blitz Schemes...90% of the time, NE's pass-rushing OLB blitzes...and from around the outside of his weakside=WOW=super-duper complex people...I'm sure they never saw that comin'!  Again, WhyInTH show a very specific look which you might desperately need when it counts?
         #2-NE DOES have a pass-rush "weakness":  But ya gotta factor in here Both what NE's 3-4 Defense is, and what I personally believe what Bill Belichick is banking on imho:  NE runs your standard 3-4 "Fairbanks-Bullough" Defensive set-up.  3 D-Lineman, each playing 2 gaps between an O-lineman(or men), IS the most basic "bend don't break defense."  Far less of QB threat, and far MORE of not givin' up a big-play...YET now, the wrinkles which Bill Belichick seems and has taken measures to exploit seem to be fielded on vastly increased CB jamming skill & reaction to help in run AND pass, Allong with his efforts to use interchangeable dual-coverage Safeties. 
         In otherwords, Belichick can NOW (and I trully believe he WILL), use that vastly increased skill & capabilities of his good CBs in order to show ANY sort of look and then subsequently do another, as the play's beginning (zone-press man, press man-zone, off man-zone, zone-off man, press man-off man, off man-press man), AND coupled with Not having any longer a standard bigger, slower, harder-hitting but worse in coverage-Strong Safety helping less in pass but more at the LOS vs run, OR a standard smaller, faster, physically less imposing but good in coverage-Free Safety helping less vs run and more occupying the deep-zone/helping CBs=Bill Belichick is NOW poised to mix up Safety looks, reads, schemes, and EVERY possible thing so that an Offense's QB cannot any longer hope to exploit what 1 of those Safeties is doing/showing.

ALL of this increased CB skill & ability, differing Safety roles & versatility=An opening up for OTHER positions, that might be at first glance-"lacking", And thus-IT DOES open-up many aspects of what NE can do with their pass-rush.   

CONCERN:
    "Y'all saw the defense, or should we say, lack of defense. Who was that big lineman that we traded a couple of seasons ago to San Diego? Sure could have used him last night and all of last season," AND "I just don't think they have the horses on that D-line and I'm afraid this will be the chat most of (if not all) this year."

POINT
    : This IS a major concern...
         But #1-Imho, and perhaps aside from ONLY securing a franchise QB and/or a #1 WR, Securing a 3-4 Defensive End, the quality and likes of someone like Richard Seymour...lmao-well, it ain't gonna happen without a Top 5-maybe (lol) Top 15 Draft Selection...Let's see, hmmm-Do I waste my late 1st Rder on an only average DE, OR get maybe the Nation's Best CB/TE/Guard/#2 WR/ILB...?  And , WAIT and bide my time being a Franchise Success year after year after year, Until I can get that excellent quality DE...  Wow, tough choice here.
         Yet #2-Imho, IS a valid point-But wadd'ya do, WHEN the depth of your Defensive Line is an issue too?  I mean, during PreSeason Game #3, Is it really in your best interests To Play your better & very, very FEW- Regular Season Gameday Starters, long into this preseason contest, riskin' Injury & Wear on them...sheez.  

CONCERN:
    "One of the trademarks of the Super Bowl teams (with those long winning streaks) was they took care of business every week. Remember last year when everyone said don't worry about the regular season, they will turn it on for the playoffs. How did that Balitmore game turn out?"

POINT
    :  Yup, 2007 ended up simply Fan-freakin'-tastic for me, As a New England Patriots's Fan...  Yessiree, excellent call, the idea of infinitely raising expectations, pressure, & overall opponent awareness and opponent passion to beat a 31 and mistake-free team. 
         Yup, IF we can place ALL of these issues on the heads of our players, coaches, & team As early as Preseason Game #3, I'm sure it'll turn out just great for NE in the end... 

CONCERN:
    "My concern is the same issue we had last year that this Defense does not have a true leader on it, be it a player or coach. Everyone thought Vince Wilfork was going to step up this year with his new contract and all. They need a guy that can movitivate the rest of the defense when they come out so flat."

POINT
    THIS is the very Beginning of Issues & Concerns, which SHOULD be taken as worrisome, or at least...Issues to follow as the Regular Season progresses.  #1-Passion, Voice, and Leadership to dig down, motivate others, give veteran play-reads, intimidate opponents, and to Know & Show other guys with some sorta "swagger", that NE WILL be Victors when the final whistle's blown...
         Either way=Preseason, and it's about novel personell groupings, 1 1/2 quarters of Veteran Starter play, and etc., etc..  We shall see when it counts, and even when ya take into consideration the sheer Pure Insane NUMBER of substitutions of players, work on play-calling that hasn't worked in Weeks #1 & #2 for added depth & play-potential success....

Then yea-It Makes it sorta hard to achieve or even FEEL:  Passion & Success, when the Top-Priority is the aforementioned things, Rather THAN things like: Continuity, Stability, Play-Calling on plays You KNOW will work, &/or even Veteran Time on Field as skilled leaders.   

CONCERN:
    "I'm a little concerned on a few injuries but i guess in a couple of days we will find out if it is a real problem."

POINT
    :  THIS, Is PRECISELY that which SHOULD be your concern.  In almost EVERY one of NE's Championship Teams (especially 2001...well, excepting for Bledsoe, thank god)- Depth of Position and Starting Skilled Players's Health, I recall, Was WELL Above The League Average (in terms of injury issues).

CONCERN:
    "I'll assume that Reiss is correct about the Pats clearly wanting to focus on the passing game, because we sure weren't as balanced as we were in the first two games," AND "The run game. Okay so last night's game plan (I thought they weren't game planning...which is it? Did the offense game plan and the defense didn't?) was to pass a lot."

POINT
    :  For NE, It was almost SOLELY about seeing specific personell/personell groupings & specific play-aspects/play-aspect groupings, which Until THIS Game, Have been underused.  NO Player Talent/Player Grouping slips through unseen, NO overt focus on being Offensively 1 dimensional (RE: 2007 & spread Offense alone, and always).  It was even, as I've remarked, about taking pressure off the team, getting them motivated, And all the while, Revealing nothing for the Reg. Season.
         And guess what people?  AS I've said, It IS an entirely different motivational & overall strategy Per preseason TEAM, and Per GAME:  St Louis=Completely "green" Rookie QB...Jesus, I'D want him playin' All-Out and puttin' it all on the line, personell AND play-wise.  Rams=Preseason Game #1-Got freakin' KILLED by Minnesotta (Bradford 53 yards, Rams D=4 TDs given up); Rams=Preseason Game #2-Beat lowly Cleveland by 2 points in poor outting by both teams (Bradford=24 yards in Win, lol)...

Different Intentions, Different Needs, Different Motivations- Per Team, Per Game, and More Than ALL- ALL of these Differing Aspects PER Preseason Game, and specific preseason game.

CONCERN:
    "Bill didnt game plan for this and no one game plans or puts actual plays in for whats basically a scrimmage," AND/BUT- "If the Rams didn't game plan why did we give up over 450 yards? We have issues on defense."

POINT
    :  SEE, EVERY Single Point which I've given...(lol, I vastly underrated the length of this post and have already broken it into 3 parts of my time)

CONCERN:
    "Neither side of the ball came out and played their best, but the Pats rarely ever do well in their third preseason game. It's usually Belichick's way of seeing what pieces work together," AND "Evaluate players is what the preseason is about."

POINT
    :  Entirely CORRECT...

CONCERN:
    "Mayo, where are you?  I sure hope he goes back to his rookie year form. We rightfully blamed his average year last season on his injuries, so what can we come up with this year if he doesn't get back to his rookie season? Maybe being the lead dog is too much of a load on the guy," AND "Mayo really not showing up again," AND "Yea i am not worried about anything except for MAYO... I am not seeing any glimpses of him during plays.. I am getting worried... But still hopeful he can get back to his form."

POINT
    :  Just like the "Injury Worry Issue," THIS is EXACTLY which you should be concerned about RE: How The Patriots's have fared & looked, thus far in preseason & summer...

FINAL SAY (awarded to garytx):
    "Okay, the Pats had a bad game. Now let's see how they recover. Game 4 will have some meaning. The Pats could do something like this during the season.  Just come out flat for what ever reason. Let's see how they respond to Belichick's criticism."

FINAL POINTAlright garytx, you correctly summed up my 3 hour long post, within your 3 sentences...  See, it's not as if I couldn't do this myself if I had I wanted to (although, yea-I couldn't of), BUT It's more to the effect that I have ZERO respect any longer for some of New England's id!otic & imbcel#c "Die-Hard Patriot Fans...for ALL of 5!-9! years-long LENGTHY New England Seasons!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I only read the first post by Laz but I 100% agree with what he said."

You KNOW you my homie, taz...  Jesus man, I DO need a llife-I sorta underestimate the time-factor involved when I get goin'...dear looord.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]To ALL ...umm,  To "Most": Upon Reading the thread " Game Impressions ?," I'd like to address a few points that are Relevant Here... First off, an of-note is due here; Better, A warning...        WARNING :  I intend to point out & overall bring to light, certain things which might be taken as decent & relevant (key-word-"relevant") points, which will in more probability than not, be backed up with actual facts & sensible arguments...there will be little to no, Id!ot or Pointless Rhetoric and Weak or Nonsensically unfitting Generalizations, by myself (this might throw some of you way off).  Let's Begin... /> I start with quotes found from some posters RE : This Preseason Game < CONCERN : " The team throughout the game just didn't look like they really wanted to play ," AND " Sounds like the team didn't come ready to play to me ," AND " First half Pats displayed one of the worst performances I've seen in years. (They were) Completely overmatched, no passion or grit ...," AND " The Intensity of the first 2 games just wasn't there last night ," AND " The fact that this team is flat at all is a concern to me ," AND " Where was the hunger and energy from the D? They have to bring that every week to progress in this defense ." POINT :  Each & EVERY one of these above concerns are together Correct AND Utterly Wrong...The NFL Pre-Season is different than The NFL Regular Season (this may be shocking to some).  But, it's not as simple as "Duh...da games don't count": It IS, That the PURPOSE of the games are altogether different, AND It IS, That How a team prepares, plans, plays, and even WANTS from a game, IS different as well.  Heck, AND It IS, That How a certain team (OR, player) played & performed in preseason game #1, Makes it DIFFERENT on what you expect and want from preseason game #2, #3, and/or #4.  No, It ISN'T merely getting that "W"...sorry, it ain't. Now, I shall repeat My Overall Take, and Larger Point I've intended for my thread here, Until I Am blue-in-the-face (and as you'll see, these "Points", like any decent argument WILL overlap as I continue on here):       You experiment with varying & different schemes to see what works, and even what doesn't work;      You sub in & out varying & different personell to see who works & doesn't work, and even who works best with whom else;      You experiment with game-changes & in-game play-calling, personell, formations, schemes, & differing gameplans;      AND, what you wanna get from a preseason game IS different in terms of PRECISLY what ya got outta the last one (OR 2); You have to think ahead to the Regular Season:   There are Serious Injury Worries & Concerns whiich factor in; You Don't wanna give away LARGE cues on what YOU, are hoping, WILL make your team a success in the Reg. Season;       FINALLY, Both Player And Team psychology & mentality factor in= No detrimentally big egos, No detrimentally small egos; No detrimental Over-Expectations, No detrimental Small-Expectations; No Team "bulls-eyes" on head for other teams; And, AS We've ALL seen from 2007-There can be-No Team "unfallible for 1 single second of 1 single game" yokes of NEEDING to play an utterly & totally mistake-free Season of TOTAL Perfection. No, d#mb people...It Is ENTIRELY NOT ALWAYS about getting a "WIN," sorry...no, wrong .           CONCERN : " (The) offense struggled mightily against Rams ones. (We) couldn't run a lick ...," AND " The time to gain an identity is the preseason. This game smacked of the I'm smarter than everyone else" aspects of this staff wherein after two games of running they were going to completely change and pass ." POINT :  Age & Runningback Injury factors come in to play when The Regular Season begins...AND even far moreso-      Schematic Design & Play-Calling which ideally should be at least "modestly" (at the least) kept underwraps as much as possible, and for as Long as Possible, comes into play here:       Namely- Jesus, NE Drafted 2 TE's...There have been BOTH rumours, articles, analysts AND Teams actually exploiting the great versatility Now found in this new "en vogue" multiple Tightend Set-up.  Having a smaller (but still, "big enough")-excellent sure-handed pass-catching TE, AND a still a good pass-catching, but massively good Blocking TE-TOGETHER- Makes for superb & novel play-calling- Keeping the TE's on the LOS; Using that smaller TE as a FB, yet keeping that pass-catching threat there unlike a standard FB; Pre-snap, splitting 1 or even BOTH TE's wide into a spread formation; Sending 1 in motion, or keeping both on LOS, in order to feign pass OR run equally;       AND finally, We Have actually SEEN it's freakin' success firsthand, in the far greater number of times NE has been in this multiple TE set-up during preseason games #1 and #2 (both, against good playoff teams)...   WhatInTH is wrong with some of you...Should NE call into the play a complex blitx package they might need in order too WIN a Regular Season Game, too?  Perhaps, simply hand the team a Pats's playbook, maybe ?  CONCERN : " (NE's) underneath coverage was once again poor ." POINT :  No, and/or Wrong.  Extremely little-Blitzing, coupled with Safeties in standard zone (usually deep-zone, and stayin' there VERY unaggressively), AND this with the Cornerbacks playing 10 Yards off the LOS, giving the oppossing WR an immediate 10 yard cushion, ALL EQUALS=Giving up many, MANY underneath & short-yardage uncontested receptions, No pressure in numerous or complexities of blitz schemes, deep Safety play (no help @ LOS vs Run, OR potential threat for Safety blitz, OR to help CBs in short-yardage reception) and subsequently The Oppossing QB has more time, less pressure, less cushion, and even after the easy throw-1 slip by a CB or missed tackle, and a given 8 yarder is now an 18 yarder.        It WASN'T "Poor Coverage," It WAS far more-"Poor Schematics & Defensive Designs."  And guess what again?  It gave the Defense more looks, more gametime experience, and differing personell and player individual & combinational evaluations.  And guess what A-gain?        NE did NOT do with their CBs, what the specific players NE has @ CB are personally so excellent at doing, AND what NE WAS so excellent at doing in preseason games #1 & #2 with their CBs...WHICH IS: Playing their CBs hard, straight-up @ the LOS in tough jamming the WR press-man coverage, coupled with run-support, and vastly added Safety help right on top of the CBs...    So guess what, 1 last time?      NE showed the world nothin' they'll use which has worked.  Hmmm, WHY on earth NOT do, What exactly has been working so good, and what you drafted and acquired FOR Within your CBs specifically (Bodden largely heralded as 1 of the very best press-man CBs, McCourty was THE best press-man CB in '10 Draft, and Bodden was top 2 in the '09 draft class ?      CONCERN : " (NE's) Defense really struggled...pass rush especially, AND Even when they blitzed they couldn't get a guy in there ," AND " My biggest concern of course, which I think is MAIN concern is our DEFENSE!! UGH, Once the bell rings -our defense doesn't have the horses as it did in the past. NO Pass rushers -No pressure on QB's equals our defense wont' be able to get OFF the field ," AND " Pass rush. I know Belicheck is not a pass rush/sack proponent as the end all be all of defense; but with the game so slanted toward QB/WR play these days it HAS to be. Additionally, when that pass rush comes from just the front 3 or 4 THEN you can get more exotic, more creative with looks, which in turn creates the "big plays" ." POINT :  Now, There are 2 Points of Contention to make here, the overall "Preseason One" that I have been arguing, AND actual points of contention RE: The Pats's & BB's overall defensive design:      #1 -Standard Preseason Game...Even WHEN NE blitzed a relatively "minor" number of times, these were NOT in any way, shape, or form- Complex Blitz Schemes...90% of the time, NE's pass-rushing OLB blitzes...and from around the outside of his weakside=WOW=super-duper complex people...I'm sure they never saw that comin'!  Again, WhyInTH show a very specific look which you might desperately need when it counts?      #2 -NE DOES have a pass-rush "weakness":  But ya gotta factor in here Both what NE's 3-4 Defense is, and what I personally believe what Bill Belichick is banking on imho:  NE runs your standard 3-4 "Fairbanks-Bullough" Defensive set-up.  3 D-Lineman, each playing 2 gaps between an O-lineman(or men), IS the most basic "bend don't break defense."  Far less of QB threat, and far MORE of not givin' up a big-play...YET now, the wrinkles which Bill Belichick seems and has taken measures to exploit seem to be fielded on vastly increased CB jamming skill & reaction to help in run AND pass, Allong with his efforts to use interchangeable dual-coverage Safeties.       In otherwords, Belichick can NOW (and I trully believe he WILL), use that vastly increased skill & capabilities of his good CBs in order to show ANY sort of look and then subsequently do another, as the play's beginning (zone-press man, press man-zone, off man-zone, zone-off man, press man-off man, off man-press man), AND coupled with Not having any longer a standard bigger, slower, harder-hitting but worse in coverage-Strong Safety helping less in pass but more at the LOS vs run, OR a standard smaller, faster, physically less imposing but good in coverage-Free Safety helping less vs run and more occupying the deep-zone/helping CBs=Bill Belichick is NOW poised to mix up Safety looks, reads, schemes, and EVERY possible thing so that an Offense's QB cannot any longer hope to exploit what 1 of those Safeties is doing/showing. ALL of this increased CB skill & ability, differing Safety roles & versatility=An opening up for OTHER positions, that might be at first glance-"lacking", And thus-IT DOES open-up many aspects of what NE can do with their pass-rush .    CONCERN : " Y'all saw the defense, or should we say, lack of defense. Who was that big lineman that we traded a couple of seasons ago to San Diego? Sure could have used him last night and all of last season ," AND " I just don't think they have the horses on that D-line and I'm afraid this will be the chat most of (if not all) this year ." POINT : This IS a major concern ...      But #1 -Imho, and perhaps aside from ONLY securing a franchise QB and/or a #1 WR, Securing a 3-4 Defensive End, the quality and likes of someone like Richard Seymour...lmao-well, it ain't gonna happen without a Top 5-maybe (lol) Top 15 Draft Selection...Let's see, hmmm-Do I waste my late 1st Rder on an only average DE, OR get maybe the Nation's Best CB/TE/Guard/#2 WR/ILB...?  And , WAIT and bide my time being a Franchise Success year after year after year, Until I can get that excellent quality DE...  Wow, tough choice here.      Yet #2 -Imho, IS a valid point-But wadd'ya do, WHEN the depth of your Defensive Line is an issue too?  I mean, during PreSeason Game #3, Is it really in your best interests To Play your better & very, very FEW- Regular Season Gameday Starters, long into this preseason contest, riskin' Injury & Wear on them...sheez.   CONCERN : " One of the trademarks of the Super Bowl teams (with those long winning streaks) was they took care of business every week. Remember last year when everyone said don't worry about the regular season, they will turn it on for the playoffs. How did that Balitmore game turn ou t ?" POINT :  Yup, 2007 ended up simply Fan-freakin'-tastic for me, As a New England Patriots's Fan...  Yessiree, excellent call, the idea of infinitely raising expectations, pressure, & overall opponent awareness and opponent passion to beat a 31 and mistake-free team.       Yup, IF we can place ALL of these issues on the heads of our players, coaches, & team As early as Preseason Game #3, I'm sure it'll turn out just great for NE in the end ...  CONCERN : " My concern is the same issue we had last year that this Defense does not have a true leader on it, be it a player or coach. Everyone thought Vince Wilfork was going to step up this year with his new contract and all. They need a guy that can movitivate the rest of the defense when they come out so flat ." POINT :  THIS is the very Beginning of Issues & Concerns, which SHOULD be taken as worrisome, or at least...Issues to follow as the Regular Season progresses.  #1-Passion, Voice, and Leadership to dig down, motivate others, give veteran play-reads, intimidate opponents, and to Know & Show other guys with some sorta "swagger", that NE WILL be Victors when the final whistle's blown...      Either way=Preseason, and it's about novel personell groupings, 1 1/2 quarters of Veteran Starter play, and etc., etc..  We shall see when it counts, and even when ya take into consideration the sheer Pure Insane NUMBER of substitutions of players, work on play-calling that hasn't worked in Weeks #1 & #2 for added depth & play-potential success.... Then yea-It Makes it sorta hard to achieve or even FEEL:  Passion & Success, when the Top-Priority is the aforementioned things, Rather THAN things like: Continuity, Stability, Play-Calling on plays You KNOW will work, &/or even Veteran Time on Field as skilled leaders .    CONCERN : " I'm a little concerned on a few injuries but i guess in a couple of days we will find out if it is a real problem ." POINT :  THIS, Is PRECISELY that which SHOULD be your concern.  In almost EVERY one of NE's Championship Teams (especially 2001...well, excepting for Bledsoe, thank god)- Depth of Position and Starting Skilled Players's Health, I recall, Was WELL Above The League Average (in terms of injury issues). CONCERN : " I'll assume that Reiss is correct about the Pats clearly wanting to focus on the passing game, because we sure weren't as balanced as we were in the first two games ," AND " The run game. Okay so last night's game plan (I thought they weren't game planning...which is it? Did the offense game plan and the defense didn't?) was to pass a lot ." POINT :  For NE, It was almost SOLELY about seeing specific personell/personell groupings & specific play-aspects/play-aspect groupings, which Until THIS Game, Have been underused.  NO Player Talent/Player Grouping slips through unseen, NO overt focus on being Offensively 1 dimensional (RE: 2007 & spread Offense alone, and always).  It was even, as I've remarked, about taking pressure off the team, getting them motivated, And all the while, Revealing nothing for the Reg. Season.      And guess what people?  AS I've said, It IS an entirely different motivational & overall strategy Per preseason TEAM, and Per GAME:  St Louis=Completely "green" Rookie QB...Jesus, I'D want him playin' All-Out and puttin' it all on the line, personell AND play-wise.  Rams=Preseason Game #1-Got freakin' KILLED by Minnesotta (Bradford 53 yards, Rams D=4 TDs given up); Rams=Preseason Game #2-Beat lowly Cleveland by 2 points in poor outting by both teams (Bradford=24 yards in Win, lol)... Different Intentions, Different Needs, Different Motivations- Per Team, Per Game, and More Than ALL- ALL of these Differing Aspects PER Preseason Game, and specific preseason game . CONCERN : " Bill didnt game plan for this and no one game plans or puts actual plays in for whats basically a scrimmage ," AND/BUT- " If the Rams didn't game plan why did we give up over 450 yards? We have issues on defense ." POINT :  SEE, EVERY Single Point which I've given...(lol, I vastly underrated the length of this post and have already broken it into 3 parts of my time) CONCERN : " Neither side of the ball came out and played their best, but the Pats rarely ever do well in their third preseason game. It's usually Belichick's way of seeing what pieces work together ," AND " Evaluate players is what the preseason is about ." POINT :  Entirely CORRECT... CONCERN : " Mayo, where are you?  I sure hope he goes back to his rookie year form. We rightfully blamed his average year last season on his injuries, so what can we come up with this year if he doesn't get back to his rookie season? Maybe being the lead dog is too much of a load on the guy ," AND " Mayo really not showing up again ," AND " Yea i am not worried about anything except for MAYO... I am not seeing any glimpses of him during plays.. I am getting worried... But still hopeful he can get back to his form ." POINT :  Just like the "Injury Worry Issue," THIS is EXACTLY which you should be concerned about RE: How The Patriots's have fared & looked, thus far in preseason & summer... FINAL SAY (awarded to garytx ): " Okay, the Pats had a bad game. Now let's see how they recover. Game 4 will have some meaning. The Pats could do something like this during the season.  Just come out flat for what ever reason. Let's see how they respond to Belichick's criticism ." FINAL POINT :  Alright garytx , you correctly summed up my 3 hour long post, within your 3 sentences...  See, it's not as if I couldn't do this myself if I had I wanted to (although, yea-I couldn't of), BUT It's more to the effect that I have ZERO respect any longer for some of New England's id!otic & imbcel#c "Die-Hard Patriot Fans...for ALL of 5!-9! years-long LENGTHY New England Seasons !
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I agree and Disagree

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Hey Laz, you have grown on me. Used to have trouble finishing a moderate post of yours but actualy read through the last one. And your insane logic now makes sense. Should I be worried?

My summation on the game- We came out in a soft zone, and Bradford showed he can play. We worried more about our personel evaluations in certain formations than winning. We gave the coaches alot of good tape to nail em down on and we lost but still get to start the season 0-0. Go figure

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

What's wrong with me? Well, the considered professional psychiatric diagnosis is crazy as a s#!7-house rat. Having disclosed my condition I would like to add that the next game would also be an excellent game to lose spending the time evaluating players, both individually and in combination in order to increase the likelihood of winning games during the regular season based on the simple fact that this one doesn't count.
    Foot in mouth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]you are one crazy mother lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    No Im not a troll, but I heard RUSSGEORL use to be mm1021us and he use to be the biggest troll on here and still is. Please dont pick on my cuz I like Laz.  Im learnig so much I didnt know about football. How come Shaq didnt play?